Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Federico Folchi

Hi!! I'm Federico

Hi! I?m new in this forum and would like to introduce myself.

I?m 42 years old, married with two beautiful girls of 10 and 6. I?ve worked in the commercial department of several companies.

I?m reading the Urantia Book since December 2005. I love to study the book which I think is endless.

I would love to study the book in this forum.

Hugs and regards

Fede

By the way, I live in Argentina and I will love to practice my english.

Hugs

Fede

Dear Fede,

Welcome to the Forum. The Forum in English is not very active, but with your enthusiasm, maybe more people will take an interest. Do you know other readers in your area?

All the best,

Meredith Van Woert

USA

Hello everybody!!

Hi Federico and Meredith!!

I'm Kenneth

I'm originally from San Jose, Costa Rica but since some years ago I've been living in Wisconsin (USA) I'm 25 years old.

I've been reading the UB for more than a year... I found it in a very important moment of my life! I had a lot of questions, but reading the UB and with the help of our Father I have been answering them... and I just realized that there are a lot of things out there that we just can't imagine and our life is just the beginning!!!!

I'm also a member of the Urantia Book forum in Spanish (very similar like this)

This is what I heard, Meredith, that the forum is not very active, but don't worry, I know we'll have more members and this forum will become a big school where we all will learn and grow up!!! :D

I don't know any UB readers in my area that's way a like to participate in the forums, because I can be in contact with readers from all around the world... and I'm glad to be here!!!

Thank you all for receiving me!!! :D

I wish the Father be always with you!!!!!!

Thank you all

Welcome Federico, Kenneth and all reader Siblings to UAI's new open Forum!

Isn't it beautiful, not only living in Father's love and under the light of revelation, but also having each other for study and service, even on this injured and needy world. There is little else to do but study, grow and serve once the Urantia Book's celestial teachings are embraced. The 'benign virus' will eventually infect everyone, thank God.

The Forum is designed to accommodate fraternal contact and support the real need of believers in this revelation to discuss, discern and implement its supernal teachings. Thanks to all who come here with sincere heart and the desire understand and spread these good teachings. Urantia needs them like humans need water.

Welcome indeed to one of the gathering places on the internet for reader/believers of the greatest book ever written. Enjoy study, nourish contact and friendship, or discover a worthy outlet and suitable teammates for that ever accumulating service energy. And if you are interested in Study Group formation, click HERE, if you want info on UAI projects, there is a list on UAI's Project Page. Please feel free to contact any of the Associations or officers: UAI Contact Page.

Much love, Rick Warren

Chair, UAI Dissemination Committee

Hello everybody!!

That's right Fede, we all gonna put a lot of energy in this forum!!!! I can see more people joining us already !! I know it would be a very slow process but with a little patience and HIS HELP we are gonna get it!! :D

I feel if we were in the re-opening of this forum!!!! :D

You will see a lots of good things happening!!!!!!!!

Thank you Rick for your welcome, good wishes and we'll be in touch!!!

Kenneth

Thank you all

Hi Fede and Kenneth,

WELCOME!

It is refreshing to hear new voices here. Fede's suggestion of adding "The Life and Teachings of Jesus" sub-forum was considered by the moderators and approved it. Thank you.

Mario

Hi Mario!

It's nice to meet you!!

Thank you for your welcome!! I hope we all can work together, side by side, to get the revelation to more and more people! and this forum become what we want it to be! a great place where we all can study and learn from each other!!! :D

Thank you Mario!

Hello, I call myself Pa'demnims. It is an abstract from my daughters name meaning Pa (padre) de (of) Mnimginmy. My real name is George but I decided to use a little imagination here. I have been in a forum from South America where I have been interchanging thoughts with some interesting folks. Over the year I have grown fond of them and find them to be greatly knowledgable in the use of the Urantia Book. Far more than I for sure. It is they who recomended this forum to me and I feel good about our two ships coming together for some interesting interchanges that Im sure will be educational for us all. Thanks for letting me join in this forum. Pa'demnims

Welcome Pa'demnims!

George, I'm so glad to see you here in this forum! I like very much your nick!!! I know your participation here is going to be as important as it is in the forum-in-Spanish! :D

One more time welcome George and we'll be in touch!

