20 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:26 AM

I don't think the quote about the mind of Jesus has anything at all to do with the popular cliche, "what would Jesus do?" The mind of Jesus means, "what is Jesus doing?" not "what would he do?" The cliche attempts to intellectually decipher what the 2000 year old Jesus would do if he were suddenly thrown into a particular situation in the 21st century. It completely ignores the fact that Jesus' mind is alive and completely up to date and already fully functioning in every situation. It also completely ignores the fact that one cannot determine what Jesus is doing by intellectual analysis. The process of using Jesus' mind is an exchange process where you leave your own intellect behind and allow Jesus' mind to function in its place; that is the meaning of the word exchange. And this is a purely experiential phenomenon, not an intellectual phenomenon based upon one's best recollection of what happened 2000 years ago and how it might apply to today.

So glad you chimed in on this quote, Bonita,

Such a profound, unusual, stunning and powerful teaching surely deserves its own thread. Here's the quote from an Archangel in Paper 48, Section 6:

...Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.... P.553 - 7

I will confess my mind is serving fairly well, therefore I have no need to exchange it at this time. But I do notice that when a situation occurs in which I don't know what to do, I can and do ask myself 'what would Jesus do?' I feel this puts me in his mental sphere somehow, where I can see things from a better, higher perspective. Without a doubt there ensues a qualitative improvement in wisdom and insight, especially around matters of the spirit, matters about ethics. Is this a (small) mind exchange? I don't know, only that it works for me.

Maybe other Forumites have pondered or had experience in applying one of the most striking and unforgettable of all the teachings in 2097 pages. Indeed, if this sentence was the only revelation we received, it could be parlayed into a very progressive Morontia life right here on Urantia, eh?

Comments invited, Rick

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

I guess we all think of this differently. When I'm in a pickle I don't wonder what Jesus would do, I ask him what he'd like me to do. I ask him for the best way to think about whatever the conundrum is, which means that I have to suspend the thoughts I currently have on the subject while I listen to his. Actually, it is a real exchange. I give him my thoughts, ask for his, then they just blossom and open like a rose, which is when I usually say, WOW! HOLY COW!

The secret is to suspend your own prejudicial thinking on a subject in favor of his, which is hard if yours is emotionally laden; it takes practice. Now I confess that over the years I have done this so often, especially after my brain injury, that it has become a habit. I've more or less learned that I prefer his mind over my own and have discovered that it is always there, like a perpetual prayer. His mind is in me, always praying for me and with me.

This exchange is also what TUB is referring to in the following quote when it says that we can experience enhanced fellowship with Michael. Fellowshipping requires an exchange of thoughts within a relationship.

p2061:02 The spirit never creates a consciousness of himself, only a consciousness of Michael, the Son. From the beginning Jesus taught that the spirit would not speak of himself. The proof, therefore, of your fellowship with the Spirit of Truth is not to be found in your consciousness of this spirit but rather in your experience of enhanced fellowship with Michael.

It is also what Jesus meant when he said this:

180.6.2 I must be divested of this mortal body and be restored to my place on high before I can send this spirit teacher to live in your souls and lead your spirits into the truth. And when my spirit comes to indwell you, he will illuminate the difference between sin and righteousness and will enable you to judge wisely in your hearts concerning them.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.

#3 Teobeck

Teobeck

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Religion. Music. Blues, Classic R&B and Gospel in particular.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

I agree with you both. I find that I must first read for awhile to get oriented to the elevated thoughts coming from the spiritual world of Jesus, and their application to finite matters here, and then move into prayer and oftimes worship and then sleep.

This process reminds me first of Jesus' life and teachings, the problems he faced and how he dealt with them, and his advice as well. Of course the SOT helps with that process, to get my mind in his higher gear, and add faith, humility, thanks, love, etc..

I remember so many things then, like the Sermon on the Mount, the last supper, his post resurrection appearances, the list is almost endless. It's as if I was there. It then seems my finite thoughts are totally replaced by he and his thoughts, which was where I was trying to get to. That is my process of exchanging my thoughts for his.

This is a deep, very personal subject. But I know that it's also the most valuable of all, to me. Otherwise I would be overwhelmed by finite life many times. I have no strength other than the Lord.

