Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Shirley Pelland

Uversa Press Book

As a continuation of a recent flurry on the UAI list where just about everyone in the UAI who is not a dual member of the Fellowship is against the Uversa Press book, and because it is so confusing in our study groups, how do we gently lead new truth seekers away from a counterfeit publication? I know how it is to become attached to the book you read. I didn't want to let go of one book I had borrowed even though it was replaced by a brand new one, because I had become attached to it. My father had a friend who did not want anything to do with the UB because he had found a copy of Clyde Bydells (sp) Concordex at a garage sale and it was so full of truth that he didn't want to touch anything that might change his opinion. But seriously folks, the Uversa Press book is a travesty in many ways and we should not have to have it shoved down our throats by the people who publish it. I think this will become even more of an issue as more spin-off groups start publishing their versions of the UB. So how do we best deal with it in our study groups and in our organization?

Shirley Pelland

HULA (Kapuna)

Dear Shirley,

Thank you for bringing this important topic to the UAI forum.

Perhaps those entrenched on either side can use this venue to work out

a wise and appropriate way forward. Who knows what we will discover

when we look closely at, and openly discuss, our opinions.

Nigel

As a continuation of a recent flurry on the UAI list where just about everyone in the UAI who is not a dual member of the Fellowship is against the Uversa Press book, and because it is so confusing in our study groups, how do we gently lead new truth seekers away from a counterfeit publication? I know how it is to become attached to the book you read. I didn't want to let go of one book I had borrowed even though it was replaced by a brand new one, because I had become attached to it. My father had a friend who did not want anything to do with the UB because he had found a copy of Clyde Bydells (sp) Concordex at a garage sale and it was so full of truth that he didn't want to touch anything that might change his opinion. But seriously folks, the Uversa Press book is a travesty in many ways and we should not have to have it shoved down our throats by the people who publish it. I think this will become even more of an issue as more spin-off groups start publishing their versions of the UB. So how do we best deal with it in our study groups and in our organization?

Hi Shirley,

Can we tell UB readers who come to our study group that we read only the UF version at this s.g.?

In friendship,

Meredith

Dear Shirley,

Thank you for bringing this important topic to the UAI forum.

Perhaps those entrenched on either side can use this venue to work out

a wise and appropriate way forward. Who knows what we will discover

when we look closely at, and openly discuss, our opinions.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Yes, it is always good to dialogue with those you disagree with. I think a great way for us all to be friends would be if the Fellowship would apologize for destroying the copyright and stop printing their book. They were not authorized by the Contact Commission to print and protect the book as the Foundation was. It was a huge mistake for them to usurp that responsibility. But mistakes are made and must be dealt with justly, fairly, kindly and mercifully.

Shirley

Hi Shirley,

Can we tell UB readers who come to our study group that we read only the UF version at this s.g.?

In friendship,

Meredith

Hi Meredith, I certainly would think that would be the best but in a recent conversation with a reader in GLAMUA, she said they had someone new come in with a Uversa Press book and it caused confusion and frustration because of the incorrect pagination and they gave him a proper book to read and that he was so attached to his own book that it didn't go well and she wished they could go back and handle it differently. I can understand that. But what would be a good way to gently handle the problem? Maybe give them one side-by-side for reference and perhaps let them take it home and get used to it gradually?

Shirley

Hi Meredith, I certainly would think that would be the best but in a recent conversation with a reader in GLAMUA, she said they had someone new come in with a Uversa Press book and it caused confusion and frustration because of the incorrect pagination and they gave him a proper book to read and that he was so attached to his own book that it didn't go well and she wished they could go back and handle it differently. I can understand that. But what would be a good way to gently handle the problem? Maybe give them one side-by-side for reference and perhaps let them take it home and get used to it gradually?

Shirley

Hi Shirley, all,

We have a reader in our s.g. who uses the other book. No one in our group said anything to him about his use of it, while the rest of us use the UF version. While I have an opinion about his book, I did not indicate my opinion to him. To my knowledge no one in our group has disrespected his book. As a study group, we are of a magnanimous nature in our approach to readers who wish to meet with us to study. I notice the reader who uses the other book has leared how to find the page and paragraph in his book where the rest of us are, and we give him all the time he needs to locate it. It does take a bit of extra time, but then some of us are flipping pages to find the page we need to start on too. He has managed to adjust to our group.

