Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:43 AM

EL LIBRO DE URANTIA – EUROPEAN EDITION
By Xavier Francisco, Barcelona, Spain.

I have been reading The Urantia Book for nine years. I can still remember the first thoughts that came into my mind after reading the Foreword and the first two or three Papers: "Wow, this is big!” I loved the way the Foreword was written! After I read the first 10 or 15 Papers, I felt that the language in El Libro de Urantia was less natural to me. As was noted in the cover page, the translation was being revised and corrected; so I decided to read the English edition.

I started over from the beginning. Again, I loved the Foreword. As I kept reading, I felt that the language was natural--as if someone wanted to make things easy. I must say that English is not my first
language; so it was a difficult task for me to read a book of such magnitude in a foreign language, but I noticed that it was easy. So I kept reading the book in English - until now.

A few days ago I received a copy of El libro de Urantia: Edición Europea. For me, reading it was easy; the flow of the text was natural. The names of the different personalities were clear. The grammatical structure of the text was beautiful. I hope that this book will reach more and more people in Spain.

Please take this link to view all the features and photos in Urantia Foundation's News Online, September 2009 Issue:

http://www.urantia.o.../ufnews0909.pdf

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Dear Forum Friends,

A long debate was recently resolved by bringing into existence another version of the book. This report complements the preceding post by Xavier. It comes from Urantia Foundation News Online: http://www.urantia.o...uropean-edition

El libro de Urantia Edición Europa - the Spanish European Edition

Date: Mon, 12/06/2010
By Antonio Moya, Spain

Antonio Moya was born in 1948 in Seville, Spain. When he was 26 years old, he started investigating phenomena such as UFOs, Ouija Boards, extraterrestrial contacts, spiritualism, mediumship, revealed books, and so on. He found the French translation of The Urantia Book at the age of 30, and since then, his life has never been the same.

He participated in reading and correcting the first few Papers of the 1993 Spanish translation, but he ceased participating in this effort when he had such divergent opinions from the other reviewers. In 1995, Urantia Foundation asked Antonio to revise and correct the Spanish translation. He was assisted by members of his study group (consisting of 10 to 12 people) and by Seppo Kanerva, who was Urantia Foundation’s Manager of Translations. This revision-retranslation took about seven years.

Antonio believes that The Urantia Book is very important to the world. If all people begin to live its teachings, human society will advance in a very short time. He hopes that The Urantia Book will be read and studied by the vast majority of people so that our world soon realizes The Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man.

Picture of El Libro - European version: http://sphotos.ak.fb...36_372015_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users