47 replies to this topic

#41 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

I will ask that you open your mind, and not allow yourself to be guarded and too focused on any particular thought or "written" guide. Use them as a basis, but always follow your heart to the truth within EVERYTHING.

I do. I follow the Spirit of Truth wherever he would lead me. Living truth is my guide. But again, I'm here to study the revelation. I have a thread where I post truths discovered by other persons, religionists, philosophers, etc. and how they correspond to TUB, if you would like to read that instead, maybe?

#42 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

In this thought, one also needs to be aware and include the history of Urantia as well. Due to the rebellion, communication circuits were severed with Urantia until the gracious gift of the bestowal of Michael and his consequent gift of the spirit of truth.

What exactly do you mean when you say that the communication circuits were severed until the Spirit of Truth arrived? TUB does not say that the communication circuits were restored by the Spirit of Truth, it says that it no longer matters. Is that what you mean?

114:5.4 Technically, the planet is still spiritually isolated in the Norlatiadek circuits, but in an emergency this handicap can now be circumvented through utilization of the archangels’ circuit. Planetary isolation is, of course, of little concern to individual mortals since the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh nineteen hundred years ago.

Through Michael, and his gift of spirit, we are on a personality circuit, if we choose to will it with understanding, of course.

This sentence confuses me. The personality circuit has nothing to do with Michael or the Spirit of Truth. Also, I'm not sure if you're implying that the communication circuits and the personality circuit are the same thing. It's not clear to me at all. What personality circuit are you referring to? I only know of one, the Father's personality circuit. I don't think there's any mention at all in the text about Michael having one too. Maybe you can clarify this for me.

The Father's personality circuit as described in TUB is a direct link to the Universal Father and exists independent of the Thought Adjusters (pre-personal entities) and the Spirit of Truth.

p71:05 The personality circuit of the universe of universes is centered in the person of the Universal Father, and the Paradise Father is personally conscious of, and in personal touch with, all personalities of all levels of self-conscious existence. And this personality consciousness of all creation exists independently of the mission of the Thought Adjusters.

The Thought Adjusters use both prepersonal circuits and spirit-gravity circuits.

p65:4 5:3.2The Adjusters undoubtedly also utilize direct prepersonal channels of communication with God, and they are likewise able to utilize the spirit-gravity circuits of the Eternal Son.

In fact, personalities without Adjusters, and presumably without the Spirit of Truth, (since the Spirit of Truth makes it possible for all moral persons to have an Adjuster) are also able to utilize the Father's personality circuit.

5:6.12 Concerning those personalities who are not Adjuster indwelt: The attribute of choice-liberty is also bestowed by the Universal Father, and such persons are likewise embraced in the great circuit of divine love, the personality circuit of the Universal Father.

The personality circuit contacts personality, not spirit. The Spirit of Truth makes contact with spirit.

p9:3 0:6.1 Any and all things responding to the personality circuit of the Father, we call personal. Any and all things responding to the spirit circuit of the Son, we call spirit. Any and all that responds to the mind circuit of the Conjoint Actor, we call mind, mind as an attribute of the Infinite Spirit—mind in all its phases. Any and all that responds to the material-gravity circuit centering in nether Paradise, we call matter—energy-matter in all its metamorphic states.

#43 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

They are all one, Father, Son and Trinity. We are included on the personality circuit, if we will, through Michael since he is a Master Son(direct). We are connected to Master Michael through the Spirit of Truth(direct to Michael, indirect to Father).

I see everything as one, therefore dynamics of workings means little to me. My spiritual truth (belief) is that no matter how it works, I know it does work therefore why worry about it? That is why I do not worry about my own distinct inner workings because they are also one in the Father.

It is hard to share my perspective because I perceive things as one, and I do not always explain things in such detail perhaps because of this. I think it is because I see it also as (another belief of mine that), no matter how we get there, it is the final outcome that matters. There are administration personalities that look after these inner workings to Father's perfection. :)
How we get there is through personal experience, that guides us to truth through the Spirit. These are experiences that are to lead to growth and ministering. One's beliefs are truths to that individual..these are subjective, the beliefs combined create one's reality. Divine truths are those shared, same beliefs that everyone has all been lead back to....like love and mercy

#44 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

They are all one, Father, Son and Trinity. We are included on the personality circuit, if we will, through Michael since he is a Master Son(direct). We are connected to Master Michael through the Spirit of Truth(direct to Michael, indirect to Father).

