Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
mod1

NuF : "nameless until fused" 's TONE (7/24/8)

Hello modAdmins, I am concerned about the .. TONE "NuF" aka "nameless until fused" is using, so think she bears watching, if not immediate, kind-gentle WARNING.

Also, I notice in my attempt to copy her post to here for discussion, it loses the color, and therefore it is not clear who is speaking in her post by the time it is copied to here. For clarities sake, i am putting her words in her post in quotes so you can differentiate who is speaking. THANKS! Ellen/mod1

SEE

Science & Cosmology

> Genes and Ethical/Moral Behavior, Links to Violence

IP: 24.121.4.114 | Post #27

Specifically, here is a line:

This blows my mind, Rick. When was there a time, other than NOW, in every European country where people were NOT choosing the best genes? You need to stop thinking that you're the inventor of the wheel.

from her post addressing Rick W:

IP: 24.121.4.114 | Post #27 |

Group: Members

Member No.: 457

QUOTE (Rick Warren @ Jul 23 2008, 01:41 PM) *

Hi Nuf, Sibs,

Science is showing a new way to genetic conservation. This study, when combined with all others (soon to come from the new wave of fearless science), is bound to show the moral/ethical/spiritual aspects of genetic lineage.

NuF:Do you know what RAW DATA is in research? You are SELLING a steak that has been chewed by someone else first. Maybe one day they'll think that is cool in kinky circles of hedonists, but for now, people like to chew their own food. I want to see the RAW DATA.

When it does people will want to choose good genes, for themselves and their progeny.

NuF:This blows my mind, Rick. When was there a time, other than NOW, in every European country where people were NOT choosing the best genes? You need to stop thinking that you're the inventor of the wheel.

The authors said this, rather omniously, but honestly too.

...For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.... P.1207 - §6

NuF:I refuse to acknowledge this tidbit from the UB unless you include the paragraph right before it and then make your case again when the whole thought is complete.

Do you believe this alarm is over genetics, or spirit progress? Aren't they linked?

NuF:Yes they are "linked". And it's absurd to ignore the REAL problem on the table which I quoted from page 786 (and when I list a quote, I am assuming that people are brushing up on the whole Paper, or at least on the POINT the quote was making in the Paper - so here goes, again: "....the net result of modern conflict is the selective destruction of the best human stocks...". Compare art and literature in Russia right before Trotsky started rabble-rousing for his quick buck from gun makers to NOW...compare art and literature AND invention NOW in the USA to right before WWI...and tell me that the SPIRITUAL stock wasn't SELECTIVELY bred out? Who did the "selection" then, Rick? Immediate planetary supervisors? Is there a bigger Dr. Frankenstein than the self-proclaimed God of Urantia...? Page 1207 - "Many a new religion and strange "ism" has arisen from the aborted, imperfect, misunderstood, and garbled communications of Thought Adjusters." I hate to tell you, but it ain't TA-inspired people driving DNA research and all you have to do is go read up on who has laid claim to "discovering" DNA to see that they aren't models of SPIRITUAL stock - they STOLE the "glory" of discovery from their female collegue, who mysteriously died very early in life from ovarian cancer.

One day, Rick

NuF:The Life Carriers are open to your suggestions for improvement, don't know what page that is on where they encourage that. I will suggest having a human be able to grow a new tooth when the old one needs to be pulled - like sharks are able to do now. What's your suggestion?

NuF:That's the mistake that a lot of people are making these days in the "political class" - politicians completely ignore that there's a whole lot of smarter than them people who don't want to go where they are being told they have to go by politicians - especially when it comes to "science". Science that wants to put its probe right up the kazooka of every human being on earth has no right to be "fearless" about doing something like that.

Page 1959 - "From now on you may exercise no jurisdiction over your brethren except that which you have earned in your capacity as a spiritual leader, and which your brethren therefore freely recognize."

With all due respect, Mr. Warren, I'm not recognizing you as my UB "authority" on the topic of DNA.

your sis,

Nameless until F...

(that's the way it appears on my screen when I log in here - I had to groan at the irony dry.gif Everytime I pop in to a UB list frequented by certain people, I do get f... - must be on some COWARD's "to hate" list)

ps - you're forgiven, Nigel - it's a tough topic...

SO................... modAdmins, Please let me know what you think, before i or we warn her, (which, i nearly did when i first read her stuff, especially this last post.

Ellen/mod1

Guest U-rantian

Dear Ellen/Mod1 and all

This is unnecessary, the tone in that kind of subject is always going to get up at some point, no warning is necessary. Let us allow the growth of meanings to evolve even if it is through heated arguments.

We all need to remember that we do need this forum to take off undue warnings will only discourage participation and posting besides for us it is the most important to know as much as possible what those who dare to post think about those difficult subjects.

