Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

What I learned today

hello to all,

I havent writte nothing for some time now on this forum but I followed every post.

I am right now going through strange phase of realisation. Father and Jesus follow me on this path and for that I'm very greatfull.

I think that as a part of this process, today was served to me documentary "On day on earth" .

If you find time search it on web.

It is really impresive.

peace be with you all

• Like 2

Hi Pike!

Yes I am always looking programs on our Urantia.

How does the perspective and the feeling deepens when we know its history as the UB

account!

Although physics nature of the planet always attracted me, it looks different when we know something more.right?

As I'm here... I learned today that we often take for granted our earthly home and so must be.

It is true that nature is not the reason of worship but what is "behind" when pass beyond

the mere physical observation. To admire the beauty, though imperfect of Urantia is too learning to look more and more beauty and goodness in all.

A quote of Early Childhood of Jesus:

(1360.5) 123:3.10 Much of his spare time — when his mother did not require his help about the house — was spent studying the flowers and plants by day and the stars by night. He evinced a troublesome penchant for lying on his back and gazing wonderingly up into the starry heavens long after his usual bedtime in this well-ordered Nazareth household.

Love.

Alina

• Like 3

I had a beautifull dream this morning and I wanted to share it before it disapears.

I had a call from a person that he is comming and to go and meet him in aranged place.

I started emidiatly for this place. I was walking ont the path through the wood. on one place i had to go through high sharp grass but I didn't stop, I kept going.

Finnaly I got to the mill. The mill was powered by small stream. I follwed the stream for 50 metars and I arrived. I knew that that was the place.

in this place stream was very wide and shallow. In the midle there was a big tree. water was comming down the tree also. from the tree there was hanging a slinger right above the watter.

I was so impresed and touched by this scene.

and finaly mistery person arrived. it was very emotional meeting, and it was the first time we have met.

anyway, I know that this was just a dream but it was such a nice and impressive one with very beautiful colors.

peace be with you

• Like 1

Pike,It's very nice to have beautiful dreams! :D

Let's remember this!

(1347.3) 122:4.1 Joseph did not become reconciled to the idea that Mary was to become the mother of an extraordinary child until after he had experienced a very impressive dream. In this dream a brilliant celestial messenger appeared to him and, among other things, said: “Joseph, I appear by command of Him who now reigns on high, and I am directed to instruct you concerning the son whom Mary shall bear, and who shall become a great light in the world. In him will be life, and his life shall become the light of mankind. He shall first come to his own people, but they will hardly receive him; but to as many as shall receive him to them will he reveal that they are the children of God.” After this experience Joseph never again wholly doubted Mary’s story of Gabriel’s visit and of the promise that the unborn child was to become a divine messenger to the world.

peace to you too!

Alina

• Like 1

hi Alina,

most of dreams are fast forgoten,

but I have few which I remeber without problems.

one which I had 10 years ago, I remember to details

• Like 1

Hello Pike! :)

Everything is so complex these days.Every day we have to relearn how to adapt to new situations.

Whenever this happened, of course, but now is more accelerated.Not happen every ten

years,society is much more complex now!

(1772.4) 160:1.3 The more complex civilizationbecomes, the more difficult will become the

art of living. The more rapid the changes in social usage, the more complicated will become the task of character development. Every ten generations mankind must learn anew the art of living if progress is to continue. And if man becomes so ingenious that he more rapidly adds to the complexities of society, the art of living will need to be remastered in less time, perhaps every single generation. If the evolution of the art of living fails to keep pace with the technique of existence, humanity will quickly revert to the simple urge of living — the attainment of the satisfaction of present desires. Thus will humanity remain immature; society will fail in growing up to full maturity.

Love

Alina

• Like 2

Hi Alina!

Ah, the Art of Living! For me the art of living is going on all the time. I just learned more about what Jesus said about forbearance and forgiveness when someone does what seems to me to be a wrongdoing (something mean and hurtful) against me, or one of my family members.

The one trait which Peter most admired in Jesus was his supernal tenderness. Peter never grew weary of contemplating Jesus' forbearance. He never forgot the lesson about forgiving the wrongdoer,
not only seven times but seventy times and seven
. He thought much about these impressions of the Master's forgiving character during those dark and dismal days immediately following his thoughtless and unintended denial of Jesus in the high priest's courtyard.

P.1551 - §1; PAPER 139,
http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-139-twelve-apostles

What I learned is I have to forgive and forgive and forgive many times over. After all, God, too, forgives me over and over and over! I am not perfect, but the imitation of God is the key to perfection:

The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

P.1221 - §3; PAPER 111,
http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-111-adjuster-and-soul

All the best,

Meredith

• Like 3

hi Meredith and Alina,

"Be pearfect, just as I am perfect"

this is sentence which is allways on my mind.

and which makes me sad and ashame when I'm in error.

peace be with you

• Like 3

Thank you very much Meredith and Pike!