I am of the opinion that an established study group is like any other group of people who meet for a particular purpose. A newcomer to the group must adjust him/herself to the culture of that group. Incoming readers to UB study group will naturally adjust themselves (or not) to what is already established within that group. Adjustment problem lies with the newcomer, if that person uses the other book. The confusion lies with the one who uses a different version of the book. I think it is best for the s.g. to exercise patience in this situation. Let the person who uses the other version figure it out. It certainly should never be a problem to the group as a whole.

Thanks, Shirley, for bringing this discussion to the fore.

All the best,

Meredith

Hi Shirley, all,

We have a reader in our s.g. who uses the other book. No one in our group said anything to him about his use of it, while the rest of us use the UF version. While I have an opinion about his book, I did not indicate my opinion to him. To my knowledge no one in our group has disrespected his book. As a study group, we are of a magnanimous nature in our approach to readers who wish to meet with us to study. I notice the reader who uses the other book has leared how to find the page and paragraph in his book where the rest of us are, and we give him all the time he needs to locate it. It does take a bit of extra time, but then some of us are flipping pages to find the page we need to start on too. He has managed to adjust to our group.

I am of the opinion that an established study group is like any other group of people who meet for a particular purpose. A newcomer to the group must adjust him/herself to the culture of that group. Incoming readers to UB study group will naturally adjust themselves (or not) to what is already established within that group. Adjustment problem lies with the newcomer, if that person uses the other book. The confusion lies with the one who uses a different version of the book. I think it is best for the s.g. to exercise patience in this situation. Let the person who uses the other version figure it out. It certainly should never be a problem to the group as a whole.

Thanks, Shirley, for bringing this discussion to the fore.

All the best,

Meredith

Hi Meredith, I like the idea of letting them adjust themselves. That does seem like a good way to handle the situation. There is so much to learn when life gets complicated by mistakes like another version of the book. Especially when there is such animosity about how and why it happened. It's hard to get over the resentment especially when we get new members in the organization trying to tell us it is a perfectly fine book to have alongside ours. But I don't suppose it's likely that those who perpetrated all this will ever actually be sorry for whatever reasons they did and we will just HAVE to live with it as best we can. They can deal with their disloyalty and I can learn to be more tolerant. Maybe...hehehe, but those old angers still bubble up to the top when it gets put in my face sometimes. I really don't like to see the Fellowship members come on with their anything goes ways like it's what we're going to get whether we have other and better ideas or not. Water must flow to the lowest level. I keep looking to spirit which rises to the highest and should bring like up with it. Must be steam we are realizing.

Thank you for keeping peace and steadfastness in balance.

My best to you,

Shirley

Shirley, I know what you are talking about with getting attached to a certain book. I generally make notes and highlight

or underline important info in my book. Once you start doing this, you don't want to study in a different book.

The worst problem I have seen the Uversa Press Book cause in a study group situation is that readers with that book cannot seem to follow along. The format and page number differences caused a lot of confusing interuptions during attempts at discussion. It was a very divisive, certainly not unifying, experience.

A little thing I do to help is to hide the Uversa press book behind the original book when I visit my local bookstore. I also turn the other book around backwards so the front cover isn't showing. Hopefully new readers will pick up the one in front (and facing forward lol). I know it sounds ornery, but it will lesson confusion later!

Another thought, isn't resulting confusion one good sign that a product is not serving a godly purpose?

Susan Grzeskowiak :)

GLMUA - Indiana USA

How much does money/profit loss come into play if the publishers ceased printing the book? What is the profit used for?How much are power and ego involved? How much influence do they believe they have? How much success have they met with in their opinion? Are there good works being done with the profit?

Do they believe they were wrong in destroying the copyright? How has it improved their work for the revelation? Does it matter to them that they were not authorized by the Contact Commission? Do they believe even now that they are authorized to have done these things? Seriously.

It might be wise to consider all of the benefits the publishers enjoy, and their opinion of their mission to really analyze what they would have to give up if they stopped today. We are speaking of people, and people with indwelling spirits.

I am encouraged by the quote from the UB that says:

P.1981 - §6 Having taken the first step along the path of compromise and least resistance, there was nothing apparent to Peter but to go on with the course of conduct decided upon. It requires a great and noble character, having started out wrong, to turn about and go right. All too often one's own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon.

