Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers

The urantia book talks about brain size being a huge factor in intellegence for mammals. The U.B also gives insight into the 7 adjutants which animals use a potential of 5. With these factors could we begin to determine and understand the intellegence of different animals much more accurately and if so how much does the information in u.b help us understand just how cognizant animals are.

I love animal's and I know alot of people who read the u.b who love animals feel disapointed to find out that they do not have personality's and souls. However I find that there are other aspects etleast in regards to basic emotion's that animals are capable of that is intreaging. The U.B also talks about how certain animals can learn language "Fandor" and the u.b goes on to say that these animals were extremely affectionate. So while animals may not be human they still have alot neat things that hte u.b reveal's. Dogs being capable of loyalty, etc etc

I also find this interesting because we are unfortunetly so close to being purley animal that for all intents and purpose's many of us are hahaha.

But even on the most ideal planets, pre-Adamic man must put forth positive efforts to ascend from the purely animalistic plane of existence up through successive levels of increasingly intellectual meanings and higher spiritual values.

P382:3, 34:7.3 The mortals of a normal world do not experience constant warfare between their physical and spiritual natures. They are confronted with the necessity of climbing up from the animal levels of existence to the higher planes of spiritual living, but this ascent is more like undergoing an educational training when compared with the intense conflicts of Urantia mortals in this realm of the divergent material and spiritual natures.

P382:4, 34:7.4 The Urantia peoples are suffering the consequences of a double deprivation of help in this task of progressive planetary spiritual attainment. The Caligastia upheaval precipitated world-wide confusion and robbed all subsequent generations of the moral assistance which a well-ordered society would have provided. But even more disastrous was the Adamic default in that it deprived the races of that superior type of physical nature which would have been more consonant with spiritual aspirations.

P382:5, 34:7.5 Urantia mortals are compelled to undergo such marked struggling between the spirit and the flesh because their remote ancestors were not more fully Adamized by the Edenic bestowal. It was the divine plan that the mortal races of Urantia should have had physical natures more naturally spirit responsive.
Edited by boomshuka

Hi boomshuka,

Someone once raised the idea that mammals are where the life carriers learned to weave emotion into the evolving Urantian neurobiochemistry.

Think of the problems those guys faced: how to engender feelings -- let alone heroic deeds -- in a salty fluid? Their work is amazing.

Nigel

Yea man, I love animals hahaha I love people to. I think understanding animals is important and the revelator's included so much information about animal's so that we could use these fact's to gain cosmic insight into the universe.

U.B say's that an Elephant in terms of "animal quality" is the highest, followed closely by the Horse. Personally I was surprised it wasn't a monkey. What other animal's do you guy's suppose are functioning on really high levels of "animal quality" or using the most of 5 adjutant's available to them.

Edited by boomshuka

hello,

I know this is an old topic but I just joined the forum.

I think dolphins are very high on the scale.

i also have opinion that no mether that animals doesn't have asscending potential that they are here also to teach us to care about low creatures and to minister to them. if we think for a moment the UB says that all descending personalyties crave to minister to the lowest creatures. we can learn about this need only if we minister to the creatures wjich are lower on the scale from us

• Like 1

Dear Pike,

Welcome to the forum!

I have an affection for certian animals, but I wouldn't call myself a minister to animals. Maybe you are a minister to animals.

I just read a book written by a man who, in the early 1950's, was a caretaker for a famous dog, a film star, named Strongheart. Strongheart was an unusually intelligent dog and the book is about the author's experiences with it. Some animals are more intelligent than others. And this human-animal relationship reminds me of the adjutant mind spirits we know know about, due to the information in the UB.

Five of the seven adjutant mind spirits continuously minister to the lowest creatures of animal life.

The seven adjutant mind-spirits are called by names which are the equivalents of the following designations: intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge, counsel, worship, and wisdom. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.
P.401 - §6

The adjutant mind-spirits experientially grow, but they never become personal. They evolve in function, and the function of the first five in the animal orders is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect. This animal relationship makes the adjutants more practically effective as human mind; hence animals are to a certain extent indispensable to man's intellectual as well as to his physical evolution.
P.403 - §1

We humans start here and ascend to our Father. We are ascending mortals - ascendant pilgrims. We are engaged in an ascendant scheme of mortal progression. Of the descending orders of sonship:

Descending orders of sonship include personalities who are of direct and divine creation. Ascending sons, such as mortal creatures, achieve this status by experiential participation in the creative technique known as evolution.
P.223 - §5

Thank God for the animals.

All the nest,

Meredith

• Like 1