Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
Guest rich.sachs

9. The Midway Creatures

Guest rich.sachs

(424.2) 38:9.2 These unique creatures appear on the majority of the inhabited worlds and are always found on the decimal or life-experiment planets, such as Urantia. Midwayers are of two types — primary and secondary — and they appear by the following techniques:

decimal - pertaining to tenths or to the number 10. i always thought of the word decimal as a dot in mathmatics, but all its definitions say the base ten or the power of ten.

(424.4) 38:9.4 2. Secondary Midwayers, the more material group of these creatures, vary greatly in numbers on the different worlds, though the average is around fifty thousand. They are variously derived from the planetary biologic uplifters, the Adams and Eves, or from their immediate progeny. There are no less than twenty-four diverse techniques involved in the production of these secondary midway creatures on the evolutionary worlds of space. The mode of origin for this group on Urantia was unusual and extraordinary.

we have unusual and extraordinary covered on every front here on urantia.

(424.6) 38:9.6 Primary midwayers are energized intellectually and spiritually by the angelic technique and are uniform in intellectual status. The seven adjutant mind-spirits make no contact with them; and only the sixth and the seventh, the spirit of worship and the spirit of wisdom, are able to minister to the secondary group.

i like how all the adjutants make up all the aspects of a human.

(424.7) 38:9.7 Secondary midwayers are physically energized by the Adamic technique, spiritually encircuited by the seraphic, and intellectually endowed with the morontia transition type of mind. They are divided into four physical types, seven orders spiritually, and twelve levels of intellectual response to the joint ministry of the last two adjutant spirits and the morontia mind. These diversities determine their differential of activity and of planetary assignment.

all this planetary assignment is necessary because of how sick and pathetic humans are. there just won't be all this import when all of creation is settled in light and life.

(424.8) 38:9.8 Primary midwayers resemble angels more than mortals; the secondary orders are much more like human beings. Each renders invaluable assistance to the other in the execution of their manifold planetary assignments. The primary ministers can achieve liaison co-operation with both morontia- and spirit-energy controllers and mind circuiters. The secondary group can establish working connections only with the physical controllers and the material-circuit manipulators. But since each order of midwayer can establish perfect synchrony of contact with the other, either group is thereby able to achieve practical utilization of the entire energy gamut extending from the gross physical power of the material worlds up through the transition phases of universe energies to the higher spirit-reality forces of the celestial realms.

how does god make so many will creatures? truly an unbelievable feat.

(425.1) 38:9.9 The gap between the material and spiritual worlds is perfectly bridged by the serial association of mortal man, secondary midwayer, primary midwayer, morontia cherubim, mid-phase cherubim, and seraphim. In the personal experience of an individual mortal these diverse levels are undoubtedly more or less unified and made personally meaningful by the unobserved and mysterious operations of the divine Thought Adjuster.

what the creation of the gap actually looks like is a wonder, i mean looks like in a literal sense. like what am i looking at as i go from material to spiritual? what is the personally meaningful reality to this gap, in literal terms?

(425.2) 38:9.10 On normal worlds the primary midwayers maintain their service as the intelligence corps and as celestial entertainers in behalf of the Planetary Prince, while the secondary ministers continue their co-operation with the Adamic regime of furthering the cause of progressive planetary civilization. In case of the defection of the Planetary Prince and the failure of the Material Son, as occurred on Urantia, the midway creatures become the wards of the System Sovereign and serve under the directing guidance of the acting custodian of the planet. But on only three other worlds in Satania do these beings function as one group under unified leadership as do the united midway ministers of Urantia.

the minstrels to the king. it is humorous to be on such an effed up world.

(425.3) 38:9.11 The planetary work of both primary and secondary midwayers is varied and diverse on the numerous individual worlds of a universe, but on the normal and average planets their activities are very different from the duties which occupy their time on isolated spheres, such as Urantia.

so we're in as bad a shape as we are because we're isolated. so i wouldn't have to deal constantly with such a disgusting human race if this world wasn't isolated.

(425.4) 38:9.12 The primary midwayers are the planetary historians who, from the time of the arrival of the Planetary Prince to the age of settled light and life, formulate the pageants and design the portrayals of planetary history for the exhibits of the planets on the system headquarters worlds.

museums are the most boring places and that's their job forever. i can't say that sounds like fun.

(425.5) 38:9.13 Midwayers remain for long periods on an inhabited world, but if faithful to their trust, they will eventually and most certainly be recognized for their agelong service in maintaining the sovereignty of the Creator Son; they will be duly rewarded for their patient ministry to the material mortals on their world of time and space. Sooner or later all accredited midway creatures will be mustered into the ranks of the ascending Sons of God and will be duly initiated into the long adventure of the Paradise ascent in company with those very mortals of animal origin, their earth brethren, whom they so jealously guarded and so effectively served during the long planetary sojourn.

you don't get this definition of jealous very often. the tub writers know english extraordinarily well, better than any english phd i would bet. jealous - solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something. the roles we play is rather humorous, some have to be the patient, nice people, staying faithful to their trust in the hope that they can move on through the universe, others are creator sons who create and rule a universe. all are personalities and beings that can relate, it's all just a big game that's being played just like how mortals do in their strata of income levels.

(425.6) 38:9.14 [Presented by a Melchizedek acting by request of the Chief of the Seraphic Hosts of Nebadon.]

it's interesting that this book has so many different authors and yet the tone and style of the book is the same throughout. i guess perfected beings just have a similarity to how they describe things, especially the outline of all of reality that's given in tub.

so i wouldn't have to deal constantly with such a disgusting human race if this world wasn't isolated.

Hi rich -- don't forget that this same human race is deeply loved not only

by the creator of our local universe, but by the IAM-Author-of-Eternity...

