Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seraphic_Park

Seraphic Park/Mark Kurtz

Guest Seraphic_Park

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the eloquent presentation. I have some questions - comments. I have spoken with many persons who feel the same as myself. Perhaps you will be provide some relevant feedback.

"I want to invite discussion and consideration of your support for the mission and operations of UAI as we accept the challenge of disseminating TUB teachings worldwide."

My that's quite a mouthful Mark. May I ask exactly how your group proposes to accomplish this task seeing as UAI and the Foundation to date steadfastly refuse to even reveal to the world that this marvelous and saving revelation even exists in the first place. This seems utterly non-sensical on the surface. You desire to teach "the whole world !!" something and y'all won't even tell them what the something is !! I do not understand. I must be such a dullard. Since the revelation has been published, over 50 years now, there is no publicly discernible difference evident. An "official" continuation of the person to person revelation spreading method will continue to yield essential little results in any of the lifetimes of anyone reading this message.

And I'm afraid there's another slight problem. Let us not pretend that the Foundation has not had numerous and serious "administrative" [am I'm being really nice here] problems over the years, all well known and documented. So much so that most people I converse with will have little if nothing to do with Foundation activities. And the UAI, being a cojoint actor with the Foundation...well I'm afraid that you nice folks end up getting lumped into the same category.

The common people will decline to support an organization that won't listen to them, that rejects all criticism out of hand, and basically ignores any idea or opinion that does not coincide with "company policy."

Folks...what if.....what if, "company policy" is wrong?

The observable situation that there are over a million UB's in circulation, yet the two organizations mentioned seem to enjoy the support of a miniscule tiny fraction of these persons, despite these organizations being easy to find and the widespread use and influence of the internet today....including the relatively very low participation in numbers of persons on this forum and other similar forums. ???

I myself do not call this situation an abject failure. But some folks do. Some say we have over 50 years of almost nothing but mostly wasted opportunity....because the fact that The Urantia Book exists is being withheld from the general public.

Thanks for listening Mark. I would like to hear back from (you).

Sincerely,

SP

Edited by Seraphic_Park

Guest Seraphic_Park

Mark invites discussion. I make a honest and sincere reply. Reply gets deleted. Wonderful ! Happy day !

Mr. Joe, I'll assume it was you who deleted my post. The UB is replete with admonitions advocating a critically self-corrective philosophy. Need a quote on that? If all y'all wish here is to preach to the choir, then I suggest that y'all cease asking for opinions and discussions and close the forum to all but UAI members.

Actually Joe I find your actions to be unbecoming a Urantia Book possessor, and frankly, cowardly.

Edited by Seraphic_Park

Guest Robert Reno
Mark invites discussion. I make a honest and sincere reply. Reply gets deleted. Wonderful ! Happy day !

Mr. Joe, I'll assume it was you who deleted my post. The UB is replete with admonitions advocating a critically self-corrective philosophy. Need a quote on that? If all y'all wish here is to preach to the choir, then I suggest that y'all cease asking for opinions and discussions and close the forum to all but UAI members.

Actually Joe I find your actions to be unbecoming a Urantia Book possessor, and frankly, cowardly.

Calling Joe a coward is ad hominen; an uncivil personal attack, plain and simple. If this is any indication of the nature of your deleted post, then it is no wonder it was deleted. You might want to reconsider your uncivil and rude manners friend.

Edited by Robert Reno

Sign in to follow this