Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers

Those are helpfull quotes Bonita, how much truth do you think is this analogy? The "ALL IS ONE" Supreme Being reacts to God or the "ALL THERE IS"

Not sure I fully understand the question. There is the quote which says that when man acts the Supreme reacts, so in that sense man and Supreme are intertwined in the unfolding of reality. The Supreme is not all there is. There's more. There's always more.

118:10.11 The love of the Father operates directly in the heart of the individual, independent of the actions or reactions of all other individuals; the relationship is personal — man and God. The impersonal presence of Deity (Almighty Supreme and Paradise Trinity) manifests regard for the whole, not for the part. The providence of the overcontrol of Supremacy becomes increasingly apparent as the successive parts of the universe progress in the attainment of finite destinies. As the systems, constellations, universes, and superuniverses become settled in light and life, the Supreme increasingly emerges as the meaningful correlator of all that is transpiring, while the Ultimate gradually emerges as the transcendental unifier of all things.

I think the analogy is implying that the Supreme being is the "All is One" (unification of all). As opposed to God who is the "All there is"( the infinite diversity and source of all).

Edited by boomshuka

Okay, still doesn't make sense to me . . . but my perspective on these things is very different from most.

I think the saying is implying that the oneness of all created finite reality is the Supreme Being. Almost like the one true unifying identity of the created universe?

Edited by boomshuka

Sorta like this?

116:4.1 The unity of the Supreme Whole is dependent on the progressive unification of the finite parts; the actualization of the Supreme is resultant from, and productive of, these very unifications of the factors of supremacy — the creators, creatures, intelligences, and energies of the universes.

• Like 1

BONITA Said:

"No one will know the Supreme until every single personality in existence is capable of knowing him and then it will happen all at the same time. Everyone will know the Supreme simultaneously in one big event. Talk about a harmonic convergence. I'm sure there has never been such a sublime event. Can you imagine the entire grand universe reacting all at once, simultaneously to this wondrous and glorious accomplishment? It will make what was experienced at Pentecost look trifling in comparison."

I Agree,

There will be many wondrous exaltations in the unity that will become with the finality of Supremacy. First, a big party, like every one who is everyone will be there. Party favors from the deities such as seventh stage spirit attainment for those ascenders who did not, or chose not, to trinitize. And after all the enjoyment and satisfaction are fulfilled...then will the newly unified universe, under the leadership of the Finite God, boldly strike forth upon the continuing adventure of discovering new manifestations of Deity on Supreme-Ultimate levels. There will , no doubt, be surprises (outerspacers?) but we will probably continue on in new roles helping the Divine Ministers and Creator Sons ...in outer space!

check this out,

P.1304 - §1 "In the eternity of the past the Father and the Son found union in the unity of the expression of the Infinite Spirit. If, in the eternity of the future, the Creator Sons and the Creative Spirits of the local universes of time and space should attain creative union in the realms of outer space, what would their unity create as the combined expression of their divine natures? It may well be that we are to witness a hitherto unrevealed manifestation of Ultimate Deity, a new type of superadministrator. Such beings would embrace unique prerogatives of personality, being the union of personal Creator, impersonal Creative Spirit, mortal-creature experience, and progressive personalization of the Divine Minister. Such beings could be ultimate in that they would embrace personal and impersonal reality, while they would combine the experiences of Creator and creature. Whatever the attributes of such third persons of these postulated functioning trinities of the creations of outer space, they will sustain something of the same relation to their Creator Fathers and their Creative Mothers that the Infinite Spirit does to the Universal Father and the Eternal Son."

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!.

(Sounds like trinitization to me)

• Like 2

I wonder if a devotion to supreme values, may have something to do with the supreme being....

And the outstanding characteristics of all religions are: unquestioning loyalty and wholehearted devotion to supreme values
It is intersting that after this quote they say this...
This religious devotion to supreme values is shown in the relation of the supposedly irreligious mother to her child and in the fervent loyalty of nonreligionists to an espoused cause.
Lol just find it ironic that they call the Supreme being "god the mother" and the next sentence after supreme values is about a mother....Also it would seem that utilizing the cosmic mind could also lead some human experiences with the Supreme Being.

Nice quote Bill. Indeed the future seems to hold so much for the Supreme :) and Ultimate.

Edited by boomshuka
  • Like 1

Bill, I'm so glad you share my enthusiasm about this event. I can't even imagine it, really. To have spirit dominant in actuality is like a dream come true. Forget about messiahs and world peace . . . supremacy knocks it out of the park.

117:1.3 The grand universe contains the possibility of, and ever seeks for, complete unification, and this grows out of the fact that this cosmic existence is a consequence of the creative acts and the power mandates of the Paradise Trinity, which is unqualified unity. This very trinitarian unity is expressed in the finite cosmos in the Supreme, whose reality becomes increasingly apparent as the universes attain to the maximum level of Trinity identification.

And as for the Trinity, this Supremacy event marks completed perfection of finite reaction to and identification with the Trinity in a relational way. The Trinity continues to be qualified in manifestation by God the Ultimate.

