#1 3rd Adam

3rd Adam

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hello my friends,

I'm kick start a PEACE for one day project on 1/1/11 at 12:01 am, local time zone, on Facebook. It involves changing your profile picture to a DOVE WITH AN OLIVE BRANCH like mines. Please join me on this important project for humanity. Also please help spread the words.

If you already have Facebook account, please request me as your friend.

If you don't have a Facebook account yet, please sign up and request me as your friend.

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation!
3L - Love, Light and Life

Savuth

"We are ONE through our consciousness" - the Creator

#2 Guest_rich.sachs_*

Guest_rich.sachs_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

85:3.4 The worship of insects and other animals was promoted by a later misinterpretation of the golden rule — doing to others (every form of life) as you would be done by. The ancients once believed that all winds were produced by the wings of birds and therefore both feared and worshiped all winged creatures. The early Nordics thought that eclipses were caused by a wolf that devoured a portion of the sun or moon. The Hindus often show Vishnu with a horse’s head. Many times an animal symbol stands for a forgotten god or a vanished cult. Early in evolutionary religion the lamb became the typical sacrificial animal and the dove the symbol of peace and love.

no dove at jesus' baptism nor when noah found land, but it is a nice symbol. maybe we can do it again for 12/21/12

Hello my friends,

I'm kick start a PEACE for one day project on 1/1/11 at 12:01 am, local time zone, on Facebook. It involves changing your profile picture to a DOVE WITH AN OLIVE BRANCH like mines. Please join me on this important project for humanity. Also please help spread the words.

If you already have Facebook account, please request me as your friend.

If you don't have a Facebook account yet, please sign up and request me as your friend.

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation!

#3 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

85:3.4 The worship of insects and other animals was promoted by a later misinterpretation of the golden rule — doing to others (every form of life) as you would be done by. The ancients once believed that all winds were produced by the wings of birds and therefore both feared and worshiped all winged creatures. The early Nordics thought that eclipses were caused by a wolf that devoured a portion of the sun or moon. The Hindus often show Vishnu with a horse’s head. Many times an animal symbol stands for a forgotten god or a vanished cult. Early in evolutionary religion the lamb became the typical sacrificial animal and the dove the symbol of peace and love.

no dove at jesus' baptism nor when noah found land, but it is a nice symbol. maybe we can do it again for 12/21/12

Hi rich, all,

A symbol, such as a dove or a cross, is one thing, but numbers, such as in a date, seem to harken to olden times when fetishes were in vogue.

Certain days of the week were fetishes. For ages Friday has been regarded as an unlucky day and the number thirteen as an evil numeral. The lucky numbers three and seven came from later revelations; four was the lucky number of primitive man and was derived from the early recognition of the four points of the compass. It was held unlucky to count cattle or other possessions; the ancients always opposed the taking of a census, "numbering the people." P. 968 - §1

Here's a cautionary note for people who dabble in this, that or the other in pursuit of their highest ideals.

Do not overlook the value of your spiritual heritage, the river of truth running down through the centuries, even to the barren times of a materialistic and secular age. In all your worthy efforts to rid yourselves of the superstitious creeds of past ages, make sure that you hold fast the eternal truth. But be patient! when the present superstition revolt is over, the truths of Jesus' gospel will persist gloriously to illuminate a new and better way. P. 2082 - §6

Eventually we'll rid ourselves of the superstitious creeds of past ages and ascend the evolutionary scale of life to a new and better way through the truths of the gospel of Jesus.

It was not merely out of curiosity that the ancients sought to know the future; they wanted to dodge ill luck. Divination was simply an attempt to avoid trouble. During these times, dreams were regarded as prophetic, while everything out of the ordinary was considered an omen. And even today the civilized races are cursed with the belief in signs, tokens, and other superstitious remnants of the advancing ghost cult of old. Slow, very slow, is man to abandon those methods whereby he so gradually and painfully ascended the evolutionary scale of life. P. 963 - §9

All the best,
Meredith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users