19 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

[Dear Forum Friends. Writing short stories is an artform that lends itself well to dissemination of the amazing revelations in the Papers on what comes after physical death. Several years ago, I wrote a story about the first three days after ressurection. It still needs much work, but wanted to hear reactions from others who've studied the Mansonia awakening. I do enjoy contemplating our reawakening and beyond. Critique it if you like, you won't hurt my feelings if you pan it, diss it, or correct it, or plain ignore it. I promise! Rick]

Day 1: Resurrection Hall ~ The Awakening

Her eyes popped open. She laid there a second, looking around, then sat bolt upright. "This is it!?!" shouted Kala, she focused on the Pilgrim Receiver, looking this creature up and down in total amazement, and then loudly declared, "This IS it, isn't it!!! And YOU are beautiful!"

She instantly knew this was a resurrection hall and she was alive again! Her faith was vindicated, she felt like soaring. She jumped from the glass-smooth table and was astonished at the strength and lightness of her new body, she tipped sideways off balance for a second.

"I knew Morontia bodies would be strong and responsive!" She began examining herself. Then she looked up at the staggering beauty of this immense roofless room she was in. "The sky is so--", but her next thought was of her true love. She took the hand of the Receiver, looking into these huge eyes, "Did my partner survive? Please tell me he did!". She was suddenly and temporarily overwhelmed with much powerful emotion. The Receiver turned her around and pointed to the adjacent table.

"Here he is, Kala, or will be, when you are ready." There lay an inanimate body something like hers, but it could not be anyone but her life long mate of Urantia, Saro. He was much grander in appearance, even in this lifeless form. The Receiver gave the signal. Immediately he drew a breath, sat up and opened his eyes. Momentarily stunned and unsure, he eased off his table into her arms, now recognizing her in this amazing new form. He scanned Kala, then the area and he knew too.

Kala beamed at him declaring, "Saro my love! It is true! The Urantia Book said it and it's true!! This IS Mansonia isn't it!?". She looked to the Receiver just to be sure, and received a smiling nod. "LOOK at you, you're beautiful too! You look like a some kind of jazzed up Saro."

"We're truly alive on the Mansion worlds?? Kala! We're alive!!! Look at this place, and you! Look at these beings. Thank God, we're alive!" They hugged, jumped up and down, kissed and laughed to the open sky. Saro exclaimed, "you're a mix of the old you Kala, and a sort of extra-terrestrial. How long have you been alive?"

She replied, "only a minute." They laughed again out of pure giddiness. The two embraced and danced and laughed some more. They examined each other's oversized naked heads, noticed no hair anywhere on either, no sex or excretory equipment, no need for clothes apparently. But some of the Receivers wore robes of an amazing fabric, intricate design and splendid color. Everything here sparkled with elegance, order, but most of all they sensed there was no need for fear.

The two began to assess their surroundings and the drama of resurrection. New screams were erupting every second and could be heard by all in the area. Shouts of joy and surprise rang out everywhere in many languages. Saro commented, "these bodies are unbelievable, aren't they!?". He hugged Kala yet again, they were exquisitely happy to be alive and together. Saro decided to experiment.

"Watch this." He jumped three meters in the air landing a bit off balance. "Pinch me", he asked. They pinched and tickled and explored as they marveled at it all, including the rich atmosphere to breathe. Then they looked deeply into each other's giant new eyes. "You are even more beautiful than you were on Urantia," they said in unison. They laughed, their minds were already working in harmony. And what minds they are! The feeling is one of tremendous sensitivity and power, even with the ability to sense other's thoughts.

"Saro....let's find the rest of the family." But before going anywhere, they paused for a long moment in astonishment. Near and far in this immense hall of light, continuous squeals of delight and moans of joy pierced the air. But now, they noticed, there was wailing and crying to be heard as well. "What could that be about?", she pondered. They were told many survivors had died violently. Their last memories still lingering, like a child awakening from a frightening dream.

As they looked around wondering where to find the resurrection records, Kala took a deep breath and exclaimed, "Breathing is incredible isn't it! I can feel the energy coursing through me when I breathe. And I can smell everything within a kilo! What a lovely aroma here!!" Then she thought to ask, "Saro, how did you die back on Urantia?".

"I don't remember..." he replied thoughtfully.

The attendant, said, "you died of a cerebral hemorrhage." Then quickly added, "would you two please come with me for the resurrection of your daughter and your grandchild." The attendant led them away as they looked at one another crying out, "They made it too!!!" It was truly great news. They embraced.

And they were repeatedly awe-struck at the dramatic scenes being played out as they strode down a wide central aisle toward their daughter and grandbaby; ex-humans drawing a first deep breath into their new, extraordinarily sensitive Morontia bodies, jumping and exclaiming in pure spirit exuberance at the obvious fact of survival, and the marvelous feeling of being in a powerful, healthy, acutely sensitive young body.

As they walked, the PR said, "May I be the first to congratulate you on surviving. Not too many families are resurrected on the third day." The Companion stopped at a table where two Morontia bodies lay lifeless. The Companion signaled for the reassembly to begin. Both bodies sprang to life at the same time. Amoy looked terribly frightened.