A baby-sitter or servant might get fed up with changing nappies, but

not a loving parent. Did you miss something wonderful about us, your

fellow humans? Are you missing a wonderful opportunity -- to help us?

Nigel

Disgust is a rudimentary human trait. It is designed to be directed at behavior, not at people, worse yet as a means of displaying one's indignation or superiority.

62.3.6 Compared with the ancestral species, the mid-mammals were an improvement in every way. Even their potential life span was longer, being about twenty-five years.
A number of rudimentary human traits
appeared in this new species. In addition to the innate propensities exhibited by their ancestors,
these mid-mammals were capable of showing disgust in certain repulsive situations

If something disgusts you, you should attempt to do something positive to remedy it. Disgusting and repulsive things happen everywhere including worlds that are not isolated. To use disgust as a defense mechanism is a psychological game designed to protect the conscience against accepting the reality that one's own behavior might also be disgusting. Pointing out other people's faults merely serves to shield the person from the horror of looking at his/her own faults. It's a sickness that can easily devolve into blaming other people's disgusting behavior for causing your own.

Take a look at Judas. He was a character who was easily disgusted; he had a self-righteous attitude that tended to seek revenge on those who disgusted him. He directed his rudimentary human trait of disgust towards people rather than their behavior. And as a result, he killed the one person in the world at that time who had nothing disgusting about his personality whatsoever. People tend to project onto others what they see in themselves. Judas was the person with the most disgusting behavior in the world and he projected it onto Jesus.

177.4.11Judas did not realize it, but he was a coward. Accordingly was he always inclined to assign to Jesus cowardice as the motive which led him so often to refuse to grasp for power or glory when they were apparently within his easy reach.

Therefore, do not project onto the people of this world the charge of being disgusting unless you are willing to look very deeply at yourself as possibly being the one who is being disgusting. I'm personally very, very tired of hearing people blame everything that is wrong in this world on the devil. It's time to take personal responsibility for everything you think and do.

The secondary midwayers have some kind of causal powers in the physical world. The extent and limitations of these powers aren't explained in the UB, but we also know that they played a part in the physical manifestation of the Papers themselves--to the extent that we can be said to "know" much of anything about the physical manifestation of the Papers.

I sometimes find myself thinking about these beings, whom we are told are "more like human beings" than the primary midwayers. They're here. They're invisible. They're natives of this world, as we are, not visitors. It seems that they could make their presence known to humanity in some unmistakable way.

I remember reading or hearing a comment that the UB is a "cosmic civics textbook". For non-US readers, "civics" is (or used to be) the name of a course that most pupils in public high schools were required to take. It described the various government institutions, balance of power, the Constitution, rights of citizens, and so forth. It was supposed to give a sense of how these things work, and are connected to each other and to us, the individual citizens. I don't know if such a course is still taught, or if it's called something else now. ANYWAY, the UB certainly isn't just a civics text, but the claim has some merit. One of the main things that the UB does is to give us a picture or the universe and our place in it; how we are situated in relation to the many other orders of intelligent beings.

So, as I think these thoughts, I ponder: What could be the point of giving us hundreds and hundreds of pages of description of interconnected hierarchies, all of which are utterly beyond our ken? What could we possibly do with the information?

An analogy: A few years ago, some isolated tribes in the Brazilian rain forest were discovered. They had had no prior contact with the outside world. Imagine giving them, in their language (assuming, for the sake of the analogy, that they have writing), a massive textbook describing the political and social organization of Brazil, in great detail. Imagine further, giving it only to a small handful of people in the tribe, and leaving it to them to figure out what to do with it from there. Give them the text, say "You're on your own", and exit without further contact.

Why would anyone do such a thing?

What could be the point of giving us hundreds and hundreds of pages of description of interconnected hierarchies, all of which are utterly beyond our ken? What could we possibly do with the information?

Hi Todd, all,

The information provides opportunities to enlarge our thinking about ourselves, our world, our universe and all creation. The material of the text would be meaningless to illiterate people, and even among people who are literate only a small percentage actually read. And of the world peoples who actually read, how many do you suppose would read a post-doctorate level text? While the text may appeal to you and me, others may find it too heavy, including the actual weight of the book itself.

The book provides us with a sense of the patterns of order in the Universe of Universes, among other things.

All the best,

Meredith

I certainly agree that the number of people who could actually be expected to read the UB and be able to get much meaning from it is small, relative to the general population. This makes it the more puzzling that it was done at all. Why deliver a text that is doomed to be ignored by almost everybody, for the simple reason that it's too hard to read?

Possibly, the revelators expect the few who can and do read the UB to "translate" it into more accessible forms for others. For example, I have Malcolm Locke's The Urantia Revelation, which is itself reading, yet not as formidable as the UB. I have not read Michelle Klimesh's The Story of Everything, but I gather it's another attempt to present some key ideas from the UB in a form that is less daunting than the book itself. So, one hypothesis is that the UB was intended to be "digested" and shared in this way. Of course, this approach carries the risk that distortions will be introduced by those doing the summarizing. But since this was equally true of the previous four epochal revelations, that consideration isn't decisive.

OR....might it be that the delivery of this "civics" text now signals a fairly imminent shift in the way Urantia is handled? Perhaps the activities of beings such as secondary midwayers will soon not be as covert as they have been up til now. In a world in which the existence and activities of midwayers are not hidden, the origin of the UB wouldn't be the stumbling block that I suspect it is.

