Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers

Hi Martin,

As they say on page 9, "The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit;

neither is it the soul." [p.9:1]. For me the idea of soul now conjures up the concept of a more

robust vehicle for our personality and identity. At the end of page 1232, the author points out

that once this morontia vehicle is ready, we can shift our driving seat, and actually begin our

"morontia career" in the middle of a very normal human life (see below).

My favorite introduction to "morontia" is on page 189:

For me, this implies the Seven Master Spirits actually invented "morontia" as a technique

for enabling one of our necessary early transitions. Here is one of the three paragraphs

about shifting the location from which we drive:

Some of these ideas are partially echoed in existing 'frames-for-thought", but I find

their clarification and integration in the Urantia papers to be refreshing, and timely.

Nigel

Hi, Nigel

Wonderful clarification...thank-you, much!

Martin

Bill,

(The perception of reality differs. Sight and sound are artifacts of our brain which processes these neural signals. How much differently we all perceive identical stimuli. How differently must a morontia ascender process these same inputs with a score or more additional senses. What was a flat screen becomes a hologram, what loveliness is a rose in bloom, more lovely as a moire pattern of living flowing energies and lights? Still a rose, and lovelier! Does the enhanced perception of the rose change its nature. Does it make the rose more real?)

P.S. I think the development of capacity signalizes advent of superimposition of higher levels of repletion.

I had to think about this and let it percolate for a while. I think you're on to something here. So, completion never really occurs because the act of completing something automatically results in the creation of new capacity for further repletion. By using the word "replete" they are suggesting that we get "filled up" only to realize that the "filling up" has created more space to be filled. When there is no bottom or top to the vessel, the idea of filling it up is kind of ludicrous I guess.

Good stuff

What do you suppose this means: ". . . the metamorphic range of nonpersonal reality is definitely limited,. . . ."?

The quantity of stuff pouring out of and back into the Isle of Paradaise may be unlimited. But are they saying the kinds of this non-personal stuff are limited?

Meredith

That one caught my eye too Meredith,

Isn't the author saying material reality has its limits but not personality reality? Here's the whole paragraph again:

P.8 - §2 Reality is subject to universal expansion, personality to infinite diversification, and both are capable of well-nigh unlimited Deity co-ordination and eternal stabilization. While the metamorphic range of nonpersonal reality is definitely limited, we know of no limitations to the progressive evolution of personality realities.

Metamorpic range means the range of change, yes?

Rick

Thanks Martin for that insightful question,

Which precipitated Nigel's great response. Please give your Granny a hug from the OPAD study group, Nigel.

Welcome to all just now joining the OPAD SG. If you are interested, studying page 2 of the Foreword sprouted two other threads, one titled: Personality. Click here. Included are personality graphics! Yes, you read that right, personality graphics. Ck it out.

Take this link to the other branch topic discussion of Perfected Creator Sons. Absonite functions? Existential-experiential? spawned by concepts presented on page 3.

Tomorrow ~ Page 9

Much love, Rick

QUOTE (Bill Martin @ Jul 30 2009, 10:41 PM)

(The perception of reality differs. Sight and sound are artifacts of our brain which processes these neural signals. How much differently we all perceive identical stimuli. How differently must a morontia ascender process these same inputs with a score or more additional senses. What was a flat screen becomes a hologram, what loveliness is a rose in bloom, more lovely as a moire pattern of living flowing energies and lights? Still a rose, and lovelier! Does the enhanced perception of the rose change its nature. Does it make the rose more real?)

P.S. I think the development of capacity signalizes advent of superimposition of higher levels of repletion.

Bill,

I had to think about this and let it percolate for a while. I think you're on to something here. So, completion never really occurs because the act of completing something automatically results in the creation of new capacity for further repletion. By using the word "replete" they are suggesting that we get "filled up" only to realize that the "filling up" has created more space to be filled. When there is no bottom or top to the vessel, the idea of filling it up is kind of ludicrous I guess.

Good stuff

Agreed!

That one caught my eye too Meredith

Isn't the author saying material reality has its limits but not personality reality? Here's the whole paragraph again:

Metamorpic range means the range of change, yes?

