Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers

Yup. Scar tissue is good, very good. It means that the wound has healed. And these wounds are on the inside, on the ego side of the psyche, the child of conflict. Great things come from these battles, but there are scars. And yes, when I reflect on them what I see is the joy of discovery, the relief of recognition of the realization that salvation occurs when you relinquish the ego to the service of living love. Yup, the scars are all good.

• Like 3

Yes, it might take time to heal, but when healed, we realize that the imprint is left to remind us what we should do to hurt us, and if it was not our responsibility also leave us teaching footprint, which could translate into different meanings.Adaptation, for example, is what occurs to me now, acceptance.

And that makes us stronger and a little wiser.

Also, I think that this point has some connection with evolution and the reality of the Supreme. right?

• Like 2

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

Pike said:

Bonita, when you 'touch' your scar doesn't it bring to life reminder on what couse it? if it happen again would it leave another scar? if not, what do you think about your friend new body? aren't we all going to get new morontial bodies? as I remember from TUB it said for every new achivment we become more beautifull, with less scars.

Saying- True beauty comes from within - got totaly new meaning in past year.

peace

Sorry Pike, i had not seen your message. :)

You're right, so, both the physical body and our scars from viscitudes of life.

It's a metaphor, for this case, talking about scars.

Love.

Alina

Edited by Alina
  • Like 2

Also, I think that this point has some connection with evolution and the reality of the Supreme. right?

I don't think you can make any progress in the psychic circles without accumulating some scars. And I don't think you contribute to the Supreme without supreme, circle-making decisions which create those scars.

• Like 2

I don't think you can make any progress in the psychic circles without accumulating some scars. And I don't think you contribute to the Supreme without supreme, circle-making decisions which create those scars.

Bonita, I agree, any progress can be made without some scars or marks of live.

What I believe also is that if the Supreme evolves through our growth, and we grow and we're becoming wiser and experienced then, sometimes (not always) by the teachings that leave those scars- experiences, then is possible we get a relationship.

(1304.2) 118:9.9 God the Supreme is the personalization of all universe experience, the focalization of all finite evolution, the maximation of all creature reality, the consummation of cosmic wisdom, the embodiment of the harmonious beauties of the galaxies of time, the truth of cosmic mind meanings, and the goodness of supreme spirit values...

Alina

Edited by Alina
  • Like 3

Hi All:

Wittgenstein, a prominent 20th century philosopher concluded that what philosophers really wants to say cannot be said, it must be shown.

This is precisely what Jesus taught and how he taught. It was not enough to tell the truth to the apostles, he had to show them. Parables employed a technique that recruited the TA in the 'showing' of Truth. Experience shows us evolving Truth in an ever more accelerated pace with the assistance of the Spirit of Truth, our TA , the Spirit of the Spirit, and our Guardian Angel.

Scars are evidence of experience. Jesus did not stop at telling us the Way to The Father, he shows us the Way. He was not so concerned with the written word or even so much with the spoken word. He well knew the limitations of language. He instructed the apostles to live the gospel and show those they would serve as Jesus showed them. Always would he say, Follow me. We can serve the Supreme by living the gospel and showing our brothers the Way. The Supreme is not completed until we 'ALL' are completed.

Regards, Louis

• Like 5

Who was the old radical who said, "Nobody is free until everybody is!"

• Like 1

Guest As-Within-So-Without

It would appear Bonita, that you are correct, but are your scars in balance with your cosmic growth?

(1209.1) 110:6.1 The sum total of personality realization on a material world is contained within the successive conquest of the seven psychic circles of mortal potentiality. Entrance upon the seventh circle marks the beginning of true human personality function. Completion of the first circle denotes the relative maturity of the mortal being. Though the traversal of the seven circles of cosmic growth does not equal fusion with the Adjuster, the mastery of these circles marks the attainment of those steps which are preliminary to Adjuster fusion.

(1209.2) 110:6.2 The Adjuster is your equal partner in the attainment of the seven circles — the achievement of comparative mortal maturity. The Adjuster ascends the circles with you from the seventh to the first but progresses to the status of supremacy and self-activity quite independent of the active co-operation of the mortal mind.

(1209.3) 110:6.3 The psychic circles are not exclusively intellectual, neither are they wholly morontial; they have to do with personality status, mind attainment, soul growth, and Adjuster attunement. The successful traversal of these levels demands the harmonious functioning of the entire personality, not merely of some one phase thereof. The growth of the parts does not equal the true maturation of the whole; the parts really grow in proportion to the expansion of the entire self — the whole self — material, intellectual, and spiritual.

