Remote Stillness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rey Baskerville_*

Guest_Rey Baskerville_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hello Fellow Agondonters!

I've an invitation that I believe falls within our community guidelines. If I am mistaken, I will eagerly and voluntarily retract the below post.

In late summer, 2009, I joined two brothers, Ernie and Michael, as we made our way to Zuma Beach on a cool Saturday afternoon for what we imagined would be a gathering of Adjusters. As the sun set against the roar of the waves between partly cloudy skies, we each offered our sincere intentions, and gently settled into that place I believe some of us have come to recognize as serene communion with our Father who indwells us. To our surprise, the experience proved more beautiful and life-giving than either of us anticipated.

Weeks before this inaugural meeting of the minds, and in addition to our individual daily stillness, the three of us began discussing, unwittingly, in the parking garage after our Wednesday night study group in Marina del Rey, that we three should come together, as brothers, in stillness. Having spent several weeks planning and scheduling, we finally got together on September 12, 2009. Excited to continue what we started, the three of us scouted other public locations throughout Southern CA to meet ~ public parks, church gardens, camp grounds, hiking trails and the like. In our collective intention to grow in spirit awareness, we have since been dubbed the Three Essences Covenant, or the 3EC.

We are now six. But as one of our original three moved back to the East coast, and one of our newer participants spends much of his time in Mexico, we've put into practice "Remote Stillness", where each of us, in our respective locations, comes together in stillness every Tuesday at 7pm Los Angeles time. I find 15 minutes works well for me, and by 7:30pm, you can find some of us online blogging our experience.

Stillness, being a very personal experience, has no rules or "must"s. No one need ever impinge on how you commune with our residing Father. While some folks prefer the more traditional postures, I have observed anothers' ability to secure stillness while in the midst of a dramatic finite experience. Too, have I found some who are best served when completely relaxed. With that in mind, we have chosen to widen the circuit and invite all who desire to join us this evening, and every Tuesday, to do so, as you are and as you will.

Tonight's intention focuses on 91:6.3, the efficacy of prayer, with a special call to remember our brothers in pain.

In Good Cheer,

Rey Baskerville

#2 Guest_Rey Baskerville_*

Guest_Rey Baskerville_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

The following prayer was offered in honor of tonight's intention: Worship

Paradise Father, we take this time, through our Adjusters, to honor your beneficence and give thanks to you for all the gifts you have bestowed. We accept your immeasurable love and give back our humble love in appreciation for all that you do for us, moment by moment. We ask nothing of you, Father, and come forth only to stand in your presence, in awe of your Truth, Beauty, and Goodness, and give honor and glory to you as our Father. We look to the time when we can stand before you on Paradise and see your person and sing our praise, face to face.

"The Universal Father never imposes any form of arbitrary recognition, formal worship, or slavish service upon the intelligent will creatures of the universes. The evolutionary inhabitants of the worlds of time and space must of themselves in their own hearts recognize, love, and voluntarily worship him."
TUB 1:1.2

We will reconvene in spirit tonight at 7:00 pm PDT.

#3 Guest_Rey Baskerville_*

Guest_Rey Baskerville_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

Tonight, our intent is to present our supplications for the healing and comfort of an ailing loved one to the Eternal Son.

"That which represents true spiritual value in your petitions will be seized by the universal circuit of spirit gravity and will pass immediately and simultaneously to all divine personalities concerned. Each will occupy himself with that which belongs to his personal province. Therefore, in your practical religious experience, it is immaterial whether, in addressing your supplications, you visualize the Creator Son of your local universe or the Eternal Son at the center of all things." 7:3.3

"It is the motivating thought, the spiritual content, that validates the mortal supplication. Words are valueless." 7:3.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users