The attendants and her parents closed in on her with expressions of loving consolation, "it's Ok Amoy, you are alive again!" said her mother.

The child cried out too, Amoy grabbed him and squealed, "ROBIE, is it you??!!!"

Kala assured her, "darling we are all alive again, it is him, it is us, we are all ALIVE, be happy for it."

"Oh Mama, thank God, thank God." As she calmed down a bit, so did little Robie. "Where is this place? Why do you look so strange? It is you isn't it, Mama? Pappa?!"

"It is us daughter. Remember we told you about the Urantia Book and how it said we would be resurrected, it's true! And look, Robie is alive too!", said Kala.

"Oh my God, it IS my BABY! This is not a dream, or a trick, is it?" She was confused, but embraced the child and looked at him with tremendous affection and happiness that he really and truly seemed alive, although he was far more handsome and adorable in this miniaturized and enhanced body, which Amoy couldn't stop staring at. And then, she observed her own body with amazement. "I was so afraid when I died, I am still afraid that this is not real, Pappa, what is going on?"

"I guess we died and woke up in a better place, sweet girl. And look at this, our baby is alright. All that anguish we went through back on Earth and we never needed to be unhappy about it, any of it. Can you believe it, we are back together again?!"

"Is Robie's daddy here? What about Gran and Pappa Jim?" inquired Amoy.

The Assistant directed them to a private area off the great hall where they talked, reconnected and communed with each other for the rest of their first day on Mansonia. Kala and Saro talked much about what knew of the Mansion worlds from THAT "crazy" book they studied back in the days in the flesh.

[Copyright 2009]

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

That's a real nice story Rick, but there's one problem. We will not have instantaneous memory when we awaken on Mansonia. We will only be able to recall those experiences with spiritual value. Not until joining up with others will we be able to piece together our past. There's a good chance that we won't immediately comprehend the fact that we are dead, since death itself has no real spiritual value.

40.9.7 Even with Adjuster-fusion candidates, only those human experiences which were of spiritual value are common possessions of the surviving mortal and the returning Adjuster and hence are immediately remembered subsequent to mortal survival. Concerning those happenings which were not of spiritual significance, even these Adjuster-fusers must depend upon the attribute of recognition-response in the surviving soul. And since any one event may have a spiritual connotation to one mortal but not to another, it becomes possible for a group of contemporary ascenders from the same planet to pool their store of Adjuster-remembered events and thus to reconstruct any experience which they had in common, and which was of spiritual value in the life of any one of them.

#3 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

That's a real nice story Rick, but there's one problem. We will not have instantaneous memory when we awaken on Mansonia. We will only be able to recall those experiences with spiritual value. Not until joining up with others will we be able to piece together our past. There's a good chance that we won't immediately comprehend the fact that we are dead, since death itself has no real spiritual value.

But survival does.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

You're very generous Bonita,

It is full of holes, and way too Frankensteinian in retrospect. But you bring in a question that I don't have a complete answer for. Can't find it but there is some text that I thought suggested if you're a inner Circler you remember more.
And what of those who fuse, don't they retain everything? Need to reread the Papers on Mansonia, and probably give up on fiction.

Thanks for the feedback! Rick

#5 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

NO,NO . . . don't give up on fiction. It is fun to use the creative imagination in this way. It is an art form. I kinda want to know what these two characters come up with. But, they won't remember the big blue book, they will only remember the spiritual truths from it that they absorbed into their lives, the living truth. It would be neat to see them piece the puzzle together or have an elder deity explain how it all worked for them in their first life. Just thinking out loud here.

I'll research the memory thing too, but the one thing that I'm sure of is that we do not take our minds with us. The soul is the new morontia mind for the morontia body. If we make the first circle, we have soul consciousness and are more likely to be attuned to our spiritized mind here on earth. In fact, when we get to the first circle, we actually live the morontia life right here. First circlers will most likely not go to the first mansion world. I think it's more likely to be number three, but I'll have to go back and read that to be sure. I know number one is only to make up for first life deficiencies, so even if first circlers end up on number one, it may only be for a short time.

Listen, people love to read this type of stuff. They've made movies about this that have sold millions. Wasn't there one with Robin Williams that was very riveting in its portrayal of the next life? There are plenty, but no names come to mind right now. So, keep at it if you're so inclined. You have my vote of confidence.

#6 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the vote Bonita,

Sounds like you have a talent for creative fiction based in the UB. I like your ideas better than the way I took it.

The heavenly afterlife videography in "What Dreams May Come" was intriguing, there was an odd vastness, creative freedom and joy about it. The hellish afterlife had a strange resonance too (wonder why!), but not the overarching reincarnation theme. Such a tree that writer created!

We know there are some great tales in the UB, many will find their way into pop and permanent culture soon enough. Urantia just needs some great writers and raconteurs to bring the stories to life on page, stage and screen. Part 4 alone is a well nigh complete manuscript for the next greatest story ever told, eh? Pray for the writers and stagers, that they avoid distortion of the teachings in communicating these revealed truths and facts to a lost world.

Here's the second day:

Day 2 ~ Acclimatizing

The newly resurrected pilgrims from Urantia were far too excited to rest their first evening on Mansion world number one, so they stayed up all night. They explored a little, but mostly they talked. Kala and Saro explained to their daughter, in considerable detail, what they had learned at all those study groups which Amoy had chided them for habitually attending, back on Urantia. Now she was all ears.

