#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

Forum Friends,

President Charland continues his global travels, the latest junket was thru northern Europe. Read his complete blog and view hundreds of photos of all travels HERE:

Chartering A New UAI Association In Ukraine

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:09 AM

Dear friends,

It is with pleasure that I bring the good news of the chartering of the Urantia Association of Ukraine. On Saturday in the city of Bila Tserkva, about 50 miles from Kiev was held the ceremony of the chartering of this new association, 15 readers were present for that historical event. The peoples of Ukraine are very warm and hospitable and we did enjoy their company and food very much. Georges Dupont from the Foundation was with us for the Chartering ceremony. You can read about my present trip to Europe and see the pictures on my blog at: www.uai-president.org

I am at this time in Finland to meet the readers and the day after tomorrow I am going to Tallin, Estonia.

In spirit of brotherhood,Gaétan G. Charland - President UAI

From the President's blog:

This is the second tour this year that I made to foster the Leadership Symposium that will take place next year in Chicago. I started this trip by going to Ukraine to charter a new association. The chartering of that new association was in the making for nearly two years and it finally found its conclusion on the Saturday afternoon of the 4th of December.

We arrived Gary Rawlings and I in Ukraine with some delays due to bad weather in Europe. Georges Michelson-Dupont, vice-president of the Urantia Foundation, joined us in Ukraine, Georges was there to attend to the chartering of that new association but mostly to discuss the work of Ukrainian translation with some readers.

The readers and peoples of Ukraine are very generous and we were welcome with a lot of warmth and care. We meet the new board members the day before the ceremony and we had the opportunity to taste the delicious Ukrainian food prepared by Yuri Boyar’s mother. Yuri is the nominated president for the Ukrainian association and they have a full board with one young women, the wife of the vice-president and acting as the treasurer of the association.

On Sunday morning, Georges Dupont and I left the city of Bila Tserkva where the chartering was held and which is about 50 miles from Kiev, Georges to take a flight back home and I to take an hotel room close to the airport for a flight to Stockholm, Sweden the next day. I really enjoyed my stay in Ukraine but I would of love coming here in the summer, Ukraine has a lot of farmland and trees and apparently a marvelous seacoast on the Black sea, well another time.

I am flying very early to Sweden so I need to take some sleep.

Have a look at the pictures.

Pictures and Blog: http://www.uai-presi...og/My_Blog.html

UAI President's Website, Blogs and Photos of the South American Tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users