Certainly so! What else to say!

Love for you...

(2018.1) 188:5.2...Jesus brought a new method of living to Urantia. He taught us not to resist evil but to find through him a goodness which effectually destroys evil. The forgiveness of Jesus is not condonation; it is salvation from condemnation. Salvation doesnot slight wrongs; it makes them right. Truelove does not compromise nor condone hate; it destroys it. The love of Jesus is never satisfied with mere forgiveness. The Master’s love implies rehabilitation, eternal survival. It is altogether proper to speak of salvation as redemption if you mean this eternal rehabilitation.
Edited by Alina
  • Like 3

"Be pearfect, just as I am perfect"

this is sentence which is allways on my mind.

and which makes me sad and ashame when I'm in error.

Thank you Pike for reminding me to mention I also have to forgive myself when I am in error.

Here's a silly self-test I do to find out how long it takes me to forgive myself. When I goof up, I look at the clock to see what time it is and make note of it. In a while I check myself to see if I am still in a mode of self-deprecation. I look at the clock again. My goal is to stop putting myself down for some error. I use the clock to see how long it took me to stop it. I stop it much more quickly than before.

God is constantly forgiving me, so I must forgive myself too.

All the best,

Meredith

• Like 4

That's very good Merediht!

Learning to forgive ourselves is important because otherwise we do has consequences worse!

So Pike, is to be taken into account. :)

I think we take error as learning and try not to repeat them over and over again.

LOVE

Alina

• Like 2

Hello,

Serenity!

Walking through life with Father, Jesus and Mother Spirit by my side is one really amasing expirience.

Peace be with you

• Like 2

Hi Pike, all!

Not today, but years ago I learned from experience, that I have to control my enthusiasm.

When I began to realize many things transcendent, spiritual, felt I had to count to everybody!

I was eager to convey what makes me happy.

When I tell these experiences always I get the same analog image:

It's like traveling, seeing things and wonderful places and to return to try to tell friends what you've experienced. Impossible! nor words, nor videos, even with all the images you can display.

you have to go there, see for yourself, feel the temperature, the smells ... There are few people

who can transport your mind and get what you want to show.

Error, not always to do this is good, because is reckless.

Discretion is very important!

I realized that enthusiasm excessive is not contagious! Sometimes this is seen by others as ... I do not know how, but not well.

Then I learned to look long before speak and speak ... these issues for us are an important part of our

lives.

Is it the right time? Who am I talking? I am using the right words?

(In Spanish, in English often I do not know :) )

After that stage, I have more careful.When a suitable time say something, but brief but

when I have doubts if there are interest or not according to the result I can add something or

I'll shut up. :D

LOVE

Alina

• Like 2

Hi Alina,

Thinking before speaking is sometimes very hard,

but it can be learned.

When you think before you speak, people thinks you are quiet and person of few words.

I took me very long time to learn that most of the time keeping your mouth shut is probably the best thing I can do.

When attacked the best defense is doing nothing.

Everything happens for a reason and in last few years I learned to wait the reason to show it by itself.

Leaving without fear is making life really great.

Peace be with you

• Like 2

Yes Pike, is the best! :) There is always time to talk, what we said we can not delete it!

Searching found these teachings of Jesus:

(1673.4) 149:4.4 And then Jesus discoursed on the dangers of courage and faith, how they sometimes lead unthinking souls on to recklessness and presumption.He also showed how prudence and discretion, when carried too far, lead to cowardice and failure. He exhorted his hearers to strive for originality while they shunned all tendency toward eccentricity. He pleaded for sympathy without sentimentality, piety without sanctimoniousness. He taught reverence free from fear and superstition.

(1691.4) 151:3.1... When you stand before a multitude of varying intellects and temperaments, you cannot speak different words for each class of hearers, but you can tell a story to convey your teaching; and each group, even each individual, will be able to make his own interpretation of your parable in accordance with his own intellectual and spiritual endowments...

Love...

Alina

• Like 3

Good Day to all!

Hello Pike!

I found something! :)

I've always heard that being good is more important. This is the goodnes is important nobody

could deny. But I found something bigger in the revelaciones it is so much higher concept!

The most important feeling is love! Not enough to be a good person.

Look at the next quote it saids "merely" the kingdom of good.

Obviously without goodness,love could not exist.

"When man loses sight of the love of a personal God, the kingdom of God becomes merely the kingdom of good. Notwithstanding the infinite unity of the divine nature, love is the dominant characteristic of all God’s personal dealings with his creatures."(40.4)

This is the Father's love with his creatures and so should be our love to Him.

LOVE...

