Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Sign in to follow this  
PHIL

"NEW SITE" thread moved here from "Publications"

Well, gosh...I can just post my original beating...er....I mean post here too!

Again, I should have let his criticisms go. And there were many....several times per day. But I did become frustrated and I called him on his last one.

Subject: Re: More Comments Sun 27 Jan - 10:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SP,

It has been apparent from day one that you have only come here to complain and critisize. You of course are free to make a big issue out of every step that admin makes. Or you could actually try building up the positive. But I am tired of you telling us how to run this forum. First we are told we cannot post, only moderate from a distance. Then we are not supposed to move posts or threads that you do not think need moved. We are not supposed to voice our opinions because it will bias the forum. And now...you are trying to censor what gets said on the chat room and tell us we need to email or talk on the phone instead! Who do you think you are kidding??

We are all quite aware of who can see the chat room and who is watching. No one was making fun or berating anyone. And if you thought so, then why did you not come on in and speak to your brothers and sisters about it? People are FREEEEEE to speak their minds there or anywhere. IN FACT, you and all who read along may, in the future, see people working out their conflicts there. So be it!

You have a lot of ideas about how a UB forum should be. But that is not how THIS one will be. We are not about maintaining some serious image. We are about being real. And so you will see people in all their glory being real. If that bothers you, Im sorry. But we are not about to change the entire format just to please who-the-hell-ever Seraphic Park is.

You may continue to harass and complain about everything you dont like around here. But why stay if this place and its owners are so horrid? Sheesh, SP, if you can do it SO much better....then DO it!

You will find your comments going unanswered if they continue along these lines.

Please send the rest of your complaints to admn via PM or email.....unless it is your goal to simply *test* us here in public for your amusement?

I truly have little respect for people who hide behind a mysterious screen name and refuse to say who they are or share ANY personal information. Its really easy to spew off venom to others and act self righteous through a cyber incognito.

And here is the ONE response to me here that SP did not erase:

Same here Maria,

I see that either

1) You and Alex don't "get it". And "it", is that the UB is serious business. Everything about it commands respect, dignity and integrity. Participants at discussion forums like these are GUESTS AND VOLUNTEERS. Apparently you have insufficient idea how to treat a guest or a volunteer.

or

2) Although y'all have made great hoopla regarding how there will be no or little moderation or banning folks and people can say whatever they want......you neglected to mention that the site will definitely be run according to the whims and wishes of your personal opinions and viewpoints about things.

As I said earlier, that becomes your personal blog page rather than an open and inviting UB discussion forum where meaningful things may get accomplished. Go in peace and....learn something about diplomacy will ya?

You're fired.

Wish you luck. I have erased all of my posts. See ya, bye

SP

Maria: I do not see how there is much more to be said here. I have taken ownership for my part in this and corrected the inaccuracies posted here. I have offered to work this out in private. I am not a difficult person to get along with....ask anyone who really knows me lol... But it is what it is. And now it is time to move forward.

Hi SP;

I don't know all the facts since you deleted your post;but

I think Maria has said she got some GOOD from your debate

and apologized for her part in the misunderstanding.

I posted this quote before from AA big book which is backed[the quote]

by lessons in the UB.

"It will become more and more evident as we go forward that it is pointless to become angry, or to get hurt by people who, like us, are suffering from the pains of growing up."

I find this simple advice hard to follow my ego is on a quick trigger [instinct] a lot of the time.

but 'humble' is at least a word I know now in the past I had no Idea what to use it for <_<

PHIL

Maria,

I will respond to this matter only one more time and only because you have showed up here and made additional remarks yourself.

More than once you state that I "continually criticized every move you made" That is false and I did no such thing. I did offer a couple of observations, which you took as criticisms. I did point out where you and Alex took actions which contradicted stated policy matters of your own making.

So if you consider the above to be "continually criticizing every move you made", well you're just streaching it sister.

Not banned? Well....you deleted my user registration.

Banned - deleted registration - What's the difference honey?

And Alex snipped at me too rather harshy in a post just like he did Bill.

I am still willing to say that your forum idea is not a bad one, but y'all have gotten off to a horrible start and I cannot recommend your place to anyone.

My last words on this.

Wish you well

SP

Guest Seraphic_Park

Hello Phil,

Nice to meet you bud.

My view is like this. The UB is serious business. I have considerable unmentioned previous experience with UB based discussion forums on both sides of the fence; participating as a regular member and running and helping to run them. So I've seen a lot. I've dealt with problems, substantial problems. So I'm not a beginner at this type of thing.