(1209.4) 110:6.4 When the development of the intellectual nature proceeds faster than that of the spiritual, such a situation renders communication with the Thought Adjuster both difficult and dangerous. Likewise, overspiritual development tends to produce a fanatical and perverted interpretation of the spirit leadings of the divine indweller. Lack of spiritual capacity makes it very difficult to transmit to such a material intellect the spiritual truths resident in the higher superconsciousness. It is to the mind of perfect poise, housed in a body of clean habits, stabilized neural energies, and balanced chemical function — when the physical, mental, and spiritual powers are in triune harmony of development — that a maximum of light and truth can be imparted with a minimum of temporal danger or risk to the real welfare of such a being. By such a balanced growth does man ascend the circles of planetary progression one by one, from the seventh to the first.

. . . .

(1210.1) 110:6.6 Every decision you make either impedes or facilitates the function of the Adjuster; likewise do these very decisions determine your advancement in the circles of human achievement. It is true that the supremacy of a decision, its crisis relationship, has a great deal to do with its circle-making influence; nevertheless, numbers of decisions, frequent repetitions, persistent repetitions, are also essential to the habit-forming certainty of such reactions.

(1210.2) 110:6.7 It is difficult precisely to define the seven levels of human progression, for the reason that these levels are personal; they are variable for each individual and are apparently determined by the growth capacity of each human being. . . . .

. . . .

(1210.6) 110:6.11 As the circles are traversed, the child of material evolution is growing into the mature human of immortal potentiality. The shadowy reality of the embryonic nature of a seventh circler is giving way to the clearer manifestation of the emerging morontia nature of a local universe citizen.

. . . .

I have read in these posts, regarding the Supreme; that the Supreme Being does not emerge until all have achieved Supreme Status. However, it would seem that in the following quote it is more on an individual evolving soul’s experiential relationship with the Supreme Being through conscious understanding of being part of the universal collective, commonality or citizenship. Therefore it seems to be a joint effort to balance the levels of psychic circles or cosmic levels between the individual and their Adjuster as they progress through the ascension process

(1211.1) 110:6.16 Perhaps these psychic circles of mortal progression would be better denominated cosmic levels — actual meaning grasps and value realizations of progressive approach to the morontia consciousness of initial relationship of the evolutionary soul with the emerging Supreme Being. And it is this very relationship that makes it forever impossible fully to explain the significance of the cosmic circles to the material mind. These circle attainments are only relatively related to God-consciousness. A seventh or sixth circler can be almost as truly God-knowing — sonship conscious — as a second or first circler, but such lower circle beings are far less conscious of experiential relation to the Supreme Being, universe citizenship. The attainment of these cosmic circles will become a part of the ascenders’ experience on the mansion worlds if they fail of such achievement before natural death.

(1211.2) 110:6.17 The motivation of faith makes experiential the full realization of man’s sonship with God, but action, completion of decisions, is essential to the evolutionary attainment of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being. Faith transmutes potentials to actuals in the spiritual world, but potentials become actuals in the finite realms of the Supreme only by and through the realization of choice-experience. But choosing to do the will of God joins spiritual faith to material decisions in personality action and thus supplies a divine and spiritual fulcrum for the more effective functioning of the human and material leverage of God-hunger. Such a wise co-ordination of material and spiritual forces greatly augments both cosmic realization of the Supreme and morontia comprehension of the Paradise Deities.

The Supreme Being has always existed but is only realized by the whole self.

I do hope you all know that fusion and unbroken communion with God are not the same thing. Jesus had an unbroken communion with God his entire life but it took him over 31 years to get to fusion status.

Jesus is an inspiration, not an example and it can be frustrating to attempt to emulate Him. Undoubtedly He was in unbroken communion, but he was from Paradise.

Enoch and Elijah must also have reached a perfection of will in one life on this planet. That is much different than saying Jesus did it so why can't I do it.

As far as pain and suffering and psychic level ascension goes I can truthfully say I have learned much for from the pains of my failures than ever from the glory of successes.

Jesus is an inspiration, not an example and it can be frustrating to attempt to emulate Him. Undoubtedly He was in unbroken communion, but he was from Paradise.

Jesus' unbroken communion IS the example he set for us. It was not his actual life, but how he lived his life that is an example. Prior to baptism, there was nothing at all different about Jesus and his ability to commune with his Father than the rest of us.

The fact that his personality is from Paradise is not an excuse because our personalities are from Paradise too. What made Jesus different from us, while he lived here on Earth, was only evident after his baptism, and that was his Creator prerogatives. We are not Creators but we share the same mind as one who is: "let the mind which was in Christ be also in you."

p640:1 56:4.2 Such unifying creativity of all creature personality is a birthmark of its high and exclusive source and is further evidential of its unbroken contact with this same source through the personality circuit, by means of which the personality of the creature maintains direct and sustaining contact with the Father of all personality on Paradise.

