#1 Rick Lyon

Rick Lyon

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

To all students of The Urantia Book,

Urantia Association International (UAI) is firmly committed to developing leaders for the fifth epochal revelation. Next year, 2011, leaders from all of Urantia will gather in Chicago for spiritual, personal, and organizational leadership training. This unique and historic event is the "UAI Leadership 2011" symposium.

Symposium participants will receive a fresh understanding of the Urantia revelation history and develop skills in organization and teamwork, with an emphasis on fostering study groups. We see increasing interest and awareness of The Urantia Book worldwide. There is an increasing need for teachers and leaders to serve the growing international readership community.

At UAI Leadership 2011, current leaders will be strengthened and new leaders will be nurtured. Experienced leaders will interact with other leaders who will then return to their communities as ambassadors of progress and the spiritual development for this planet. This event will give leaders a model for training teachers and leaders in their local areas when they return home and the continuing support they need to serve their local readership community. We believe this will be a major benefit to the spiritual evolution of our planet.

We need your help with prayers and financial support. Funding is needed to pay for the event facilities, program materials, and assist with travel expenses for participants coming from far away places. You support needed today to make this event possible.

A reader of The Urantia Book has posted a $20,000 matching fund challenge. Your financial contribution, whether in Dollars, Euros, Pesos, or Pounds, will automatically be doubled by this matching contribution from our anonymous benefactor. This will double your contribution to train teachers and leaders who will return to their communities as ambassadors for the Urantia revelation. We invite you to take advantage of this matching fund opportunity today by sending your own personal financial contribution to:

Urantia Association International,
559 W. Diversey Parkway #351,
Chicago, IL, 60614-7640, USA.

To contribute by debit/credit card, call UAI at: 1-773-572-1180 in the USA. We need your support for the UAI Leadership 2011 symposium. Thank you.

With love and friendship,

Rick Lyon, UAI Executive Administrator

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

Thanks much to Rick L and the symposium planners. This UAI conference is less than a year away. Things are shaping up for the event. Take a look, Rick and the planning committee just announced the promotional video.

Greetings to all,

We want to share with you a new video that we have posted to the UAI website. This is a meeting of the 2011 Leadership Symposium team. Carolyn Kendall and Barbara Newsom gave a presentation on leadership and history that we think you will find inspiring and motivating. The video is broken into three segments so it downloads quickly.

Go to www.urantia-uai.org. Click on the word “Overview” at the top left of the page. In the left column, click on “Video interview with Barbara Newsom and Carolyn Kendall”. Or, click on this link to go directly to it: http://www.urantia-u...rg/history.html

We hope you enjoy this video as much as we enjoyed being there. Please share this with all your Urantia family and friends.

With love and friendship,
Rick Lyon
UAI Executive Administrator

#3 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hey Rick -

When is the "UAI Leadership 2011" symposium going to be? I'd very much like to attend.

"JR" Sherrod
Las Vegas, Nevavd

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hey Rick -

When is the "UAI Leadership 2011" symposium going to be? I'd very much like to attend.

"JR" Sherrod
Las Vegas, Nevavd

Very good, JR. Hope you don't mind another Rick answering :) And maybe the Lyon-man will add more...

Found this link on UAI Main: http://www.uaileader...e_and_date.html

#5 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Thanks much! Now that I have a goal to work toward, maybe I can save enough to actually go and attend.

"JR" Sherrod

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users