Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Guest Fellow Reader

Deleted by request

Guest Fellow Reader
Uh, 'nuf. This is a spiritual forum. If you want to talk about medicine, perhaps a medical forum would be better suited. Just a little reality testing here. I know it can get confusing when one doesn't have adequate "mind control" with or without anesthesia. Staying focused and on-topic can be challenging even with Tylenol in one's system. (Post #22)

Hi NUF,

I'm sorry, your post is too convoluted to comprehend. I'm pretty tired of your harangues; sick of your personality assaults and character assassinations. Forgive me if I ignore you and take some Tylenol to treat the headache you give me. My tolerance and patience are being tested. I'll pray for the both of us. (Post #27)

My favorite things about Jesus was that he was free from ostentatious affectation (1101.6) or the superficial frothiness of a religious egoist (2088.3). He combined unfailing kindness that touched the heart of men and women with a stalwart strength of character, and most of all, he was truly sincere, there was nothing of the hypocrite in him; he was free from affectation. He was courageous enough to plainly teach that the hypocrisy of self-conscious and attention-craving humility is childish and unworthy of the enlightened sons of the kingdom. (1676.4) This allowed him to be refreshingly genuine rather than stooping to pretense or resorting to shamming. (1101.6) He pleaded for sympathy without sanctimonious sentimentality. (1673.4) He loved his fellows so much and so wisely that he never hesitated to be severe with them when the occasion demanded such discipline. (1875.2) He wisely made provisions for the right of social groups of believers to maintain order in their ranks and administer discipline upon unruly members. (1929.3) And he could maintain this balance because he knew that it was not loving to permit sophistry to masquerade as tolerance and love.

Edited by Fellow Reader

Guest Fellow Reader

How does eugenics relate to the teachings of Jesus?

Are you saying U-rantian, that race improvement is what you think is the most important aspect of Jesus' teachings?

That is the topic of this thred, "Which are the most important teachings of the Master?", is it not?

This thread is surely one of the first places lovers of Jesus will look when they arrive at this UAI forum.... My favorite, most important teaching of Jesus?

Nigel

I don't remember reading anything about race improvement (i.e., eugenics) in the Jesus papers.

Wouldn't it be better to split off a thred for its own topic so that this thred can remain focused on the topic of Jesus most important teachings?

Scientists have unintentionally precipitated mankind into a materialistic panic; they have started an unthinking run on the moral bank of the ages, but this bank of human experience has vast spiritual resources; it can stand the demands being made upon it. Only unthinking men become panicky about the spiritual assets of the human race. When the materialistic-secular panic is over, the religion of Jesus will not be found bankrupt. The spiritual bank of the kingdom of heaven will be paying out faith, hope, and moral security to all who draw upon it "in His name." (2076.6)
Edited by Fellow Reader

Guest Fellow Reader
Are you saying U-rantian, that race improvement is what you think is the most important aspect of Jesus' teachings?

No, I am not saying that. But I do say that race improvement it is a very important aspect for the spirituality of the planet and for the preservation of civilization.

I think race improvement is an important topic too and there is nothing wrong with dicussing it because it is characterized by some as "politically incorrect." But, as you admit above, if you don't think race improvement is "the most important aspect of of Jesus' teachings," which is the topic of this thred, doesn't it belong then in a thred of its own?

The question I asked you U-rantian, was is it not more appropriate to open another thred dedicated to this topic rather than starting another thred within a thred of a different topic, the topic of which has already been made clear by the Administrator:

This thread is surely one of the first places lovers of Jesus will look when they arrive at this UAI forum.... My favorite, most important teaching of Jesus?

Nigel

I think it is fair to say Jesus' teachings were not concerned with race improvement as much as they were concerned with the entire human race. His mission was purely spiritual and he offered no teachings on race improvement in his gospel of the kingdom. There is a difference after all between the teachings of Jesus and what his mission and message was all about, and the larger body of information contained within the Urantia Book, some of which addresses the topic of race improvement.

It would be unfortuante if new readers who visit this thred because of its title became confused and/or distracted from the more uplifting and beautiful spiritual teachings of Jesus by material that in another thred would make an interesting discussion regarding racial improvement.

Forum moderators affirm the obvious need to maintain the utmost in responsible, on-topic, and cordial communication among subscribers for the mutual benefit of all. (Forum Guidelines)
Edited by Fellow Reader

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.