No warning is necessary and before sending any that has to be disscussed and agreed here in the X-zone.

Thanks

U-rantian

No warning is necessary and before sending any that has to be disscussed and agreed here in the X-zone.

I agree with U-rantian for now. NuF sent me a note that makes me think she will be a valuable contributor here.

For her, genetics and eugenics are arousing subjects!

Nigel

I agree with U-rantian for now. NuF sent me a note that makes me think she will be a valuable contributor here.

For her, genetics and eugenics are arousing subjects!

Nigel

Thank you U-rantian and Nigel,

I, too, enjoy her intense interest and seeming experience with the subject. It is one of my most intense subjects, also. I want to listen to each of your opinions, and look forward to any more comments on this subject.

Ellen/mod1

She generates some heat but brings some light right along with it. I wish we had a few more like this.

Bill

Guest U-rantian

Dear Moderators

Regarding this post from Nuf.

I suggest the Forum administrators and moderators deal with this tension in a personal way, that is, valuing Nuf as a reader of the Urantia Book who has her opinions and it is not afraid to express annoyance against authorithy. It will be good for the Forum stuff and other readers to allow her to express all that she wants until she calms down, and concentrate in corroborate those statements about the Supreme Being, let it become a conflict in meaning rather than in the character of Nuf. As long as she expresses her thoughts with sincerity no problem.

Also, I see that Fellow reader might be clashing with her so let us be prepared to arbitrate those two. I say, let her express her views and let us not edit her for a while since that will just provoke her I don't want this forum to lose such a lovely character, if we get the issue to the meaning and interpetation level of the Urantia Book we all will win, and who knows perhaps Nuf will stop attacking the censorship and the self-appointed.. B)

;)

U-rantian

P.1097 - §5 Religious living is devoted living, and devoted living is creative living, original and spontaneous. New religious insights arise out of conflicts which initiate the choosing of new and better reaction habits in the place of older and inferior reaction patterns. New meanings only emerge amid conflict; and conflict persists only in the face of refusal to espouse the higher values connoted in superior meanings.

If self-appointed censors are going to edit someone's post, don't you think they should note that it was edited and WHY they edited it - for instance, was what I wrote a LIE? Or was it POLITICAL TRUTH that offended liars?

Joer can go on about Obama, but I can't CORRECTLY define the political machinations of some insider's cult damaging the SPIRITUAL mission of the Catholic Church...?

And how does this latest nonsense spin into yet another DEMAND for "forgiveness" from people who WILL NOT apologized for INIQUITY....?

When 80% of the people in Occidental cultures/countries have JUDGED that "government" has gone off the track - is it some mysterious law of physics (dark matter or something?) that keeps 80% of people SILENCED on the internet?

In a moment of spontaneous mirth, my peeps and I started to MIME what we had to say :P

And in having that CREATIVE FREEDOM to MIME out our thoughts, lo and behold, we discovered a universal hand gesture for "male" as compared to "female". The MEN in the group deemed it to be an accurate MIME gesture - go figure that the women invented it :P

So if people have not and are actually never going to read the UB - what's the administrative policy? Silence the people who HAVE read the UB? Allow "religionists" to do a word search in the UB and pull sentences out of context to make some kind of point about their SUPERIOR "holy book" in contrast to the UB....? Are we REALLY going to turn this INTERNATIONAL website into one big (self-bleep on the word commonly used) holier than thou match?

Page 1318 - And if you have NOT read the previous 1317 pages - nit-picking this sentence should be a snap....but in context - it says it all...

"In this universe age he (Michael of Nebadon) reveals the Supreme and participates in the actualization of the sovereignty of Supremacy".

Then AT LEAST read the first paragraph of Paper 117 - God the Supreme.

If non-readers want to spin - know what you're spinning....

A couple of paragraphs into the Paper 117 - yet another REVELATION about the SYNTHETIC Supreme (yes, the consistent adjective for the Supreme by UB authors is "SYNTHETIC" - get out the 1930s dictionary to see why they use that word...):

Page 1278 - "Throughout all future eternity God the Supreme will voice the reality of volitional experience in the trinity relationships of Deity."

Let's see the censors try and shut up that "voice".... :P

So do tell, JOER and Fellow Reader, what do you want to APOLOGIZE for....or are you hoping that enough people have been brain-washed into thinking that the AUTHORITY of selfishness is "normal" and - voila - some pixie dust and everything's "forgiven"....? Love means never having to say you're sorry...?

Really? That's in the UB as you read it? What's the word search - "forgiveness"....?