Todd

Guest rich.sachs

disgusting - offensive to the physical, moral, or aesthetic taste (aesthetic - pertaining to a sense of the beautiful); to cause loathing or nausea in; to offend the good taste, moral sense, etc., of; cause extreme dislike or revulsion in; a strong distaste; repugnance caused by something offensive; strong aversion. short of physical violence toward or eternal extinguishment i am all of these definitions of disgust toward the human race. diapers are nappies in australia. "Are you missing a wonderful opportunity -- to help us?" i'm here, by definition i'm being of service. (1259.2) 114:7.17 Your isolated world is not forgotten in the counsels of the universe. Urantia is not a cosmic orphan stigmatized by sin and shut away from divine watchcare by rebellion. From Uversa to Salvington and on down to Jerusem, even in Havona and on Paradise, they all know we are here; and you mortals now dwelling on Urantia are just as lovingly cherished and just as faithfully watched over as if the sphere had never been betrayed by a faithless Planetary Prince, even more so. It is eternally true, “the Father himself loves you.”

i didn't "forget that this same human race is deeply loved not only

by the creator of our local universe, but by the IAM-Author-of-Eternity..."

Hi Todd, all,

I'm not particularly concerned about the wide acceptance of the text, due to the mentally challenging nature of the material or its size and scope. What amazes me is that a mere 2000 years have passed since the previous revelation! The revelators no doubt anticipated the advent of the Internet. Now, we have a very interconected world in the realm of communications. The need for discriminative thinking is great now. Ideas abound, but what about ideals?

Ideas may take origin in the stimuli of the outer world, but ideals are born only in the creative realms of the inner world. Today the nations of the world are directed by men who have a superabundance of ideas, but they are poverty-stricken in ideals. That is the explanation of poverty, divorce, war, and racial hatreds.
P. 1220 - §9; 111:4.10

From where come ideals, concerning one's individual life and collectively - family, locale, country, world?

All the best,

Meredith

Edited by Meredith Van Woert

Why would anyone do such a thing?

Because, unlike in your analogy, there are people on this world who are ready for it. And unlike our public education system which attempts to treat all pupils the same regardless of their capacity, the universe education system has a different value system. Its goal is to educate to the level of the educable and since there are some who have the capacity to be educated by this method, the book arrived. I'm not saying that this is the only reason for its appearance, but likely a contributing one. It is my personal opinion that those who have the power to maintain and foster the spirituality of the human mind, do so; and since we are in perilous times concerning spirituality, perhaps they chose to foster it in a most unusual and remarkable way . . . with a book so complex that only those capable of receiving its message would attempt to read it. That is not to say that there are plenty who attempt to read it who are not ready and therefore misinterpret it in all manner of ridiculous ways. This may sound elitist, but I submit that it is because of our cultural bias concerning equality.

Imagine further, giving it only to a small handful of people in the tribe, and leaving it to them to figure out what to do with it from there. Give them the text, say "You're on your own", and exit without further contact.

Likewise, I think that this is a spurious argument. We are not alone in interpreting this text. We always have access to "contact". Right from the get go, the authors make this statement:

0.12.12 We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that
these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience — God-consciousness

Perhaps the book is meant for those who realize that they are not alone and have labored to the point where they have access to the Divine Presence within them?

I have no objection to any of that, except for the point that a great deal of the UB's content seems to me devoid of spirituality: the factual stuff. I don't know if the Adjuster and Spirit of Truth help much with that.

Hi Todd,

"[...], except for the point that a great deal of the UB's content seems to me devoid of spirituality: [...]"

For me this book began to make sense once I began to see it simply as offering a larger

frame in which to think. For "spiritual" things, I go to spiritual sources, not textbooks :D

Nigel

I have no objection to any of that, except for the point that a great deal of the UB's content seems to me devoid of spirituality: the factual stuff. I don't know if the Adjuster and Spirit of Truth help much with that.

If you read carefully, even the text that appears to be "devoid of spirituality" has plenty of spiritual information for those open to it. What may seem to be very factual often contains deep spiritual insight and clues to other parts of the book which may be more revealing on the subject. There are revelations of truth peppered throughout all parts of the text which have deep spiritual meanings, that is, if one should choose to reflect on them. Superficial reading of the text yields superficial results.

But, I agree with Nigel that spirituality is a personal quest and involves much, much more than the text. The text is a springboard for those who enjoy diving deeply into that realm. To each his own way and in his own time, I suppose.

If you read carefully, even the text that appears to be "devoid of spirituality" has plenty of spiritual information for those open to it. What may seem to be very factual often contains deep spiritual insight and clues to other parts of the book which may be more revealing on the subject. There are revelations of truth peppered throughout all parts of the text which have deep spiritual meanings, that is, if one should choose to reflect on them. Superficial reading of the text yields superficial results.

I don't doubt that. I reflect on these things quite a lot, in fact. But I stand by my statement that there are significant amounts of text which, if they hadn't been included, would not have been missed by any spiritually hungry reader. I certainly don't discount the possibility that I've simply missed the spiritual significance of those parts, but it's also possible that the UB has purposes at various levels, some of which are more social and scientific than spiritual.

This is why I wonder whether, rather than being a revelation for the intellectuals who can plod through it, the UB may be the first sign of changes to come in how our world is managed.

I agree that "We're not alone" is one of the clearest messages that comes through the pages of the UB. It comes through as a kind of Gestalt, as we read of the various orders of beings, and ministries, responsible for keeping the Ascension plan in operation. We read and it hits us that we are embedded in this vast hive of evolutionary activity, orchestrated by breathtaking ranks of non-evolutionary beings. But so few of us are really in a position to read it and get that Gestalt. Maybe the truth that we are not alone is soon to be made evident to everybody.

That's the point of my conjecture here.

Todd

Guest rich.sachs

disgust is a rudimentary human trait meaning early on. there's nothing necessarily negative about the ub quote saying "mid-mammals were capable of showing disgust in certain repulsive situations." (41.6) 2:6.8 God loves the sinner and hates the sin: such a statement is true philosophically, but God is a transcendent personality, and persons can only love and hate other persons. Sin is not a person. God loves the sinner because he is a personality reality (potentially eternal), while towards sin God strikes no personal attitude, for sin is not a spiritual reality; it is not personal; therefore does only the justice of God take cognizance of its existence.

when i say man in his selfishness (Admin: edit) disgust me, i'm loving the sinner but hating the sin. i can't display my superiority because by definition, i'm not god, therefore i'm never superior, i'm always equal to anyone who does god's will.