I am still hopeful that some noble characters will emerge to unify those who love the fifth epochal revelation and everything it stands for. In the eternal scheme of things, I would pay the price of profit, ego, and power to be remembered for that one accomplishment.

Susan Grzeskowiak

GLMUA

P.1981 - §6 Having taken the first step along the path of compromise and least resistance, there was nothing apparent to Peter but to go on with the course of conduct decided upon. It requires a great and noble character, having started out wrong, to turn about and go right. All too often one's own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon.

I am still hopeful that some noble characters will emerge to unify those who love the fifth epochal revelation and everything it stands for. In the eternal scheme of things, I would pay the price of profit, ego, and power to be remembered for that one accomplishment.

Hi Susan, all,

That's a great quote you selected and it pertains to the individual, dosen't it? Often one's own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon. Can the Uversa Press book be traced back to to an idea in the mind of one person? Or were there a few people with the idea they wanted to do a better version of the original version? It took more than one person to accomplish the Uversa Press version. It took some sort of committee. I mention this, because from my side of the line with my limited knowledge, I think the committee will not discontinue the printing and sale of its book. In this case the committee tends to justify continuance in the path of error upon which it has entered. But do Jesus' teachings apply to the committee? It is my understanding that Jesus' teachings pertain to the individual religionist, and while error is individual, it is compounded in committee with like-minded persons. Iin spite of our troubles over this issue, we do know that the teachings of Jesus shall not fail!

What do you mean by: "I am still hopeful that some noble characters will emerge to unify those who love the fifth epochal revelation and everything it stands for"? Tell me what your vision is, if I can be so bold as to ask you.

Thanking you in advance,

Meredith

Shirley, I know what you are talking about with getting attached to a certain book. I generally make notes and highlight

or underline important info in my book. Once you start doing this, you don't want to study in a different book.

The worst problem I have seen the Uversa Press Book cause in a study group situation is that readers with that book cannot seem to follow along. The format and page number differences caused a lot of confusing interuptions during attempts at discussion. It was a very divisive, certainly not unifying, experience.

A little thing I do to help is to hide the Uversa press book behind the original book when I visit my local bookstore. I also turn the other book around backwards so the front cover isn't showing. Hopefully new readers will pick up the one in front (and facing forward lol). I know it sounds ornery, but it will lesson confusion later!

Another thought, isn't resulting confusion one good sign that a product is not serving a godly purpose?

Susan Grzeskowiak :)

GLMUA - Indiana USA

Hi Susan, Thank you for responding. My father once found a 1st Printing at a garage sale. Virtually every word in the book was highlighted or underlined or both. I guess he had to get a new one jus to start over. I tried little variously colored sticky tabs on my big leather book and had so many of them I could hardly turn the pages. The pages are still a little messed up from trying to remove them.

I like your ornery ideas though. Thanks for those. I guess we just have to do what we can with what we're given.

I think there are a lot of signs that the copycat book is a big disservice. But I'll maybe get into that with your next post.

Shirley

HULA (you know da kine)

How much does money/profit loss come into play if the publishers ceased printing the book? What is the profit used for?How much are power and ego involved? How much influence do they believe they have? How much success have they met with in their opinion? Are there good works being done with the profit?

Do they believe they were wrong in destroying the copyright? How has it improved their work for the revelation? Does it matter to them that they were not authorized by the Contact Commission? Do they believe even now that they are authorized to have done these things? Seriously.

It might be wise to consider all of the benefits the publishers enjoy, and their opinion of their mission to really analyze what they would have to give up if they stopped today. We are speaking of people, and people with indwelling spirits.

I am encouraged by the quote from the UB that says:

Susan Grzeskowiak

GLMUA

Hi Again Susan, I originally believed that profit motive was one of the main reasons for the breakup. So many readers wanted to do whatever they wanted to make a mission/business of the Revelation. If not just selling the book, but their secondary works and T-shirts and movies and from what I saw they just all teamed up on the Foundation, who wouldn't allow it. As for their profit motives today. It's hard to say what they would lose and what pet projects, good, bad or ego driven or not, would suffer from the loss. Now with a foothold (or two) in the Foundation it definitely looks like a conflict of interest or a juggling act. Trying to go forward without admitting mistakes must be very ackward.

