Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers

Happy birthday williamstade and Tobias Weiss!

I hope this day is the best ever for you and for all of us.

The destiny of eternity is determined moment by moment by the achievements of the day by day living. The acts of today are the destiny of tomorrow.
P. 557 - §10

One day at a time,

Meredith

Edited by Meredith Van Woert

Dear moomoo,

Happy birthday to you! Here is a thought gem for today from my favorite book The Urantia Book.

. . . peace is the social yardstick measuring civilization's advancement.
P. 783 - §4

May this day be full of peace!

All the best,

Meredith

Dear DAEadan,

Happy birthday! I found a reference this morning in a section about human rights from PAPER 70 for our mutual edification.

Nature confers no rights on man, only life and a world in which to live it. Nature does not even confer the right to live, as might be deduced by considering what would likely happen if an unarmed man met a hungry tiger face to face in the primitive forest. Society's prime gift to man is security.
P. 793 - §11

I hope you have a wonderful day.

All the best,

Meredith

Dear stacey jackson,

Wishing you a very happy birthday! Here is a thought gem for today for you and for all of us:

Only love, brotherhood, can prevent the strong from oppressing the weak.
P. 805 - §0

All the best,

Meredith

Dear JR Sherrod and Sergey Ch.,

Hurrah! Today is your birthday! I hope today is a wonderful day - another day to praise God and be thankful for life! And wishing you every blessing.

Words are irrelevant to prayer; they are merely the intellectual channel in which the river of spiritual supplication may chance to flow.
P. 1002 - §4

All the best,

Meredith

Happy birthday melody!

I hope you have a great day! Here's a thought gem for the day:

Enduring and continuous human associations have never been founded on biologic affection alone. The animals love their children; man--civilized man--loves his children's children.
P. 940 - §6

All the best,

Meredith

Dear emliysan,

Happy birthday to you!

Remember, even if prayer does not change God, it very often effects great and lasting changes in the one who prays in faith and confident expectation. Prayer has been the ancestor of much peace of mind, cheerfulness, calmness, courage, self-mastery, and fair-mindedness in the men and women of the evolving races.
P. 998 - §3

All the best,

Meredith

Dear bonnie5238,

Wishing you a very happy birthday today! Here is a thought gem (from PAPER 91) for today's date for our mutual edification.

Those who are God-conscious without symbolism must not deny the grace-ministry of the symbol to those who find it difficult to worship Deity and to revere truth, beauty, and goodness without form and ritual.
P. 999 - §3

Have a great day!

Meredith

Guest rich.sachs

Adjusters reach their human subjects on Urantia, on the average, just prior to the sixth birthday. In the present generation it is running five years, ten months, and four days; that is, on the 2,134th day of terrestrial life.

it is so good to get a thought adjuster so soon after our birth, or original birthday.

Dear Lou Nicksic,

Wishing you a very happy birthday today in celebration of your first day on Urantia 64 years ago!

Have a great day!

Meredith

Dear Alfred,

Wishing you a very happy birthday! I hope it is the best ever! Here's your thought gem - one I'm sure you know by heart.

God answers the soul's attitude, not the words.
P. 1002 - §4

All the best,

Meredith

Guest rich.sachs

it says there are no posts to display for alfred, but in his statistics it says he has five posts? a question for admin. you haven't been here since 12/13/10, i hope you come back.

Happy birthday 4evr! Here is a thought gem for our mutual enjoyment:

The religion of Jesus is the most dynamic influence ever to activate the human race. Jesus shattered tradition, destroyed dogma, and called mankind to the achievement of its highest ideals in time and eternity — to be perfect, even as the Father in heaven is perfect.

(1091.2) 99:5.3

All the best,

Meredith

Dear Awakening,

Happy Birthday to you! Here's a thought gem for our mutual edification:

New meanings only emerge amid conflict; and conflict persists only in the face of refusal to espouse the higher values connoted in superior meanings.
P. 1097 - §5

All the best,

Meredith

Guest rich

brutal, the only way for me to learn is to let go of my lesser beliefs for higher ones? brutal.

