Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Meredith Van Woert

Re: "Great personal Urantia blog"

Rick,

I do not object to your removing the topic "Great personal Urantia blog!" started by 4evr. How much time are you going to give 4evr to respond to the remarks made by yourself and Rob R.? Since 4evr asked up front for "any thoughts" about his topic, you would think he would be looking for responses. Or maybe he wasn't prepared to get the responses he got and since he thinks the blog is great, he feels slapped.

A Urantia Book reader who uses UB quotes to promote or diminish worldly activities, such as politics, does not enhance our understandings of the teachings, in my opinion, because he or she is using UB material to either magnify or degrade persons and or institutions by using those quotes in support of a personal agenda regarding politicians, for example, or institutions. The book is meant to inspire us to go out and solve our political problems.

Anyhow, that's my opinion.

Meredith

Rick,

I do not object to your removing the topic "Great personal Urantia blog!" started by 4evr. How much time are you going to give 4evr to respond to the remarks made by yourself and Rob R.? Since 4evr asked up front for "any thoughts" about his topic, you would think he would be looking for responses. Or maybe he wasn't prepared to get the responses he got and since he thinks the blog is great, he feels slapped.

A Urantia Book reader who uses UB quotes to promote or diminish worldly activities, such as politics, does not enhance our understandings of the teachings, in my opinion, because he or she is using UB material to either magnify or degrade persons and or institutions by using those quotes in support of a personal agenda regarding politicians, for example, or institutions. The book is meant to inspire us to go out and solve our political problems.

Anyhow, that's my opinion.

Meredith

And it is much appreciated Meredith, I don't like acting unilaterally. Will give it til tomorrow unless Nigel or other Mods suggest otherwise. rw

Hi dear friends

Sometimes is good to give a prudential time and sometimes we need to act in that precise moment (certainly depens on the circumstance), but always be carefully with the way and manners in which we acted.

For me that is the most important part: the way of how we acted.

In these particular cases, I thought, sometimes the best thing is to face any problem from the beginning with a respectful way and proposing a better option.

Certainly with time and acting with responsibly and wisely it did not happens to majors misfortunes. A prudential time always helps us to find the best solution and think better.

Edited by Jose Alberto Wonsover

Regarding the Robert Sarmast blog, http://robertsarmast.blogspot.com/

I was very surprised to see the Three Concentric Circles Symbol there as plain as day and without the registered mark symbol. I informed Jane Ploetz about it at s.g. last night. She is contacting R. Keeler, Trustee, about it. She felt it was important to inform the trustees of the use of the trademark and they can follow up on it.

Meredith

Dear Team,

Thanks for handling this one. This has been good practise for what may

become a more frequent need to manage threads. We certainly do not

want to get bogged down for weeks by "distracting" threads.

The important thing is not so much that we impose our rules, but -- as

Jose Alberto says -- the way and manner in which we act. Can we win

the approval of those who's posts we feel need adjusting (or deleting)?

A few timely, friendly and well-crafted "Personal Messages" can save a

whole lot of fuss :blink:

If we can be seen to act graciously, and to help our fellows who bump

up against our rules, the many visitors currently "passing by" might

leave with a good impression -- and return later to contribute.

Nigel

Thanks All,

This message was just sent to Reed thru Forum email.

Hope your feelings weren't hurt by the reactions to the thread you started.

I deleted it this morn. Behz wasn't there to speak for himself, so it seemed best.

Hang with us Brother, Rick

Hey Guys,

Received the email below last week.

Subject: deletion of thread

To: rewar@swbell.net

Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 2:51 PM

hi Rick....

i have been on the road all winter,so don't get on line often.

also didn't read any of the [flak]messages my question created.

is there a place where i can read the follow ups?

if not would you give me your cell# so i could call you?

my # is xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks Reed Hubbard,

soon to be back in

Morgan VT

I replied with my phone number, no response, so far. rw

Final note on this thread,

Reed and I connected by phone yesterday. He's known of the UB for almost 40 years, but just started studying in earnest 4 years ago, and now he has a job that allows much time to read. He sounded very sincere and willing to listen. He said he holds UAI Forum in the highest regard, and was simply curious what others thot of Behz's writings. He didn't respond immediately because he is away from the Web often, and for extended periods.

We talked about Behz's prophecies, and I pointed him to Ubron where Behz often holds court. I don't believe he was in any way attempting to disrupt the Forum, and now he has a better idea of what's appropriate here. He understood that Forum is for study and appreciatoin of the revelation, and not for examining prophetic senarios or ones who proclaim them.

Reed seemed humble, open-hearted, respectful, kind and caring, well worth our attention and assistance within Forum guidelines and purposes.

Thanks for your ear, rw

Reed seemed humble, open-hearted, respectful, kind and caring, well worth

our attention and assistance within Forum guidelines and purposes.

Nice work Rick -- thanks for following this through.

Nigel