Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Bonita

The 1st Jubilee

. . . are you absolutely certain you KNOW your Adjuster?

YES. Absolutely, 200% certain. No doubt whatsoever. It's a little risky to admit this publicly, but I've had my first jubilee, which means that I have an agreement with my Adjuster which has been witnessed, recorded and sealed. You can't do that without knowing each other rather intimately. You'll just have to believe me when I tell you this though since there is no objective way for me to prove it. I didn't get a framable certificate or diploma when it happened; no passport was stamped. So yes, I know my Adjuster and I am more than certain about it. But let's leave it there because that's not what you're really talking about.

102.6.4 Faith transforms the philosophic God of probability into
the saving God of certainty in the personal religious experience
. Skepticism may challenge the theories of theology, but confidence in the dependability of personal experience affirms the truth of that belief which has grown into faith.

196.0.1 Jesus enjoyed a sublime and wholehearted faith in God. He experienced the ordinary ups and downs of mortal existence, but he never religiously doubted the
certainty
of God’s watchcare and guidance. His faith was the
outgrowth of the insight born of the activity of the divine presence, his indwelling Adjuster
. His faith was neither traditional nor merely intellectual; it was wholly personal and purely spiritual.

I think what you are intimating with your refusal to accept that it is possible to know God involves the infinity of God and the fact that there is no end to our learning about him. However, that does not apply to the personal experience of and with God. I don't know how to explain to you the difference between experiencing God and learning about him. I'm guessing it is something you'll have to experience for yourself and when you do, you'll understand what I'm trying to say. But, TUB clearly tells us that we can know God, and know now, even though we never reach full knowledge. The Adjuster will continually offer us new revelations throughout eternity.

102:2.4  Knowledge is an eternal quest; always are you learning, but never are you able to arrive at the full knowledge of absolute truth. In knowledge alone there can never be absolute certainty, only increasing probability of approximation;
but the religious soul of spiritual illumination knows, and knows now
. And yet this profound and positive certitude does not lead such a sound-minded religionist to take any less interest in the ups and downs of the progress of human wisdom, which is bound up on its material end with the developments of slow-moving science.

107.4.7 When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership. In eternity, man will be discovering not only the infinity of the objective Deity but also the unending potentiality of the subjective fragment of this same God. Always will the Adjuster be revealing to the mortal personality the wonder of God, and
never can this supernal revelation come to an end
, for the Adjuster is of God and as God to mortal man.

We will continue to learn forever and ever, but it will be in partnership with the One whom we seek to know in absolute oneness in eternity. It's a cosmic love affair.

110.7.4   An absolute oneness with the divine Monitor, a complete exhaustion of the endowment of an Adjuster, can only be achieved in eternity subsequent to the final attainment of the Universal Father, the Father of spirits, ever the source of these divine gifts.

Hi Bonita,

I was most interested in your statement:

"YES. Absolutely, 200% certain. No doubt whatsoever. It's a little risky to admit this publicly, but I've had my first jubilee, which means that I have an agreement with my Adjuster which has been witnessed, recorded and sealed. You can't do that without knowing each other rather intimately. You'll just have to believe me when I tell you this though since there is no objective way for me to prove it. I didn't get a framable certificate or diploma when it happened; no passport was stamped. So yes, I know my Adjuster and I am more than certain about it. "

as this is the first time I have heard an account outside of the UB of someone who has had extensive conscious communication with their Adjuster. If you could provide any more details I would be most interested. So far I can only point to one or maybe two times when I have had momentary conscious communication with mine. Up to now I thought the only formal agreement one makes with one's Adjuster was the irrevocable choice leading to fusion. How many are there? Can you share any details about the jubilee? Who did the witnessing, recording and sealing?