Happy birthday Civilizationist!

Hope you have a great day today in celebration of your first breath on Urantia.

If once you understand your neighbor, you will become tolerant, and this tolerance will grow into friendship and ripen into love.
P. 1098 - §1

All the best,

Meredith

Dear Lee Armstrong,

Wishing you a very happy birthday today! Many blessings to you and your family. Here is today's thought gem for our mutual enjoyment.

The sincere religionist is conscious of universe citizenship and is aware of making contact with sources of superhuman power.
P. 1100 - §5

All the best,

Meredith

Dear Teobeck,

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day today as you celebrate life and your life. Here is a "package" of thought gems for you about belief and faith.

Belief has attained the level of faith when it motivates life and shapes the mode of living. The acceptance of a teaching as true is not faith; that is mere belief. Neither is certainty nor conviction faith. A state of mind attains to faith levels only when it actually dominates the mode of living. Faith is a living attribute of genuine personal religious experience. One believes truth, admires beauty, and reverences goodness, but does not worship them; such an attitude of saving faith is centered on God alone, who is all of these personified and infinitely more.
P. 1114 - §5

All the best on this day,

Meredith

Dear Brother Dave,

Wishing you a happy birthday today! Here is a favorite quote for you on this day.

Faith does not shackle the creative imagination, neither does it maintain an unreasoning prejudice toward the discoveries of scientific investigation.
P. 1115 - §1

All the best,

Meredith

Dear Kenneth Monge,

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day today as you celebrate the anniversary of your birth. Here is a thought gem for all of us from the UB:

Do not make the mistake of judging another's religion by your own standards of knowledge and truth.
P. 1115 - §3

All the best,

Meredith

Dear Lisa,

Happy birthday to you! Here is a thought gem from "PAPER 102 - THE FOUNDATIONS OF RELIGIOUS FAITH."

If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth.
P. 1118 - §4

Happy reading,

Meredith

Dear AM Yusuf,

Happy birthday to you! Here is a thought gem for June 22:

P. 1126 - §6
. . . it is true that many who are inwardly sure about God fear to assert such feelings of certainty because of the multiplicity and cleverness of those who assemble objections and magnify difficulties about believing in God.

Have a wonderful day,

Mererdith

Happy birthday Coop!

Here is Jesus' method of instruction. It is interesting to note he never attacked the errors or mentioned the flaws in the various teachings of those with whom he spoke.

P. 1456 - §0
. . . this was his method of instruction: Never once did he attack their errors or even mention the flaws in their teachings. In each case he would select the truth in what they taught and then proceed so to embellish and illuminate this truth in their minds that in a very short time this enhancement of the truth effectively crowded out the associated error. . . .

All the best,

Meredith

Happy birthday Coop!

Here is Jesus' method of instruction. It is interesting to note he never attacked the errors or mentioned the flaws in the various teachings of those with whom he spoke.

P. 1456 - §0
. . . this was his method of instruction: Never once did he attack their errors or even mention the flaws in their teachings. In each case he would select the truth in what they taught and then proceed so to embellish and illuminate this truth in their minds that in a very short time this enhancement of the truth effectively crowded out the associated error. . . .

All the best,

Meredith

Happy Birthday CooperSon!

Thanks a bunch Brothers :)

A Great Quote By Jesus , Something That I Really Strive to Do

But Often Fail at doing .

I Feel Truely Blessed in oh so many ways , one is that I Found the

Urantia Book Or It Found Me , Been tryin to think of somethin Wise to say

Today , ... The one thing that keeps poppin in my head IS

That ... Life Happens while Were Making Plans for it .

NAMASTE

Coopson

Many, many blessings to you on the anniversary of your first birth Coop. Have a joyful day! birthday.gif