Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Sign in to follow this  
Howard509

The Dark Knight rises as Christian allegory?

Lol no Jesus is not comparable to Batman.

Batman is not even the most virtuous of superheroes, let alone a saint. Jesus is not comparable to any human being that has ever existed and that will ever exist. Superheroes if anything show our human desire to obsess over superhumans. On a normal planet there would be a superbeing of some sort present. IMO because we have no superbeing present to teach us, we create them in stories :).

That being said I do like that that in comics there is very rearly any actual deaths. If only more movies showed characters that are unwilling to go around shooting down people I would be a happy camper :).

Edited by -Scott-

What does this have to do with the Urantia Book?

If you consider that the film has plot points that resemble the life and purpose of Christ. Maybe read the articles and find out. How interesting is it when popular culture reminds people of their need for a Savior?

Edited by Howard509

If someone is smart enough they can rationalize ANYTHING. If you are smart enough you could find connections between every superhero and Jesus, you could find connections between every human and Jesus. The challenge is to make connections that reflect the harmony of the cosmos. Batman is a depressed, sad, emotionally traumatized individual. The character forms no loving relationships to other human beings, his character shows no emotion. He is nothing like Jesus. The only character I am aware of in comics that openly believes in God as his Father is Nightcrawler :).

Edited by -Scott-
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this