Thanks,

Rick B.

as this is the first time I have heard an account outside of the UB of someone who has had extensive conscious communication with their Adjuster. If you could provide any more details I would be most interested. So far I can only point to one or maybe two times when I have had momentary conscious communication with mine. Up to now I thought the only formal agreement one makes with one's Adjuster was the irrevocable choice leading to fusion. How many are there? Can you share any details about the jubilee? Who did the witnessing, recording and sealing?

rick,

Thanks for your interest, but I'm afraid this forum is not the place to expound on these things. I'm even sorry I brought it up. And truthfully, it's not something that is easy to describe. You must know that yourself since you've had some communion. It's very personal and experiential. How do you describe an intimate encounter with a loved one? It's not easy to do, but anyone who's had the experience knows what you're talking about. Most of the time I like to talk about what the Adjuster has done for me, how I've changed and how I now see things as a result of my relationship. But frankly, even that is difficult to get across and maybe not even very important. But I've found that no matter how hard I try, it's not something I can keep bottled up inside; it spills out in various ways. It's not possible for me to say no to God for very long. He's too adorable.

As for the jubilee, here is the TUB information on it:

27.7.8 After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.

One thing that surprised me though is that I thought that I had agreed to survive long, long before this happened. I didn't realize that my agreement was only of my mind and not of my soul. Something else, something more profound had to happen in order to get there. All I can tell you is that it had to do with God's will and decisions as well as what I consider at the time to have been sublime desire so overwhelming that I was willing to give up everything, nothing else mattered. My experience was with my soul, not my mind or my body. It was morontial and that's about all I can say. Although, I admit that sometimes I wish we were in biblical times where one could talk freely about these things and not be considered a nut case, you know, like Paul and Peter. But alas, we are in modern materialistic times where people want finite proof of everything . . . and so we'll leave it at that.

Incidentally, do you know that your soul has a life of its own and you can choose to live it? Although you may be soul conscious, the soul has to become completely conscious of you and the Adjuster in order for this to happen, and when it does a certain connection is made in which you grow more and more conscious of your Adjuster via the soul. So, in order for the first jubilee to occur, you must have a certain amount of soul growth. I guess we can start a thread on soul growth if you want to talk about that, but for the most part it is unconscious until you get to this point, and even after that, it's slow and involved, at least for me. For someone like Jesus, it went quickly, but I'm stubborn when it comes to fostering that mind function.

111.3.4 Both the human mind and the divine Adjuster are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul — the Adjuster fully, the mind partially.
The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Adjuster as associated identities,
proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the divine spirit but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and divine dominance through the
fostering of a mind function
whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spirit value.

But I'll be honest with you concerning Adjuster communion, for the most part I commune with the Spirit of Truth, a real down to earth person who is capable of working within both my mind and my soul. The Adjuster and he are essentially one in this regard, if you've seen and heard the Son, you've seen and heard the Father. He's the WAY -- the connection to the Adjuster for the human mind . . . literally. Trust me on this, he makes it easy.

141.3.7 The Master never said, “Come to me all you who are indolent and all who are dreamers.” But he did many times say, “Come to me all you who labor, and I will give you rest — spiritual strength.” The Master’s yoke is, indeed, easy, but even so, he never imposes it; every individual must take this yoke of his own free will.

159.3.7 Forewarn all believers regarding the fringe of conflict which must be traversed by all who pass from the life as it is lived in the flesh to the higher life as it is lived in the spirit. To those who live quite wholly within either realm, there is little conflict or confusion, but all are doomed to experience more or less uncertainty during the times of transition between the two levels of living. In entering the kingdom, you cannot escape its responsibilities or avoid its obligations, but remember: The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light.

Thanks for all your sincere input Bonita, I am going to stick with the word acquainted for now.

I like the word acquainted Rick, but it's an intimate and involved acquaintance and one you can't leave at the doorstep with a kiss and see again next weekend. This acquaintance moves in with you and is a permanent resident of your mind and thoughts. Hard to ignore. Just sayin'.

Bonita,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences on these intimate topics. I suspect I need to experience much more soul growth to truly be able to differentiate communication with the Spirit of Truth from communication with my Adjuster or communication with other celestial beings. I share your belief that this is a slow and incremental process. Hopefully my everyday thoughts, hopes and prayers foster this growth.

