Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich.sachs

Personalities of the Local Universe

Guest rich.sachs

(409.6) 37:4.1 The Most High Assistants are a group of volunteering beings, of origin outside the local universe, who are temporarily assigned as central and superuniverse representatives to, or observers of, the local creations. Their number varies constantly but is always far up in the millions.

these universe aids sometimes come from the universe of eternal perfection as opposed to those beings who have never been there, the central universe.

(409.7) 37:4.2 From time to time we thus benefit from the ministry and assistance of such Paradise-origin beings as Perfectors of Wisdom, Divine Counselors, Universal Censors, Inspired Trinity Spirits, Trinitized Sons, Solitary Messengers, supernaphim, seconaphim, tertiaphim, and other gracious ministers, who sojourn with us for the purpose of helping our native personalities in the effort to bring all Nebadon into fuller harmony with the ideas of Orvonton and the ideals of Paradise.

okay.

(410.1) 37:4.3 Any of these beings may be voluntarily serving in Nebadon and hence be technically outside our jurisdiction, but when functioning by assignment, such personalities of the super- and central universes are not wholly exempt from the regulations of the local universe of their sojourn, though they continue to function as representatives of the higher universes and to work in accordance with the instructions which constitute their mission in our realm. Their general headquarters is situated in the Salvington sector of the Union of Days, and they operate in Nebadon subject to the oversupervision of this ambassador of the Paradise Trinity. When serving in unattached groups, these personalities from the higher realms are usually self-directing, but when serving on request, they often voluntarily place themselves wholly under the jurisdiction of the supervising directors of the realms of assigned function.

i get it, the most high assistants is not the name of the beings we're discussing but a category of the ones listed in the previous paragraph.

(410.2) 37:4.4 Most High Assistants serve in local universe and in constellation capacities but are not directly attached to the system or planetary governments. They may, however, function anywhere in the local universe and may be assigned to any phase of Nebadon activity — administrative, executive, educational, and others.

so the highest beings get to do many different kinds of interesting jobs.

(410.3) 37:4.5 Most of this corps is enlisted in assisting the Nebadon Paradise personalities — the Union of Days, the Creator Son, the Faithfuls of Days, the Magisterial Sons, and the Trinity Teacher Sons. Now and then in the transaction of the affairs of a local creation it becomes wise to withhold certain details, temporarily, from the knowledge of practically all of the native personalities of that local universe. Certain advanced plans and complex rulings are also better grasped and more fully understood by the more mature and farseeing corps of Most High Assistants, and it is in such situations, and many others, that they are so highly serviceable to the universe rulers and administrators.

and man imperfectly imitates this in his governments with clandestine affairs. the idea that we are made in the image of god has many far reaching realities that a christian simply couldn't contemplate from lack of information like what is given in the urantia book.

Hi, Rich,

Many UB readers just get exhausted having to read the papers upon papers of classes upon classes of angels. The category upon category of seraphim and list after list of other beings. It's worse than any sci fi novel or fictional hobbit story. The endless categorization of all the myriads of classes of universe beings just stagger the human mind. It's one of the reasons that I believe in the truthfulness of the Urantia. It's just way too much for any one person to have made it all up. I know it has to be real.

Guest rich.sachs

hello midsoniter woman,

i've never felt that way. i see tub as giving a full categorization, something my mind can comprehend, and giving as much as they have to. but at least there's a cut-off point to there list of beings. it's not too much for me, but i can believe what you're saying about how some may feel staggered. it's a long book, but they put everything in there they had to and it does take a fairly intelligent person to be able to read and digest the entire book. but the way they describe the functions and levels of authority and what all these myriad of angels and other spirits do, is so different for each being they describe, that it keeps it interesting for me.

i've made many, many statements in many posts about how what is done on the earth is symbolic of what they describe spirits do and have said, that this, for me, is what helps validate the truthfulness of the book. like the rulers of this universe are similar to a man and a woman. and the spiritual government is run in similar fashion to earthly governments, it's in the comparisons of how an earth imitates the spiritual world that gives me the belief in the validity of the book. and yes, it flows well in non-contradictory fashion for 2,000 pages, it's coherency, how it connects one paper and idea to another is another testament to its truthfulness. and yes, no human could have written this, it's simply too good and too long a piece of literature for a human brain to have conjured up, strictly from a well-written standpoint, even if i wasn't looking at the actual information from a truthfulness standpoint.

Edited by rich.sachs

Sign in to follow this