METAMORPHIC from http://wordie.org/words/metamorphic

(adj): of or relating to metamorphosis (especially of rocks)

(adj): vs. nonmetamorphic) -- (characterized by metamorphosis or change in physical form or substance

(adj): characterized by incomplete metamorphosis; having the same number of body segments in successive stages

(adj): (of an insect with aquatic young) undergoing incomplete metamorphosis in which the young does not resemble the adult

(adj): (of an insect) undergoing incomplete metamorphosis in which the nymph is essentially like the adult and there is no pupal stage

(adj): (of an insect) undergoing complete metamorphosis

(adj): produced by metamorphosis

(adj): changed in constitution or structure or composition by metamorphism

EXAMPLES OF USAGE from http://www.wordnik.com/words/metamorphic

The clay slate is metamorphic, being almost entirely composed of mica.

In its more limited sense, the term metamorphic is confined to those changes of the rock which are produced, not by the effect of the atmosphere or of water on the exposed surfaces, but which are produced, directly or indirectly, by agencies seated in the interior of the earth. —

Statuary marble, and most of the celebrated foreign marbles, are "metamorphic" rocks, of a highly crystalline nature, and having all traces of their primitive organic structure obliterated.

Edited by Bonita

Thanks Bonita,

Evidently anything might metamorphose. But metamorphosis means change, in the classic sense, as in tadpole to frog, larvae to butterfly. The Revelators here speak of the maximum possible range of change in nonpersonal reality, as opposed to personal. Aren't they saying in essence: Potential personal realities are without apparent limit?

Rick

Edited by Rick Warren

Hi Rick,

You said:

Aren't they saying in essence: Potential personal realities are without apparent limit?

Yes, but I would like to qualify that statement. Personality itself is changeless, but the relationship between God and the personality is always changing. If the change ceases, the relationship ceases. (And possibly vice versa?)

0:5.11 Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

p1226:3 112:0.15 The Adjuster and the personality are changeless; the relationship between them (in the soul) is nothing but change, continuing evolution; and if this change (growth) ceased, the soul would cease.

Personal reality and personality go hand in hand. It sort of fits into the discussion on repletion.

12:9.1 Spirit is the basic personal reality in the universes, and personality is basic to all progressing experience with spiritual reality. Every phase of personality experience on every successive level of universe progression swarms with clues to the discovery of alluring personal realities. Man's true destiny consists in the creation of new and spirit goals and then in responding to the cosmic allurements of such supernal goals of nonmaterial value.

But it all comes down to the relationship between the Creator and the creature.

12:9.6 Mortal man has a spirit nucleus. The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. Such a living relationship of personal mind and spirit constitutes the universe potential of eternal personality. Real trouble, lasting disappointment, serious defeat, or inescapable death can come only after self-concepts presume fully to displace the governing power of the central spirit nucleus, thereby disrupting the cosmic scheme of personality identity.

Hi Rick,

You said:

Yes, but I would like to qualify that statement. Personality itself is changeless, but the relationship between God and the personality is always changing. If the change ceases, the relationship ceases. (And possibly vice versa?)

Personal reality and personality go hand in hand. It sort of fits into the discussion on repletion.

But it all comes down to the relationship between the Creator and the creature.

Appreciate those qualifications and quotes Bonita. The Universe is so very personal in its relations, brings a warmth to the soul.

Rick

Welcome to UAI Forum's One-Page-A-Day Online Study Group.

~ Today's presentation is from:

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 9.

VI. ENERGY AND PATTERN

P.9 - §3 Any and all things responding to the personality circuit of the Father, we call personal. Any and all things responding to the spirit circuit of the Son, we call spirit. Any and all that responds to the mind circuit of the Conjoint Actor, we call mind, mind as an attribute of the Infinite Spirit--mind in all its phases. Any and all that responds to the material-gravity circuit centering in nether Paradise, we call matter--energy-matter in all its metamorphic states.

P.9 - §4 ENERGY we use as an all-inclusive term applied to spiritual, mindal, and material realms. Force is also thus broadly used. Power is ordinarily limited to the designation of the electronic level of material or linear-gravity-responsive matter in the grand universe. Power is also employed to designate sovereignty. We cannot follow your generally accepted definitions of force, energy, and power. There is such paucity of language that we must assign multiple meanings to these terms.

