Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
-Scott-

A Purely Spiritual Experience VS Religous Experience

@Absonite the personality recorders, record our individual existence as individual beings at birth in the universe records and I provided a quote that explains that there are children who have not attained status as individuals on the universe records..... IMO that is as clear cut as the u.b gets. You are free to think about this how you like though.

Edited by -Scott-

-Scott- the quotes you provided did not prove anything to me at all.

But as you said, you're free to jump to whatever conclusions you'd like about this issue.

We agree to disagree - and both of us think that the UB supports our respective, and very different, perspectives.

Edited by Absonite

-Scott- the quotes you provided did not prove anything to me at all.

But as you said, you're free to jump to whatever conclusions you'd like about this issue.

We agree to disagree - and both of us think that the UB supports our respective, and very different, perspectives.

Yes :). The u.b is a challenge to decipher and I think it is this way by design. Can't fault an honest effort on both our parts. :)

Regarding one of your original questions of "personality identification" I will probably open up a thread on truthbook.org to continue that conversation later. I am going to leave the contraversial topics for later on this site.

Edited by -Scott-

Yea its hard to believe that this could ever happen. But I do not personally believe that very many mothers fail to awake in the mansion world. IMO 99.999999999 percent of mothers survive this life. "The hand that rocks the cradle fraternizes with destiny". I believe that all those quotes about soul and personality survival are meant also for the mansion world as well.

But yes I love kids , and so did Jesus. IMO it's because in truth they are personalities, even if factually that personality has not functioned yet.

Yes Scott, I think the same love I told you about, has a mother who lost a son to meet him, wherever he/she is.

Love is the most powerful force of the Universe!

Some quotes from Jesus:

(1574.7) 140:5.14 It is easy to teach this admonition even to a child. Children are naturally trustful, and parents should see to it that they do not lose that simple faith. In dealing with children, avoid all deception and refrain from suggesting suspicion. Wisely help them to choose their heroes and select their lifework.

(1575.4) 140:5.19 Children can easily be taught to function as peacemakers. They enjoy team activities; they like to play together. Said the Master at another time: “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it, but whosoever will lose his life shall find it.”

(1241.3) 113:1.1 The teaching about guardian angels is not a myth; certain groups of human beings do actually have personal angels. It was in recognition of this that Jesus, in speaking of the children of the heavenly kingdom, said: “Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones, for I say to you, their angels do always behold the presence of the spirit of my Father.”

Alina

Edited by Alina

I must also admit confusion here...no longer about the fate of pre-Adjuster children - but of the records which appear to conflict (although it is only an appearance and only to some, eh?). I am researching "records - recorders - status - rolls" to identify how many ways by how many agencies are such details of both the individual and the universe that are so recorded. It appears there are material and spiritual records with actual beings acting in the more spiritual realms and morontia records more in the time and space levels. There's much going on and much to record at every level of universe activity - whether source or response - and it appears all celestials, including TAs, are subject to performance "reviews". This descending and ascending and creating is an experiential perfecting - filled with experimentation, free will, superior and inferior, progress, surprises, etc. There are many mortal and morontial achievements or spirit progress and my belief is that there are many records held by many recorders and keepers of records for multiple purposes.

I feel that Scott's primary point has nothing to do with children in the nurseries but, rather, has to do with spiritual progress and its measurement by the mortal in our morontial progression. Scott's generous expectation of survival is a notable ingredient in this....he has not said Father is cruel or unfair or uncaring in His ministries nor that any are deprived of His love and tender mercy. I feel like I've been chewing on the wrong bone in this whole thing. Perhaps we could explore this recording topic a little further? In light of the topic of A Purely Spiritual Experience for it is well documented by many....forever.

(281.2) 25:5.1 From among the tertiary supernaphim in Havona, certain of the senior chief recorders are chosen as Custodians of Records, as keepers of the formal archives of the Isle of Light, those archives which stand in contrast to the living records of registry in the minds of the custodians of knowledge, sometimes designated the “living library of Paradise.”

(281.3) 25:5.2 The recording angels of the inhabited planets are the source of all individual records. Throughout the universes other recorders function regarding both formal records and living records. From Urantia to Paradise, both recordings are encountered: in a local universe, more of the written records and less of the living; on Paradise, more of the living and less of the formal; on Uversa, both are equally available.