The quote you posted is a really good one for the situation. I wish I had my computer with folio views up. (I like searching quotes in a format I'm familiar with too.) But there is one that comes to mind about not putting disloyal leaders back to work as leaders. But this being a decimal planet, perhaps, and/or being pretty much left alone to work things out as best we can, sure makes for some unbelievable happenings.

As far as the notion that they might actually believe they were told to destroy the copyright, even to lie and discredit Dr. Sadler and the very Revelation, well....I don't know if they would...do you think? I know many of them think they channel all sorts of divine beings or aunties and uncles.

It does make for a pretty sorry state of affairs when we are expected to answer to the authority of rebels.

It sure would be nice if they (everyone in the group as well) could just fess up, apologize and make amends. I think that could lead to a more lasting friendship then just trying to hide or dismiss the history or pretend it was well-intentiond.

I wonder if the Angels of Progress are enthusiastic about how much more quickly we moved things along then must have been intended. Fifty years is not that much time, but the Revelation is getting out all over the world. I'll bet the Angels of the Churches are shaking their heads.

I think it would have looked better to the world we live on and to those looking down on us if we could have spent more time and energy learning to work together instead of some of us rushing head-long while others dug in for slow growth.

Shirley

HULA Kapuna (elder)

My Friend Susan said:

"I am still hopeful that some noble characters will emerge to unify those who love the fifth epochal revelation and everything it stands for"

The ORIGINAL version of the Urantia Book is the only one whose pages I have seen. That is rather strange that I wasn't even curious to look at the "others". This is the way we should refer to the version we approve-The ORIGINAL. It's about all we have left yet is a powerful tool, nonetheless.

Susan's hope is being realized even as we live and breathe. The latest "Fellowship" addition to Urantia Foundation Board of Trustees is someone I have known, admired and loved for most of my life. Marilyn Kulieke confided to me, at her home, at a presentation of Carolynn Kendall's, (at which I served as a presenter) her sadness over many of the actions of the Fellowship, including the attack on the Foundation Copyright. Her character and sincerity are unassailable.

Moe Siegel, one of the "prime movers" of the Fellowship's early days, has proven to be the most effective president the Foundation has ever had, running slightly ahead of Richard Keeler, himself, a main force in reaching out to effect healing by taking two of the Fellowships biggest leaders onto the Foundation board.

Moe's devotion the the Declaration of Trust and his long-range view of Urantia Foundation's welfare and the foster thereof is unquestioned.

We can not afford the luxury of selfish political correctness. Much of our past travail did, indeed, result from overweaning pride and testosterone imbalance, anger and unreasoned fear, and the immediate impulsive reflex of lashing out, saying hurtful words that bruised egos and led to escalated insanity. Those with much money weren't content to patiently wait out the intransigence of the immature autocrats in power and we all had HELL TO PAY.

Things are so much better now. I am here to remind us all that shortly, we will allbe sitting together in remedial classes, on some Morontia world, possibly reflecting on certain aspects of the deficiencies within our "soul-trust" and nasty "marks of the beast" that we neglected to address down here. It is quite possible those who received the revelation of Michael's gift to Urantia, while still on their nativity sphere, will be segregated (for a while) in special classes.

Whatever you can do, here, to sow seeds of life and understanding, whatever forgiveness and understanding you learn to display here and now will go a long way to helping this planet, the revelation, and finally-your standing on mansonia arrival.

You can be one of those characters Susan hopes for, you can nurture unity.

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for your comments, and I agree that we are dealing with a committee, which compounds the

problem... but the committee is a group of individuals and time is the great leveler.

My vision is for the publishers to agree that laying aside whatever motives that caused them to attack

the copyright, and print their own book, were ultimately divisive and damaging to the entire community.

I would like to see them realize that unity is vital to the effectiveness of furthering the revelation, and

choosing to do whatever they could to champion that cause. Ceasing to print the duplicate book would

be a first step, turning their resources to fund future foundation tranlations would be highly respected.

Ideally, we would then unite and mobilize to prepare for the challenges ahead.

As long as these folks are alive, they have the capability of doing the right thing and we all know how

heaven rejoices over the return of the Prodigal Son.

Let me ask you a question... if my vision came true... do you think UAI loyalists could forgive?

I hate to think we all would have to "pass away" before my vision could be possible.