The idea of such a site run by private individuals is not bad or unworthy, but they need to give the effort their sincerest best effort at establishing and maintaining the highest levels of dignity and integrity which is only commensurate with the Urantia Book. Several have tried and all of the ones I'm familiar with have fallen on their butts because....whatever....fill in the blank ( ______ ). They let troublemakers aboard and have free reign. Allow viscious personal attacks to be perpetrated on other members or upon other persons in the UB readership community who aren't there; not do what they say they are going to do...on and on like this.

And I'm so not impressed and apparently no one else is either. Many or all of these sites still sit on the internet....with few if any users and therefor no meaningful traffic or participation.

I am not alone in giving Maria & Co. the benefit of the doubt with their new effort and even joined right in to help give them this start, and within just a few days she and her brother? Alex, manage to mess up some basic and fundamental things right away and miff many of their new guests strait off.

So too bad so sad. I just hate it for them <_< but they have no one to blame but themselves for the site's troubles.

I further am willing to accept the notion that they have learned or intend to learn from their mistakes and I will wish them well in the future, but I here repeat my sentiment from above that the UB and discussions thereof, on the internet, where lots of sincere folks can and do see and are paying attention, do not deserve to get waylayed by such an amateurish performance.

They've blown their chance with me.....not that they owe me squat or know me from Adam's housecat, but the UB deserves better efforts at outreach than this.

Thanks for your time,

Sincerely, Seraphic Park

SP,

I am not so certain as to who you are referring when you say we have managed to "miff many of their new guests strait off." That is certainly not true at all. We have about 100 members of which you and Bill are the only two unhappy members. So who are all these others? Willing to post their names and comments so that we can learn from their criticisms as well? I would be happy to email them.

The site is going great and we have no "troubles" at all! We actually couldnt be happier about how things are going!

We have gotten a lot of positive feedback. Regardless of criticism good, bad, or whatever...the only person we are to answer to ultimately is Father. And that does not mean according to someone else's opinion on how we should follow Him.

Keep paying attention :-)

Maria

PASTED FROM ANOTHER FORUM[EDITED]

Howdy!

You may not remember me, but my name is

Phil,

Due to the development of this thread, at this

time I am taking action asking for a new plainly

stated RULE to ban posting of letters from other

websites or email Lists not explicitly authorized

by the original author, such as your posting

here of the letter from Alex to you.

You began this thread and now there is

a free-for-all showing blatant disregard for

people's privacy and anonymity. If THEY

WANT to be known here, they can come

here to speak for themselves.

GOSSIP IS INSIDIOUS and DESTRUCTIVE

OF a PERSON'S "GOOD NAME" and can be

equivalent to character assault.

Please consider how your posting of people's

business from other sites or lists discourages

anyone from trusting y/our judgment as to how

to exercise ETHICS within our NEW opportunity

for communication via the Internet.

mod1

I apologize for adding to the problem here. I was only trying to correct inaccuracies. I have Alex's full permission to post anything from him on our site.

Please do not be upset with Phil. He didnt do anything wrong. He announced our new site and what he shared was also sent out to everyone via email. I actually thanked him for posting it here.

The more blatant issue imo would be someone who posts private email exchanges which is what Bill did...not Phil.

I do understand your premise though. Again Im sorry if I only added to the problem.

I apologize for adding to the problem here. I was only trying to correct inaccuracies. I have Alex's full permission to post anything from him on our site.

Please do not be upset with Phil. He didnt do anything wrong. He announced our new site and what he shared was also sent out to everyone via email. I actually thanked him for posting it here.

The more blatant issue imo would be someone who posts private email exchanges which is what Bill did...not Phil.

I do understand your premise though. Again Im sorry if I only added to the problem.

You are gracious, and thank you much for your answers to this.

mod1

This quote is taught over and over in the UB

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

PHIL

Phil,

Due to the development of this thread, at this

time I am taking action asking for a new plainly

stated RULE to ban posting of letters from other

websites or email Lists not explicitly authorized

by the original author, such as your posting

here of the letter from Alex to you.

You began this thread and now there is

a free-for-all showing blatant disregard for

people's privacy and anonymity. If THEY

WANT to be known here, they can come

here to speak for themselves.

GOSSIP IS INSIDIOUS and DESTRUCTIVE

OF a PERSON'S "GOOD NAME" and can be

equivalent to character assault.

