Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

What I learned today

hello,

I think I will never understand people which enjoy to fight (verbaly).

How do you get them to understand that there are better ways of handling differences in opinion?

peace be with you

• Like 3

hello,

in last few days I have learned that I need a lot to learn.

About the world and about myself

peace

• Like 2

Hi

Pike, me too! but tomorrow, after tomorrow and for many years we will say the same thing! This is beautiful because it moves us and pull forward and upward! :rolleyes:

peace and love

Alina

• Like 2

Hi all!

Today I learned what good is to have the posiblity of to offer a idea hopeful to another person that is passing for a moment no very good in her life.Never we knows when this moment appears front us and is better to be alert for not lost it the oportunity to offered what we have to provide as fruit of our harvest.

There is a saying: No one is so poor as to have nothing to offer, nor so rich that nothing needs to receive.

peace and love

Alina

Edited by Alina
  • Like 2

hello,

did you ever had a feeling that "something" is conspireing to make you do the right thing?

Pike

Must be true Pike! :D

...There truly exists within you a conspiracy of spiritual forces, a confederation of divine powers, whose exclusive purpose is to effect your final deliverance from material bondage and finite handicaps.... P.381 - 3

...With divine selflessness, consummate generosity, the Universal Father relinquishes authority and delegates power, but he is still primal; his hand is on the mighty lever of the circumstances of the universal realms; he has reserved all final decisions and unerringly wields the all-powerful veto scepter of his eternal purpose with unchallengeable authority over the welfare and destiny of the outstretched, whirling, and ever-circling creation.... P.52 - 4

• Like 1

Also, ending the day with a prayer makes it even better yet. In fact, praying all day long, never forgetting to check in and say hello, sharing my thoughts with my very best friend, is really the best ever. All is well when we live every moment of life together. At least that's the way I like it.

Edited by Bonita
  • Like 3

hello,

no metter how strong is my faith I'm always surprised with the power of the prayer.

peace be with you

• Like 1

hello,

today I am overwhelmed by emotions.

I dedicated my prayers to Jesus for tramendeous torture he went through 2000 years ago.

thank you Jesus for beleivieng in us.

• Like 1

Yes Brothers

AMEN

Anyone Know WHY Today IS Called * GOOD * Friday ?

IT Seems Ironic To Call it That Eh

• Like 2

Yup , Indeed A Cruel Ironic Paradox

Heres One Christian Point of View

''What a supreme paradox. We now call the day Jesus was crucified, Good.

Many believe this name simply evolved—as language does. They point to the earlier designation, "God's Friday," as its root. (This seems a reasonable conjecture, given that "goodbye" evolved from "God be with you.")''

http://www.christian...2003/apr18.html

Edited by Coop
  • Like 3

About prayer, someone wrote this:

"Prayer is not a 'spare wheel' that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a 'steering wheel' that directs the right path throughout."

And also:

"Worrying does not take away tomorrows troubles, but it does take away todays peace."

All the best,

Meredith

• Like 2

And here is another one:

"Why is a car windshield so large and the rear view mirror so small? Because our past is no so important as our future. So look ahead and move on."

Cheers!

• Like 2

Meredith is good!

Here one more

We often wonder why God does not answer?.

Why God is silent?

Many of us would answer that He will hear what we want ... but God is not. God answers us even with silence ... We must learn to listen. His Divine Silence, are words intended to convince us that he knows what he is doing. In his silence he tells us with love

TRUST IN ME, I KNOW WHAT I DO WELL

Greetings all!

Alina

• Like 2

hello,

you are all so great!

@ Meredith

your quotes are wonderfull. i read them this morning and they made my morning nicer.

@ Alina

recently I head period of "silence". as much it was unberable I remembered how sometimes our brothers are sent to the misions alone and they are cut off from comunication circutes.

they are alone only with their faith but they never lose it.

the same way I kept on knowing that this is just one more chalange and lecture that I need to learn.

thank you father for your love and faith into us.

• Like 2

For me one of the beauties of the UB confirms for me and underscores for me that when I am alone, I am not really alone. You and I are never alone, even though it may seem so.

Here is another line to think about:

"When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn't solve your problems, He has faith in your abilities."

All the best!

• Like 3

Hi all!

Pike, Meredith

True, we are never alone! but still not to exhaust the energies I think we should feed them.