P.9 - §5 Physical energy is a term denoting all phases and forms of phenomenal motion, action, and potential.

P.9 - §6 In discussing physical-energy manifestations, we generally use the terms cosmic force, emergent energy, and universe power. These are often employed as follows:

1. Cosmic force embraces all energies deriving from the Unqualified Absolute but which are as yet unresponsive to Paradise gravity.

2. Emergent energy embraces those energies which are responsive to Paradise gravity but are as yet unresponsive to local or linear gravity. This is the pre-electronic level of energy-matter.

3. Universe power includes all forms of energy which, while still responding to Paradise gravity, are directly responsive to linear gravity. This is the electronic level of energy-matter and all subsequent evolutions thereof.

P.9 - §10 Mind is a phenomenon connoting the presence-activity of living ministry in addition to varied energy systems; and this is true on all levels of intelligence. In personality, mind ever intervenes between spirit and matter; therefore is the universe illuminated by three kinds of light: material light, intellectual insight, and spirit luminosity.

P.10 - §1 Light--spirit luminosity--is a word symbol, a figure of speech, which connotes the personality manifestation characteristic of spirit beings of diverse orders. This luminous emanation is in no respect related either to intellectual insight or to physical-light manifestations.

P.10 - §2 PATTERN can be projected as material, spiritual, or mindal, or any combination of these energies. It can pervade personalities, identities, entities, or nonliving matter. But pattern is pattern and remains pattern; only copies are multiplied.

P.10 - §3 Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential pattern. Pattern is a configuration of reality which has already paid all gravity debt; the reality of any pattern consists of its energies, its mind, spirit, or material components.

P.10 - §4 In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein. That quality of energy or of personality by virtue of which pattern is caused to appear may be attributed to God--Deity--to Paradise force endowment, to the coexistence of personality and power.

P.10 - §5 Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns; the Eternal Son is the pattern personality; the Universal Father is the direct ancestor-source of both. But Paradise does not bestow pattern, and the Son cannot bestow personality.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of The Urantia Book published by Urantia Foundation. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

Edited by Rick Warren

I am still pondering an earlier question about the metamorphic range of nonpersonal reality from this paragraph:

P.8 - §2 Reality is subject to universal expansion, personality to infinite diversification, and both are capable of well-nigh unlimited Deity co-ordination and eternal stabilization.
While the metamorphic range of nonpersonal reality is definitely limited
, we know of no limitations to the progressive evolution of personality realities.

These statements from today's page are somewhat helpful:

P.9 - §6 In discussing physical-energy manifestations, we generally use the terms cosmic force, emergent energy, and universe power. These are often employed as follows:

Cosmic force
embraces all energies deriving from the Unqualified Absolute but which are as yet unresponsive to Paradise gravity.

Emergent energy
embraces those energies which are responsive to Paradise gravity but are as yet unresponsive to local or linear gravity. This is the pre-electronic level of energy-matter.

Universe power
includes all forms of energy which, while still responding to Paradise gravity, are directly responsive to linear gravity. This is the electronic level of energy-matter and all subsequent evolutions thereof.

The Unqualified Absolute is the reservoir of all energies yet to be (I think). And those energies are not yet reponsive to Paradise gravity. I had forgotten about the Unqualified Absolute. The rest of the stuff is responsive to Paradise gravity, and is pouring out of the underside of Paradise to all of creation and returning to it.

The way I read it, all of the physical-energy manifestations have a limited metamorphic range. If this is correct, I have to say I am a bit surprised about it.

Thanks,

Meredith

P.1148 - §8 The Second Triunity--the power-pattern triunity. Whether it be a tiny ultimaton, a blazing star, or a whirling nebula, even the central or superuniverses, from the smallest to the largest material organizations, always is the physical pattern--the cosmic configuration--derived from the function of this triunity. This association consists of:

P.1148 - §9 1. The Father-Son.

P.1148 - §10 2. The Paradise Isle.

P.1148 - §11 3. The Conjoint Actor.

P.1148 - §8 The Second Triunity--the power-pattern triunity. Whether it be a tiny ultimaton, a blazing star, or a whirling nebula, even the central or superuniverses, from the smallest to the largest material organizations, always is the physical pattern--the cosmic configuration--derived from the function of this triunity. This association consists of:

P.1148 - §9 1. The Father-Son.