It is designed to be directed at behavior, not at people, worse yet as a means of displaying one's indignation or superiority.

bonita: If something disgusts you, you should attempt to do something positive to remedy it. Disgusting and repulsive things happen everywhere including worlds that are not isolated. To use disgust as a defense mechanism is a psychological game designed to protect the conscience against accepting the reality that one's own behavior might also be disgusting. Pointing out other people's faults merely serves to shield the person from the horror of looking at his/her own faults. It's a sickness that can easily devolve into blaming other people's disgusting behavior for causing your own.

rich: i'm more than my disgust, i'm also love, there's many emotions within me. but yes, i have my own faults and overdone anger and character defects that i am, but that i don't want can be frustrating for me. however i look at my own faults thoroughly. as metaphysical and acim readers know, i am not a victim, no one causes anything against me in my attitudes about what happens to me.

bonita: Take a look at Judas. He was a character who was easily disgusted; he had a self-righteous attitude that tended to seek revenge on those who disgusted him. He directed his rudimentary human trait of disgust towards people rather than their behavior. And as a result, he killed the one person in the world at that time who had nothing disgusting about his personality whatsoever. People tend to project onto others what they see in themselves. Judas was the person with the most disgusting behavior in the world and he projected it onto Jesus.

rich: not self-aware was judas, i agree. however, he was just a part in a play, he did not kill jesus, and i would bet he is a saved being. i don't think the all-powerful creator son wants on his record that someone in his arena ((228.2) 20:5.5 It was the scene of the final and triumphant bestowal of your Creator Son, the arena in which Michael won the supreme personal sovereignty of the universe of Nebadon.) was eternally destroyed.

Therefore, do not project onto the people of this world the charge of being disgusting unless you are willing to look very deeply at yourself as possibly being the one who is being disgusting. I'm personally very, very tired of hearing people blame everything that is wrong in this world on the devil. It's time to take personal responsibility for everything you think and do.

i'm always looking deeply at my own faults, i don't anything too seriously. i live in the personal responsibility of the new age philosophy of i create my own reality. i blame no one for anything ever, i'm no ones judge. (1580.7) 140:8.12 The nearest he came to making sociological pronouncements was to say, “Judge not, that you be not judged.”

when i say man in his selfishness (*) disgust me, i'm loving the sinner but hating the sin. i can't display my superiority because by definition, i'm not god, therefore i'm never superior, i'm always equal to anyone who does god's will.

I have a news flash for you: You are equal to even those who do not do God's will.

By making the statement that you are only equal to those who do God's will, you have (possibly unwittingly) placed yourself in a position of superiority over those who are unable to accurately determine God's will, which is just about everyone. That makes you equal to yourself. (Psychiatrists call that narcissism. Not saying you are . . . just pointing out the falseness of your statement.)

Moreover, by making such a statement, you are implying that you are able to always and accurately determine God's will. Now, we know that you have not fused, because you're typing these posts, which means that you have yet to reach the level of Adjuster attunement which would allow you to put yourself in such a position of superiority. Yet, it is a fact that those fortunate souls who are perfectly attuned to God's will would never consider those who have yet to attain that same goal to be disgusting. Not at all, a truly great person humbles him/herself to serve those less spiritually receptive. How can you serve people if they disgust you? Jesus found a lot of behavior disgusting, but he never found people disgusting. Even the most disgusting of physical bodies, the leper, he humbled himself to touch and heal. Jesus found people to be weak, meaning less spiritually receptive. He labored to remove their fears and prejudices in order to increase their receptivity. It takes courage to be humble and it takes humbleness to do God's will.

rich: not self-aware was judas, i agree. however, he was just a part in a play, he did not kill jesus, and i would bet he is a saved being. i don't think the all-powerful creator son wants on his record that someone in his arena ((228.2) 20:5.5 It was the scene of the final and triumphant bestowal of your Creator Son, the arena in which Michael won the supreme personal sovereignty of the universe of Nebadon.) was eternally destroyed.

I certainly do hope that Judas has survived. He has much to teach all of us concerning disgust and prejudice. And, it was his own drama in which he was the leading star, falling into the depths of his self-chosen darkness. Would Jesus have gone to the cross had it not been for Judas? It is doubtful, but we will never know for sure. We do know, however, that Judas' behavior was disgusting and yet God forgave him.

139.12.10 But these wicked and dangerous ideas did not take definite shape until the day when a grateful woman broke an expensive box of incense at Jesus’ feet. This seemed wasteful to Judas, and when his public protest was so sweepingly disallowed by Jesus right there in the hearing of all, it was too much. That event determined the mobilization of all the accumulated hate, hurt, malice, prejudice, jealousy, and revenge of a lifetime, and he made up his mind to get even with he knew not whom; but he crystallized all the evil of his nature upon the one innocent person in all the sordid drama of his unfortunate life just because Jesus happened to be the chief actor in the episode which marked his passing from the progressive kingdom of light into that self-chosen domain of darkness.

i'm always looking deeply at my own faults, i don't anything too seriously. i live in the personal responsibility of the new age philosophy of i create my own reality. i blame no one for anything ever, i'm no ones judge. (1580.7) 140:8.12 The nearest he came to making sociological pronouncements was to say, “Judge not, that you be not judged.”

Then you shouldn't be judging members of political parties, who are people. Right? Just because you have the ability to create your own reality does not mean that it is a reality with value for everyone. No one is obliged to agree with or follow the reality you created for yourself. Lucifer created his own reality too; he demanded that everyone accept his reality, and we see where that led. We also see this same attitude in many narcissistic megalomaniacs of history, all who forced their reality on others often in a brutal way. There are, of course, those who force their reality on others in charismatic ways that are less brutal, but just as mind-numbingly evil.