10:8.2 The Ultimate is a qualified manifestation of the Trinity in relation to the absonite only in the sense that the Supreme thus partially represents the Trinity in relation to the finite.

• Like 2

(1165.4) 106:2.7 God the Supreme is experiential; therefore is he completely experiencible

5.5) 106:2.8 Within the completed power-personality synthesis of the Supreme Being there will be associated all of the absoluteness of the several triodities which could be so associated, and this majestic personality of evolution will be experientially attainable and understandable by all finite personalities. When ascenders attain the postulated seventh stage of spirit existence, they will therein experience the realization of a new meaning-value of the absoluteness and infinity of the triodities as such is revealed on subabsolute levels in the Supreme Being, who is experiencible. But the attainment of these stages of maximum development will probably await the co-ordinate settling of the entire grand universe in light and life.

• Like 1

We are literally creating the Supreme Being. and the following quote makes the Supreme even more real for me:

P.1282 - §5 The Supreme Being evolves by virtue of his liaison with the Paradise Trinity and in consequence of the divinity successes of the creator and administrator children of that Trinity. Man's immortal soul evolves its own eternal destiny by association with the divine presence of the Paradise Father and in accordance with the personality decisions of the human mind. What the Trinity is to God the Supreme, the Adjuster is to evolving man.

This gives me pause each time I consider this.

• Like 2

Agree Bill, it is both a privelege and an obligation, eh? I am convinced that the Supreme is, by one definition and process, "becoming" its potential by the over-time aggregation of every single free will choice of survival quality and every realization of truth experience and every transcendent moment of greater enlightment by every single ascender on all 7 trillion worlds and all Mansion experiences and all fusions and every finaliter attainment. And probably those experiences by those who attain finaliter status too. Now our little aggregation is not so much to add by volume or mass perhaps, but every ascender does contribute a unique quality to our little dab of quantity which affects the eventuation of the Supreme's potentiality. This means, if correct, that every finaliter will have a very personal connection to the Supreme when that relationship becomes personalized in the "future", no? Peace.

• Like 2

I have sort of came to the semi-conclusion, that the best way to experience the Supreme Being as just beginning mortals is probably threw a relationship with MIchael and a devotion to Supreme Values. :)

And the outstanding characteristics of all religions are: unquestioning loyalty and wholehearted devotion to supreme values
Edited by boomshuka
  • Like 1

I think the best way to experience the Supreme is choosing to do the will of God.

117:6.4 The act of the creature's choosing to do the will of the Creator is a cosmic value and has a universe meaning which is immediately reacted to by some unrevealed but ubiquitous force of co-ordination, probably the functioning of the ever-enlarging action of the Supreme Being.

• Like 1

Guest As-Within-So-Without

I think the best way to experience the Supreme is choosing to do the will of God.

117:6.4 The act of the creature's choosing to do the will of the Creator is a cosmic value and has a universe meaning which is immediately reacted to by some unrevealed but ubiquitous force of co-ordination, probably the functioning of the ever-enlarging action of the Supreme Being.

I have been working on a topic "The Will of Our Father" but, I would be interested to know what others actually think what the Will of God or the Father actually is? It is very interesting that the UB uses a variation of phraseology to reference the Fathers Will, but is it easier said then to know what the Will of our Father really is?

Even in the quote above it states that it is "a cosmic value and has a universe meaning" and reacts as force but, even the quote seems to not be sure, in that it uses the word "probably" to assume its function that we choose in response of doing something that may not be definable?

Hi All:

Regarding The Father's Will, I often refer to the life of Jesus and remember that he made no move without consulting The Father. The most trifling of daily mundane decisions were made in conference with The Father in heaven. Praying without ceasing, a continuous oneness with God.

I got the impression that to begin with we should get into the habit of simply asking God what we are to do in each and every decision we make in our daily lives. It will seem miraculous, but answers will be forthcoming in some form or fashion. It takes great effort and practice but the rewards are immeasurable. Ask and you will surly receive. Set your programming to receive.

Regards, Louis

• Like 5

I think Louis is right...it is God's will that we "seek": His will...not that we know it in every circumstance or choice. However, God's will can be found always in love with the proper perspective, maturity, and time unit of context. So His will is an attitude of approach and presentation of love within every choice and in the moment of every vicisitude or situation. This may not prevent error/evil, but it should always avoid sin. Experience reduces even error when this "attitude" is maintained, no? God's will is progress in the Spirit and thereby, the progress of each is for the Supreme and His "becoming".

The ascender's choosing God's will has cosmic value to the Supreme.

• Like 3

Hi All:

Regarding The Father's Will, I often refer to the life of Jesus and remember that he made no move without consulting The Father. The most trifling of daily mundane decisions were made in conference with The Father in heaven. Praying without ceasing, a continuous oneness with God.

I got the impression that to begin with we should get into the habit of simply asking God what we are to do in each and every decision we make in our daily lives. It will seem miraculous, but answers will be forthcoming in some form or fashion. It takes great effort and practice but the rewards are immeasurable. Ask and you will surly receive. Set your programming to receive.