Best to all

#4 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

The other day I was reading this interesting quote:

When man yields the “fruits of the spirit” in his life, he is simply showing forth the traits which the Master manifested in his own earthly life. When Jesus was on earth, he lived his life as one personality — Jesus of Nazareth. As the indwelling spirit of the “new teacher,” the Master has, since Pentecost, been able to live his life anew in the experience of every truth-taught believer. (2062.10) 194:3.1

And is possible the reference "the mind of Jesus of Nazareth" is related with the indwelling spirit, the Spirit of Truth. There is a word in hebrew language who describe "heart and mind" as an all, is lebab. As many jews in Jesus time, the mind reside into the heart, and with time becomes a symbol, the center of man. There are many meanings like inner soul, mind, will, heart, understanding, conscience.

Is very interesting what you say Rick, about "'what would Jesus do?" because this quote abode give a idea about what important is the fruits of the spirit.

Good day!.

Edited by Jose Alberto Wonsover, 18 December 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#5 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's been almost two years since we delved into this topic, but it has come up again most recently in OPAD, so I'd like to resurrect this thread in honor of a dear friend, the Spirit of Truth.

The mind exchange, the fruits of the spirit, the living vine . . . we are given so much help we hardly know what to do with it. Said Jesus:

"Behold, I stand at the doors of men's hearts and knock, and if any man will open to me, I will come in and sup with him and will feed him with the bread of life; we shall be one in spirit and purpose, and so shall we ever be brethren in the long and fruitful service of the search for the Paradise Father." (p1829:04)

#6 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

...Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.... P.553 - §7

I have highlighted this particular quote in every copy of TUB I have had in my posession, ever since I first read it in the Barnes & Noble bookstore in August of 2000. In fact, that was the reason I purchased my first copy! When I read that statement, I knew I was holding TRUTH, and I immediately walked to the front of the store and bought it. I have given away many copies in the years since, each with that one sentence highlighted.
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#7 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

I happen to love the "door-knocking Jesus" quote. It informs us that, as the Spirit of Truth, Jesus is eager to share his mind with us. He's actually asking us before we know to ask him. He's banging away at the door trying to get our attention, to let us know that he can offer more than what our meager minds are telling us, if we'd only open the darn door and let him in. Unlike the Adjuster who indwells as soon as the path is prepared and who comes to stay, the Spirit of Truth must be invited in and engaged on a more conscious level in order for him to stay. The Adjuster can do his work in our unconscious minds as long as there is not active resistance, but the Spirit of Truth requires a little more conscious interaction for an exchange to take place. And this is why men and women sometimes fear letting him in; because, once he enters the human mind, he elevates, transforms and transfigures it. (1103:06) He is not passive; he is an active mind exchanger, and you must be willing to take the challenge.

p2065:07 Pentecost, then and now, signifies that the Jesus of history has become the divine Son of living experience. The joy of this outpoured spirit, when it is consciously experienced in human life, is a tonic for health, a stimulus for mind, and an unfailing energy for the soul.

p2083:02 Modern men and women of intelligence evade the religion of Jesus because of their fears of what it will do to them--and with them. And all such fears are well founded. The religion of Jesus does, indeed, dominate and transform its believers, demanding that men dedicate their lives to seeking for a knowledge of the will of the Father in heaven and requiring that the energies of living be consecrated to the unselfish service of the brotherhood of man.

#8 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

And We Open The Door For The Spirit of Truth
And Invite Him IN , Threw And By Prayer/s , Sincere Prayer/s
'' perpetual prayer.''
And GOD Consciousness ,

Correct , Yes ?

#9 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

And We Open The Door For The Spirit of Truth
'' perpetual prayer.''
And GOD Consciousness ,

Correct , Yes ?

Yes. We begin with prayer and make it perpetual through service. It's the great circle of love.

p1950:05 Love, unselfishness, must undergo a constant and living readaptative interpretation of relationships in accordance with the leading of the Spirit of Truth. Love must thereby grasp the ever-changing and enlarging concepts of the highest cosmic good of the individual who is loved. And then love goes on to strike this same attitude concerning all other individuals who could possibly be influenced by the growing and living relationship of one spirit-led mortal's love for other citizens of the universe. And this entire living adaptation of love must be effected in the light of both the environment of present evil and the eternal goal of the perfection of divine destiny.

#10 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

...Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.... P.553 - §7

(1103:06) He is not passive; he is an active mind exchanger, and you must be willing to take the challenge.

To Be Very Honest , For Many Years , reading and striveing to understand
these Quotes , Ive Often Been Confused over What Exactly These Quotes Mean ,
BY'' If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth''

And That '' you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth''

Ive Been Confused About HOW And The Way/s To DO This , ... For Years ,
{ Im A little slow sometimes , on some things it Take Time To Sink IN I Guess eh }

Ive Been Confused , About HOW And The Way/s To DO This , ...
Unsure an yet at Times Maybe Only Thinking That I Know .