Hi Bill, Meredith, Shirley & All,

Bill, you're right when you project our future activities as dependant upon what we give of ourselves now.

Every day, whatever we can do. No act is too small and no effort without its resulting and cumulative

effect on the whole of progress. (PS Are we going to be able to get you to sit still in class? :) )

Shirley, you mentioned that we can only work with what we've got, but look at what we've got!

I've been having a blast lately by taking college courses. I'm working in Visual Communications and every

project that I am assigned I am incorporating some truth from The Urantia Book. I'm working on a map

of Jesus' travels with a timeline of events right now. This group is going to get to find out where in the world

Jesus was during those missing years. All of these projects get critiqued during the process,

so between 20-30 people are getting to know about The Urantia Book with each project. You should hear

some of the questions that I get. By the time I finish I will have taken 25 courses and that's a lot of people

of different ages to be able to reach. When I get done with retraining, I will move on, get a job and have

new co-workers to spread the good news to. Life is good.

If we put our own personal spin on revealing the truth in our own everyday activities, we can accomplish

a lot. Planting seeds is easy and rewarding. I'm really proud to be able to share this revelation. How

blessed we are, and no matter what others do, they cannot stop us from doing our own work for the

revelation. I don't want to give too much of my time contemplating the past because I want to focus on

what I can do now to change what I can.

One of the reasons I am enjoying this so much is that I have given up analyzing results, I just leave that

to God to work out the results and make the most of what I am trying to do.

I hope we all have a productive day today (the days worries are enough to keep us busy) and I'm hoping

that Bill will be cooking for all of us when we get to those remedial classes!

God bless ~ much love

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for your comments, and I agree that we are dealing with a committee, which compounds the

problem... but the committee is a group of individuals and time is the great leveler.

My vision is for the publishers to agree that laying aside whatever motives that caused them to attack

the copyright, and print their own book, were ultimately divisive and damaging to the entire community.

I would like to see them realize that unity is vital to the effectiveness of furthering the revelation, and

choosing to do whatever they could to champion that cause. Ceasing to print the duplicate book would

be a first step, turning their resources to fund future foundation tranlations would be highly respected.

Ideally, we would then unite and mobilize to prepare for the challenges ahead.

As long as these folks are alive, they have the capability of doing the right thing and we all know how

heaven rejoices over the return of the Prodigal Son.

Let me ask you a question... if my vision came true... do you think UAI loyalists could forgive?

I hate to think we all would have to "pass away" before my vision could be possible.

Hi Susan,

I agree with your assessment of what it would take to find unity among the readership. I'm hoping that those who have been rebellious will apologize and take what steps they can to help remedy the situation that has been so divisive (like discontinuing their book). But without an apology they are still rebels even if they come back and say they want to work together and even actually do. I for one would be happy to forgive and move forward as a team, but I can't forget if they are not repentant. It shows me that they are still not being sincere and respectful and until then, not to be trusted. Maybe there is something I am missing about the process of forgiveness?

Shirley

Maybe there is something I am missing about the process of forgiveness?

How about this need for an apology? We are free to move forward without apologies.

If someone eventually comes to understand they should apologize, allow them.

As Susan wrote:

One of the reasons I am enjoying this so much is that I have given up analyzing results, I just

leave that to God to work out the results and make the most of what I am trying to do.

A lesson straight from mansonia 1! :)

Nigel

God forgives me before I even think to ask.

We should do no less. We owe it to someone who has done us wrong to go to them and engage them in an examination of their error.

Some of the most strident theives who attacked the Urantia Foundation's Copyright, such as Harry McMullan, are no longer in a position of authority in the Fellowship.

Impatience is a spirit poison and evolutions take time to unfold.

The sad truth is that now, anybody can print an English Urantia Book. And that's really ok. But for real unity to blossom among us early readers and leaders, a mere handful of spirit led and truth taught individuals, for us to come together and work together, full support of Urantia Foundation as the sole printer of the English Urantia Book is an absolute minimum.

