Photo

Socially Unfit Individuals

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

(592.5) 52:2.12 It is neither tenderness nor altruism to bestow futile sympathy upon degenerated human beings, unsalvable abnormal and inferior mortals. There exist on even the most normal of the evolutionary worlds sufficient differences between individuals and between numerous social groups to provide for the full exercise of all those noble traits of altruistic sentiment and unselfish mortal ministry without perpetuating the socially unfit and the morally degenerate strains of evolving humanity. There is abundant opportunity for the exercise of tolerance and the function of altruism in behalf of those unfortunate and needy individuals who have not irretrievably lost their moral heritage and forever destroyed their spiritual birthright.

there are many points in tub in this section before this paragraph that are important. it's a tough situation. until we stop arresting people for anything less than deliberate physical assaults, we can't even start.

P.592 - 3 One of the great achievements of the age of the prince is this restriction of the multiplication of mentally defective and socially unfit individuals.

P.592 - 5 It is neither tenderness nor altruism to bestow futile sympathy upon degenerated human beings, unsalvable abnormal and inferior mortals.

The talk of eugenics and moral degeneracy in the reading today has made me want to start this topic. I think I just dated the UB definition of a subnormal, a "degenerate." I think he may have no Thought Adjuster. He's like a dog. Tell me what you guys think. Maybe other UB readers have had similar experiences? I didn't know that men like this even existed.

#22 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

Everyone comes to their own beliefs through experience....in those experiences, people are exposed to what they are capable of. Father loves ALL his children.

Jesus looked for hypocrisy and spoke out against it in truth.

#23 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

if you read the passages in tub about this elimination of the degenerates you'll find that it's a very deep issue and a lollipop statement about how wonderful all of god's children are, while true, doesn't talk about the issue.

Everyone comes to their own beliefs through experience....in those experiences, people are exposed to what they are capable of. Father loves ALL his children.

Jesus looked for hypocrisy and spoke out against it in truth.

#24 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

Yes, but also depends on one's own beliefs....

#25 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

we are not these impermanent bodies, we are minds which are composed of beliefs which get acted on by thoughts.

Yes, but also depends on one's own beliefs....

#26 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

Some people are genuinely mentally ill out of no fault of their own. To say they have no Thought Adjuster because of it is a little harsh, even ignorant. Many others are on food stamps and other government programs because they are in hard times and need help until they get back on their feet. It's a sad stereotype that most people on government assistance are just plain lazy.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#27 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Brian couldn't have been all that bad for you to have let him into your home so many times and for you have to considered him a potential mate. It sounds like he was just really dirty, lazy and homeless.

Edited by boomshuka, 25 February 2012 - 12:43 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#28 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

The Urantia clearly says that we are not all equal. But if I said anything derogatory about Brian, I apologize. Sometimes I don't word things properly. If there is a better way to say this stuff, please teach me the better way to speak about it. But please don't tell me not to speak of it. Don't silence the whole discussion just because it is not politically correct. This is a Urantia Book forum here to discuss Urantia Book concepts. I know this discussion would be inappropriate for just about every where else. But us UB readers should be able to talk about it somehow.

Midsoniter Woman:

Having read this topic I can understand your concerns regarding Brian and those that seem to still bother you but, I’ve seen this type of behavior in others. Your observations seem sincere enough but there are many pieces of information that you have indicated about Brian and there are many that are only implied.

If I had to make a lay diagnosis, I would say that it would be “Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder” which is not the same as OCD. According to the Psychodynamic Diagnostic Manual (PDM) the personality form of OCD is more likely in that Brain is over 60 years old and came from wealthy parents. It is not as predominant today as it was in Brian’s youth because discipline is not as predominant. Being that he acquired a Law Degree would indicate that he was intelligent enough to go through school but when it came to passing the Bar what he learned was not in his heart. Being that he attempted to pass the Bar 8 times would indicate that his parents were behind his attempt which would indicate a discipline in his upbringing that would suggest a subconscious rebellion to his parents, most likely because his father was a lawyer so he had to be a lawyer. His failure to pass the Bar was probably not due to inability but a statement of not wanting to be a lawyer and this was the easiest way to get around the stress.

You also indicated that he was married, had a child, and because of what you indicated his wife did he went to prison. Not knowing what this crime was and how long he spent in prison are probably the biggest factors as to his behavior. Being that he went to prison might indicate that he was guilty but there may have been circumstances that where he just gave up and accepted his failures in life. Depending on how long he spent in prison and how he was treated there based on his crime may have set in him a survival instinct that persons can get in those environments. Being locked in a cell, given all your clean-clothing and food, being told when to shower, when to do this or that and being dependent on inmates to stay alive can have something to do with not dropping your bar of soap. Lesser people might have went the route of suicide in the same conditions but, we do not know for sure. It is possible that his religious upbringing keeps him from the latter.

Everything else that you indicated does not, to me, seem to have anything to do with a defect that Brian might have but it does seem to have come from his upbringing and circumstance of his life.

Being that he does not pose a threat to himself or others would indicate that he is allowed to function in this manor without society interfering but, it is most evident that he does need therapy of the kind that you are not able to give him.

It would seem to me that your interest in him was very intuitive in that you saw something that you might understand or relate too. We all have a need to love and be loved but for some who can no long relate to reality after being broken, like Brain, it will take a much stronger intervention then you may be able to provide.

I’m sure that the first emotion that God felt after self-recognition was loneliness, which was the building block of the eternal universe.

Edited by As-Above-So-Below, 25 February 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#29 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

So nice to meet you!

I liked Brian because he was a good country dancer. And then it turned into a scene from Pet Sematary. Now obsessive compulsives are excessively clean and wash their hands a lot. Brian dug through garbage and then wanted to store it in my apartment. This is something only animals do. The UB warns us that we have a lot of animals genes in society with us.

But I don't even believe in psychology anyway. The UB doesn't describe anyone in terms of psychology. It uses heredity and character strengths and weaknesses. You are right about him being rebellious. And there is one thing that happened after this thread was finished a long time ago. A few months after I broke it off, I found a bag of illegal drugs in my cupboard. He left me a bag of drugs. So the fact that he was a drug addict would explain a lot.

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 27 February 2012 - 05:46 PM.

"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#30 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Studying and preaching Truth.
    More info at http://ReverendDrRed.com

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I must say Im disheartened at the initial attitude of this thread. However, my points of view were already addressed by others so Ill remain silent as to not reiterate an already heard point.

#31 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Cosmology

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

This "thread" reminds me that Jesus chose to live a homeless lifestyle and consorted freely with what many in his day considered to be "trash" that in association with him were found instead to be treasures. How common for mating impulses, when thwarted, to become fuel for denigration. - Lev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users