Maybe Ive Personaly Made IT A Bit To Complex in My Thoughts About IT
And Yet Maybe IT Simply Means What I First Thought ALL Along . ?

That WHEN We Open The Door For The Spirit of Truth
'' perpetual prayer.''
And GOD Consciousness ,

Correct , Yes ?

OR Am I Still Confused and Misunderstanding ?

HELP ?

#11 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Yes, say on!! For I have been stumped by exchanging my mind for Michael's...seemed so out of reach for my mind. This makes perfect sense. One of my favorite childhood images of Jesus in our church was Him standing at the door, patiently knocking. How can I remain so dumb? A million watt light just exploded in my mind. Thank you all.

:wub:
Peace be upon you."

#12 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

AMEN !

A Ah Ha Moment for me ,
A Sincere Thank You Sister Bonita !
I Get It an Got IT NOW
NOW I KNOW !

{ BTW ~ My Last Post Above , I Posted 1 min After yours ,
Before I Got To Read Yours , Sorry for any confusion by me , on my part }

YES , AMEN
The Keys of The Kingdom are Threw Sincere Perpetual Prayer/s

'' perpetual through service. It's the great circle of love.'

AMEN ~ LOVE ,

Sincere Perpetual Prayer/s

In Loveing GOD

Loveing One Another

The Golden Rule

In Doing GODs Will

Thy Will BE Done

FAITH

LOVE , FAITH , HOPE And Healing

AMEN

p1950:05 Love, unselfishness, must undergo a constant and living readaptative interpretation of relationships in accordance with the leading of the Spirit of Truth. Love

'' Yes. We begin with prayer and make it perpetual through service. It's the great circle of love.''

WOW ! What A Great Statement of Truth , Thanks

And A Great Quote !

You And The Quote Helpd Me To Understand and To NOW Know

I Feel IT All Sinking into My Mind , Spirit And Very Soul

p1950:05 Love, unselfishness, must undergo a constant and living readaptative interpretation of relationships in accordance with the leading of the Spirit of Truth. Love must thereby grasp the ever-changing and enlarging concepts of the highest cosmic good of the individual who is loved. And then love goes on to strike this same attitude concerning all other individuals who could possibly be influenced by the growing and living relationship of one spirit-led mortal's love for other citizens of the universe. And this entire living adaptation of love must be effected in the light of both the environment of present evil and the eternal goal of the perfection of divine destiny.

Edited by Coop, 10 November 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#13 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

NAMASTE

Edited by Coop, 10 November 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#14 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

To Be Very Honest , For Many Years , reading and striveing to understand
these Quotes , Ive Often Been Confused over What Exactly These Quotes Mean ,
BY'' If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth''

This is not something to understand with the intellect. You have to think of the Spirit of Truth as a person because it requires a relationship. Why a relationship? Because Jesus, the Spirit of Truth, is knocking on the door to the soul and the soul is a relationship (111:2.7). We are told that the Spirit of Truth sojourns with the soul, conspiring with the Father to help us comprehend spirit values.

p17:02 We know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings.

The Jesus mind exchange is a bridge between the material mind and the soul, where his Father has contact. That's why he calls himself the living vine. The Spirit of Truth is interested in getting us to know the Father and how the Father thinks, which is why he said that everything that the Father has is now his and he can reveal it to us. He does this as the living bridge of revelation. The Spirit of Truth interprets, translates and brings to the surface what the Adjuster is attempting to do for us in the deep mind. The Spirit of Truth helps the material mind grasp the truth the Adjuster is providing.

p1952:00 Everything which the Father has in this domain is now mine; wherefore did I say that this new teacher would take of that which is mine and reveal it to you.

Obviously, the question then is, how do I establish a relationship with the Spirit of Truth? Each person will have to answer this in his own personal way. For me it was simple. I started talking to Jesus when I was 4 years old after my sister was born and I could no longer get the "only child" attention I craved. He was my imaginary friend, what TUB calls an alter ego. It just grew from there, exactly like TUB says it will. I got enchanted with Jesus from children's bible books that were lying around my house. He seemed like the perfect person to trust at the time, and he was and still is.

Its all about starting a personal dialogue with the one person who walked this earth and knows everything there is to know about being human and who also knows about the struggle of going from human thinking to divine thinking. I call it a chat with my dear Lord, my loving Master, the one who gives me his undivided attention as if I were his "only child". Some call it prayer, others call it communion, some call it fellowship, and others might call it meditation. It doesn't matter what you call it, you just have to do it. But do it like a child would do it, not like a giant already grown-up intellect would do it.

