Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
admin

Claude

It is easy to excuse when so humbly and fragrantly asked Bill,

Thanks much for taking on this service. The web is a tool most essential. One that makes possible in our lifetimes, a global study/service group.

Let's move on, I'm behind what you're doing. Rick

PS Will get on audio hookup asap.

Dear Rick and

all Moderators,

We could begin use of the VOIP with a short Study Group amongst us here on the Forum and any close friends. I know I discussed this quite extensively with James Woodward. He might like to join in. We could set it up for a week or so from now.

What do you think?

Bill

Hi Uguys, I'm looking forward to it. Ellen

Dear Rick and

all Moderators,

We could begin use of the VOIP with a short Study Group amongst us here on the Forum and any close friends. I know I discussed this quite extensively with James Woodward. He might like to join in. We could set it up for a week or so from now.

What do you think?

Bill

Guest U-rantian

Dear Bill and Mod

At present I am without broadband they told I will get connection on the 10 of august so..... anyway I hope we can have a good chat when possible through ventrillo.

Have fun in the conference.

kind regards to all

U-rantian

U-rantian and All,

How about having a study session on August 10 (Sunday) at 3:00 P.M. Eastern time. That makes it evening (9:00P.M.?) for you and 12 noon for Meredith and Ellen. Does that work?

Next:suggestions for topical study or a section to read.

Bill

I'll be there. I'm a little unclear on the time zone conversions though. 3pm EDT is noon PDT right?

U-rantian and All,

How about having a study session on August 10 (Sunday) at 3:00 P.M. Eastern time. That makes it morning (9:00A.M.?) for you and 6:00P.M. for Meredith and Ellen. Does that work?

Bill

Thanks Joe for spotting my mistake. Bill

Guest U-rantian

Hello Bill and all

No problem. That timetable is fine. Many thanks for waiting, I missed broadband. :P

U-rantian

U-rantian and All,

How about having a study session on August 10 (Sunday) at 3:00 P.M. Eastern time. That makes it evening (9:00P.M.?) for you and 12 noon for Meredith and Ellen. Does that work?

Bill

Dear Mods,

I'm running to catch up with you.

This is the "X Zone Problem Posts Claude" topic, but it morphed into setting a time/day to test VOIP.

Can anything be done to make a better selection of the topic we are going to comment upon, as regards the subject under discussion? This is the X Zone. I thought it was for problem posts.

I've been preoccupied with other matters the past several weeks. Hope to be wired for VOIP next week sometime.

Meredith

Dear Rick,

A long talk with Ellen has convinced me I have misjudged you. She has shown me the error of my ways and I humbly ask you to excuse the suspicious manner in which I questioned your motives. At the time of this post, I had just received a questioning email from my ultimate supervisor questioning whether we needed liability insurance for the activities of this forum. Then you posted your reply:

>>>snipped

Respectfully,

Bill Martin

Meredith,

I am probably the worst one for going off topic like this. Yes we do need a dedicated VOIP section. Besides Online study groups, we have the possibility to have special events presentation plus we could broadcast conference presentations. Anybody's laptop with a broadband card can upload Plenaries, etc. for those who couldn't make it.

I am just thinking of ways to increase our business by serving people's interests.

I particularly like the idea of online study groups for "shut-ins."

Bill

Hi Bill.. What do you mean by "shut-ins"?.

I think the internet is a good tool for study... It's a extraordinary tool, like others tool of course, and certaintly I'm thinking about the traditional methods too... And this combination of special events presentation sounds very good.

I'm at your service for everything that you need.

Edited by Jose Alberto Wonsover

Persons who are sick

Persons who are handicapped

Persons who are old (viejos)

We could carry the study to these "shut-ins" (shut up in the house and unable to go to study group)

Bill

Hola Jose Alberto!

I just want to thank you for your contributions to this forum and your presence in the X-zone.

And a belated congratulations for becoming a member of UAI finally.

If you are not already on the UAI email list and are interested in joining the discussion, I'll forward your request to the list admin.

Mario

Jose, i am working on getting you a computer. You told me yours died. I don't seem to be finding any Macintosh. Does it have to be a Mac?

I should be in Guatemala by February and plan to bring one with me. I'll keep trying to find a mac. If anybody knows of decent Macs, let me know so i can take one down on my sailboat.

Bill

Hi friends

Thank you very much Mario. Yes I would like to share with more people and UAI email list I always been thinking is a wonderful tool. I have curiosity. Thank you for your help dear friend Mario.

Yes Bill, I told you my computer have a several problems with the internet connection long time ago. I don't have internet in my house because this problem in my computer. It's a good stuff I think but it's an old computer and sometimes I have problem with "memory ram" because it's a few ram what I need for work and to share and give my work to all my friends, it's for all of us. All days I need to go to "cafe Internet" (internet coffe) and sometimes I don't have problem, but sometimes it's a little difficult and that is the reason why is very few my participation and I would like to participate more in others topics or share more but I can't here and the spanish forum too. Only I can upload the photography or videos and that's it.

I think it's a little obstacle, but it has not been an impediment to give through this years.

I use a mac computer, apple, because for graphic design it's better and combinated with creativity and with a little help and company of our dear Father it's a good tool for study, like othes tools certaintly.

I appreciate your help dear Bill and friends.

Jose Alberto

Edited by Jose Alberto Wonsover