Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
JR  Sherrod

What happened to my post?

I just spent about half-an-hour typing an answer to a thread. I was answering a post in Preparing for Scholarly Evaluation of The Urantia Book .

I clicked the button to post my answer. I then spent about 5 minutes watching the "...hold on while I post this..." symbols on the top of the screen. When they were gone, so was my post! I went out to the front of the Topics, and my post wasn't there.

Is it gone? Will I have to attempt to re-capture my thoughts and hope I get it like I had it in the first place?

Can you help me?

Sorry JR, it doesn't show up there. I found it a good idea to copy my text if it's been a long time composing, on all Forums. Painful huh?

The very best and most profound things I've written got eaten before posting. I'm really a lot smarter and more eloquent than the writing which does go thru!! Sorry JR, know your pain. :wacko:

Yup! That's what I figured... Thanks guys, for helping me to smile about it!! :D

• Like 1

Guest EEB aka AASB-AWSW

Just think of it as Big Brother trying to get your attention?

• Like 1

It happened few times also to me. Now i look on it like it was not time to post it.

Don't worry you will write another one, probably even better. ;)

• Like 1

Do you folks know that your posts are autosaved and that you can restore them? I've done that dozens of times. I'm not sure how far back you can go though. I usually do it immediately when I realize that I've lost something. Just go back to the Reply to this topic window and click More Rely Options. In little tiny print on the bottom you'll see View Auto Saved Content. Click that and you'll get it back.

• Like 3

Do you folks know that your posts are autosaved and that you can restore them? I've done that dozens of times. I'm not sure how far back you can go though. I usually do it immediately when I realize that I've lost something. Just go back to the Reply to this topic window and click More Rely Options. In little tiny print on the bottom you'll see View Auto Saved Content. Click that and you'll get it back.

...that sound you just heard is me smacking my forehead! :o Maybe next time I'll have to be original and eloquent only once... Thanks, Bonita!

• Like 2

I couldn't hear your forhead slap due to the loud howl and deep groan of my own...you crack me up JR!! Thanks Bonita. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ok,

I think of myself as rather resourcefull person

but ...

i can't find "more replay options" button <_<

so if someone can be so kind and show this blind person where to look

P.S. I just notice that "Angry" emoticon is missing . Instead there is only blank square :D

• Like 1

Hi Pike,

The More REPLY Options appears at the very bottom of the page under the "Reply to this topic" box.

Not sure what's wrong with the angry emoticon, will confer with the staff.

Thanks!

is "View Autosaved content" ? computer-22.gif

Great emoticon Pike :D

When you click "More Reply Options" you are taken to the full reply screen,. Type in a word, then watch the lower left hand corner of the reply box, after a minute the link "Last Saved" appears, with the time it was saved.

Hi Rick,

I noticed the "Last SAved" message

but... :rolleyes:

how to get the autosaved content?

Pike, after your text has been saved, reload the page, then you will see the link Bonita pointed to: "View Auto Saved Content", it will appear in the lower left of the reply box, click on those words and a box with your saved text will appear. :)