Concentrate on the relationship and let the fruit just grow on its own. It will spill over into your life, you will share it, you will enrich the world, you will serve God and you will know that his will is done.

P.S. Ooops! Just realized I didn't need to answer your post Coop since you moved on already! No matter. Thanks for the question.

Edited by Bonita, 10 November 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#15 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Bonita!! Although the mortal mind may not accurately assess "who's on first" in our mind and spirit ministries, they are under no such cloud of confusion, eh? I like your suggestion...that we "converse" as a child to a special friend or indulgent family member without regard to any pre knowledge of to whom we actually speak. For within the speaking and listening comes all the fruits of such "conversation". But for me, the effect of your insight is to personalize the Spirit of Truth AS Michael's voice and surrogate presence in each mind. I have thought of the SoT as a force or speaker more than a personalized agent of the Master Son and by such limitation, have retarded my ability to "hear" the voice of truth and confirmation within. Would love to hear more on the topic. :)

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 19 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#16 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

p2061:02 Do not make the mistake of expecting to become strongly intellectually conscious of the outpoured Spirit of Truth. The spirit never creates a consciousness of himself, only a consciousness of Michael, the Son. From the beginning Jesus taught that the spirit would not speak of himself. The proof, therefore, of your fellowship with the Spirit of Truth is not to be found in your consciousness of this spirit but rather in your experience of enhanced fellowship with Michael.

The Spirit of Truth is experiential. It is a relationship with Michael. When you answer the knock at the door and invite him in, you experience an "enhanced fellowship with Michael". It's wonderful because we are unable to see ourselves as we really are, mostly because we are too close to our own psyches and too far from our souls. Michael's Spirit of Truth sees us as the Father does and he gently reveals our true selves to our consciousness, as much as we are willing and as much as we are able and as much as God wills. It grows.

#17 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I really hope you will lead us further into this topic Sister Bonita...for if only ONE truth were to be gleaned from the Revelation, is it not this ONE that opens the door to trust, faith, love, hope, peace of mind, happiness - the very bedrock of the pilgrim's progress??!! I remain, still, too focused on the truths confirmed and the truths revealed by our Revelation to the point, perhaps, of distraction...if any understand what I mean..... eye and mind candies, so many to behold, we can become awed to dwell on or attached to our confoundments. The "secret" knowledge, not at all hidden within the Revelation, is this relationship with Michael and by TA AND Michael with Father in balance with the Spirit of Truth and Holy Spirit to create soul/morontia mind which feeds the Supreme and leads to the grandest adventure beyond our imagination.....this is the very center of the hiway to Havona.

The less I know of this by experience and practice, the further from the center of the hiway is my trail, winding around and around, up and down. whoooeeee, I just took 10 years of trail time to move 100 dang yards down the hiway. NUTS!! If I'm not too stupid, I should learn to not stray so far from the hiway's edge (at least) and then learn to find the very center of this hiway to fusion and finaliter adventures to come. The combined circuits and celestial agents of mind and spirit work best "in balance". The real and only important circuitry must be connected by our will, our wish, our priority and intent, and our act....making our connection at each point critical to both the circuitry and the balance. While all of "them" are, of course fully incircuited, we must complete the circuit to fill our own souls and progress in morontia mind. The importance of Michael as friend, mentor, brother, father, and creator was demonstrated and articulated by Him.....I have much yet to learn about His gift to each and to all and the accompanying invasion/flood of Thought Adjusters. I hope for further discussion on making the Michael connection work for us and through us......

The Significance of Pentecost

(2060.6) 194:2.1 Jesus lived on earth and taught a gospel which redeemed man from the superstition that he was a child of the devil and elevated him to the dignity of a faith son of God. Jesus’ message, as he preached it and lived it in his day, was an effective solvent for man’s spiritual difficulties in that day of its statement. And now that he has personally left the world, he sends in his place his Spirit of Truth, who is designed to live in man and, for each new generation, to restate the Jesus message so that every new group of mortals to appear upon the face of the earth shall have a new and up-to-date version of the gospel, just such personal enlightenment and group guidance as will prove to be an effective solvent for man’s ever-new and varied spiritual difficulties.

(2060.7) 194:2.2 The first mission of this spirit is, of course, to foster and personalize truth, for it is the comprehension of truth that constitutes the highest form of human liberty. Next, it is the purpose of this spirit to destroy the believer’s feeling of orphanhood. Jesus having been among men, all believers would experience a sense of loneliness had not the Spirit of Truth come to dwell in men’s hearts.