There are a few forums (3 at this time) that are private and open only to members of Urantia Association International. If you registered recently and are a member of UAI please let the administrators know. Send email with your display name to:

forum_admin@urantia-uai.org

Gracias,

Mario

Hello, I call myself Pa'demnims. It is an abstract from my daughters name meaning Pa (padre) de (of) Mnimginmy. My real name is George but I decided to use a little imagination here. I have been in a forum from South America where I have been interchanging thoughts with some interesting folks. Over the year I have grown fond of them and find them to be greatly knowledgable in the use of the Urantia Book. Far more than I for sure. It is they who recomended this forum to me and I feel good about our two ships coming together for some interesting interchanges that Im sure will be educational for us all. Thanks for letting me join in this forum. Pa'demnims

Hola Pa'demnims, I like your imagination with the choosing of your nick :D

Do I understand correct that your daughter's name is Mnimginmy ? If this is so, then you have been using your imagination for a long time :D :D I believe that it has a meaning in some Eastern language, would you tell us which is ?

I'm really happy to read you here dear George, now we will finally be able to understand what you write :D

BWAHAHAHA!! :D

Just kidding dear bro, you have been a real asset to the Spanish Forum since you are participating in it. And your Spanish has been improving a lot. Besides you have shared with us very important insights that have been real "food for thoughts " I wish that you will participate here with the same enthusiasm than there, and so many souls will get more rich !!

Thank you Pa'demins, Welcome !!

Carlos R

:D

Hi, my name is Rodrigo, I'm from Santa Fe a small town of Argentina, and I use to participate in the Spanish forums.

I'm 21 years old, and I've been reading the book for many years, but I still have many questi?n and doubts to resolve and and to ask.

I'm very insterested in participating here, and knows the diferents points of view and opini?ns that you have, I'm sure that it would be a pleasure.

Before I left, how can I put an emoticon in the text. ?

PD: My english is very poor, so excuse me if i make any mistake in my writting. :D

Hello,

I just want to say hello to newcomers! It looks to me like quite a few people are reading the messages on this forum, but not so many are writing. But don't loose heart. Coming to this place to have a conversation is like taking a walk. You never know if you are going to see or hear something interesting, unless you go out. But first one has to open the door.

Have a lovely day,

Meredith

Hi Meredith,

Glad to have you joining in the conversation. It's not long ago that Federico started this topic and more of our Spanish-speaking friends from the Spanish forum have joined us-- they have given this English forum new life. They have come here with energy and passion. For some reason, the English-speaking readers are more reserved.

What is happening here in this forum is of course not as important as what's going on in the world at large, the big events: regional wars, people starving, all the suffering... the problems facing the human race and the efforts of our invisible friends in trying to help in this or that part of the world. We are bombarded daily with world and local news but these are only the tip of the iceberg. What is really going on behind the scenes?

It would be interesting to hear what sort of "news" is being broadcast in the networks run by the invisible folks assigned to our dear Urantia, these dear friends who have been around long before we humans showed up, and who will still be around long after we have departed from this planet. What are these folks talking about? What are they thinking?

Mario

Hello Mario, Meredith, querido Carlos R , and others readers.

Some times I ask to myself, the same things that you, abouth what is going on in "the other side" ( "ours invisibles friends ), what they thinks abouth us and our world, the situation that we are living today doesn?t seems to be the better, but besides all the ugly things that happens daily, I always says that this world is not as bad as many people thinks.

I have a friend who always tell me, that the human race wil never change because the human history is always the same, he says that you will see the same kind of things (bad ones) repeating themselves.

I can't understand how a person could think that , "nothigs is going to change" , is true that there are a lot of problem but is also true that there are many peoples helping each other, and in a "way" that we can not perceive, our invisibles friends are also helping us.

That is my opinion :D .

Hugs

Hi Rodri, I thjink it depends also to whom you ask at the other side.

I'm pretty sure a Midwayer has a different point of view from a personality from an absonite world, or from Paradise.