Jesus is not a LITERAL example for us; we cannot become him because he has his own personality, nor can we attain his Creatorship, but we can maintain an unbroken communion with the Father, just like he did. In regards to a relationship with the Father, Jesus set the example we are meant to follow. And of course we can do it if we want to. The more we do it, the greater and stronger it becomes; and in my opinion, the greater and stronger it becomes, the less likely it will be broken.

p2065:8 194:3.20 Prayer does not move the divine heart to liberality of bestowal, but it does so often dig out larger and deeper channels wherein the divine bestowals may flow to the hearts and souls of those who thus remember to maintain unbroken communion with their Maker through sincere prayer and true worship.

• Like 2

(1209.3) 110:6.3 The psychic circles are not exclusively intellectual, neither are they wholly morontial; they have to do with personality status, mind attainment, soul growth, and Adjuster attunement. The successful traversal of these levels demands the harmonious functioning of the entire personality, not merely of some one phase thereof. The growth of the parts does not equal the true maturation of the whole; the parts really grow in proportion to the expansion of the entire self — the whole self — material, intellectual, and spiritual.

Reading this paragraph it would seem that we are not actually a "whole-self" unless we have a harmonious co-ordination from of personality of our material,intellectual and spiritual "self". This reminds me of the part about the 3 intuitions, I wonder if the u.b is implying that "few humans" dare to think like as whole-selves. Or stated otherwise

...“But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.”

Causation, Duty and Worship sounds very similar to material, intellectual and spiritual :).

P192:5, 16:6.9 These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures. The experience of living never fails to develop these three cosmic intuitions; they are constitutive in the self-consciousness of reflective thinking. But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.

So if few human beings are actually "taking delight" in thinking this way. Than are we to assume that most human beings are only thinking similar to a high functioning animal? "Just collecting data and rationalizing it" :blink: . I wouldn't even think is possible to love without a "whole self".

Edited by boomshuka

So if few human beings are actually "taking delight" in thinking this way. Than are we to assume that most human beings are only thinking similar to a high functioning animal?

I don't know if it's MOST, but it's an alarming number. It's so alarming they've started measures to conserve the higher spiritual types.

110:4.6 For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.

Remember that anyone making it to the 3rd psychic circle gets a self-acting Adjuster.

110:6.22 The great days in the individual careers of Adjusters are: first, when the human subject breaks through into the third psychic circle, thus insuring the Monitor’s self-activity and increased range of function (provided the indweller was not already self-acting); then, when the human partner attains the first psychic circle, and they are thereby enabled to intercommunicate, at least to some degree; and last, when they are finally and eternally fused.

That means that more and more people are stuck in the seventh through fourth psychic circles. And also remember that people don't break away from their animal-mind until they get to the third psychic circle.

113:1.8 When a mortal mind breaks through the inertia of animal legacy and attains the third circle of human intellectuality and acquired spirituality, a personal angel (in reality two) will henceforth be wholly and exclusively devoted to this ascending mortal. And thus these human souls, in addition to the ever-present and increasingly efficient indwelling Thought Adjusters, receive the undivided assistance of these personal guardians of destiny in all their efforts to finish the third circle, traverse the second, and attain the first.

• Like 2

Yea I guess there will always be a lot more struggle to think as a (whole-self) untill we get to the 3rd circle. It is nice to know that struggle to think properly is reduced at the 3rd level.

A lot of the concepts in the u.b seem to be hinged on human beings who are functioning as "whole-selves". For example, this kind of ties into the Jesus discussion. I do not believe that actual Love is experienced unless we are functioning with a whole-hearted self I mean honestly (God is love) he is not a mushy feeling, Love is way up there in terms of meaning. The papers of Jesus may be slightly out of the grasp of most human beings, untill they can learn to be a unified person. Etleast that is how I have sort of read into this and of coarse one of the best way IMO to understand how we can actually function as a whole self is threw the u.b providing us with an opportunity for self revelation by giving us an understanding of human beings. Sort of an auto-revelation I guess.

Another example of how this may come into play IMO is the concept of the "heart". I kind of read into this that if you can function as a whole self you have that heart already there to access and you can discover god threw this temple within the heart, or within the unified self. Where as someone who has never functioned as a unified self, or never experienced real living and real thinking as Jesus instructed has never actually fully experienced his own heart and could not actually discover god within himself untill he is able to developed his morale nature and reached up and grab a hold of spirit.

2084.5) 195:10.5 In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers — so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve.

I just highlighted this, to illustrate what I was saying (not many human beings seem to actually be living and loving). If we are not living as a unified self it seems to me that in the authors eyes we are not really (living). I do not mean that literally, but within the context of this statement.

192.5) 16:6.9 These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures.The experience of living never fails to develop these three cosmic intuitions; they are constitutive in the self-consciousness of reflective thinking. But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.

I guess if we are not living as unified selves we are somewhere in this area...

193.4) 16:7.5 When man fails to discriminate the ends of his mortal striving, he finds himself functioning on the animal level of existence.
Edited by boomshuka
  • Like 1