(2061.1) 194:2.3 This bestowal of the Son’s spirit effectively prepared all normal men’s minds for the subsequent universal bestowal of the Father’s spirit (the Adjuster) upon all mankind. In a certain sense, this Spirit of Truth is the spirit of both the Universal Father and the Creator Son.

(2061.2) 194:2.4 Do not make the mistake of expecting to become strongly intellectually conscious of the outpoured Spirit of Truth. The spirit never creates a consciousness of himself, only a consciousness of Michael, the Son. From the beginning Jesus taught that the spirit would not speak of himself. The proof, therefore, of your fellowship with the Spirit of Truth is not to be found in your consciousness of this spirit but rather in your experience of enhanced fellowship with Michael.

(2061.3) 194:2.5 The spirit also came to help men recall and understand the words of the Master as well as to illuminate and reinterpret his life on earth.

(2061.4) 194:2.6 Next, the Spirit of Truth came to help the believer to witness to the realities of Jesus’ teachings and his life as he lived it in the flesh, and as he now again lives it anew and afresh in the individual believer of each passing generation of the spirit-filled sons of God.

(2061.5) 194:2.7 Thus it appears that the Spirit of Truth comes really to lead all believers into all truth, into the expanding knowledge of the experience of the living and growing spiritual consciousness of the reality of eternal and ascending sonship with God.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 19 November 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#18 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

.....this is the very center of the hiway to Havona.

Exactly. Do you remember the time when Thomas said to Jesus that he did not know the way, but would follow Jesus wherever he led him? And Jesus said:

180:3.7 "Thomas, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man goes to the Father except through me. All who find the Father, first find me. If you know me, you know the way to the Father."

#19 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Bradley, your contemplations and comments resonate with me! I sometimes become over-awed with the grand sweep and majestic vastness of the Father's cosmos, too. You mentioned taking ten years to progress 100 yards, and I laughed out loud, because I feel the same way!

As a neophyte, and as one not overly educated in my Father's expansive kingdom, I sometimes despair over making any progress. HOWEVER, it is okay, for my comprehension will grow as I grow, and my achievements will increase as I increase in faith and action. I think that I might expect too much of myself, as my lifetime is still so microscopic that I have not the right frame of reference to accurately judge my genuine spiritual progress. It might be as an acorn lamenting the fact that two or three days after being dropped, it is not as tall as the 100 year old oaks surrounding it in the forest!

We have the watchcare and protection and nurturing of amazingly ANCIENT beings surrounding us! Our Guardian Angels, and the MidWayers, and the Spirit of our Universe Sovereign are so very much older than us, and so very much more experienced than us, that we cannot seek to compare ourselves with them in any category of comprehension, achievement, or strength. The absolute vastness of the history of even our relatively new universe of Nebadon is spread over 987 Billion years! Maybe 100 yards every decade is excellent progress, eh?

As an acorn, I might comprehend there is a long road of life ahead; or I might discern that my growth potential is immense; but I should not worry that I have barely sprouted. I hear a little whisper saying to me: "Ah! Your eyes are beginning to open, little one. Glory to God that you are beginning to sprout!"

Edited by JR Sherrod, 30 November 2012 - 03:17 PM.

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#20 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thanks JR !! We are to be HAPPY !!! It is Father's Way and Will that all His children live in sublime confidence, eh? It is His will and way that each faith child lives a fruitful and bountiful life too. Those so busy counting circles and claiming guardian pairs and TA conversations and self acting TAs and reservist status slay me; as dumb and slow as I am, even I know better than that horse manure. Such are far too advanced for such a tadpole of a pilgrim as me. I don't need to know everything to know enough to be happy and know tranquility. And I'd rather be a happy fool than a miserable saint, eh? Father seems pleased by my 10 year, 100 yard "marathon" as He rewards me with His gifts of spirit fruits and even my material life, while still vicissitudenous, is mostly calm and progressive and satisfies my daily bread needs and those I love who depend on me. Life is good. I am glad and thankful. I'm going for 1000 yards+ the next 10 years...if Father gives me that time here and doesn't punish such aspirations of grandeur (haha)!! Tell me, why do any want to miss the Mansion Worlds? What's the rush? Is there a deadline I missed somewhere? Skip, sing, play, rest...arm in arm we go up the glory road....forevermore. Smell those roses as we go. Hold onto wonder and delight!! Be child like in Father's kingdom....for it belongs to us too. Jesus lived just so. And we can have His mind. Is that His giggle I hear? What a wonderful thing to know and to have. I'm working on that right now. May we all glow with glee!!
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users