Therefore, I would hesitate in the future to claim that one kind of person is disgusting and another kind of person is not. No person is disgusting, it's what the person thinks and does that might qualify as disgusting. And, it may only be disgusting to you because of your own beliefs, attitudes and actions (which could be in error too). It is a fact that what a person believes will dictate his behavior, therefore the belief may also be disgusting, which is why I say that it is the attitude of the individual and what he does with it (intention) that matters. But even before judging someone's beliefs and attitudes, you should be absolutely sure that you are in a position to do so and won't be embarrassed later for your own beliefs and attitudes that led you to make such a judgment. Are you absolutely sure you understand another person's motivations? Therefore, it is never wise to judge a person, only judge his/her behavior (deeds) and do so along with other people so that judgment is not based solely on your own opinion, your own self-created reality.

140.6.4 I declare to you that every one who is angry with his brother is in danger of condemnation. He who nurses hatred in his heart and plans vengeance in his mind stands in danger of judgment.
You must judge your fellows by their deeds; the Father in heaven judges by the intent.

140.3.17 You are commissioned to save men,
not to judge them
. At the end of your earth life you will all expect mercy; therefore do I require of you during your mortal life that you show mercy to all of your brethren in the flesh. Make not the mistake of trying to pluck a mote out of your brother’s eye when there is a beam in your own eye. Having first cast the beam out of your own eye, you can the better see to cast the mote out of your brother’s eye.

159.1.3 While you may not meddle with the divine decrees concerning eternal life, you shall determine the issues of
conduct
as they concern the temporal welfare of the brotherhood on earth. And so, in all these matters connected with the discipline of the brotherhood, whatsoever you shall decree on earth, shall be recognized in heaven. Although you cannot determine the eternal fate of the individual,
you may legislate regarding the conduct of the group, for, where
two or three
of you agree concerning any of these things and ask of me , it shall be done for you if your petition is not inconsistent with the will of my Father in heaven
. And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.

To go back to the Midway creatures, TUB mentions that they helped I think Peter escape from jail, and assisted in other numerous ways. I always have to return to my own religious experiences, all connected to Jesus, and if I can accept his resurrection and his subsequent appearances after all of the reported miracles in the Bible, and, know that 11 of the Apostles also died on the cross, and, since I met an Angel, I don't have any problem accepting the idea of Midwayers.

For anyone who hasn't had such an experience, there have been millions throughout the centuries who have believed through faith, and subsequently perceived life through another lens, albeit through a church. Countless writers have believed and written about their beliefs, including all of the TUB sources Block has discovered.

TUB information has a certain connected flow which starts with God the Father and ultimately centralizes in Jesus, if one comprehends it that way. None of the information refutes nor contradicts the Gospels in any way, just enhances the same messages. All of the Revelators in the papers respect the Trinity and Jesus, and explain the love, truth, justice, mercy, fairness, beauty and goodness they all live by. This is the flow of TUB. This is the spiritual message, consistent throughout.

If one separates the parts and papers and analyzes them separately, it's easy to question various reports; when one takes the book as a whole, the continuity and flow become clear, IMHO.

I'm still working on how to return good for evil, so I realize my own failings when compared to Jesus' teachings, good evidence of God's will in action. I only wish they would reveal Book II.

Best to all!

To go back to the Midway creatures, TUB mentions that they helped I think Peter escape from jail, and assisted in other numerous ways.

Hi Teobeck, all,

Thanks for bringing us back to the midwayers. Originally there were 50,000 primary midwayers of whom 40,119 were lost when they joined hands with Caligastia back in the days of the Planetary Prince. The secondary midwayers ". . . are the offspring of the pure Adamic stock united with a humanized descendant of ancestors common to the parentage of the senior corps." (P.862) There were 1,984 originals dating from the time of Adam, but 873 ". . . failed to align themselves with the rule of Michael and were duly interned in connection with the planetary adjudication of Urantia on the day of Pentecost. No one can forecast the future of these fallen creatures." (P.863 - §3)

After the default of Adam the primary midwayers returned to the service of the Melchizedek receivers, while the secondary group were attached to the Adamson center until his death. Thirty-three of these secondary midwayers, the chiefs of their organization at the death of Adamson, endeavored to swing the whole order over to the service of the Melchizedeks, thus effecting a liaison with the primary corps. But failing to accomplish this, they deserted their companions and went over in a body to the service of the planetary receivers.

After the death of Adamson the remainder of the secondary midwayers became a strange, unorganized, and unattached influence on Urantia. From that time to the days of Machiventa Melchizedek they led an irregular and unorganized existence. They were partially brought under control by this Melchizedek but were still productive of much mischief up to the days of Christ Michael. And during his sojourn on earth they all made final decisions as to their future destiny, the loyal majority then enlisting under the leadership of the primary midwayers.
P. 862 - §9 - P.863 - §1

So Urantia now benefits from a loyal corps of both primary and secondary midwayers, since Pentecost.

They now function as a single corps, embracing both orders and numbering 10,992.
The United Midwayers of Urantia
are at present governed alternately by the senior member of each order. This regime has obtained since their amalgamation into one group shortly after Pentecost.
P. 864 - §2

I found an interesting reference, and I've underlined the part of it I find fascinating.

The secondary midway creatures are indigenous to the Adamic missions. As with the corporeal staff of the Planetary Prince, the descendants of the Material Sons and Daughters are of two orders: their physical children and the secondary order of midway creatures.
These material but ordinarily invisible planetary ministers contribute much to the advancement of civilization and even to the subjection of insubordinate minorities who may seek to subvert social development and spiritual progress.
P. 583 - §5

The midwayers do not arbitrarily intervene in material affairs.

