Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Guest mod2

claude martel should be deleted

Guest mod2

Dear Fellow Moderators,

Claude Martel is a teaching mission devotee. He is once again posting the Teaching Mission's channeled messages on the UAI Forum:

http://www.tmarchives.com/transcripts.php?tid=4663

You can see the specific quote here:

http://unteachingmission.com/transcripts/4...ript.xml#4663:9

Claude Martel's post on the forum:

"A recent quote from ...i won't say it.

"QUOTE

If the majority of the human race were to embrace the concepts in the Urantia book it would certainly be of tremendous significance to the welfare of your planet. I would love to see nothing better than twenty-five percent of your planet embrace the concepts in the Urantia book.

"...a great being.

"Claude."

He is posting the teachings of TeaM's so-called Magisterial Son Monjoronson.

Since justice is a group function, I believe we should all vote on dismissing a member. I vote to ban Claude for the good of this Forum and the quality of social, intellectual and spiritual intercourse between members.

Bill Martin

Guest U-rantian

Hello Bill and all

Violet (Claude) has been deleted. What should we do with his posts, leave them, edit them, delete them? It seems that Robert Reno is questioning about that to the Administrator in the UAI list.

So, what do you think we should do?

U-rantian

Hello Bill and all

Violet (Claude) has been deleted. What should we do with his posts, leave them, edit them, delete them? It seems that Robert Reno is questioning about that to the Administrator in the UAI list.

So, what do you think we should do?

U-rantian

1. Admin could write a brief comment about this subscriber, though such an action might stimulate public comments about Admin and might rile up the list.

2. Isn't there a "Pinned" function wherein no further posts are permitted on a topic? Can we build a wall around the posts of a particular subscriber whom we have banned from the forum?

3. Would it help or hurt the forum to designate a place where banned posters are listed?

Meredith

Hi Mods,

Participants know that this is a "moderated" forum. So they must assume that moderators will sideline questionable posts until approved or rejected.

Let's not feel squeamish about deleting a post, or moving it for group consideration.

On moderated forums, inappropriate posts are simply deleted, and replaced with: "This message was deleted."

How about we simply (re)move the post and alert the poster, in the nicest possible way, that their post was inappropriate.

If they disagree or complain, invite them to rephrase and resubmit.

This is an opportunity for us to practice being friendly but firm, while giving them a chance to review their thoughts.

Nigel

Guest mod2
1. Admin could write a brief comment about this subscriber, though such an action might stimulate public comments about Admin and might rile up the list.

2. Isn't there a "Pinned" function wherein no further posts are permitted on a topic? Can we build a wall around the posts of a particular subscriber whom we have banned from the forum?

3. Would it help or hurt the forum to designate a place where banned posters are listed?

Meredith

Meredith,

answering as a moderator, I believe Claude posted without attribution. Therefore he broke the rules and his two Teaching Mission posts should go in the trash Bin. Since he registered by deceit after having been banned, all his posts should be deleted also. There are enough of Claude Martel's old posts in the files that any future inspection could verify that he was treated fairly in accordance with our established rules.

Listing banned posters and IP numbers would be a great help to Moderators. I really believe with education and instruction, moderators can manage this board quite effectively. Someone has to monitor and administer us moderators, though.

I hope this answers your questions,

Bill

Guest U-rantian

Hi

Violet posts have been deleted. And the the topic he started put in invisible, please do not delete it. It is useful to find his reference.

U-rantian

Hi everyone--I'm back online.

Thanks U-rantian for all the things you have done and Ellen for taking over temporarily. May have to keep you there as acting admin until Vern and the ISB come up with their selection.

I'm thinking of possibly staying on as technical adviser/liaison with the IPB software, or until the forum staff kicks me out.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. There was so much discussion on the UAI list re: the forum. I need to go back and there and catch up.

Joe Dimaggio... I'll show Ellen and U-rantian how to process his account to moderator later.

admin/ mario

Hi

Violet posts have been deleted. And the the topic he started put in invisible, please do not delete it. It is useful to find his reference.

U-rantian

I have to get ready for work.

Way down in the Tech Support area, check out the last post by Joe ("How do I get rid of this?") regarding a topic "New site" in the Publications forum. He is not yet a moderator but from the little bit that I know about him he'd want the whole topic removed.

That is up for discussion, what does the staff want to do about it?

U-rantian knows how to delete the whole thing or make it all invisible should that be the staff's decision.

Mario

Hi

U-rantian