Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Meredith Van Woert

Re: Reincarnation and channeling

Re: adjusted adjustments..., Yesterday, 10:49 PM

With regard to the editing of your post, I agree that both reincarnation and channeling are topics of interest to us all, and that both might benefit from a fresh examination in the light of the insight accumulated by some of our forum members. So, to get the ball rolling again, below is the way I would have phrased your post. This keeps open the opportunity for members to comment on both reincarnation and channeling, while avoiding inappropriate implications about the fifth epochal revelation. If you are happy with the adjustments below, I will replace your original post with this version, and we can get back to business.

PS: Regarding reincarnation, here is something I wonder about: Imagine you are a "second psychic circler", impinging on the brink of direct Adjuster contact. Now imagine that your's is an experienced adjuster, say with 10 previous incarnations, either failed or of the non-fusion type. Depending on how much (if any?) of our Adjuster's pre-incarnation experience is visible across our mutual morontia interface, if we had no idea about the presence and nature of our Adjuster, would we not assume any such pre-incarnation experience to be our "past lives"? Of course, as Urantia Book readers, we will recognize it to be our Adjuster's "past lives". What an interesting recipe we are

Below is my suggested version. I hope I have not been out of line in this little collaboration.

Nigel

I think you are opening up a can of worms, Nigel. Discussions of channeling are outside the purpose of this forum. I am sorry you want to open this up. The forum is about the UB, not UFOlogy, channeling or people's wierd experiences, such as the strong belief they have had past lives. As you point out, there are plenty of websites where people can go to talk about and read about these things.

So I have a disagreement with you about this.

With all due respect,

Meredith

menno seems to have an agenda, and I don't hold out much hope Nigel.

But, I say give it your very best try, at least we'll know what to do when all's said. (And nobody can craft a letter like you!) Here's prayers for success in winning him over to the Adjuster explanation, and then keeping the agenda at bay in perpetuity... Amen

1cent, rw

menno seems to have an agenda, and I don't hold out much hope Nigel.

But, I say give it your very best try, at least we'll know what to do when all's said. (And nobody can craft a letter like you!) Here's prayers for success in winning him over to the Adjuster explanation, and then keeping the agenda at bay in perpetuity... Amen

1cent, rw

I'm not available for comment for the rest of the day, as I'm going to a birthday celebration with a fellowhood of readers in the San Diego area.

All the best,

Meredith

While the spirit techniques of mercy ministry are beyond your concept, you should even now understand that mercy is a quality of growth. You should realize that there is a great reward of personal satisfaction in being first just, next fair, then patient, then kind. And then, on that foundation, if you choose and have it in your heart, you can take the next step and really show mercy; but you cannot exhibit mercy in and of itself. These steps must be traversed; otherwise there can be no genuine mercy. There may be patronage, condescension, or charity--even pity--but not mercy. True mercy comes only as the beautiful climax to these preceding adjuncts to group understanding, mutual appreciation, fraternal fellowship, spiritual communion, and divine harmony. 315-1

Nigel, I applaud your "effort to bring 'lost sheep" into the fold". The record will show you exhibited true mercy and brotherly love... before you had to do the UNIVERSAL CENSOR "thing" and make these people " as if they had never been."

It will be clear to all who "lurk" what is going on here, what will be encouraged, and what will NOT be tolerated. An object lesson. Evenhanded fairness and uniformity are difficult to challenge.

Bill

Dear Meredith, Rick and Bill,

Menno and I have been in conversation this past week. He seems to have a deep need for others to validate his beliefs in channeling.

However, he seems to understand that we will not tolerate such stuff here, so he is being... well behaved.

Please keep a close eye on whatever he posts.

Nigel

Roger,Wilco.