With respect

bill martin

Hi Susan, all,

Yes. Forgiveness is always possible, always available to do, seventy times seven and seven:

[Peter] never forgot the lesson about forgiving the wrongdoer, not only seven times but seventy times and seven. He thought much about these impressions of the Master’s forgiving character during those dark and dismal days immediately following his thoughtless and unintended denial of Jesus in the high priest’s courtyard.
(1551)

Again, as you earlier pointed out, we are talking about persons - Thought Adjustered persons - both the UAI loyalists, as well as the members of the committee - whomever they may be (and I do not know who "they" are). The rubber and the road meet on a plane that distinguishes 1) the individual and, 2) the group. I think this is an important distinction. On one hand we have the individuals who perpetrated the Christianized version who, I would imagine, actually rallied together the committee to accomplish the printing and who currently run the publishing business. I believe Mo Seigal had his hand in it with all his marketing and business skills. No one dare tell where the money to print it came from. I await to be disabused of such an opinion. On the subject of forgiveness, we would need to know whom to forgive, since the are wrongdoers are never named. Doesn't forgiveness pertain to the individual? Who are these people who did the dastardly deed? Besides Harry M.

All the best,

Meredith

God forgives me before I even think to ask.

We should do no less. We owe it to someone who has done us wrong to go to them and engage them in an examination of their error.

Some of the most strident theives who attacked the Urantia Foundation's Copyright, such as Harry McMullan, are no longer in a position of authority in the Fellowship.

Impatience is a spirit poison and evolutions take time to unfold.

The sad truth is that now, anybody can print an English Urantia Book. And that's really ok. But for real unity to blossom among us early readers and leaders, a mere handful of spirit led and truth taught individuals, for us to come together and work together, full support of Urantia Foundation as the sole printer of the English Urantia Book is an absolute minimum.

With respect

Hi Bill,

Yes, God does forgive even before we ask and we should do the same but it is still true that one needs to ask.

Which is exactly why Harry McMullen is probably not in a position of authority in the Fellowship and why he and others who paticipated in the destruction of the copyright and sought to destroy the Foundation should not be in a position of authority (or even allowed as members, unless they repent) in any organization we support.

And I totally agreed that "full support of the Urantia Foundation as the sole printer of the English Urantia Book is an absolute minimum".

I'm patient, I can wait. I"m waiting.

Shirley

bill martin

How about this need for an apology? We are free to move forward without apologies.

If someone eventually comes to understand they should apologize, allow them.

As Susan wrote:

A lesson straight from mansonia 1! :)

Nigel

Hi Susan, Hi Nigel,

Why do we need an apology?

Well, because it shows us that they are sorry that they participated in destroying the copyright and seeking to destroy the Foundation and that they had no respect for the DOT. How do we know that we can trust them if they aren't even sorry about it?

I don't have any problems moving forward...it's just who with.

And I don't mind, and would rejoice, if anyone who was party to that particular rebellion would like to change their mind. But we don't know it if they don't tell us.

What can they be forgiven for if they don't seek forgiveness?

Loyalty to God is in his hands. Loyalty to an organization is in ours.

If we allow unrepentant rebels to join our organization why should we be surprised that they want us to accept their counterfeit book?

If they want to put it behind them, then fine. But from what I'm seeing...they don't. We have people from the Fellowship in the UAI telling us that book is just fine with them and should be for us too.

Shirley

Hi Shirley, All,

The only real complaint I have about the Christinaized text that UBF prints is two-fold:

1. It undercuts Foundation sales and detracts from the original's spread.

2. It automatically associates a western style Jesus (and christian-style governance) with the word Urantia, and it is done on the World Wide Web!!! Also, it violates this stern admonition from the Revelators:

...No revealed religion can spread to all the world when it makes the serious mistake of becoming permeated with some national culture or associated with established racial, social, or economic practices. P.2064 - §1

Why this isn't obvious to all, I couldn't understand. To understand others I have to know their motives, so I went to the chatroom where many UBF members post. I found out that the UBF is the evangelical wing of the urantia community, and proudly so. Many of its members found the UB, and like all readers, bring with them their accumulation of religious traditions and practices, even applying their zeal to the revelation, taking it as Jesus' gift to them and their believing brethren.

This creates a kind of myopia that sees all things Urantian thru a Christian lens. But the more I point this out, the more resistance I seem to find.

I also heard in the UBF chatroom that the Uversa Press version has been corrected, that changes were made during the court battles, and now the orginal text is being restored, but not the pagination. If they would now drop the pictures of a drunken white Jesus, winged angel, and turn over any profits to Urantia Foundation translation funds, I would cheer. But will they ever?