P.1148 - §10 2. The Paradise Isle.

P.1148 - §11 3. The Conjoint Actor.

Thanks for the input Meredith, Bill.

Comments ~ Page 9

Some of the reasons for my believing this revelation appear on page 9. Never has terrestrial science been able formulate such clear-headed, concise and potent statements about the vast range of energy appearance and the limitlessness of pattern copying.

The divisions of meanings which the author of the Foreword ("...an Orvonton Divine Counselor, Chief of the Corps of Superuniverse Personalities assigned to portray on Urantia the truth concerning the Paradise Deities and the universe of universes") assigns to the words energy and pattern are far, far beyond evolved science. They point to cosmic levels of understanding and Universal Principles on which physical, intellectual and spiritual reality is founded. Science and religion have much to discover, eh!

Comments welcome.

Mañana ~ Page 10.

Lotsa love, Rick

Edited by Rick Warren

Comments ~ Page 9

Some of the reasons for my believing this revelation appear on page 9. Never has terrestrial science been able formulate such clear-headed, concise and potent statements about the vast range of energy appearance and the limitlessness of pattern copying.

The divisions of meanings which the author of the Foreword ("...an Orvonton Divine Counselor, Chief of the Corps of Superuniverse Personalities assigned to portray on Urantia the truth concerning the Paradise Deities and the universe of universes") assigns to the words energy and pattern are far, far beyond evolved science. They point to cosmic levels of understanding and Universal Principles on which physical, intellectual and spiritual reality is founded. Science and religion have much to discover, eh!

Comments welcome.

Mañana ~ Page 10.

Lotsa love, Rick

You are so right about "Pattern." Searching far and wide, you will find no better explanation, anywhere. In fact, I was blown away by the explanation because no one--in my experience--ever attempted to approached a definition of Pattern. Like many of us, I searched for patterns, copied them, noticed them and used them without ever considering that pattern could be defined! I suppose that is one of the problems that result from "science without idealism" (Paper 195, Pg. 2086, last Paragraph). As our science has no Ideal, it has no way of explaining that God set the ultimate pattern and definition of same, when he made us. Hugs. Patti

You are so right about "Pattern." Searching far and wide, you will find no better explanation, anywhere. In fact, I was blown away by the explanation because no one--in my experience--ever attempted to approached a definition of Pattern. Like many of us, I searched for patterns, copied them, noticed them and used them without ever considering that pattern could be defined! I suppose that is one of the problems that result from "science without idealism" (Paper 195, Pg. 2086, last Paragraph). As our science has no Ideal, it has no way of explaining that God set the ultimate pattern and definition of same, when he made us. Hugs. Patti

Well said Patti. Urantia needs better ideals in science, religion and philosophy, massive love and living truth to heal.

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 10.

VII. THE SUPREME BEING

P.10 - §6 The Deity mechanism of the master universe is twofold as concerns eternity relationships. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit are eternal--are existential beings--while God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and God the Absolute are actualizing Deity personalities of the post-Havona epochs in the time-space and the time-space-transcended spheres of master universe evolutionary expansion. These actualizing Deity personalities are future eternals from the time when, and as, they power-personalize in the growing universes by the technique of the experiential actualization of the associative-creative potentials of the eternal Paradise Deities.

P.10 - §7 Deity is, therefore, dual in presence:

1. Existential--beings of eternal existence, past, present, and future.

2. Experiential--beings actualizing in the post-Havona present but of unending existence throughout all future eternity.

P.10 - §10 The Father, Son, and Spirit are existential--existential in actuality (though all potentials are supposedly experiential). The Supreme and the Ultimate are wholly experiential. The Deity Absolute is experiential in actualization but existential in potentiality. The essence of Deity is eternal, but only the three original persons of Deity are unqualifiedly eternal. All other Deity personalities have an origin, but they are eternal in destiny.

P.10 - §11 Having achieved existential Deity expression of himself in the Son and the Spirit, the Father is now achieving experiential expression on hitherto impersonal and unrevealed deity levels as God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and God the Absolute; but these experiential Deities are not now fully existent; they are in process of actualization.

