Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Shirley Pelland

Uversa Press Book

How about this need for an apology? We are free to move forward without apologies.

If someone eventually comes to understand they should apologize, allow them.

Hi Nigel

I know I have used the word apology a few times in my post about this subject. I will change that to "an explanation".

It'll be difficult for me to trust the Uversa Press publishers until I know what they are thinking now and what what they were thinking back then.

A year or two ago Mo Siegel posted his thoughts, now I can have peace with him.

No one else has come forward with an explanation as to why they attacked the Foundation and the copyright.

I don't think this is too much to ask.

In brotherhood,

Al

Edited by Alfred

Hi Rick,

One reason the stern admonition from the Revelators is not obvious to some is because they have not read the book. Thanks for the info about the chat room. It helps when we know what others are thinking. I too am caring less and less about what others do with the revelation. I can only watch with a broken heart.

Al

Hi Shirley, All,

The only real complaint I have about the Christinaized text that UBF prints is two-fold:

1. It undercuts Foundation sales and detracts from the original's spread.

2. It automatically associates a western style Jesus (and christian-style governance) with the word Urantia, and it is done on the World Wide Web!!! Also, it violates this stern admonition from the Revelators:

...No revealed religion can spread to all the world when it makes the serious mistake of becoming permeated with some national culture or associated with established racial, social, or economic practices. P.2064 - §1

Why this isn't obvious to all, I couldn't understand. To understand others I have to know their motives, so I went to the chatroom where many UBF members post. I found out that the UBF is the evangelical wing of the urantia community, and proudly so. Many of its members found the UB, and like all readers, bring with them their accumulation of religious traditions and practices, even applying their zeal to the revelation, taking it as Jesus' gift to them and their believing brethren.

This creates a kind of myopia that sees all things Urantian thru a Christian lens. But the more I point this out, the more resistance I seem to find.

I also heard in the UBF chatroom that the Uversa Press version has been corrected, that changes were made during the court battles, and now the orginal text is being restored, but not the pagination. If they would now drop the pictures of a drunken white Jesus, winged angel, and turn over any profits to Urantia Foundation translation funds, I would cheer. But will they ever?

Less and less can I care what others do with the revelation, since it has been almost fruitless trying to persuade anyone to do other than what they believe to be Father's will. I have had to learn to try to focus my energies on creative and progressive endeavors and accept myopia as a temporary condition in siblings, one that we all have to improve upon, eh?

$.02 Rick W

Hi Rick,

One reason the stern admonition from the Revelators is not obvious to some is because they have not read the book. Thanks for the info about the chat room. It helps when we know what others are thinking. I too am caring less and less about what others do with the revelation. I can only watch with a broken heart.

Al

Still don't know how to use this thing. I am feeling better about what is going on in our community. I unfairly judge the worthiness of some members and leaders of the Fellowship. Anyone who puts forth effort to spread the truth contained in the Urantia Papers is most certainly a worth while part of this revelation. Anytime we attempt to drive a wedge into unity we increase the chances for evil to enter. I may not agree with everyone but I know we are all in this together.

Alfred,

every moral person with a soul is part of the Family of God and we love them and not their faults. mercy and justice go hand in hand and in time, the truth of the righteousness , or evil, of a person's actions will be manifest. sometimes all we can do is what we can do. the world is full of those worthy and in need. the "good news" of freely bestowed sonship with God needs to be told and it seems new service opportunities are daily presented to us. there is no lack of work. "The harvest is plenteous and the laborers are few." Be Happy and take joy in service to your fellows. it is a great blessing of living on a planet like this one.

Love,

Bill