(281.4) 25:5.3 Every occurrence of significance in the organized and inhabited creation is a matter of record.

(281.7) 25:6.2 As the recorders advance in universe service, they continue their system of dual recording, thus making their records always available to all classes of beings, from those of the material order to the high spirits of light. In your transition experience, as you ascend from this material world, you will always be able to consult the records of, and to be otherwise conversant with, the history and traditions of your status sphere.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan

Scott's generous expectation of survival is a notable ingredient in this....he has not said Father is cruel or unfair or uncaring in His ministries nor that any are deprived of His love and tender mercy

Yea I honestly do not believe even if a pre-adjuster childs fate is dependent on a parent surviving, that many parents fail to survive. To be iniqitous is incredibly difficult and someone would have to spend massive chunks of their life choosing something that they know is bad. I doubt there are many mothers at all like this. Fathers maybe is a slightly different story though haha, those male serial killers and some of those male murderers may have terminated their passport. A soul cannot be destroyed by ignorance :). At least not in this life. I think slightly more is expected of us on the mansion worlds though.

Edited by -Scott-

(198.6) 17:1.6 On the executive sphere of the seventh superuniverse the staff engaged in keeping straight the affairs of Orvonton runs into numbers beyond human comprehension and embraces practically every order of celestial intelligence. All superuniverse services of personality dispatch (except Inspired Trinity Spirits and Thought Adjusters) pass through one of these seven executive worlds on their universe journeys to and from Paradise, and here are maintained the central registries for all personalities created by the Third Source and Center who function in the superuniverses. The system of material, morontial, and spiritual records on one of these executive worlds of the Spirit amazes even a being of my order.

(201.4) 17:3.6 The formal records of the universes are passed up by and through the angelic recorders, but the true spiritual records are assembled by reflectivity and are preserved in the minds of suitable and appropriate personalities belonging to the family of the Infinite Spirit. These are the live records in contrast with the formal and dead records of the universe, and they are perfectly preserved in the living minds of the recording personalities of the Infinite Spirit.

(436.2) 39:4.16 6. The Recorders. These seraphim are the keepers of the threefold records of the local systems. The temple of records on a system capital is a unique structure, one third material, constructed of luminous metals and crystals; one third morontial, fabricated of the liaison of spiritual and material energy but beyond the range of mortal vision; and one third spiritual. The recorders of this order preside over and maintain this threefold system of records. Ascending mortals will at first consult the material archives, Material Sons and the higher transition beings consult those of the morontia halls, while seraphim and the higher spirit personalities of the realm peruse the records of the spirit section.

(409.4) 37:3.7 The Worlds of the Archangels. The seventh group of the encircling Salvington worlds, with their associated satellites, is assigned to the archangels. Sphere number one and all of its six tributary satellites are occupied by the personality record keepers. This enormous corps of recorders busy themselves with keeping straight the record of each mortal of time from the moment of birth up through the universe career until such an individual either leaves Salvington for the superuniverse regime or is “blotted out of recorded existence” by the mandate of the Ancients of Days.

(409.5) 37:3.8 It is on these worlds that personality records and identification sureties are classified, filed, and preserved during that time which intervenes between mortal death and the hour of repersonalization, the resurrection from death.

(248.5) 22:5.6 The Trinitized Custodians start out their careers as custodians, and they continue as such in the affairs of the supergovernments. In a way, they are officers of their superuniverse governments, but they do not deal with individuals, as do the Celestial Guardians. The Trinitized Custodians administer group affairs and foster collective projects. They are the custodians of records, plans, and institutions; they act as the trustees of undertakings, personality groups, ascendant projects, morontia plans, universe projections, and innumerable other enterprises.

(431.3) 39:2.14 6. The Recorders. These personalities are especially concerned with the reception, filing, and redispatch of the records of Salvington and its associated worlds. They also serve as special recorders for resident groups of superuniverse and higher personalities and as clerks of the courts of Salvington and secretaries to the rulers thereof.

(431.4) 39:2.15 Broadcasters — receivers and dispatchers — are a specialized subdivision of the seraphic recorders, being concerned with the dispatch of records and with the dissemination of essential information. Their work is of a high order, being so multicircuited that 144,000 messages can simultaneously traverse the same lines of energy.