Material accidents, commonplace occurrences of a physical nature, are not arbitrarily interfered with by celestial personalities. Under ordinary circumstances only midway creatures can intervene in material conditions to safeguard the persons of men and women of destiny, and even in special situations these beings can so act only in obedience to the specific mandates of their superiors.
P. 1361 - §7

All the best,

Meredith

The secondary midway creatures are indigenous to the Adamic missions. As with the corporeal staff of the Planetary Prince, the descendants of the Material Sons and Daughters are of two orders: their physical children and the secondary order of midway creatures.
These material but ordinarily invisible planetary ministers contribute much to the advancement of civilization and even to the subjection of insubordinate minorities who may seek to subvert social development and spiritual progress.
P. 583 - §5

The midwayers do not arbitrarily intervene in material affairs.

I never before noticed that the secondary midwayers are described as material beings! I'm not sure what to make of that, but thanks for selecting that quotation. It's very intriguing.

Todd

I never before noticed that the secondary midwayers are described as material beings! I'm not sure what to make of that, but thanks for selecting that quotation. It's very intriguing.

Todd

Materiality seems to be present right up to pure spirit, I think that's the drift of the teachings. Even the morontia level is considered more material than spirit, no? Kind of depends on one's perspective, or mind endowment. What is matter in the Central Universe, and what flows in those lakes and rivers? :D

...The architecture, lighting, and heating, as well as the biologic and artistic embellishment, of the Havona spheres, are quite beyond the greatest possible stretch of human imagination. You cannot be told much about Havona; to understand its beauty and grandeur you must see it. But there are real rivers and lakes on these perfect worlds.... P.156 - §4

Materiality seems to be present right up to pure spirit, I think that's the drift of the teachings.

Hi Rick, Todd, all,

It's hard for me to imagine the "materiality" of midwayers. (To me water seems basic - 2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen - not complex like the complexity of a created being.) Regarding bridging the gap between the material and spiritual worlds:

The gap between the material and spiritual worlds is perfectly bridged by the serial association of mortal man, secondary midwayer, primary midwayer, morontia cherubim, mid-phase cherubim, and seraphim. In the personal experience of an individual mortal these diverse levels are undoubtedly more or less unified and made personally meaningful by the unobserved and mysterious operations of the divine Thought Adjuster.
P. 425 - §1

Here is an interesting reference to the way midwayers view the evolving soul of man, plus further discussion about the soul from PAPER 111. Perhaps the revelators tell us this because the midwayers are closest to us, materially speaking.

The midway creatures have long denominated this evolving soul of man the mid-mind in contradistinction to the lower or material mind and the higher or cosmic mind. This mid-mind is really a morontia phenomenon since it exists in the realm between the material and the spiritual. The potential of such a morontia evolution is inherent in the two universal urges of mind: the impulse of the finite mind of the creature to know God and attain the divinity of the Creator, and the impulse of the infinite mind of the Creator to know man and attain the
experience
of the creature.

This supernal transaction of evolving the immortal soul is made possible because the mortal mind is first personal and second is in contact with superanimal realities; it possesses a supermaterial endowment of cosmic ministry which insures the evolution of a moral nature capable of making moral decisions, thereby effecting a bona fide creative contact with the associated spiritual ministries and with the indwelling Thought Adjuster.

The inevitable result of such a contactual spiritualization of the human mind is the gradual birth of a soul, the joint offspring of an adjutant mind dominated by a human will that craves to know God, working in liaison with the spiritual forces of the universe which are under the overcontrol of an actual fragment of the very God of all creation--the Mystery Monitor. And thus does the material and mortal reality of the self transcend the temporal limitations of the physical-life machine and attain a new expression and a new identification in the evolving vehicle for selfhood continuity, the morontia and immortal soul.
P.1218 - §6 - 8

All the best,

Meredith

It's good to know that eventually humans on this planet will be able to see the midwayers sometime before it is reaches light and life. One has to wonder what discoveries of physical science will make this happen.

55:4.5 Acting as interpreters for the seraphic guardians and the finaliters are the exalted and liberated midway creatures. One of the last acts of the Trinity Teacher Sons on their terminal mission is to liberate the midwayers of the realm and to promote (or restore) them to advanced planetary status, assigning them to responsible places in the new administration of the settled sphere.
Such changes have already been made in the range of human vision as enable mortals to recognize these heretofore invisible cousins of the early Adamic regime. This is made possible by the final discoveries of physical science in liaison with the enlarged planetary functions of the Master Physical Controllers

TUB tells us that the secondary midwayers are just outside the range of human vision and can make contact with material things. I really believe this from personal experience.

77.8.11 The 1,111 loyal secondary midwayers are engaged in important missions on earth. As compared with their primary associates, they are decidedly material.
They exist just outside the range of mortal vision and possess sufficient latitude of adaptation to make, at will, physical contact with what humans call “material things.”
These unique creatures have certain definite powers over the things of time and space, not excepting the beasts of the realm.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and describe a few experiences I've had. It is entirely possible that all of them are pure fantasy on my part, but I can't convince myself that they are. I also know that by telling these stories, many of you will doubt my sanity, but know that you will be joining a growing number of reputable and highly respected persons with the same sentiment.

I have identical twin sons who attended a small private Catholic prep school. Between the two of them, they had quite a large group of like-minded male friends who liked to congregate in my basement. Somewhere in their sophomore year, they started having LAN parties around 5-6 times a year, mostly in my basement. About a dozen boys would arrive around noon with their computers, set up a LAN, and play computer games until the sun came up. The first half dozen times, I stayed up all night watching over them, making sure there was no booze, drugs or sex. Turned out that they were all good, polite, trustworthy kids ( a little messy though).