"Variety is restful; monotony is what wears and exhausts.(555-5)"

Coincidentally, this morning, after seeing the forum and re-read this topic, I've been thinking about silence and solitudeI and I have been writing and I going to share with you:

I have learned many important things in silence and alone.

I could not have acquired in the midst of a bustling city. but in my eighth floor of an apartment building in the middle city, the noise of cars listened very far, I had my ideal space.

Then I came with my husband to live to almost 100km. from Buenos Aires,capital, and in this small town is pretty quiet, with large field.In this moment, I only hear the sound of the oak leaves already taking yellow-red (here is autumn) and a sound that I love, cedar needles when the wind goes right through them.It is a good place to think!

But anyway I like going to the city, enter its typical movement...

The UB says that solitude and isolation is not good, then we must get out, see what happens,be with people and to know what they think.

Remember when Jesus was going to see the caravans and spoke to everybody, however He spent also solitary days and days on the mountains?

I think as we should seek a balance, toggle periods between solitude and silence with others of the "outside world". :D

(1774.3) 160:1.11 I am deeply impressed with the custom of Jesus in going apart by himself to engage in these seasons of solitary survey of the problems of living; to seek for new stores of wisdom and energy for meeting the manifold demands of social service; to quicken and deepen the supreme purpose of living by actually subjecting the total personality to the consciousness of contacting with divinity; to grasp for possession of new and better methods of adjusting oneself to the ever-changing situations of living existence; to effect those vital reconstructions and readjustments of one’s personal attitudes which are so essential to enhanced insight into everything worth while and real; and to do all of this with an eye single to the glory of God — to breathe in sincerity your Master’s favorite prayer, “Not my will, but yours, be done.”

Greetings.

Alina

PD: It occurred to me, just in case .. I clarified that it is not necessary to move from place to place to meditate, pray, be alone and socialize.Of course!

This is only a personal experience!

Edited by Alina
  • Like 2

hello,

peace and quiet is good to certain amount, but to much of it is the root of the many stupid ideas. :-)

Balance is very important.

I was allways more solitaire person, but Jesus had teach me to talk to the people.

many things can be learned in this way.

peace be with you

Hrvoje

• Like 2

Hi!

Pike, good point!

Certainly without the guidance of the Spirit loneliness is dangerous!

We know that the mind is fragile and is exposed to foreign ideas come if we do not have a solid foundation to make out undesirable thoughts, rather than using that time to enrich us spiritually.

I like this phrase of Charles Baudelaire:

"Who can not enrich his solitude, does not know to be alone in a crowd busy"

At the other extreme, I know people who can not be alone,not good because it seems to flee from themselves; turn on TV, phone call or anything with the aim of not listening to themselves.Sure,I

think that is unconscious.

I found this interesting quotes on the Spirit of Truth and its relationship with the feeling of loneliness.

(2060.7) 194:2.2 The first mission of this spirit is, of course, to foster and personalize truth, for it is

the comprehension of truth that constitutes the highest form of human liberty. Next, it is the purpose of this spirit to destroy the believer’s feeling of orphanhood. Jesus having been among men, all believers would experience a sense of loneliness had not the Spirit of Truth come to dwell in men’s hearts.

(2061.1) 194:2.3 This bestowal of the Son’s spirit effectively prepared all normal men’s minds for the subsequent universal bestowal of the Father’s spirit (the Adjuster) upon all mankind. In a certain sense, this Spirit of Truth is the spirit of both the Universal Father and the Creator Son.

Love...

Alina

Edited by Alina
  • Like 2

The moment mankind attained self-consciousness he also attained other-than-self-consciousness. I don't think it is possible for humans to overcome their sense of loneliness unless they integrate themselves with this "other-than-self" concept. Loneliness and fear result when the ability to do this is thwarted, abandoned or ignored. When one elevates oneself (ego) to the control panel and suddenly discovers that he/she is flying solo in a vast universe, the realization is absolutely terrifying. Luckily, we have the Spirit of Truth. Jesus said that he stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. Sometimes people have to reach the terrifying realization of loneliness in order to hear the knocking on the door. Jesus said that if the door is opened, " . . . shall we ever be brethren in the long and fruitful service of the search for the Paradise Father."

Also, don't forget that the Adjuster must also experience loneliness when one attempts to fly solo.

p1182:4 107:6.2 They long for the divinity attainment of your mortal minds that their loneliness may end, that they may be delivered with you from the limitations of material investiture and the habiliments of time.

• Like 4