I appreciate your approach to spirit, it seems sane and wise. But, I have issue with the statement that we are included in the personality circuit through Michael. Michael has nothing to do with the personality circuit; it is a circuit that belongs entirely to the Universal Father. We can only experience the personality circuit during pure worship. Michael has nothing to do with pure worship. Worship is between the personality and the Universal Father. It is initiated by the soul (which is not personality) and translated by the Thought Adjuster. In fact, the personality circuit is something in addition to the Thought Adjuster, who is a pre-personality.

That's not to say that Michael is not the recipient of adoration and worship, but the worship we offer to the Creator Son is not the same as the pure worship of personality communion which takes place in the personality circuit with the Universal Father. Michael has his own circuit. However, Michael and his Spirit of Truth do help and inspire the soul, and it is the soul which initiates worship; but, the actual work of the Spirit of Truth in the soul does not involve the personality circuit, albeit he always works in perfect coordination with the Father. What makes it confusing is that we experience the personality circuit in the soul where Michael's Spirit of Truth also dwells. I should also note that I agree that it's not important to be able to dissect all of this in actual practice, only in the study of the revelation, which is why I'm here.

I offer a few quotes to highlight my points, even though you say you dislike them. Just skip them if you perfer.

5:3.2 Supplications of all kinds belong to the realm of the Eternal Son and the Son’s spiritual organization. Prayers, all formal communications, everything except adoration and worship of the Universal Father, are matters that concern a local universe; they do not ordinarily proceed out of the realm of the jurisdiction of a Creator Son. But worship is undoubtedly encircuited and dispatched to the person of the Creator by the function of the Father’s personality circuit. We further believe that such registry of the homage of an Adjuster-indwelt creature is facilitated by the Father’s spirit presence. There exists a tremendous amount of evidence to substantiate such a belief, and I know that all orders of Father fragments are empowered to register the bona fide adoration of their subjects acceptably in the presence of the Universal Father. The Adjusters undoubtedly also utilize direct prepersonal channels of communication with God, and they are likewise able to utilize the spirit-gravity circuits of the Eternal Son.

3:1.6 The omnipresence of God is in reality a part of his infinite nature; space constitutes no barrier to Deity. God is, in perfection and without limitation, discernibly present only on Paradise and in the central universe. He is not thus observably present in the creations encircling Havona, for God has limited his direct and actual presence in recognition of the sovereignty and the divine prerogatives of the co-ordinate creators and rulers of the universes of time and space. Hence must the concept of the divine presence allow for a wide range of both mode and channel of manifestation embracing the presence circuits of the Eternal Son, the Infinite Spirit, and the Isle of Paradise. Nor is it always possible to distinguish between the presence of the Universal Father and the actions of his eternal co-ordinates and agencies, so perfectly do they fulfill all the infinite requirements of his unchanging purpose. But not so with the personality circuit and the Adjusters; here God acts uniquely, directly, and exclusively.

5:0.2 God has distributed the infinity of his eternal nature throughout the existential realities of his six absolute co-ordinates, but he may, at any time, make direct personal contact with any part or phase or kind of creation through the agency of his prepersonal fragments. And the eternal God has also reserved to himself the prerogative of bestowing personality upon the divine Creators and the living creatures of the universe of universes, while he has further reserved the prerogative of maintaining direct and parental contact with all these personal beings through the personality circuit.

5:6.10 The personality circuit of the universe of universes is centered in the person of the Universal Father, and the Paradise Father is personally conscious of, and in personal touch with, all personalities of all levels of self-conscious existence. And this personality consciousness of all creation exists independently of the mission of the Thought Adjusters.

5:6.11 As all gravity is circuited in the Isle of Paradise, as all mind is circuited in the Conjoint Actor and all spirit in the Eternal Son, so is all personality circuited in the personal presence of the Universal Father, and this circuit unerringly transmits the worship of all personalities to the Original and Eternal Personality.

#45 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

I should also note that I agree that it's not important to be able to dissect all of this
in actual practice, only in the study of the revelation, which is why I'm here.

Thanks Bonita. This touches one of the issues we face as we disseminate the concepts
offered via the Urantia papers. For those just discovering the love and truth within
which our lives unfold, this curious calculus of the non-material domain must seem...
unnecessary? But as we broaden the picture (imagine we were already ascenders on
Jerusem), basics such as the relationship of the various sources fostering our eternal
adventure, would be taken for granted.

But for those of us starting from scratch, well, that is what the 4th epochal revelation
was for: to assure us as persons that we are in the safest and most loving of hands.

Jesus replied: "God is your Father, and religion--my gospel--is nothing more nor less
than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son." (1590.5) 141:4.2

Interesting exercise, waking up a planet :)
Nigel

#46 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Dear Bonita,

I was created and the level of reality I function in is finite and will remain finite all the way to the Supreme.