Youcan see that certain epochs always repet themselves through the evolution of a planet. So I tihink that is is ptretty normal to be with all this problems, at least in satania (and even in other non-quaratined world). It depends on how "far" they live I suppose. For some personalities this world ios not even real, though they know it exists. Something kinda similar :S to what we feel about the spiritual world (and that makes us agondonters).

Well, that's my answer, I think it depends on the personality. But, certainly Urantia's history is quite special, the shrine of all nebadon, and perhaps, in my conclusions, the physicall planet in which the creator son, micael will "live" forever in eternity (according to a finite reality, of course).

Hello Jorge and All,

I ask myself: do I ever wonder what our invisible friends think of us, or what is "going on" on the other side? No, not really. I do wonder if invisible influences effect decisions world leaders are making today. The world is a mess. Life is becoming more and more complicated in developing area of the world. Maybe the complicated mess we are in is just a stage in our progess. But I feel it. And I see it on TV - the pictures of wars, the deprivations of people. It is very painful to me. Are we going backward on this world? I believe on this world the teachings of Jesus will not fail. In the meantime, it's very hard here and getting harder for many people.

There is much suffering . . . .

Meredith

Hola...oops. Hi. Several days have passed I know. I entered once and then encountered problems where each time I entered and tried to comment I got bounced back out. Im sure it was the Internet Cafe and the computers there. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. I see that a few of interesting commentators from the Spanish speaking forum have entered and are well on their way into what is definetly very dedicated work towards the ascention. In fact they have ascended quite well and I enjoy reading what they have to share.

By the way Carlos R. Mnimginmy was the first vocal sounds my daughter made. Me, in my imagination, sensed more than just a insensible comunication and heard (in my heart) it as if she was telling me her name. So I went with it. So did my wife and so did she. I take it to be from some orient place alright... oriented right out of space, a being so important, a child of God. As are all of us. And you are correct, I have culled my imagination to some extent and in that I find that the faith I have helps where without it I am sure I would not be able to look for and understand the works of God. She was born in Oaxaca, Oaxaca. Her mother is Zapoteca and a whole 'nother story altogether.

I have re-read some of my comments in Spanish and yes, I can see that I need a lot of work in that area. Sorry. I will try to improve and hopefully I will learn enough orthography to punctuate correctly and therefor be more clear and readable. And thanks Carlos for helping. I take that sort of criticizm as constructive so please, do not get offended if I get offended when you tell me you dont understand a thing and that I should... it's ok.

About the "friends" on the other side... there are lot of them. So many of them I wonder if not perhaps we are constantly bombarded with their energy and some of that is getting through our thick skulls and into our interior space where our filters are so oriented to material realities that we find it hard to... "feel" their presence. I think so. And I also think they are trying their utter hardest to get through to us. But as we are habituated to our equilibrium we dont like to have our snug and comfortable concepts creeped into. I mean... how many of us are willing to turn our sights inward and on pure faith go forth in here, swim out onto this deep dark ocean of interior life? Isnt it easier to watch tv and go to work and participate in the fast heading south lower dimension called earth life? And yes I consider earth to be of another dimension than that of Urantia which is only reachable and liveable to the ascention pilgrims and cohorts of Nebadon. I know what the book has written where it calls our planet... But that was years ago and things are a little changed and if Urantia is to survive or be of palatable usage to those who in earnest are seeking by way of the experience faith has to offer where those of lower not interested or other dimensions do not understand this I do and unfortunatly since I like being crazy theres not too much anyone can do. I am quite able to live with it. I see what you see on earth as a fast roller coaster to constant upheavel and as an observer I too see that for all the want and desire I may have for the well being of those on that planet, they too enjoy that form of equilibrium and will not let go short of total outright fighting over it. And in there somewhere somehow is God embroiled as always in all that and Im sure His plan for that dimension is far beyond my ability to see the purpose other than out of all that contention and strife wonderful humans evolve to be the diamonds amongst a lot of carbon.

Of course there comes a time to return from ones imagination and with feet firm on the ground face reality as it is. Thanks all for the help in coming to this forum. If I want to go back into my dream space I see this as a coming together of two great ships in space and a chance for us to head upward to a goal of learning and enlightenment.