If you did speak frankly about these topics, even in these materialistic times, I'm sure that there would be some, myself included, who would not immediately label you a nutcase.

Rick B.

rick,

Thanks for your interest, but I'm afraid this forum is not the place to expound on these things. I'm even sorry I brought it up. And truthfully, it's not something that is easy to describe. You must know that yourself since you've had some communion. It's very personal and experiential. How do you describe an intimate encounter with a loved one? It's not easy to do, but anyone who's had the experience knows what you're talking about. Most of the time I like to talk about what the Adjuster has done for me, how I've changed and how I now see things as a result of my relationship. But frankly, even that is difficult to get across and maybe not even very important. But I've found that no matter how hard I try, it's not something I can keep bottled up inside; it spills out in various ways. It's not possible for me to say no to God for very long. He's too adorable.

As for the jubilee, here is the TUB information on it:

27.7.8 After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.

One thing that surprised me though is that I thought that I had agreed to survive long, long before this happened. I didn't realize that my agreement was only of my mind and not of my soul. Something else, something more profound had to happen in order to get there. All I can tell you is that it had to do with God's will and decisions as well as what I consider at the time to have been sublime desire so overwhelming that I was willing to give up everything, nothing else mattered. My experience was with my soul, not my mind or my body. It was morontial and that's about all I can say. Although, I admit that sometimes I wish we were in biblical times where one could talk freely about these things and not be considered a nut case, you know, like Paul and Peter. But alas, we are in modern materialistic times where people want finite proof of everything . . . and so we'll leave it at that.

Incidentally, do you know that your soul has a life of its own and you can choose to live it? Although you may be soul conscious, the soul has to become completely conscious of you and the Adjuster in order for this to happen, and when it does a certain connection is made in which you grow more and more conscious of your Adjuster via the soul. So, in order for the first jubilee to occur, you must have a certain amount of soul growth. I guess we can start a thread on soul growth if you want to talk about that, but for the most part it is unconscious until you get to this point, and even after that, it's slow and involved, at least for me. For someone like Jesus, it went quickly, but I'm stubborn when it comes to fostering that mind function.

111.3.4 Both the human mind and the divine Adjuster are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul — the Adjuster fully, the mind partially.
The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Adjuster as associated identities,
proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the divine spirit but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and divine dominance through the
fostering of a mind function
whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spirit value.

But I'll be honest with you concerning Adjuster communion, for the most part I commune with the Spirit of Truth, a real down to earth person who is capable of working within both my mind and my soul. The Adjuster and he are essentially one in this regard, if you've seen and heard the Son, you've seen and heard the Father. He's the WAY -- the connection to the Adjuster for the human mind . . . literally. Trust me on this, he makes it easy.

141.3.7 The Master never said, “Come to me all you who are indolent and all who are dreamers.” But he did many times say, “Come to me all you who labor, and I will give you rest — spiritual strength.” The Master’s yoke is, indeed, easy, but even so, he never imposes it; every individual must take this yoke of his own free will.

159.3.7 Forewarn all believers regarding the fringe of conflict which must be traversed by all who pass from the life as it is lived in the flesh to the higher life as it is lived in the spirit. To those who live quite wholly within either realm, there is little conflict or confusion, but all are doomed to experience more or less uncertainty during the times of transition between the two levels of living. In entering the kingdom, you cannot escape its responsibilities or avoid its obligations, but remember: The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light.

I like the word acquainted Rick, but it's an intimate and involved acquaintance and one you can't leave at the doorstep with a kiss and see again next weekend. This acquaintance moves in with you and is a permanent resident of your mind and thoughts. Hard to ignore. Just sayin'.

Bonita,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences on these intimate topics. I suspect I need to experience much more soul growth to truly be able to differentiate communication with the Spirit of Truth from communication with my Adjuster or communication with other celestial beings. I share your belief that this is a slow and incremental process. Hopefully my everyday thoughts, hopes and prayers foster this growth.

If you did speak frankly about these topics, even in these materialistic times, I'm sure that there would be some, myself included, who would not immediately label you a nutcase.