As the parents told their daughter what they knew of this place, now unfolding as vivid and undeniable reality before her own eyes, Amoy remarked, "I still can't believe you two were right about that wacky book, but here we are! It's all completely fantastic, I'm just overwhelmed. Mama, Pappa, I should have listened to you, I'm so sorry, but no one wants to listen to their parent's religious beliefs. Can you forgive me? ...for some reason, I thought heaven would be...uh... less solid. This isn't that much different from back on Earth, except everything is so much....so much.... There aren't words to describe it, but it's like the volume here is turned way up on reality!"

"Yes, darling of course we forgive you, thank you for the apology, but really, it's not needed. You don't know just how good it feels to have our beliefs validated, huh Saro?", she grinned at him.

Saro smiled widely and then, pointing to three spires said, "Enough talk, let's take the yellow brick road to yonder Emerald city, my family". Then he added with deeply felt love, "it's so beautiful to be united with you all again, it makes me want to cry because I am so happy." Then they all began to cry tears of joy and release, they hugged one another and began happily sobbing as a group.

Even little Robie cried and joined in the affectionate exchange. This small child sensed the beauty, goodness and freedom of the Mansonian environment. As they quieted down a bit, he looked up at his mother and said loudly, " I am very good, aren't I Mommy!!"

They all laughed, turned and began to walk toward the center of the halls of resurrection where all the resurrected pilgrims were instructed to gather on the second day. Here their group would be assigned a Companion to help navigate these new waters during their initial ten days of freedom and relaxation. What a beautiful reward after all the tensions and fears on strife-ridden and ravaged Urantia. And what a gleeful parade they were, these survivors of Urantia as they went step by step, in wonderment and fascination on the way to Paradise. Strangely, the adult pilgrims felt a small twinge of guilt for feeling so good.

Kala and Saro were eager to check the Mansion world records for the status of their family members who went before them. But Amoy and Robie could do nothing but marvel as they beheld all the wondrous activities astir in every direction, and the completely obvious and absolute fearlessness of the beings who populate this strange and lovely world.

In between the radial arms of the Resurrection halls, the Pilgrims could see many things transpiring which they could not fathom. The closer they came to the center where all seven arms of the chambers meet, the heavier the foot traffic became. All bedazzled, even dumbfounded, beings were walking along in complete and utter awe, experiencing the first promised life after the life in the flesh.

The family stopped, not for need of rest, but only to watch, to take in this mysterious place. The many clumps of resurrected beings and the Receiver staff were all breaking up as the ressurections finally ended. The new born Morontians all began heading for the center of the open-skied, low-walled structure. The joyous release of a lifetime of accumulated tensions, and the confirmation that such an afterlife truly exists, were overwhelming, yet so full of promise to these virgin pilgrims from Urantia. Their excitement and wonder kept building all day.

Amoy asked, as the foursome sat and stared in amazement, "can you feel how powerful your mind is!?"

Her father said to his wife, "This must be "Mota", huh Kala? In the Urantia Book it said that Mota thought is to Earth thinking as stereo vision is to one eyed sight."

Kala commented, "Now I can see what they mean, but I never would have expected it to feel quite this way! My thoughts and feelings combined with this high powered mind, why I'll bet I can understand just about anything, merely by seeing and listening. I think I could figure out any problem with this mind!" she said half joking. "Ask me something Saro, anything."

He quickly replied, "how do you make square circles?" They laughed, then took each other's hands and re-entered the stream moving to the center of things.

At the entrance of the "Temple of New Life", every group and individual was greeted by one or two of the thousands of Pilgrim Receivers there stationed, one of whom strode up, and with the greatest tenderness, asked for their family name. Amoy inquired curiously and somewhat impetuously, "how do know our language?"

The Receiver stated confidently, "we are taught all the tongues of the sojourners we serve".

"All of them?!" Amoy exclaimed.

"Yes, we have a special capacity for language. Now, a place for you all is reserved in section 77. Pointing in that direction, the Receiver added, "follow the prompts and wait there for further instructions please." The Receiver was about leave them and greet another group, but Kala felt she had to ask, "Companions come in passive and aggressive, yin and yang types, right? Which kind did we get?".

"You have been assigned retiring type of Companion." the Receiver declared, and added with a great smile, "A most hearty welcome to you all, and congratulations on your survival," They bid the Receiver farewell and as the pilgrims walked away, they were overtaken by the extraordinary kindness and empathy which they felt from all the Receivers. Saro observed, "if everyone here is as gracious and charming as that one, this is going to be a great journey," they nodded in agreement. Robie was still staring at this charming being as the family moved away.

"Aren't there supposed to be one thousand of us assigned to one Morontia Companion?" Kala asked Saro.

"That is what I recall, wish I had my Urantia Book now," he laughed.

While they waited for the group to assemble, they talked about all that was going on around them, about the various odd beings which were skittering to and fro, and about the multitude of new and unfamiliar feelings and sensations that they were continually having.