Alina

• Like 1

ALL THREE SUMMED UP AS LOVE

1. Truth, beauty, and goodness summed up as love.

“Universal beauty is the recognition of the reflection of the Isle of Paradise in the material creation, while eternal truth is the special ministry of the Paradise Sons who not only bestow themselves upon the mortal races but even pour out their Spirit of Truth upon all peoples. Divine goodness is more fully shown forth in the loving ministry of the manifold personalities of the Infinite Spirit. But love, the sum total of thesethree qualities, is man’s perception of God as his spirit Father.” (647.8) 56:10.17

2. When love is only a sentiment.

“Religious insight possesses the power of turning defeat into higher desires and new determinations. Love is the highest motivation which man may utilize in his universe ascent. But love, divested of truth, beauty, and goodness, is only a sentiment, a philosophic distortion, a psychic illusion, a spiritual deception. Love must always be redefined on successive levels of morontia and spirit progression.” (2096.5) 196:3.29

3. Love is the desire to do good to others.

“To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality. As this love-comprehension of Deity finds spiritual expression in the lives of God-knowing mortals,there are yielded the fruits of divinity:intellectual peace, social progress, moral satisfaction, spiritual joy, and cosmic wisdom. The advanced mortals on a world in the seventh stage of light and life have learned that love is the greatest thing in the universe—and they know that

God is love.

“Love is the desire to do good to others.”(648.3) 56:10.20

http://www.urantia.o...ty-and-goodness

• Like 2

hello,

I'm by business in Bratislava, Slovakia. I'm so amased by history of this city that I have to share it with you.

Before world war 2 in this city lived 3 nations for few centuries. German, Slovakians and Hungarians. all residents spoke all three languages. there where couple of religions. catholic cathedral, jewish sinagoge and greek catholic church were standing beside each other.

brotherhood of men in action!

and then came bad people and destroy everything ;(

• Like 1

Someone described several pictures to me, and from those descriptions I wrote down this picture story to share with you. I tried to capture the main details, but you'll need to fill in the blanks and comprehend the meaning for yourself.

Picture a man carrying a heavy cross on his shoulders everywhere he went. Picture the man praying all the time to God to please lighten the load, because the cross he was carrying was such a heavy burden. Picture the same man meeting another man with a saw. The other man heard him praying for a lighter burden, and he offered to saw the cross in half for him. He sawed the cross in half and the man was greatly relieved.

Picture the man with the short cross arriving at a place on the road where there was a very great chasm. He could see many people already had crossed over it by using their cross as a bridge, but he was stuck on one side of the chasm and could go no farther.

All the best,

Meredith

• Like 2

I woke up with a cold today, as a metter of fact I lay in bed yesterday with it.

Today is already planned but part of me (big part) wished to stay home.

TA was totaly silent which is usually first clue to me that choice is in front of me.

Go the easy way and stay home or do what is planed for today.

Morning pray and decision is made.

I choose the 'hard' way and started the day.

First which I noticed was a lot of colors around me. After short period I started to feel better.

Cold is still here but it doesn't look to me so bad.

I wonder what will this day bring to me?

peace be with you all

• Like 1

Hello,

I must say that I'm surpriesed that when I say to people around me that I follow teachings of Jesus and that I like Jesus,

that people around me look at me like I'm from some other planet :)

some things still didn't change in last 2000 years

peace be wtih you

• Like 2

Do you sing the silence? Yes. The silence sings, speaks, discovered and revealed.

Silence is the color that we give the taste that we provide,the resonance of our spiritual state.

Silence is like the human eye. Use different styles, and speaks all the world's languages​​.

Just decode it with the eyes of the heart.

There are silences because we lack the exact words.

And so eloquent silences that excuse any word.

There is a silence around music and silence brutalized by the noise.

There is a silence evokes memories.

And there is silence looking at what has not yet come.

The first carries the weight of all the good memories.

the second opens the range of possibilities of tomorrow.

There are silences full of promises.

And others that we permanently closed the doors of a happy dream.

There are silences in the fire of love, the moment of possession.

And there is the silence of the mystic, with his eyes fixed on the dark side of God.

There is a silence that strips, where the screams and void of soul increases.

And there silent force that unleashes the potential of our inner richness.

Silent, mysterious bearer of words, thoughts, speech,

silence is the color that we give the taste that we provide,

the resonance of our spiritual state. The silence speaks and communicates.

In the deeper communication word is useless. In the most intense joy the word is poor.

In the most excruciating pain, the word spare.

"Silence is singing a song of love and peace"

• Like 2

Pike has started beautiful theme! :)

I had this poetry, but do not know where but I found the time to share it.

I have others written by me, so stories, some infant based on Revelations, but I'll have to make some changes in terminology to try that approach a bit more to the rhyme of the spanish language.

When the appropriate time I will put here.for whom like poetry.

Thanks in peace and love!

Alina

• Like 2