Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Carolyn

Christianity's Problem

Dear all,

What are your experiences concerning pp. 2082-83 in Paper 195 of UB?

This paper is pregnant with information, problems, and solutions. Any one of the sections in Paper 195 would take a lot of study by a personality but I would like to start with this question: What in your personal experience of living life would give you reason to think that Chritianity since 1934 has a problem? Are their more or less problems than those stated in the above pages?

pargraph 4 of section 9. "If Christianity persists in neglecting its spiritual mission while it continues to busy itself with social and material problems, the spiritual renaissance must await the coming of these new teachers of Jesus' religion who will be exclusively devoted to the spiritual regeneration of men. And then will these spirit-born souls quickly supply the leadership and inspiration requisite for the social, moral, economic, and political reorganization of the world."

IMO and IME Where are these souls? Still in the far future? Because we seem to have regressed since WWII. The parents of the babies who experienced this horrific time period raised some pampered children. (Don't get your knickers in a twist!) Maybe You (the collective you) weren't pampered. These pampered parents without intent raised some selfish, self-centered mortals who in turn have produced the next generation of even more mortals with questionable character, lack of integrity, and so liberal in their thinking that Churches have set themselves up to meet their every whim. Even the institutionalized Christian Churches have provided secular remedies to keep the secular thinking darlings happy. IMO When liberality has no boundaries, nothing is wrong. There are no values, or character building. Where did I get my experience? ...attending Christian churches while teaching in USA public schools these same four generations. Leadership?...scarey...

Love,

Carolyn

Is there a "religious" connection between holding on to "superstitious creeds" and socially condoned selfishness?

Dear all,

What are your experiences concerning pp. 2082-83 in Paper 195 of UB?

This paper is pregnant with information, problems, and solutions. Any one of the sections in Paper 195 would take a lot of study by a personality but I would like to start with this question: What in your personal experience of living life would give you reason to think that Chritianity since 1934 has a problem? Are their more or less problems than those stated in the above pages?

pargraph 4 of section 9. "If Christianity persists in neglecting its spiritual mission while it continues to busy itself with social and material problems, the spiritual renaissance must await the coming of these new teachers of Jesus' religion who will be exclusively devoted to the spiritual regeneration of men. And then will these spirit-born souls quickly supply the leadership and inspiration requisite for the social, moral, economic, and political reorganization of the world."

IMO and IME Where are these souls? Still in the far future? Because we seem to have regressed since WWII. The parents of the babies who experienced this horrific time period raised some pampered children. (Don't get your knickers in a twist!) Maybe You (the collective you) weren't pampered. These pampered parents without intent raised some selfish, self-centered mortals who in turn have produced the next generation of even more mortals with questionable character, lack of integrity, and so liberal in their thinking that Churches have set themselves up to meet their every whim. Even the institutionalized Christian Churches have provided secular remedies to keep the secular thinking darlings happy. IMO When liberality has no boundaries, nothing is wrong. There are no values, or character building. Where did I get my experience? ...attending Christian churches while teaching in USA public schools these same four generations. Leadership?...scarey...

Love,

Carolyn

Is there a "religious" connection between holding on to "superstitious creeds" and socially condoned selfishness?

Reverse? Possibly the religious connection is that they are not religious.

Or another thought...perhaps these attributes bother most of the mortals who have been caught through circumstances to be connected to them. That gives The Papers a fair geminating ground. So many folks out there wanting the why's and how's answered and not getting those answers as individuals. They are stuck with superstitious creeds and socially condoned selfishness and "know" they are just that. I was one of those folks.

LOL,

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

The world that the "grandchildren" are going to have to manage has completely different challenges of LIFE-MAINTENANCE than the grandparents had.

The world's population has DOUBLED in 50 years. That's too much BIOLOGIC pressure to get "selfish", imo. So I think we need to shift focus to teaching HOW TO THINK SCIENTIFICALLY and with COMMON SENSE ("lazy" is big part of animal mind) in public schools and lay off of all kinds of "social" engineering....make 'em sit down and read a book or focus on building something - both activities are "quiet" time and "positive". Schmodites need to get their hands dirty with honest labor now and then and the Adamites have to stop shooting themselves out of rockets for fun and read a "difficult" book on a subject that they think is not "relevant".

The BEST in each culture and race has been severely weakened through modern warfare so whatever is getting engineered, socially, is neither spiritually beautiful, the truth about "you are here" - cosmically speaking, or a repository for experiential GOODNESS (the social adjustments of a civilization that are made in the search for JUSTICE). Social engineering is seeking to replace the impulse of "religion" and it has gotten downright GOOFY in my opinion. We all need a break from hearing ONLY Jim Jones voice over the loud speaker - seriously.

Mediocrity, greed, and shamanism (witches and warlocks alike) is NOT modern man's NATURAL society. It's what "religion" without "revelation" produces - mysticism and superstition. Agree 100% with you that the "Amadon" in a lot of us KNOWS this to be TRUE.

We DO need some FACTS, via "revelation", from God the Father to us, His children in time (and diminishing space B) ).

Let people decide for themselves which "revelation" is more "relevant" in 2008 - secondary works (politics) or the "original"....?

THINK.

I had different challenges in child-raising because I had the OTHER extreme to deal with - extremely GIFTED children are an incredible handful - it was all about keeping them from getting bored...and I was happy to share with them all the POSITIVE ways to channel that energy and smarts - a lot of it was self-taught (how not to get bored)....so that's another common sense aproach - pairing up teachers with the children based on common abilities in both groups. It's a kind of "evil" social engineering "tradition" of religion designed to LIMIT the potentials of "smart", imo, to assign a genius person (because it's a woman) to "teach" the below-average for 8 hours a day....

Common sense is NOT anti-anything - it is what is REAL.

We need to FIND our "common" sense. That's the coolaide antidote to superstitious creeds.

Today I am dealing with WHO has been given free access to ALL my stupid MATERIAL information and the FICTION they are creating from the "facts"...

I'll move THAT "fight" I'm a gonna start over PRIVACY TO GROW UNMOLESTED BY PROFESSIONAL ENEMIES to our neglected "humour" thread - Page 783 - "The later Andonites used to settle disputes by holding a public show at which the disputants made fun of and ridiculed each other, while the audience decided the winner by applause." But I doubt the guilty have the COURAGE to show up to the fight.

Reverse? Possibly the religious connection is that they are not religious.

Or another thought...perhaps these attributes bother most of the mortals who have been caught through circumstances to be connected to them. That gives The Papers a fair geminating ground. So many folks out there wanting the why's and how's answered and not getting those answers as individuals. They are stuck with superstitious creeds and socially condoned selfishness and "know" they are just that. I was one of those folks.

LOL,

Carolyn

Edited by nameless until fused

I would say the major themes of the UB is the brotherhood of man and the Fatherhood of God, with an emphasis on that spark (thought adjuster) that abides in all of us.

The "neglect" I think you are referring to is the lack of emphasis on those principles in so many Christian institutions. They seem to often focus on sin, redemption, theology, and materialistic concerns, when in fact that personal relationship with the Creator seems far more important to man's salvation. MHO.

Guest rich.sachs

tub teachers may not be here for another couple hundred years as this revelation spreads slowly through study groups and internet forums and such. 2:2.1 There is infinite perfection in the divine integrity. Thus are the plans and purposes of the First Source and Center like himself: eternal, perfect, and forever changeless.

i hope he has a plan for us and christianity and the truth of jesus as talked about in tub.

Love,

Carolyn

Rich:

In my experiences.... I believe, have faith and see truth in these experiences that there will... is "a plan for us and Christianity and the truth of Jesus"

:D