When the entire group of ressurectees had gathered, the Cheif of Companions called for their attention and bid them a fond and touching welcome, and gave a few tidbits about their living arrangements. It was all so overwhelming! At the end, all sensed a need, one many had never sensed before. A hush of anticipation filled the air as the Companion announced and moved to the next activity, worship.

With nine more days of the most unforgettable experience a mortal being can have just ahead of them, and the life of stress and turmoil behind them, the pilgrims were without exception overcome with awe and gratitude. This inexplicable and marvelous transition had induced in them their first urge to worship since awakening. Amoy and Robie were also taken up in this feeling. One could literally feel this need to express thanks and love for the Gods who provided them with life and so many priceless gifts of living experience.

Much gladsome praise and humble appreciation was uttered by these pilgrims during the first worship experience in their freshly made Morontia bodies, now alive on the Lord's Mansions. Such saving grace was never more fully felt and gratefully received than by these just resurrected Pilgrims from Urantia. Worship took on new meaning and depth for Saro and Kala. Even Amoy and the child felt reverence at this moment of creature gratitude and humble thanksgiving.

After this most beautiful, long and profound worship service led by the Chief of Companions, the entire gathering felt as if they were one, all were abeaming. The rest of the second day they spent conversing with Companions and fellow pilgrims, making friends and taking in much new information. It was a day of registration, acclimatization and orientation. There was little organized activity aside from worship and registry.

On this day, they took their first sips of Morontia beverage, and found their sense of taste was a magnificent! They were promised a great banquet of welcome and Morontia celebration on the third day. But the two days of excitement finally took its toll as all began to think of rest as the sky turned darker. The Receivers passed out covers and pillows, a low murmur was heard, but almost all were so emotionally and intellectually spent, rest was welcomed right where they sat, and in spite of the appeal to explore a glorious Mansion world. And tomorrow they would meet their Companion...Tonight, the sky was never more beautiful.

[It's disjointed, sketchy and weak, I know. Still working it, need to delve deeply into the Papers of Part 2, and fill in. Next year, for sure! Comments, questions, suggestions, and/or your version of Mansonia awakening invited. rw]

#7 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

Rick,

I remember that when I wake up in one of the seven halls of resurrection, the one for my race, I plan to first give thanks to Michael and then to my guardian seraphim. You might put something in here describing the "pearly gates" and the lavish and beautiful ornamentatin all over with the precious things which are not hoarded, but are used for all to enjoy.

I like the idea of a story about the first ten days of freedom, before assignment, and, although I can't find references to one at the system level, there is one at the local universe capital and you could work in a "life review", which could probably be a whole book on it's own.

bill

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

Rick,

I'm confused. I thought salvaged children reside in the probation nurseries on the finaliter world, not on the first mansion world. My understanding is that the parents are only allowed to visit them four times a year, whatever a year is.

47:1.5 But irrespective of parental experience, mansion world parents who have growing children in the probation nursery are given every opportunity to collaborate with the morontia custodians of such children regarding their instruction and training. These parents are permitted to journey there for visits as often as four times a year. And it is one of the most touchingly beautiful scenes of all the ascending career to observe the mansion world parents embrace their material offspring on the occasions of their periodic pilgrimages to the finaliter world. While one or both parents may leave a mansion world ahead of the child, they are quite often contemporary for a season.

Another thing. For the most part, we are a blended race now and we are also "post-Adamic". Therefore, we would not resurrect in the halls designated for the seven races, but in the surrounding hall designated for the blended races, right? I know there may be some "pure bloods" out there still, but for the most part TUB tells us we are blended.

47:3.5 From the Temple of New Life there extend seven radial wings, the resurrection halls of the mortal races. Each of these structures is devoted to the assembly of one of the seven races of time. There are one hundred thousand personal resurrection chambers in each of these seven wings terminating in the circular class assembly halls, which serve as the awakening chambers for as many as one million individuals. These halls are surrounded by the personality assembly chambers of the blended races of the normal post-Adamic worlds. Regardless of the technique which may be employed on the individual worlds of time in connection with special or dispensational resurrections, the real and conscious reassembly of actual and complete personality takes place in the resurrection halls of mansonia number one. Throughout all eternity you will recall the profound memory impressions of your first witnessing of these resurrection mornings.

I love the last sentence of the above paragraph. Imagine if we could remember our birth day on Urantia, it might have left a similar profound memory impression on us if our brains were developed enough to support full mind functioning. I'm happy that we will be fully cognizant of our resurrection and new birth on the mansion worlds. Also, somewhere I read that the light on these worlds is always the same, something like the evening light in the summer around 7PM. Did I dream that up? I can't find the quote right now, so maybe I did.

Since Bill shared what he thinks he will do when he wakes up on the mansion worlds, I will too. First thing I want to do, besides going ooooh and aaaah, is to see Michael. I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long to see him and give him a big hug. Second, I want to spend time with my Adjuster and get reconnected. I can't imagine going through the experience without him. After that, I'm high tailing it to the registry to find Granny, Dad and Cliff. Do you think my dog Max and my cat Jappy will be around? Our minds really bonded here on earth. I'm hoping that vestiges of their minds will remain in some form, like the infants who die before their minds fully develop, and that Michael and the Infinite Mother Spirit will allow them to have morontia bodies, at least for a season. That's a big part of my dream. And then, I want to try out the food. Hopefully they'll have some really unhealthy things full of butter, cream, cheese, coconut oil, white sugar and flour, juicy red meat and deep fried anything, even with transfats. Yum. No tofu allowed in my heaven, no sir, or there will be a hunger strike . . . you betcha.