One night while hosting one of these parties I decided it was safe to get some sleep. I went to my third floor bedroom and promptly fell asleep. At some point during the night I woke up and decided to go and check on the boys in the basement. I walked down the stairs, through the foyer and into the family room where the basement door was. As I rounded the corner I was suddenly taken aback to find a strange man sitting on my sofa. He was quite relaxed, leaning to one side with his elbow on the arm of the sofa, his legs crossed and a big smile on his face. He looked to be middle aged, maybe older because of his curly white hair. He was also short; his feet did not reach the floor. He had simple clothing on that looked like natural cotton, very plain pants and loose shirt.

My reaction was one of immediate alarm. There was an intruder in my house and I was outraged. I yelled at him loudly several times saying, "Who are you! Who are you!" I was very frustrated with my yelling because I realized that no sound was coming out of my mouth. There was no sound at all except the noise from the boys in the basement. I realized that I was yelling with my mind only and was distressed thinking he could not hear me. Then out of no where, very clear and distinct, I heard him say without moving his lips, "I'm a midwayer. I've been waiting for you."

Well, this put me into an absolute tail spin. I suddenly found myself back in my bedroom looking at myself asleep on the bed. Instantly, I bolted into a sitting position. This time absolutely sure that my feet were actually touching the real ground and not just floating through space, I hustled down the steps into the family room hoping to see him there, but he was gone. Again, I was distressed because I was absolutely positive of his reality and wanted to ask him to excuse me for my rudeness. I've never seen him again, but I'll never forget the sight of him, or his words.

Why he was waiting for me, I have no idea. Does he sit on my sofa every night waiting for me? I'd like to know.

Another episode convinces me that midwayers exist. If I didn't have TUB, I would have begun to believe in ghosts after the following experience. I was in medical school and living alone in a city apartment and had just become engaged to be married. I was given a large and stunningly beautiful diamond ring that I really admired. I loved to hold my hand up and stare at it in order to see how it sparkled in different kinds of light. I was in the habit of looking at it as the last thing I did before turning out the lights at night and the first thing in the morning when I woke up.

One morning I awoke and put my hand in the air to lay my eyes on the lovely rock and it was gone. It was not on my finger. Now, it is a fact that the ring was too small for my finger. I could get it on and off only with some vaseline. I was pondering getting it resized, but in my vanity I was certain that I would loose weight by my wedding day and only have to get it resized again. So that ring could never have fallen off. I was so sure that it didn't fall off that the first thing that came to mind was that someone had broken into my apartment and stolen it right off my hand. I went and checked the doors and windows but they were secure. I then went through all the bedding and my clothing meticulously, checked the floor, moved furniture and still could not find it. I then thought that perhaps I went sleep walking and took it off myself in the middle of the night. I checked the bathroom and kitchen, even removing the drain traps. I was completely stumped, panicked and a little afraid. It had disappeared.

Since I was under a deadline and had wasted a lot of time, I hurried to get ready to get to the hospital for morning rounds. In tears I went to the door to leave the apartment, really overwhelmed by the loss of the ring, when I had the sudden inclination to go back to the bedroom one more time. I stood there staring at the bed when the idea came to me to look under the bed. I knelt down, once again, and looked. There, plain as day, sitting directly in the center of the floor beneath the double bed was the ring. I had looked there several times before, even with a flashlight, and it was not there. How could I have missed it before, and more importantly, how did it get there even if I did miss it? Was I crawling around on the floor in my sleep?

Well, the marriage was a troubled one and in hind sight a big mistake. To this day I am convinced that someone was trying to send me a message with that ring event. Someone was trying to wake me up and it just might have been that short wooly haired midwayer who waits for me at night. I really don't know. I could be completely crazy.

Here's one more story that I think might be about my friendly midwayer too. I had a horrible closed head injury that I didn't realize caused internal bleeding. I walked around with it for a month before the bleed got so large that terrible things began to happen. It was when I was driving home from work at the hospital one late, dark night in February. I was on an unlit country road about 5 miles from home when I had the urge to clear my throat and cough. Well, that little cough resulted in a brain herniation that caused a severe vertiginous reaction and I realized that I was blacking out. At that time an eerie light seemed to engulf me and I felt someone take my hands and grab the steering wheel. I knew that I was not completely conscious and could tell that someone was driving the car, but I knew it was not me because I could not see the road. It was very strange . . . maybe because my head was hopelessly screwed up . . . or maybe it was one of those near death out of body experiences, I don't know. Somehow, I pulled into my drive, crawled into the house and passed out. I am absolutely certain that someone else drove me home that night. I was too busy trying not to die to drive; in fact, I was hunched over. So . . . whoever it was . . . I'm forever grateful. It had to be a midwayer.

Edited by Bonita

Thanks for sharing those experiences. I, for one, don't doubt your sanity.

If I can comment with no pretense of any special insight or authority on these things, the first sounds very much like a kind of waking dream. That is, you started to wake up and believed that you had done so and were actually carrying out your intentions to check on the boys, but in fact you were still dreaming. The dream included a midwayer. When you went back to your own bedroom, you finally did actually wake up. These sorts of dreams are not so uncommon, and probably account for many reports of unusual experiences, such as alien abductions and ghostly encounters.

In the ring case, there's no question but that you were fully alert. Nonetheless, it's well documented that we are perfectly capable of not seeing what is right in front of our eyes, if we believe it's not there. If you had convinced yourself that the ring was in fact lost, and allowed that belief to lock in and escalate to the point of panic, then you could easily look right at it and not see it. I've had this happen to me, more than once. Not only that, without knowing anything about what midwayers actually do, I have to say that it seems very odd that one might attempt to intervene in an impending marriage in this spooky way.