P.11 - §1 God the Supreme in Havona is the personal spirit reflection of the triune Paradise Deity. This associative Deity relationship is now creatively expanding outward in God the Sevenfold and is synthesizing in the experiential power of the Almighty Supreme in the grand universe. Paradise Deity, existential as three persons, is thus experientially evolving in two phases of Supremacy, while these dual phases are power-personality unifying as one Lord, the Supreme Being.

P.11 - §2 The Universal Father achieves freewill liberation from the bonds of infinity and the fetters of eternity by the technique of trinitization, threefold Deity personalization. The Supreme Being is even now evolving as a subeternal personality unification of the sevenfold manifestation of Deity in the time-space segments of the grand universe.

P.11 - §3 The Supreme Being is not a direct creator, except that he is the father of Majeston, but he is a synthetic co-ordinator of all creature-Creator universe activities. The Supreme Being, now actualizing in the evolutionary universes, is the Deity correlator and synthesizer of time-space divinity, of triune Paradise Deity in experiential association with the Supreme Creators of time and space. When finally actualized, this evolutionary Deity will constitute the eternal fusion of the finite and the infinite--the everlasting and indissoluble union of experiential power and spirit personality.

P.11 - §4 All time-space finite reality, under the directive urge of the evolving Supreme Being, is engaged in an ever-ascending mobilization and perfecting unification (power-personality synthesis) of all phases and values of finite reality, in association with varied phases of Paradise reality, to the end and for the purpose of subsequently embarking upon the attempt to reach absonite levels of supercreature attainment.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of The Urantia Book published by Urantia Foundation. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

Edited by Rick Warren

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 10.

VII. THE SUPREME BEING

P.10 - §6 The Deity mechanism of the master universe is twofold as concerns eternity relationships. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit are eternal--are existential beings--while God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and God the Absolute are actualizing Deity personalities of the post-Havona epochs in the time-space and the time-space-transcended spheres of master universe evolutionary expansion. These actualizing Deity personalities are future eternals from the time when, and as, they power-personalize in the growing universes by the technique of the experiential actualization of the associative-creative potentials of the eternal Paradise Deities.

P.10 - §7 Deity is, therefore, dual in presence:

1. Existential--beings of eternal existence, past, present, and future.

2. Experiential--beings actualizing in the post-Havona present but of unending existence throughout all future eternity.

P.10 - §10 The Father, Son, and Spirit are existential--existential in actuality (though all potentials are supposedly experiential). The Supreme and the Ultimate are wholly experiential. The Deity Absolute is experiential in actualization but existential in potentiality. The essence of Deity is eternal, but only the three original persons of Deity are unqualifiedly eternal. All other Deity personalities have an origin, but they are eternal in destiny.

P.10 - §11 Having achieved existential Deity expression of himself in the Son and the Spirit, the Father is now achieving experiential expression on hitherto impersonal and unrevealed deity levels as God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and God the Absolute; but these experiential Deities are not now fully existent; they are in process of actualization.

P.11 - §1 God the Supreme in Havona is the personal spirit reflection of the triune Paradise Deity. This associative Deity relationship is now creatively expanding outward in God the Sevenfold and is synthesizing in the experiential power of the Almighty Supreme in the grand universe. Paradise Deity, existential as three persons, is thus experientially evolving in two phases of Supremacy, while these dual phases are power-personality unifying as one Lord, the Supreme Being.

P.11 - §2 The Universal Father achieves freewill liberation from the bonds of infinity and the fetters of eternity by the technique of trinitization, threefold Deity personalization. The Supreme Being is even now evolving as a subeternal personality unification of the sevenfold manifestation of Deity in the time-space segments of the grand universe.

P.11 - §3 The Supreme Being is not a direct creator, except that he is the father of Majeston, but he is a synthetic co-ordinator of all creature-Creator universe activities. The Supreme Being, now actualizing in the evolutionary universes, is the Deity correlator and synthesizer of time-space divinity, of triune Paradise Deity in experiential association with the Supreme Creators of time and space. When finally actualized, this evolutionary Deity will constitute the eternal fusion of the finite and the infinite--the everlasting and indissoluble union of experiential power and spirit personality.