Gee, sounds more like CAL is still rejecting accepting the consequences of his INIQUITY against us hairy, stupid, and savage "Amadon's"....go figure....but without narcotics clouding the brain, have the Life Carriers REALLY created a mortal brain that could be dumbed down that far as to FORGIVE INIQUITY? Or was the "gift" of the cosmically insane upgrade a trojan horse in the evolutionary brain...? Amazing what people will CHOOSE to believe about how "chosen" they are....

Fun facts and DATA - 80% haved JUDGED the role of "governments" ACROSS THE PLANET to be heading in the WRONG direction....it's DELUSIONAL to think Obama (head shaman for the ol' "bushies"?) is the answer....another set up for failure, imo...especially will disappointment happen if Obama starts believing he's "all that" like GWB did....

More theoretical physics, anyone, about "synthetic" gods...?

How about just joining MY cult - "The Truth Squad of MIMES"....?

Guest U-rantian

Dear Moderators and Administrator

The following is a reply of Fellow Reader and the tension may get even worse since Nuf might reply to that, I suggest that all the moderators and administrators give your opinion regarding the situation in case it gets out of hand. Please note that Fellow reader is already putting pressure on us regarding Nuf, so the more feedback among ourselves the more possibilities to deal with this situation.

bye

U-rantian

No Tish, your anger and sometimes inappropriate communications is not an isolated comment from one person. On that point you are simply wrong. Others have noticed it.

I post this because it is time the moderators, administrator and everyone else stop pretending this is everyone else's problem, when in truth, the problem is Tish's and the fact she sometimes allows angry invective to infect her communications. It is unbecoming, undermines your true attempt to communicate, and only has a negative impact on this forum and its participants. It is a fact acknowledged by others that Tish has a history of this form of "caustic" communication on other UB related forums.

And since you make plain you are personally not facing any health crisis, it is clear you are a very bitter, angry person, who chooses to live within this mindset. I hope you do consider getting help for your anger management problem, and passive aggressive anger is no less harmful for your own health that outright aggression. Chronic sarcasm and being angry is not a sane, balanced, and happy way to live. I am sure you have much that is positive to offer this forum, so why resort to sarcasm, put downs, and angry diatribes attacking entire groups:

The first is an attack upon another group via collective stereotyping, the second is simply a rude and caustic personal attack, and the third, is a falsehood--rumor and innuendo.

To allow this form of communication to continue on the forum only undermines its purpose and the goals and mission of the UAI: to provide a forum for the intelligent, civil, fellowship nuturing study of the Fifth Epochal Revelation.

Rob

Dear Fellows,

N.U.F. is always jabbing away with her pointed barbs , clever veiled insults masked by a sublime and misguided intelligence.

Reno is driven to slavering distraction when everything doesn't go just the way he thinks it should.

Bonita (adelfo) has told me recently that these two people keep her away from this site.

I believe we should maintain civility and insist upon gentility. I just wrote an innocuous and sincere post about love and N.U.F. came back with a weird reply that was vaguely insulting and did not, in any way, address the topic I was addressing. But I love the person behind the bad attitude she maintains, I notice she does not stand the slightest insult, real or imagined, without a vehement reply.

The most difficult goal is to raise the consciousness level of a group of people communicating by typing words. If we could see eachothers eyes or even hear the voice, the soul would come through and smooth out the misunderstandings. I do know that allowing anger to continually be displayed can only be detrimental to the goal of having more light. I don't have an answer. I do know these two should be locked in a room together for a week, alone...

Bill

P.S. Reno just sent me an email so full of vitriol and four-letter words that even I was astounded at the anger. N.U.F. has him going, for sure.

Hi U-rantian,

I exchanged a few messages with NuF, then she suggested I move those posts that veered away from the topic: The Most Important Teaching of The Master. For now I have parked them in their own place here: Moved posts.

Executive Summary: I moved those that came after your Christmas Pearls here: U-rantian's Pearls, and then added a little something to help re-launch that thread. The moved posts are currently not publicly visible. I'm doing a little weeding B)

Nigel

Guest U-rantian

Hi Nigel and Bill

Thank you for your feedback and actions. Looks much better and let us hope they will not rekindle the issue.

Guys, my computer is having some problems if I dissapear suddenly for a while (that will mean that I had to take it to the tech guys) will be because of that, anyhow there is always internet cafes.

Read you soon

U-rantian

P.S. Bill, Fellow Reader usually wants to feel reassured that he is being listened to, bear with him he does write a lot when things like this arise(I did receive a lot of feedback when U-rantian and Robert were arguing in the forum..... by then I was Moderator 4 B) ). A quick reply from your part telling him that we are trying to deal with this matter without much severity expecting that as Urantia book readers that they are(him and Nuf) apply self-control, self control and more self control.