#9 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hi all!

I love Rick, it's beautiful!
I do not know if I am reading the UB, but for me it is very sweet.
Now I do not know if I'm wrong, but I want to ask.

The marriage relationships break when life ends here on Urantia?
Either I have misunderstood?

What about family relationships in general?

About your comment Rick. I dream of a movie of Adam and Eve, I got it all from beginning to end in my mind.
Perhaps be missing some Spielberg?

Love

Thanks
Greetings

Alina A.

Edited by Alina, 19 September 2009 - 01:48 PM.

#10 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

A tyranny-free environment is definitely something to look forward to - what a relief it will be to have so much less "dark and confused" noise! I might need a day or two just to "feel" the new unruffled feathers I'd be wearing as a "body"...I imagine there is some learning to do about the new "body" - maybe standing up and walking is not "automatic"

Increasing freedom to "love one another" and interacting with "experts" at "love" - who cares what they serve at lunch :-))

I'm heading off to find Mom (if she goes first) - pretty sure where I'd find her, especially since she goes back into her memories of "paradise" here on earth so much - her childhood village....she tells the nicest stories about her home village. And, of course, I'd stay up late enough to see the stars at night to figure out the new mapping of "you are here". As with most of the people I have deeply loved on this crazy Urantia, I always felt that we could have loved each other even more if we were not so harassed by the sins of others - too much time was sucked out with the "details" of living that never fell in our favor - go figure. Re-connecting with loved ones in an environment less hostile to "love one another" will be great! And all the new "people" (hey, guardian angel!) to meet and learn to love more - wow! One big "rave" - lol

So I'm looking forward to all the REAL "love".

I believe it takes a while to see Michael of Nebadon face to face....at least according to the story in the UB...

Kind regards.

#11 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

Lighting on Jerusem

P.519 - 5 The lighting system of Jerusem should not be so difficult for you to comprehend. There are no days and nights, no seasons of heat and cold. The power transformers maintain one hundred thousand centers from which rarefied energies are projected upward through the planetary atmosphere, undergoing certain changes, until they reach the electric air-ceiling of the sphere; and then
P.520 - 0 these energies are reflected back and down as a gentle, sifting, and even light of about the intensity of Urantia sunlight when the sun is shining overhead at ten o'clock in the morning.

P.520 - 1 Under such conditions of lighting, the light rays do not seem to come from one place; they just sift out of the sky, emanating equally from all space directions. This light is very similar to natural sunlight except that it contains very much less heat. Thus it will be recognized that such headquarters worlds are not luminous in space; if Jerusem were very near Urantia, it would not be visible.

P.520 - 2 The gases which reflect this light-energy from the Jerusem upper ionosphere back to the ground are very similar to those in the Urantia upper air belts which are concerned with the auroral phenomena of your so-called northern lights, although these are produced by different causes. On Urantia it is this same gas shield which prevents the escape of the terrestrial broadcast waves, reflecting them earthward when they strike this gas belt in their direct outward flight. In this way broadcasts are held near the surface as they journey through the air around your world.

P.520 - 3 This lighting of the sphere is uniformly maintained for seventy-five per cent of the Jerusem day, and then there is a gradual recession until, at the time of minimum illumination, the light is about that of your full moon on a clear night. This is the quiet hour for all Jerusem. Only the broadcast-receiving stations are in operation during this period of rest and rehabilitation.

Heating on Jerusem

P.519 - 4 The energy of Jerusem is superbly controlled and circulates about the sphere in the zone channels, which are directly fed from the energy charges of space and expertly administered by the Master Physical Controllers. The natural resistance to the passage of these energies through the physical channels of conduction yields the heat required for the production of the equable temperature of Jerusem. The full-light temperature is maintained at about 70 degrees Fahrenheit, while during the period of light recession it falls to a little lower than 50 degrees.

#12 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

I guess that's the quote Bill. It's not exactly how I remembered it, but my mind is given to favor romanticized memories from around 7 pm on a clear summer evening; it's a human weakness.

On another note, scientists disagree on the number of human senses we have, listing them from 5 to 21. There are 70 morontia senses. (14:2.3) If with our meager human senses we are able to feel the presence of God/Spirit of Truth, how much more will we be able to sense his presence on the mansion worlds? Does feeling the presence of God have anything at all to do with these senses?

#13 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Lighting on Jerusem

P.520 - 3 This lighting of the sphere is uniformly maintained for seventy-five per cent of the Jerusem day, and then there is a gradual recession until, at the time of minimum illumination, the light is about that of your full moon on a clear night. This is the quiet hour for all Jerusem. Only the broadcast-receiving stations are in operation during this period of rest and rehabilitation.