P.11 - §4 All time-space finite reality, under the directive urge of the evolving Supreme Being, is engaged in an ever-ascending mobilization and perfecting unification (power-personality synthesis) of all phases and values of finite reality, in association with varied phases of Paradise reality, to the end and for the purpose of subsequently embarking upon the attempt to reach absonite levels of supercreature attainment.

Fascinating display and unparalled depiction of the workings of the unmanifested (experiential) and manifested (existential) inter-relational aspects of the Deity mechanism. It’s interesting to note, that as stated, the actualization process of the existential carries within itself seeds of the experiential potential…in a sense highlighting that the inner is the transcendent core of outer self-realizations that achieve actualizing suprapotential as a vehicle that traverses the course of “universe evolutionary expansion” en-route back to the “future eternal”.

Martin

Edited by Martin

It is well to remember that time/space is a condition existing within eternity. It allows us to achieve perfection and gain entrance to transcendental levels of reality

P.1173 - §4 Time, space, and experience are man's greatest aids to relative reality perception and yet his most formidable obstacles to complete reality perception. Mortals and many other universe creatures find it necessary to think of potentials as being actualized in space and evolving to fruition in time, but this entire process is a time-space phenomenon which does not actually take place on Paradise and in eternity. On the absolute level there is neither time nor space; all potentials may be there perceived as actuals

Brilliantly stated Martin,

And where else could one find the elaboration of a concept like 'future-eternal', than the UB?

Good reminder Bill, transcendently so! Thanks.

On to Page 11 ~ Rick

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 11.

VIII. GOD THE SEVENFOLD

P.11 - §5 To atone for finity of status and to compensate for creature limitations of concept, the Universal Father has established the evolutionary creature's sevenfold approach to Deity:

1. The Paradise Creator Sons.

2. The Ancients of Days.

3. The Seven Master Spirits.

4. The Supreme Being.

5. God the Spirit.

6. God the Son.

7. God the Father.

P.11 - §13 This sevenfold Deity personalization in time and space and to the seven superuniverses enables mortal man to attain the presence of God, who is spirit. This sevenfold Deity, to finite time-space creatures sometime power-personalizing in the Supreme Being, is the functional Deity of the mortal evolutionary creatures of the Paradise-ascension career. Such an experiential discovery-career of the realization of God begins with the recognition of the divinity of the Creator Son of the local universe and ascends through the superuniverse Ancients of Days and by way of the person of one of the Seven Master Spirits to the attainment of the discovery and recognition of the divine personality of the Universal Father on Paradise.

P.12 - §1 The grand universe is the threefold Deity domain of the Trinity of Supremacy, God the Sevenfold, and the Supreme Being. God the Supreme is potential in the Paradise Trinity, from whom he derives his personality and spirit attributes; but he is now actualizing in the Creator Sons, Ancients of Days, and the Master Spirits, from whom he derives his power as Almighty to the superuniverses of time and space. This power manifestation of the immediate God of evolutionary creatures actually time-space evolves concomitantly with them. The Almighty Supreme, evolving on the value-level of nonpersonal activities, and the spirit person of God the Supreme are one reality--the Supreme Being.

P.12 - §2 The Creator Sons in the Deity association of God the Sevenfold provide the mechanism whereby the mortal becomes immortal and the finite attains the embrace of the infinite. The Supreme Being provides the technique for the power-personality mobilization, the divine synthesis, of all these manifold transactions, thus enabling the finite to attain the absonite and, through other possible future actualizations, to attempt the attainment of the Ultimate. The Creator Sons and their associated Divine Ministers are participants in this supreme mobilization, but the Ancients of Days and the Seven Master Spirits are probably eternally fixed as permanent administrators in the grand universe.

P.12 - §3 The function of God the Sevenfold dates from the organization of the seven superuniverses, and it will probably expand in connection with the future evolution of the creations of outer space. The organization of these future universes of the primary, secondary, tertiary, and quartan space levels of progressive evolution will undoubtedly witness the inauguration of the transcendent and absonite approach to Deity.

P.11 - §13 This sevenfold Deity personalization in time and space and to the seven superuniverses enables mortal man to attain the presence of God, who is spirit. This sevenfold Deity, to finite time-space creatures sometime power-personalizing in the Supreme Being, is the functional Deity of the mortal evolutionary creatures of the Paradise-ascension career. Such an experiential discovery-career of the realization of God begins with the recognition of the divinity of the Creator Son of the local universe and ascends through the superuniverse Ancients of Days and by way of the person of one of the Seven Master Spirits to the attainment of the discovery and recognition of the divine personality of the Universal Father on Paradise."