The third case, however, sounds to me more like the real thing. For one thing, it is entirely consistent with a fairly large body of "guardian angel" reports from all over the world. Sometimes skeptics say, If guardian angels are real, then why are these kinds of interventions so uncommon? Well, if the UB is right, the actual number of secondary midwayers is rather small, relative to the size of the world. They would have to be at the right place at the right time. Moreover, there's nothing in the UB to indicate that secondary midwayers are the constant companions of specific individuals. The "guardian angel" parallel is very loose. But it doesn't strain belief to suppose that a secondary midwayer was checking in on you, knew that you were at risk, and helped you out of a bad situation.

So, I find the third case to be the most indicative of what I imagine the influence of secondary midwayers might be like.

Thanks for the levelheaded input Todd. I've thought of all those things too. Nevertheless, I can't write off any of them as being purely imagination or dreams. I was fully alert during the first one. I even heard what the boys were saying in the basement, which I verified later. (Can't say what it was because it was rather foul). And, if it was a dream, why would I have included a midwayer in it? The midwayer had nothing to do with checking on bad behavior from boys in the basement.

The ring thing. Trust me, I definitely believed it was in the apartment and knew it had be in the bed or around the bed (unless I had gone for a walk-about, which I've never done, but I entertained that idea). Where else would it be? I had not reached a point of panic until I had to leave the apartment without the ring and knew I wouldn't be back for 36 hours to look again. The thought of not knowing what had happened for that long and having to tell my future husband was very hard to bear. Plus I did not want to go to the hospital without it on my finger. I was having trouble with a few men that would have taken it as cue to hit on me. No, I was highly motivated to find it . . . very highly motivated. I had carefully gone through all the bedding, lifting the mattress and box spring, moving the night stands, even moving the bed itself, as well as searching under the bed multiple times, there was nothing else under the bed either to obstruct the view . . . it was not there. I do wish I had heeded that wake-up call though even if it was not a midwayer . . . it was clearly a foreshadowing of things to come. And incidentally, that ring never fell off again, ever. I had to pry it off after my wedding to get the wedding band beneath it "closest to my heart". Even my husband couldn't get it off. We had to soak my hand in ice water and use several tries with vaseline. It even ripped a little skin off. No . . . it was way, way too strange.

Being saved from certain death . . . well all I can say is that this has happened to me more than once, each time spookier than the last. I don't really understand it at all, and frankly, I've quit trying to. It is what it is. I may never know the truth about it.

Well, it's pretty interesting. In the first case, the most dreamlike elements are your silent yell and out-of-body perspective. But I can't account for your accurate recollection of whatever the guys were saying in the basement.

Concerning the second...I have no further comment, except that it just seems wrong, especially in conjunction with the first case. That is, if a midwayer is able and willing to manifest himself to you as readily as appearing fully clothed sitting on your living room sofa and announcing his identity, then there's little reason for him to resort to alarming games with your diamond ring. Indeed, even in the first case, one has to wonder why he disappeared and didn't continue waiting for you, or in some other way assure you that he was real. Indeed, I'd have to say that it seems irresponsible to appear, say "I've been waiting for you", which suggests that he has a message or some other important reason to be there, and then disappear. So, these two cases set off my skeptical alarms.

The third does not. At least, as long as I'm able to grant the possibility that invisible quasi-material beings such as secondary midwayers exist at all, in small numbers, and they are generally not allowed to manifest themselves openly, then the occasional intervention to save a life makes sense. On the other hand, communicating by means of hiding rings smacks too much of "omens"--not a tactic I'd expect midwayers to favor, if their mission is to steer us toward light and life.

I once had an experience of a somewhat similar sort. I was 20 years old, living alone in London. I was broke, and lonely. One night, I was out wandering around. It was late enough that there wasn't much traffic. I stepped off a curb into Portobello Road. Even though I'd been in London for months at that point, I failed to look the right way, and a black taxi came zooming by from the other direction. I felt as if someone jerked me back, and the cab missed me by inches. I then heard a male voice clearly say "That was a warning." It was clear enough that I immediately looked around to see who had said it, but there was nobody anywhere in sight. Interestingly, the voice had a neutral American accent. I never made much of this incident, but I never forgot it either. I've always just assumed that I hallucinated the voice, in response to the stress of the near miss.

Thanks for sharing possible midwayer sightings.

I always say that I believe it would not be amiss to assume that Urantia Book readers are pretty automatic shoe-ins for the third circle and a personal seraphim. I can't speak with authority. It's just my opinion that if someone is involved in the 5th epochal revelation, they most likely have a personal seraphim.

The apostles also had midwayers assigned to their watch care, which is why I also believe that UB readers most likely have midwayers assigned to them too. Our readership is on the level of the followers of Jesus of Nazareth after all. Of course, it's just my own speculation, but I believe Rick has his own seraphim and midwayer and Nigel has his own seraphim and midwayer and myself and Bonita and Meredith and so on and so on and so on.

On a side note, I am well aware that there are many drug users that attend study groups with the sole purpose of purchasing weed and LSD. I don't know where they fit in to the scheme of things. I'm not really talking about those kind of readers in this post. I just wanted to share that I also had an enxperience with what may have been a midwayer.

I've posted before that there was a man in my house when I was 17 who I saw appear and disappear before my eyes. I was fully awake. My mom has seen him too. And she doesn't even believe in the UB. She thinks it's a hallucination.

But I did have a dream when I was at my apartment in 2005 that a black man was yelling at me to wake up. He called me Miss True, not by my first name. My last name is True. He yelled at me, "Miss True...Miss True!!!" Finally I woke up. It turns out I had fallen asleep with the window open in front of me and anyone could have been looking in or climbing in. It wasn't a safe way to sleep. I speculated that maybe it was a midwayer scolding me for not being safe. But I have no proof of that.

Anyway, as for the drugees who hang out in the study groups buying and selling psychadellics, I hope that an undercover cop reads this post and goes in and arrests them all.

Edited by Midsoniter woman