Rick B.

Thanks for being so sensitive Rick. I do want to point out that I'm not necessarily saying that I am accurately able to differentiate between the various spirit influences within me. They do act as one. The mind of Jesus, the Spirit of Truth, however, has a certain spiritual fragrance that is undeniably recognizable. I believe it is because he is so much like us and so very, very close to us mortals, but I admit that I am operating on pure conjecture here. I do actually "feel" his presence though, on a level other than the finite.

155.6.12 It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to
feel the presence of God.

It's not a mystical experience either, meaning one that comes with extremes of emotion or mental gymnastics. It's an everyday kind of awareness of "otherness", but an "otherness" with personality. I tried all the yoga and meditative things but never got anywhere until one day I made a simple childlike prayer request, completely trusting that it would happen if God so willed, and apparently he did. And since that day, I've learned to maintain the feeling of the presence of God at all times. This is how Jesus was able to make such remarkable progress. He lived as though he were always in the presence of God and he established an unbroken communion with him. It's equivalent to Paul's appeal to pray without ceasing.

196.0.10 The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; a
nd he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship
— unbroken communion with God — and not by leadings, voices, visions, or extraordinary religious practices.

TUB tells us to foster the alter ego approach, and that is actually the best description I've ever come across to describe the experience. We've moved out of the biblical era into the psychological era, and so I think modern people have a better grasp of the meaning of alter ego than of ceaseless prayer. And yes, it is possible to talk face to face, "as it were".

91.3.7 Enlightened prayer must recognize not only an external and personal God but also an internal and impersonal Divinity, the indwelling Adjuster. It is altogether fitting that man, when he prays, should strive to grasp the concept of the Universal Father on Paradise; but the more effective technique for most practical purposes will be to revert to the concept of a near-by alter ego, just as the primitive mind was wont to do, and then to recognize that the idea of
this alter ego has evolved from a mere fiction to the truth of God’s indwelling mortal man in the factual presence of the Adjuster so that man can talk face to face
, as it were, with a real and genuine and divine alter ego that indwells him and is the very presence and essence of the living God, the Universal Father.

But back to the jubilee --- a time of indescribable jubilation! I sure hope you and everyone else experiences it, then we can all be nut cases together. What a triumph that would be! All of us crazy for God -- in a non-fanatical way of course. Just crazy enough to forget ourselves.

What a triumph that would be! All of us crazy for God -- in a non-fanatical way of course. Just crazy enough to forget ourselves.

Nicely put, Bonita. And what a triumph of technique, that this world,

lacking its normalizing Lanonandeks and Adams, becomes lit purely

by the light of the Spirit of Truth and luminosity of Adjusters B)

Nigel

Here is a quote from John of the Cross that describes, in old timey language, the spiritual state of of mind surrounding the first jubilee:

We know, of course, that bodily death precedes the vision of God in heaven. But there is another life available to us in which everything in us is God-directed, and we live and act and think with the mind of God; this is when everything within us and about us is penetrated by the Spirit. Then we are children of God in fact, not just in desire. We are one with God as a bride is one with her bridegroom in marriage.

In this state we seem to be keeping a perpetual feast of joy, singing a new song, delighting in all that is good and all that is of God. We are conscious of God's tenderness and comfort, and we know ourselves encouraged and engraced, as if we were the only one in the world for God to comfort, to care for, to provide for. "My Beloved is mine and I am his" (Song 2:16). What we experience in God's touch is in some way a foretaste of everlasting life. Some saints have known this and could not find words to describe it, so it is best to be silent. It is something so personal that it can belong only to the one who receives it, like the "white stone" and new name given to the elect in heaven (cf.Rv 2:17).

We may not be in heaven yet, but in this state we share in the things pertaining to God: fortitude, wisdom, love, beauty, grace and goodness. The "debt" that we had to pay before we attained to the state of spiritual betrothal was temptation, hardship, trials of mind and body, so that spirit and flesh could be purified together. John of the Cross, Living Flame of Love