There is much talk these days within spiritual circles about "the ascension"; it would do well to note that these "ascension papers" (i.e. the Urantia Book) were revealed decades before the present interest in the ascension process--with the added nuance that this is a "Paradise" Ascension career rooted in the grand quest of discovering the full import of God self-realization. Any thoughts on these original ascension-papers in correlation to present day absorption with the ascension process?

Martin

Edited by Nigel Nunn

Martin,

Let me rephrase my question. What present day absorption with the ascension process are you referring to?

Back to the topic at hand:

GOD the SEVENFOLD (Supreme Creators of time and space) is our stepping-stone pathway to real ascension and the attainment of eternity and the transcendental levels of existence. Each step on this pathway is another "FATHER." . Creator Sons are the final power-personality focalizations of the mighty time-space attributes of God the Sevenfold. 367-0

P.640 - §7 The present functioning of divinity in the superuniverses is actively manifest in the operations of the Supreme Creators--the local universe Creator Sons and Spirits, the superuniverse Ancients of Days, and the Seven Master Spirits of Paradise. These beings constitute the first three levels of God the Sevenfold

P.641 - §0 leading inward to the Universal Father, and this entire domain of God the Sevenfold is co-ordinating on the first level of experiential deity in the evolving Supreme Being.

ASCENDANT DESTINIES

P.643 - §2 We do know, however, that in the universes of time and space, God the Sevenfold provides a progressive approach to the Universal Father, and that this evolutionary approach is experientially unified in God the Supreme. We might conjecture that such a plan must prevail in the outer universes; on the other hand the new orders of beings that may sometime inhabit these universes may be able to approach Deity on ultimate levels and by absonite techniques. In short, we have not the slightest concept of what technique of deity approach may become operative in the future universes of outer space.

P.643 - §5 Ascendant finaliters, having been born in the local universes, nurtured in the superuniverses, and trained in the central universe, embrace in their personal experiences the full potential of the comprehension of the time-space divinity of God the Sevenfold unifying in the Supreme. Finaliters serve successively in superuniverses other than those of nativity, thereby superimposing experience upon experience until the fullness of the sevenfold diversity of possible creature experience has been encompassed. Through the ministry of the indwelling Adjusters the finaliters are enabled to find the Universal Father, but it is by these techniques of experience that such finaliters come really to know the Supreme Being, and they are destined to the service and the revelation of this Supreme Deity in and to the future universes of outer space.

GOD'S LOVING MERCY

P.1164 - §2 God the Sevenfold signifies the recognition by Paradise Deity of the barriers of time in the evolutionary universes of space. No matter how remote from Paradise, how deep in space, a material survival personality may take origin, God the Sevenfold will be found there present and engaged in the loving and merciful ministry of truth, beauty, and goodness to such an incomplete, struggling, and evolutionary creature. The divinity ministry of the Sevenfold reaches inward through the Eternal Son to the Paradise Father and outward through the Ancients of Days to the universe Fathers--the Creator Sons.

SEVEN FATHERS

It is intended that mortals who start out from an inhabited world have the experience of recognizing seven fathers:

P.587 - §5 1. The biologic father--the father in the flesh.

P.587 - §6 2. The father of the realm--the Planetary Adam.

P.587 - §7 3. The father of the spheres--the System Sovereign.

P.587 - §8 4. The Most High Father--the Constellation Father.

P.587 - §9 5. The universe Father--the Creator Son and supreme ruler of the local creations.

P.587 - §10 6. The super-Fathers--the Ancients of Days who govern the superuniverse.

P.587 - §11 7. The spirit or Havona Father--the Universal Father, who dwells on Paradise and bestows his spirit to live and work in the minds of the lowly creatures who inhabit the universe of universes.

Thanks for the comprehensive set of quotes Bill,

And the stepping stone metaphor is a delightful one. We children of time, we siblings in space, we will hop, skip and jump home to Paradise, along the long established Seven-fold Path first traversed by Granfanda.

Next step ~ page 12. Rick