Less and less can I care what others do with the revelation, since it has been almost fruitless trying to persuade anyone to do other than what they believe to be Father's will. I have had to learn to try to focus my energies on creative and progressive endeavors and accept myopia as a temporary condition in siblings, one that we all have to improve upon, eh?

$.02 Rick W

Hard earned experiential wisdom is the very best kind Brother Rick. It seems to me that we (UAI) have been spending way too much energy obsessing on the behavior of others and not "being about our Father's business."

Though God judges the intent of the soul, I would have to think inflexibility and unwillingness to examine and discuss ones actions would amount to a kind sin, that species of self-righteous assertion that "I have found the TRUTH" that we all must guard against. Righteous zeal may fire an emotional conflagration and lead to a "bonfire of the vanities" and a comfortable self-assurance that "all is right with the world" when, in truth, the only good is in the realm of intent.

Humility with a large dose of uncertainty (albeit with the security of the promise of eternal life) is a good place to begin when sharing the love of God and from my exposure to the evangelistic core of the Fellowship I have witnessed much heat and small illumination, at times. The ones that really seem to "get it" have come to support UF.

We can't turn back the hands of time and what has happened is past and we go forward boldly proclaiming the simple truths the Carpenter taught us, staying within the capacity of receptivity of our fellows. The harvest is plenteous and the workers are few. Never miss an opportunity to turn any simple transaction toward the light.

At thr pharmacy yesterday, as i was paying for my Mom's medicine, and signing the HIPPA release on the credit card screen, the Cute little Pharmacist (I used to coach her in Optimist Soccer when she was five, though she probably doesn't recall-I've changed so much) asked me "if I had any questions." Being who I am I asked, "well, how about the "meaning of life itself?" Her smiling reply was, "I'm not too sure about that one." I rejoined, " I'm not certain either, but I suspect it has something to do with Goodness, and probably Truth and Beauty, too." The brightness in her eyes as i left was answer enough for me.

Anyway,

Life is Good

(despite all the difficult lessons)

Hard earned experiential wisdom is the very best kind Brother Rick. It seems to me that we (UAI) have been spending way too much energy obsessing on the behavior of others and not "being about our Father's business."

Though God judges the intent of the soul, I would have to think inflexibility and unwillingness to examine and discuss ones actions would amount to a kind sin, that species of self-righteous assertion that "I have found the TRUTH" that we all must guard against. Righteous zeal may fire an emotional conflagration and lead to a "bonfire of the vanities" and a comfortable self-assurance that "all is right with the world" when, in truth, the only good is in the realm of intent.

Humility with a large dose of uncertainty (albeit with the security of the promise of eternal life) is a good place to begin when sharing the love of God and from my exposure to the evangelistic core of the Fellowship I have witnessed much heat and small illumination, at times. The ones that really seem to "get it" have come to support UF.

We can't turn back the hands of time and what has happened is past and we go forward boldly proclaiming the simple truths the Carpenter taught us, staying within the capacity of receptivity of our fellows. The harvest is plenteous and the workers are few. Never miss an opportunity to turn any simple transaction toward the light.

At thr pharmacy yesterday, as i was paying for my Mom's medicine, and signing the HIPPA release on the credit card screen, the Cute little Pharmacist (I used to coach her in Optimist Soccer when she was five, though she probably doesn't recall-I've changed so much) asked me "if I had any questions." Being who I am I asked, "well, how about the "meaning of life itself?" Her smiling reply was, "I'm not too sure about that one." I rejoined, " I'm not certain either, but I suspect it has something to do with Goodness, and probably Truth and Beauty, too." The brightness in her eyes as i left was answer enough for me.

Anyway,

Life is Good

(despite all the difficult lessons)

Hi Rick, Hi Bill,

We are indeed learning to be wise when we look through the "bonfire of vanities" and discern "motives".

I love it when I see use made of an opportunity to bring the light of truth to another. Nice Bill.

While we can't change the past or deliberately re-direct anyone's motives we can strive to be right with God and if so we should be able to have truth at hand and present it in an inviting way. (I think that loving others as the Father does is one of the key factors in the process)

Perhaps those trappings which we wear like coats of comfort will be discarded as we find, more and more that truth is not something we need to fear.

Life is Great

(if we learn from the difficult lessons)