Regards, Louis

Hi Louis. I agree that a life of ceaseless prayer is the only way to live. To live in the perpetual presence of God is God's will provided there is a perpetual give and take, a relationship. It's so very simple yet many tend to complicate it and ritualize it. I think many fall into the erroneous thinking and expectation that God will tell them what to do at every turn. But in truth, God never tells us what to do; he can't do that because of his respect for free will. God can't tell us what to do, but he does help us with how to think about what to do.

What talking to God does is open the heart to possibilities and when the heart is tuned into heavenly possibilities, those possibilities with supreme value, it is more likely to discover, recognize, interpret and choose them. All God does is offer us the best, we just have to be willing to discover it, recognize it when we see it, interpret it in the light of our lives with the help of the Spirit of Truth, and act upon it. That's when the Supreme feels the repercussions of our choice to do God's will. That's when another little piece of the story gets written in the living book of experience. That's when you feel a cosmic connection to the universe and momentarily forget yourself.

• Like 5

We do know it is possible to stay in spiritual communion with the Father, Michael did it here on this planet. Others came up through evolution to achieve perfection of will and fused in the flesh.

• Like 1

I do hope you all know that fusion and unbroken communion with God are not the same thing. Jesus had an unbroken communion with God his entire life but it took him over 31 years to get to fusion status.

I do hope you all know that fusion and unbroken communion with God are not the same thing. Jesus had an unbroken communion with God his entire life but it took him over 31 years to get to fusion status.

Hi,

what is 30 years in eternity? :)

they even say that 250 000 years of dealing with rebelion happened almost in an instance :)))

• Like 1

Well, it may seem like the blink of an eye in universe consciousness, but here on terra firma 31 years requires a whole lot of living. What took Jesus 31+ years will probably take me 31 thousand or maybe 31 million years, which is also just a blink of an eye in universe consciousness, but I can't imagine it. My 61 years have been brutal. I mean I'm nothing but scar tissue . . . what's another couple of million going to do to me? I don't know, but God I hope it buffs and shines those scars.

Speaking of that. I had a dream once that left an impression on me. I'm not saying that the dream has anything to do with reality or truth, but somehow it rang my deep bells. My best friend passed away in '08. We were almost what some would call soul-mates. About 3 months after he died I had a dream of him emerging from a tubular contrivance with a new body and that new body was squeaky clean, very pink and shiny, unlike anything I've ever seen. It almost looked like glistening plastic. Why pink? I really don't know. It was definitely alien looking. Anyway . . . where was I going with that? Oh yeah . . . that man had a truly hard life and if there is anyone who could say that he was nothing but scar tissue, he's the one. But in my dream I saw him with new healthy, resilient skin like I've never seen before. Now, he's far,far,far from fusion, just like the rest of us. But I'm absolutely certain that he's looking forward to a couple of million years on the mansion worlds getting buffed and shined.

• Like 2

Guest As-Within-So-Without

Well, it may seem like the blink of an eye in universe consciousness, but here on terra firma 31 years requires a whole lot of living. What took Jesus 31+ years will probably take me 31 thousand or maybe 31 million years, which is also just a blink of an eye in universe consciousness, but I can't imagine it. My 61 years have been brutal. I mean I'm nothing but scar tissue . . . what's another couple of million going to do to me? I don't know, but God I hope it buffs and shines those scars.

. . . .

Is it not those personal scars that make up the sum total of a persons experience in this life? One must use this experience to adjust thinking to understand the present and how one got here. Is it not experience that builds the Supreme to the Ultimate to trinitize to become the Supreme-Ultimate? Therefore, why do we take those scars and just put them away waiting for another life to start the scaring over again. Have we not learned from this life? Can one's scars not benefit the dual self and others. If we do not learn from the past and apply those things to the present, then the future will undoubtedly just repeat itself in vain. Fusion can occur at any time once you believe it can. The UB tells you how, but you may need to step outside of the UB Box to see it.

Bonita, when you 'touch' your scar doesn't it bring to life reminder on what couse it? if it happen again would it leave another scar? if not, what do you think about your friend new body? aren't we all going to get new morontial bodies? as I remember from TUB it said for every new achivment we become more beautifull, with less scars.

Saying- True beauty comes from within - got totaly new meaning in past year.

peace

• Like 1

Hi Bonita, I think life too easy, almost never the best for us, for our spiritual growth.

Remember this quote?

(1191.6) 108:5.5 The Mystery Monitors are not thought helpers; they are thought adjusters. They labor with the material mind for the purpose of constructing, by adjustment and spiritualization, a new mind for the new worlds and the new name of your future career.Their mission chiefly concerns the future life, not this life. They are called heavenly helpers, not earthly helpers. They are not interested in making the mortal career easy; rather are they concerned in making your life reasonably difficult and rugged, so that decisions will be stimulated and multiplied. The presence of a great Thought Adjuster does not bestow ease of living and freedom from strenuous thinking,but such a divine gift should confer a sublime peace of mind and a superb tranquillity of spirit.

Alina

• Like 2