See, we're all going to have trouble and no doubt cause trouble. Full moon is not the best time for star gazing :-))

#14 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:44 AM

~Day 3 - The Reception Banquet

During their first group worship service on the second day, the pilgrim family from Urantia had risen mightily on the wings of spirit uplift. Much more so for Amoy who, unlike her parents, had not been steeped in the Urantia revelation during mortal incarnation. Worship was an entirely new experience for her. But all were very appreciative and gratified by profound and lingering worshipful feelings this morning of the third day.

Saro and Kala, these two long time readers, were still enthralled with the validation of their beliefs acquired from studying the Papers back on Urantia. Amoy was continuously and unabashedly awestruck by it all. Her child Robie was showing increasing delight for everything that was passing before his new eyes. And he now began to truly enjoy his strong, supple, newly acquired miniature Morontia body.

Morontia organization began to function ever more on this third day. The pilgrims were grouped by the language they spoke, and ushered into separate enclosures. These ex-human English speakers were in yet another arena with low walls and no roof. Here too, everything was beautifully decorated and lavishly adorned, with mysterious patterns and images. The 360 degree view was amazing in its variety and complexity. There was so much going on here, the skies were filled with swiftly moving transports. Activities on the ground were in constant flux. It was simply too much to absorb, thus did they often find themselves staring.

There was a small circular stage in this bowl shaped room with many concentric rings of seating surrounding the sunken stage in the center. This area of assembly was a near perfect size for these one thousand pilgrim sojourners, now landed on their "first heaven". And there were thousands of other such meeting chambers within the resurrection complex, now almost all filled with new pilgrims and their hosts.

The Morontia Companion standing in the center of the stage called for attention and invited the group of reawakened Anglophone pilgrims from Urantia to take their seats. The Companion began, "Welcome again to our new friends from Urantia. What a wondrous time it must be for you! Only a few hours ago you were reawakened and it appears that all of you have accepted this reality, if not entirely integrated it!"

A great roar of laughter came from the novice audience, at the absurd notion they could possibly comprehend any more than a small bit of what they had so far witnessed on this new world full of sounds, sights and smells of overwhelming number and diversity.

All the materials here were very unlike the substances on an evolutionary world, especially their bodies! And these strange conveyances were going everywhere, some landing or departing, some moving at lightening speed, disappearing silently over the horizons, as they sailed on through the rich, rich atmosphere. Merely breathing air was an experience unto itself. Saro and Kala were endlessly astonished at the variety and texture of their feelings, and of all else they thought, saw, heard, touched and tasted here on Mansion 1.

What a thrill to be conscious, and simultaneously, to be aware of one's acceptance as a candidate for cosmic citizenship! What lay before these gentle souls from Urantia?! It will be, judging from what they had so far seen: exhilarating, challenging, spiritually fulfilling, an altogether fantastic and mysterious journey. At least this is what the Paradise pilgrims felt now as they continued to gaze, with ever increasing amazement, upon the myriad doings of this grand world.

The Companion walked in small circles on the stage, looking up, gesturing and speaking in a sincere and buoyant voice with perfect diction, marvelous poise and a touching empathy. She continued, "You children of Urantia hold a special place in the hearts of the ascension staff. You came from a nursery world where the Creators envisioned a birthplace for souls with an extraordinarily wide range of free will. There were failures and adjustments, some of you suffered much, but all of you survived! Congratulations on making it to the second life in your Paradise career, you are truly on your way Home!" A great round of applause arose from the group.

"After today's celebrations, you will have ten days to ensconce yourselves in your new homes, explore this Mansion, make new eternal friends, exchange stories, seek the family and loved ones from whom death separated you during your life on Urantia.

"You will be shown how to use the many means of egress over this custom-built world. And before your time here has passed, you will have chosen your unique path to Salvington, the capital of Nebadon, your eternal universe of origin (universe with a lower case 'u').

"We are all the children of Michael, known to most of you as the onetime sojourner on Urantia, Jesus. We all abide in his self-made universe. He is the Son, who along with the Daughter of God, creates the worlds of time and space in this small region of the galaxy. They then seed these worlds with mortal human races such as you are a part. They educate and send you on to the finishing schools of Paradise ascendancy before you are introduced to the Maker, Creator and Controller of all things and beings, our Father God on Paradise." The group was soaking up every word, some not understanding, but Saro and Kala understood perfectly.

The Companion added, "All that you will need to know about residence, travel, communications, and local guidelines will be imparted to you later today in a more personal manner by your Assistants." She pointed to about a hundred shiny beings, all in bright silken uniforms, who stood and took a bow toward the pilgrims.

"I know you are anxious to experience this new and intriguing little orb. It is not an uncommon urge for newly resurrected beings like you, who now inhabit an exceptionally powerful and sensitive body, ones who are no longer weighed down by flesh and bones, to crave to know all the pleasures, boundaries and details of this level of reality."

The Companion finished with an affectionate smile saying, "Mark well these days before you, sons and daughters of Urantia!". She then requested that everyone who had read the Urantia Book come down to the stage for a brief conference. Kala and Saro looked at each other much surprised to be singled out this way.

About three dozen pilgrims headed down to the stage where the Companion informed them of the plan to break this group into smaller ones for a brief session this morning. Their help was needed for questions and answers from their peers, but more especially to hear it from one's own kind. All agreed and returned to their seats. Once again the Companion drew the whole group's attention and said:

"Now Survivors, we have planned a reception meal at midday. Perhaps you failed to sense the need for sustenance, being distracted as you have with the apparent miracle of reawakening? We eat and drink as you did on Urantia, only here you enjoy the sustenance of Morontia. I cannot say you will like it, but no pilgrim has yet complained in 300,104 years.