Agreed. Now, think how we shift the seat of our identity to our soul [P.112, sec. 2.20, 5.4, 6.9].
The time spent choosing and struggling in the flesh serves as gestation that allows this "birth" of
our personality to a new location for expression. Think of the issues Nicodemus had with this. Now
think of the superuniverse gestation that allows us to be born from space and time, as Finaliters.

"Entirely different from all of these is the deep sleep of metamorphosis, [...]"

"; thereby do the creatures of time and space traverse the innermost margins
of the temporal and the spatial to attain residential status in the timeless and
spaceless abodes of Paradise."

"[...] And as you there spiritually repersonalize, [...] "

I was simply trying to round out this story by suggesting that our master universe career,
spent collaborating with the Supreme, will be an absonite adventure, a gestation sufficient
to allow our 7th personal dimension to subinfinitely penetrate the absolute. That's all :)

"The type of personality bestowed upon Urantia mortals has a potentiality of seven
dimensions of self-expression or person-realization. These dimensional phenomena
are realizable as three on the finite level, three on the absonite level, and one on the
absolute level. On subabsolute levels this seventh or totality dimension is experiencible
as the fact of personality. This supreme dimension is an associable absolute and, while
not infinite, is dimensionally potential for subinfinite penetration of the absolute."
[(1226.13) 112:1.9]

It's just a shift of point of view. What may to us seem like an age of education and
struggle and achievement, may look different to our Father:

"AS FAR as the Universal Father is concerned -- as a Father -- the universes are
virtually nonexistent; he deals with personalities; he is the Father of personalities."
[(164.1) 15:0.1]

I see our Father (like expectant human dads waiting for the birth of their child) full of
expectation as He waits for His Michael Sons to complete their mission. What I am
suggesting is that the job's not done till we have entered (subinfinitely penetrated)
their Father's house. Until then, we are... fostered and sponsored, but not really able
to participate in the purposes of eternity; until then we are not quite "adult" persons,
with whom our Father can have a non-trivial conversation.

PS: notice I put that absonite zipper analogy in the mouth of a "Solitary Messenger".
Recall how this class of personal being serves the finite in an unusual way:

Solitary Messengers are the only available type of spirit intelligence--aside, possibly,
from the Inspired Trinity Spirits--that can be dispatched from the headquarters of one
superuniverse directly to the headquarters of another. All other personalities must
make such excursions by way of Havona and the executive worlds of the Master Spirits.

As an astrophysicist, this separation of the superuniverses has always intrigued :D

Nigel

#47 Guest_rich.sachs_*

Guest_rich.sachs_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

i have my spiritual discussions, i never use physical force.

Pentecost, with its spiritual endowment, was designed forever to loose the religion of the Master from all dependence upon physical force; the teachers of this new religion are now equipped with spiritual weapons.

#48 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Happy Pentecost Forum Friends,

...Jesus promised to do two things after he had ascended to the Father, and after all power in heaven and on earth had been placed in his hands. He promised, first, to send into the world, and in his stead, another teacher, the Spirit of Truth; and this he did on the day of Pentecost. Second, he most certainly promised his followers that he would sometime personally return to this world.... P.1918 - §6

...When Jesus was on earth, he lived his life as one personality--Jesus of Nazareth. As the indwelling spirit of the "new teacher," the Master has, since Pentecost, been able to live his life anew in the experience of every truth-taught believer.... P.2062 - §10

...On the day of Pentecost the religion of Jesus broke all national restrictions and racial fetters. It is forever true, "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." On this day the Spirit of Truth became the personal gift from the Master to every mortal.... P.2063 - §3

...The coming of the Spirit of Truth on Pentecost made possible a religion which is neither radical nor conservative; it is neither the old nor the new; it is to be dominated neither by the old nor the young.... P.2063 - §6.

...The spirit was bestowed in the country as well as in the city. It was not necessary for the apostles to go apart to a lonely place for years of solitary meditation in order to receive the spirit. For all time, Pentecost disassociates the idea of spiritual experience from the notion of especially favorable environments.... P.2064 - §2

...Pentecost was designed to lessen the self-assertiveness of individuals, groups, nations, and races. It is this spirit of self-assertiveness which so increases in tension that it periodically breaks loose in destructive wars. Mankind can be unified only by the spiritual approach, and the Spirit of Truth is a world influence which is universal.... P.2065 - §6

...He has told them to tarry in Jerusalem until they are endowed with power--until the Spirit of Truth shall come. And on the day of Pentecost this new teacher comes, and they go out at once to preach their gospel with new power. They are the bold and courageous followers of a living Lord, not a dead and defeated leader. The Master lives in the hearts of these evangelists; God is not a doctrine in their minds; he has become a living presence in their souls.... P.2066 - §2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users