Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Meredith Van Woert

Topic - "Remote Stillness"

Hi Mods,

It has come to my attention that my dear SURF Member Rey Baskerville and others (Michael DiMattia who has moved to the East coast of the US , Ernie Padilla a non-member whom I just saw this past weekend, and new SURF Member Mark Erickson) have gone into channeling. Here is a link to a transcript from Sept. 2009 of an event that took place in Los Angeles where these people live:

http://tmarchives.com/bottomframe.php?tid=5116

This is problematic, personally and to our local association. I am telling you about it in order to alert you to watch out for Rey's topic "Remote Stillness." These are code words used in channeling sessions.

Thanks,

Meredith

PREACHING TO THE CHOIR (forgive me Lord)

My experience from watching this happen to many people over the years is that they gradually drift away from study of the book until their only socialization is with other channelers. I believe, and have asked my heavenly Father to , if possible, exempt me from witnessing any supernormal manifestations, spiritual or otherwise, as my life goal is to develop unquestioned faith and sublime confidencethat as an AGONDONTER I will be able to believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone.

There are no "short cuts" to perfection. Having supposedly benign spirit beings soothe and smooth the way through esoteric platitutdes and spiritual "baby talk" does nothing but cause delay. If channelers sought real experience instead of spiritual schmooze, they would pray for difficulties that required decisions and real service to their fellow man.

P.551 - §2 Those things which you might have learned on earth, but which you failed to learn, must be acquired under the tutelage of these faithful and patient teachers. There are no royal roads, short cuts, or easy paths to Paradise. Irrespective of the individual variations of the route, you master the lessons of one sphere before you proceed to another; at least this is true after you once leave the world of your nativity.

P.846 - §4 Never, in all your ascent to Paradise, will you gain anything by impatiently attempting to circumvent the established and divine plan by short cuts, personal inventions, or other devices for improving on the way of perfection, to perfection, and for eternal perfection.

P.1931 - §1 Under the soon-coming persecutions by those who hate this gospel of joy and liberty, you will thrive and the kingdom will prosper. But you will stand in grave danger in subsequent times when most men will speak well of kingdom believers and many in high places nominally accept the gospel of the heavenly kingdom. Learn to be faithful to the kingdom even in times of peace and prosperity. Tempt not the angels of your supervision to lead you in troublous ways as a loving discipline designed to save your ease-drifting souls.

"Sillly" Sound Bites (in RED)

"I invite Mark and Henry's Adjusters to perhaps comment on what I've shared tonight,"

Only times an Adjuster "spoke"

," "I have glorified my name in your bestowals many times, and I will glorify it once more."1904-1

P.2020 - §2 "Not one of you can do aught to assist your Creator-father in the return to life. As a mortal of the realm he has experienced mortal death; as the Sovereign of a universe he still lives. That which you observe is the mortal transit of Jesus of Nazareth from life in the flesh to life in the morontia. The spirit transit of this Jesus was completed at the time I separated myself from his personality and became your temporary director. Your Creator-father has elected to pass through the whole of the experience of his mortal creatures, from birth on the material worlds, on through natural death and the resurrection of the morontia, into the status of true spirit existence. A certain phase of this experience you are about to observe, but you may not participate in it. Those things which you ordinarily do for the creature, you may not do for the Creator. A Creator Son has within himself the power to bestow himself in the likeness of any of his created sons; he has within himself the power to lay down his observable life and to take it up again; and he has this power because of the direct command of the Paradise Father, and I know whereof I speak."

Thus did Jesus observe his own former divine spirit descending on its return to him in personalized form. And he heard this same spirit of Paradise origin now speak, saying, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." 1511-2

Now likewise I would withdraw my individual personality as much as is possible in this equation to allow for this light of truth to shine as brightly out as possible with only my support.

P.640 - §1 Personality inherently reaches out to unify all constituent realities...Such unifying creativity of all creature personality is a birthmark of its high and exclusive source and is further evidential of its unbroken contact with this same source through the personality circuit, by means of which the personality of the creature maintains direct and sustaining contact with the Father of all personality on Paradise.