"After this morning's session, and until midday, you are invited to explore Resurrection Hall, converse with your fellows, and make new friends. Worship and prayer alcoves are always nearby should you have the urge. Please make your way to the banquet hall for your first meal when you leave here. Tonight you will all rest in your new residences, in the Melchizedek sector. Your Assistant will give you each the number and location of your abode.

"For now, please divide yourselves into ten groups according to the color of your chairs. The Assistants and your more "enlightened fellows" will answer questions you have about the ascension regime, and your place in it. They all stood and began to seek their spots, Kala and Saro found a place beside their Assistant. For about two hours the room was abuzz with questions and discussions, as the children romped and ran, to everyone's delight and distraction.

As mealtime approached, the Companion re-took the stage, saying: "You will all meet again in banquet hall #17 at noon. There you will be welcomed by many an envoy, and you will enjoy a marvelous feast. But this reception dinner is only a token of the love and appreciation which the Creators bear you, you sons and daughters who survived birth and death on a quarantined evolutionary world. Enjoy!" The stage lights dimmed and the Companion departed.

As everyone began filtering thru the exits, Amoy said, "What is that smell? Like bread, and chocolate, and saffron." All began to feel hunger in earnest now, except Robie and the other little ones who were still playing and making friends. The children and all were gradually herded in the direction of the banquet hall. But Kala and Saro were thinking ahead, she did so want to locate her maternal grandmother--maybe tomorrow. Saro wanted to know his lineage, for he was an orphan on Urantia. All his life, he never knew one of his primogenitors.

Navigating this great Resurrection Hall was easy as the walls somehow identified them as ones bound for banquet room 17, and flashed arrows in that direction. Everyone was agog at the beauty, convenience and decor of this strange world. What could the rest of it be like? And what could Paradise be like!?!

Soon they arrived at the large walled-in room with enough banquet tables to seat and entertain the whole group. Inside they found the artistry, the sculpture, the interwoven colors and decorations to be even more beautiful than anything they had yet seen. It was beyond description, even little Robie drew in a quick breath when he first beheld the massive room with its ornate refinements, and its harmonious busyness. The most enchanting music played as everyone began milling about. It was at the perfect volume and seemed to emanate from everywhere. The whole assembly was taken up in this awe inspiring auditory and visional experience. And the smells adrift were simply exquisite. The pilgrims from Urantia were ready for their first Morontia meal!

After all were settled, they received more welcomes. The first was of the utmost sincerity and sublimity from the Mansion 1 Chief Administrator, who then introduced the personal representative of Michael and the Divine Mother of Nebadon. The level of energy in the room, that of sheer spirit exuberance, filled the air, but the children were being well behaved. They were completely caught up in this experience, everyone was. Soon, the first course was served. All reveled in its taste, texture and appeal. Such sensual oral pleasure they had not known before.

The pilgrim group would be served 12 courses before the day was over. Each one was scheduled just right, with time in between for conversation, dancing and jubilation. Laughter and joyous conversation began to echo throughout the room in ever greater proportions, as everyone enjoyed their first meal of Morontia "sustenance", and had their first real chance to socialize since their resurrection.

These pilgrim souls would never forget their first repast and their third day on Mansion world number one. All were noticing and talking about the thrilling feelings of warmth and ease of being here. They conversed, laughed and danced into the night, rising even higher on the strains of celestial music that so moved them. It was truly an experience beyond words. And their hosts could not have been more solicitious.

Late that evening, after the last course and many so-long-for-nows to new friends, the foursome found their way to their new abode, and what a sight it was! They wanted to explore all its intricacies and conveniences but the need for rest overtook them. They very soon reclined side by side on heavenly soft mats and silently watched the gorgeous night sky. Amoy and Robie curled up together and were soon asleep. Saro and Kala enjoyed their fondest embrace ever, as they gazed out into the incredibly starry heavens.

"I think Paradise must be over there," said Kala, "look at the radiance of that cluster". Saro stared at it and wondered, and then wondered some more. They both went to rest dreaming of the next ten days, and the eternity beyond, in which they and their family now have a role.

#15 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Been pondering this one Bonita...

So you're affirming only that of spiritual value survives, ok. Then can we say if one's life has little value, minuscule character development, perhaps a soul on the 7th or 6th circle at death--When resurrected, this soul would have little to recall, yes? This one might get to sleep until the next dispensational resurrection...

But what of a 2nd or 1st circler, one who is say, 90 percent spirit value/character developed? Would this soul recall 90 percent? And wouldn't one who is in the inner circles probably get augmented foresight so the change would not feel so abrupt? This one might awake on the third day, maybe like John the Baptist...

Anyway, that's my reasoning why Kala and Saro could recall so well--they awoke on the third day, and they were inner circlers. John the Revelator comes to mind. But Amoy, I may have to reduce her and Robie's memories in future edits.