Please consider how your posting of people's

business from other sites or lists discourages

anyone from trusting y/our judgment as to how

to exercise ETHICS within our NEW opportunity

for communication via the Internet.

mod1

Phil,

In any case, public posting of people's private letters, even

discussion of persons who cannot speak on their own behalf, is

in need of sincere case-by-case consideration, and warrents

their prior approval or inclusion, don't you agree?

mod1

This quote is taught over and over in the UB

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

PHIL

I tried to reply by email but it didn't post so this may duplicate;

my reply;

Yes I agree but you addressed that admonition to me

and I didn't do that.[others did with no mention from you]

The original post was not private and was even posted by Alex and Maria on

Ubron before I posted it here.

I was trying to bring good news to this group.

The reaction was lets say not very UB like or Golden Ruleish but Very

Christian(:[separation not unity]

p1591:6 141:5.1 One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity.

James Zebedee had asked, "Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?" When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: "James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike?

I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God.

I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality.

What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven.

You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father.

Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

PHIL

your post;

Phil,

>

> In any case, public posting of people's private letters, even

> discussion of persons who cannot speak on their own behalf, is

> in need of sincere case-by-case consideration, and warrents

> their prior approval or inclusion, don't you agree?

Phil,

In any case, public posting of people's private letters, even

discussion of persons who cannot speak on their own behalf, is

in need of sincere case-by-case consideration, and warrents

their prior approval or inclusion, don't you agree?

mod1

Dearest PHIL,

Your research is very good. Your arguments are as well and I agree with your ideas presented here.

However, perhaps, it was how the material, which was often brilliant and from a sweet intent, may have once too often been presented in the language of discontent. Now, here comes the teacher voice? (but not; friend not foe voice, intended) The use of words to be read may be intended for the locker room, as they are often difficult to swallow? My ear hurts when I read them/hear them in my mind. I thought, at one time, I had finally made a friend of your friend. With the mention of him, I find it wonderful that he is happy and wish him well should he read this.

Lovely day on Urantia, to all,

Your faith sister, forever,

Carolyn

I tried to reply by email but it didn't post so this may duplicate;

my reply;

Yes I agree but you addressed that admonition to me

and I didn't do that.[others did with no mention from you]

The original post was not private and was even posted by Alex and Maria on

Ubron before I posted it here.

I was trying to bring good news to this group.

The reaction was lets say not very UB like or Golden Ruleish but Very

Christian(:[separation not unity]

p1591:6 141:5.1 One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity.

James Zebedee had asked, "Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?" When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: "James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike?

I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God.

I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality.

What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven.

You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father.

Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

PHIL

your post;

Phil,

>

> In any case, public posting of people's private letters, even

> discussion of persons who cannot speak on their own behalf, is

> in need of sincere case-by-case consideration, and warrents

> their prior approval or inclusion, don't you agree?

Hi Carolyn;

you wrote;

Now, here comes the teacher voice? (but not; friend not foe voice, intended) The use of words to be read may be intended for the locker room, as they are often difficult to swallow? My ear hurts when I read them/hear them in my mind.

reply;

Now here comes the apple(:

Yes you are right; sometimes we are stubborn in our ways even when someone sincerely

mentions it is offensive to them.

PHIL

Dearest PHIL,

Your research is very good. Your arguments are as well and I agree with your ideas presented here.

However, perhaps, it was how the material, which was often brilliant and from a sweet intent, may have once too often been presented in the language of discontent. Now, here comes the teacher voice? (but not; friend not foe voice, intended) The use of words to be read may be intended for the locker room, as they are often difficult to swallow? My ear hurts when I read them/hear them in my mind. I thought, at one time, I had finally made a friend of your friend. With the mention of him, I find it wonderful that he is happy and wish him well should he read this.

Lovely day on Urantia, to all,

Your faith sister, forever,

Carolyn

Hi Mods and Admin,

This thread was awful from the start.

It sort of served a purpose, in that the

webroom involved "tanked" I heard. Anyway..

i'm glad to MOVE IT HERE FOR discussion

and scrutiny for lessons learned and to be

learned.

Hope this is OK with you all. I can move it AGAIN

if necessary. We are, and were at the time,

challenged with the bad effects of censorship.

I SORT OF know the people from UBRON. I think

they experimented with us.

Ellen/mod1/tempAdmin

Thanks for doing this Ellen.

Mario

Hi Mods and Admin,

This thread was awful from the start.

It sort of served a purpose, in that the

webroom involved "tanked" I heard. Anyway..

i'm glad to MOVE IT HERE FOR discussion

and scrutiny for lessons learned and to be

learned.

Hope this is OK with you all. I can move it AGAIN

if necessary. We are, and were at the time,

challenged with the bad effects of censorship.

I SORT OF know the people from UBRON. I think

they experimented with us.

Ellen/mod1/tempAdmin

Sign in to follow this