Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Sign in to follow this  
John Anngeister

Going Wild

Just when things are getting interesting around here I am signing off for 10 days to spend some time in a tent.

Camp will be social for 5 days, featuring Mrs. A's annual family reunion in the forest. She and her three younger sisters have kept it going yearly since about '97 (except the year their mother died). Our son's coming, who's been living away from home almost a year. Daughter's too busy moving and preparing for law school.

When the reunion ends, the two of us will head out to a more secluded site for the last half of the trip. Hiking, reading, eagle-watching, R&R.

Any summer plans out there?

Thanks for being here, all.

-John

What fun, John!

To have a reunion somebody has to be the spearhead. I want to have a reunion with my family. That means that I am going to have to organize it, put it together. I often think of doing this. I notice that often the person who has the idea or plan for some activity is the person who does the footwork. It seems to always work out that way. People, like me, want to do something fun involving others, but they don't want to do the work of organizing. Maybe this sort of thing is like one of those animal vestigial traits (ease seeking? Procrastination?) mentioned in the UB:

PAPER 48 - THE MORONTIA LIFE

P. 551:03. "One of the purposes of the morontia career is to effect the permanent eradication from the mortal survivors of such animal vestigial traits as procrastination, equivocation, insincerity, problem avoidance, unfairness, and ease seeking. The mansonia life early teaches the young morontia pupils that postponement is in no sense avoidance. After the life in the flesh, time is no longer available as a technique of dodging situations or of circumventing disagreeable obligations."

Anyhow, I envy you going out to be with your family and camping ion a tent!

Enjoy,

Meredith

Sign in to follow this