Hey, maybe I'm all wrong, but wouldn't there logically have to be a graduated scale if spirit value is the measure? Therefore, those more attuned during life might not lose that much in the crossover, no?

I must review the three day resurrection qualifications, just wanted to run this by you. Thx, rw

#16 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

[Dear Forum Friends. Writing short stories is an artform that lends itself well to dissemination of the amazing revelations in the Papers on what comes after physical death. Several years ago, I wrote a story about the first three days after ressurection. It still needs much work, but wanted to hear reactions from others who've studied the Mansonia awakening. I do enjoy contemplating our reawakening and beyond. Critique it if you like, you won't hurt my feelings if you pan it, diss it, or correct it, or plain ignore it. I promise! Rick]

Day 1: Resurrection Hall ~ The Awakening

The Assistant directed them to a private area off the great hall where they talked, reconnected and communed with each other for the rest of their first day on Mansonia. Kala and Saro talked much about what knew of the Mansion worlds from THAT "crazy" book they studied back in the days in the flesh.

[Copyright 2009]
[/quote]

Hey Rick... !

I love the story! I have been thinking lately about the need to spread the good news in an art form like fictional stories, both printed and film/motion pictures. With the fantastic creation of Pandora in Avatar, our wondrous future life on the Mansion Worlds can now be contemplated and portrayed. Who knows, maybe your story can be the vangard of a vast ocean of uplifting and revealing tales about our destiny.

BTW - Do you remember the movie; "Defending Your Life" with Mearl Streep (oops! probably mis-spelled her name...)? It reminds me of the immediate ressurection day activites we are destined for. In fact, I think I'll watch it again this weekend.

Do keep writing, Rick; you are good at it!!

"JR"

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#17 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:12 AM

Thanks so much for the kudos and encouragment JR,

Good to see your name here on the Forum. Yes, that was a funny and thought provoking movie about life after death, Streep's the best. Enjoy the re-view!

You know, this book will spark a GILLION stories, paintings, plays and other works of art, it's already begun.

Speaking of Avatar, a friend here is a big fan, and a reader. He's been counseling people online around the globe who've seen it and were deeply impressed, even wanting to go live in Noviland. So guess who has taken to this movie the most according to my friend? Muslim kids!

I plan to write more about our ressurection, when the TB&G book and calendar is done. So much to do and just one short life, Rick

PS. Happy Birthday :)

#18 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi Rick!

It's been three years since I first read your wonderful story; and re-reading it today has given me a nice, warm & fuzzy feeling.

Bonita said we would only remember things of spiritual significance, which I believe to be true. HOWEVER, the Urantia Book has been a spiritual spotlight for me! I know we will be overjoyed to remember finding, reading, and sharing this great book. I am enthralled by your story, and want to know if you have added to it. Have you pushed onward in your tale?

Don't be overmuch worried about the myriad of details we know about from TUB. In a world where knowledge of the Big Blue Book is fantastically rare, at least for today, such nit-picky exactness to the revelation should not be allowed to dam up the stream of goodness and beauty you can surround the truth of the revelation - as you have done with these first little bits of your story. It took three complete movies to tell a portion of the Lord of the Rings, and The Urantia Book has at least 1000 times as much information in it! Speculation and artful imagination kindled by TUB will be a rainbow big enough to fill the Jerusem sky! Simply telling about awakening in the company of other spiritually successful Morontians, and about the survival of relationships - which are always spiritually significant, and therefore remembered - is a tale not known by most folks today.

One portion of your tale really struck me. "Near and far in this immense hall of light, continuous squeals of delight and moans of joy pierced the air. But now, they noticed, there was wailing and crying to be heard as well. "What could that be about?", she pondered. They were told many survivors had died violently. Their last memories still lingering, like a child awakening from a frightening dream."

I have some personal experiences which I know will follow me to Mansonia. Several members of my immediate family died by their own hands. My brother David, my sister Darlene, and my son Hess all died from self-inflicted gunshots; and my mother Sharon died through an intentional overdose. They were all wounded souls, and died in grief and pain. They were good people, and they all believed in God.

I often pray that I might be allowed to be at their sides when they awaken. I want to capture them into my embrace, and hold them while they weep; and gently help them into eternity. I want them to know that I cherish them, and know that they can become well and happy. I know that I cannot do the real healing, such must be attended to on Mansion Worlds #1 and #2; but I'd like to be there and travel with them as they get started on their recovery. Sure, there will be loving souls surrounding them at their resurrection, and you illustrated that in your wonderful story, but I'd like to be there to soothe, comfort, and reassure them that all will be well with them, and they'll not suffer at the hands of another ever again.

Is that wrong of me?
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#19 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

No, of course not! It's only natural, and well, caring.

Yes, that's how I imagined it. But I sometimes wonder if it will be a gradual awakening like Jesus', who took years to regain his full memory.

That was a bit of artistic liberty I took. I try not to do it too much but there has to be something other than documentarianism to a story. So thanks for permission! I'm hoping to come out with a better version next Easter, this time with Guardians, who were somehow neglected in previous versions :( Poor angels.

#20 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:15 AM

This story is being rewritten and reposted. It is now available for reading, comments and critique, on UAI's new site: http://urantia-assoc...urrection-hall/ Join us there for this imaginary journey into our next life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users