P.89 - §3 The Father comes down to you as a personality only through the divine Sons of the Eternal Son. And you attain the Father by this same living way; you ascend to the Father by the guidance of this group of divine Sons. And this remains true notwithstanding that your very personality is a direct bestowal of the Universal Father.

that there is great spiritual content contained in material experience and that such spiritual content may be the more readily available because it is of human origin and nature.

the choice of the Adjuster is limitless

God cannot exceed the conceptual capacity of the beings who live on such a level. Mortal man must, through the recognition of truth, the appreciation of beauty, and the worship of goodness, evolve the recognition of a God of love and then progress through ascending deity levels to the comprehension of the Supreme. Deity, having been thus grasped as unified in power, can then be personalized in spirit to creature understanding and attainment 641-4

this entire quorum of consciousness more tangible and legitimate in your perception of reality.

I thank you all for inviting me into your circle (they can't come in on their own)

I am just sad because my friends are toying with the spirits of God...

Too bad, Meredith,

Was wondering about the 'stillness' topic. Stillness is a tm buzword and practice.

This group has been posting the same periodic messages to truthbook, under the name agondonter 606, but he didn't the last time, on May 18. Maybe Rey sensed he was on thin ice here.

Either way, my vote is to set the topic invisible, r

Too bad, Meredith,

Was wondering about the 'stillness' topic. Stillness is a tm buzword and practice.

This group has been posting the same periodic messages to truthbook, under the name agondonter 606, but he didn't the last time, on May 18. Maybe Rey sensed he was on thin ice here.

Either way, my vote is to set the topic invisible, r

Thanks Bill, Rick.

I vote for setting it invisible too. Would you do that? I plan to phone Rey. And Mark too, to inquire. As Bill knows, Rey lives in Mark's lovely home. And together they started an area study group just this year. I think Victoria Clark attends. I may phone her. I'm going on the personal approach get an understanding from them, before taking the issue to the congregation (SURF).

Thanks,

Meredith

P.S. Perhaps the person named "Mark" is not the Mark I know. The person in the TM transcript may be one who is named Mark Rogers. Thxs.

Edited by Meredith Van Woert

Hey Meredith and Rick,

Give me an opportunity to respond to Rey in the morning, before you take action.

Hey Meredith and Rick,

Give me an opportunity to respond to Rey in the morning, before you take action.

I will wait to hear from you, Bill, before phoning Rey. It is good that you are taking the lead in contacting him.

Thanks,

Meredith

Thanks for monitoring this one, guys.

On a related note, our old friend Claude (Violet, Voyette, yeetta) Martel has registered again.

If he replies to my "Welcome, are you a bot?" message, I'll bring this to your attention.

Nigel

I will call Rey in the Morning (Monday) and ask him to share his thoughts about revelation. I will have to do quite a bit of review to prepare, but i will speak with him about where he is going and where he wants to be and post back to you in the P.M.

b

I am unable to reach Rey at this time. I vote for making this topic invisible also.Strangely enough, Rob Reno just made Rey a friend on facebook. I emailed Rob and asked him to give Rey the "unvarnished truth" about channeling.

Bill

I am unable to reach Rey at this time. I vote for making this topic invisible also.Strangely enough, Rob Reno just made Rey a friend on facebook. I emailed Rob and asked him to give Rey the "unvarnished truth" about channeling.

Bill

Hi Bill, all,

Let's make the topic invisible and move on. Other conversations are occurring and have occurred over the past few days, regarding channeling, as it pertains to UAI. A proposal has been submitted to UAUS from HULA regarding this matter and SURF, of which Rey is a Full Member, is paying attention (by way of reading all the posts back and forth on our SURF-Discussion-List). I mention this because you should know that other people within Rey's UAI family are speaking up. At least he has a opporunity to assimilate other's opinions on the issue. And all of us are involved in this issue and have a point of view. Are any of you aware of the HULA Proposal?

All the best,

Meredith

Hi Meredith,

I am not. What do they propose?

Nigel

Me either, but guessed it's about purging and banning UAI of tmers/channelers.

Me either, but guessed it's about purging and banning UAI of tmers/channelers.

Hi,

SURF has been discussing a proposal about channeling since May 21, because David Linthicum, president of UAUS, posted a notice on the UAUS List about it, and our SURF presient presented the proposal to us for discussion. Discussion is now taking place within each local association, supposedly. Contact your president to get the whole enchilada. Nigel is out of the loop because he's a members of ANZURA. I'm really surprised you don't know about this Rick! Are you aware of this Bill? Sooner or later David will call for a vote from the CLP.

