41 replies to this topic

#41 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I think we might be differing over semantics. While Jesus did have a choice in the manner in which he died, we can learn from the meaning of why he chose to die in the way that he did. What can we learn from Jesus' refusal to use physical force against his enemies and his radical forgiveness of his persecutors?

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#42 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I don't think we are "differing" at all Friend. I agree totally.....there are profound lessons in His choices and in His examples in all things....not the least of which is His facing mortal agony, brutality, and a violent death....with patience, kindness, forgiveness, and total faith that "what matters if all things earthly should crash", for believers live in Father's love and kindness and mercy ministries. I am misunderstanding you far less and agreeing far more Brother....I must be growing, eh? And I agree that He "chose" His manner and His time or that He allowed it (I remain uncertain here) but could definitely have chosen another way and time if it suited. But that would be an interesting topic of its own. What did our Creator and Master Son know and what did He do about it? I think there is an example here of "the act is ours and the consequence God's" wherein Jesus did not have a certainty of prekowledge and was not plagued by the not knowing. I need this example specifically. Us control freaks have much to learn about letting go of the results of our righteous acts. I must control my motives and respond to results, not control or predict them. There's one for me.
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users