All the best,

Meredith

David said no one but presidents and vice presidents are allowed on the CLP. But I'll ck with my local's prez for an update.

David said no one but presidents and vice presidents are allowed on the CLP. But I'll ck with my local's prez for an update.

True. Pres. and VP only are on the UAUS List. It is a duty of Pres. and VPs to communicate issues before the CLP to constituent Members for discussion in oder to determine from the Members what the majority think about the issue, thereby informing the Pres. and VP how to each cast a vote at ther CLP meeting when the vote is called for.

Seems there might be a communications gap going on in some locals in this country (USA). If this is so, it points to a failure of leadership in my opinion. It points to the absense of dialogue among Members and local association leaders who constitute the grassroots of UAI.

Meredith

No, I am not aware of David Linthicum's effort but I can tell you I support it.

This TM approach is particularly efficacious will new readers and those incomplete readers who pick and choose and often read the same parts many times. It reminds me of the shameful raiding of the nurseries during the height of the Lucifer reballion and always, at the bottom,(reduction ad absurdum), is the "message" the the "spiritual circuits" have been opened. The "proof" for the channelers is, itself, a channelled message.

No good can come from the "fruit of the poisoned tree," the knowledge of Good and Evil," the invereted pyramid resting upon a lie.

b

Our vice prez forwarded HULA's proposal. I replied:

Hey Guys,

The wording couldn't be better, imo. I'd vote for it but it's unclear what's to be done with this declaration--insert it in the charter and/or bylaws? Post it on UAI's website's main page? Guess I'm asking, proposal to do what? Or is that for the RC to decide?

$.01 Rick W

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------

Subject: [uaus@urantiausa.com] UAUS CLP - Proposal from Hawaii

Date: Fri, May 21, 2010 12:29 pm

To: uaus@urantiausa.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear CLP,

Below is a proposal that has been received from the Hawaii Urantia Local

Association (HULA) which is presented for your consideration. After an

initial discussion period the Governing Board will entertain motions on

the proposal. If a motion passes with a majority vote of the CLP that

motion will be forwarded to the Representative Council (RC) for further

consideration. The current proposal is intended to as a statement of

Urantia Association International (UAI) policy which requires RC

approval.

HULA's proposal is as follows:

UAI Policy Statement concerning the Channeling Phenomenon

Within certain groups of people reading The Urantia Book, there has

developed a phenomenon labeled "channeling" or the "Teaching Mission."

Advocates of this phenomenon claim to be in touch with superhuman

personalities, who sometimes have names taken from The Urantia Book. We

believe that these practices of channeling have diverted groups from the

in-depth study of The Urantia Book to the short-cut of seeking contact

with spirit entities through voices and/or trance like states.

While UAI neither endorses, promotes, nor denies any individual's

personal experiences, we must assure readers that neither UAI nor The

Urantia Book has any connection with any of this phenomenon, or

so-called channeled material. Each individual will have to evaluate

these issues for him or herself, but UAI as an organization will not

permit channeling activities at UAI sponsored study groups, seminars or

conferences.

UAI has taken great care over the years to insure that The Urantia

Book is not publicly identified with cultic, psychic, or occult groups

and phenomena. Our intention is to let the beauty of The Urantia Book's

teachings be unencumbered by public alliance with either New Age beliefs

or traditional religions.

Your comments and careful consideration of this proposal is welcomed and

encouraged. I would also encourage you all to forward this proposal to

your local members and solicit their opinions.

Respectfully,

David Linthicum

UAUS President

The wording couldn't be better, imo.

Agreed. David has spelled out a very appropriate position for UAI.

I'd be happy for an adaptation of this to be added to the forum rules: Forum Rules. As long-time readers often

point out, it is worthwhile for groups and activities associated with UAI explictly to (re-)state this position.

Nigel

Agreed. David has spelled out a very appropriate position for UAI.

I'd be happy for an adaptation of this to be added to the forum rules: Forum Rules. As long-time readers often

point out, it is worthwhile for groups and activities associated with UAI explictly to (re-)state this position.

Nigel

Just to be clear Nigel,

US prez David is presenting HULA's proposal to the national associations for discussion.

Just to be clear Nigel,

US prez David is presenting HULA's proposal to the national associations for discussion.

Hi Rick, all,

To local associations of the U.S., not national associations :)

Meredith

Hi Rick, all,

To local associations of the U.S., not national associations :)

Meredith

That was my intention, thx