115 replies to this topic

#101 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Surely UAI Forum needs to have threads, all their own, on the Absolutes and the Trinities.

Indeed we do! How about spinning off such a thread or three to weave in with
"Personality" and "Perfected Creator Sons" in the OPAD subforum topics?

PS: This projection of infinity and eternity by One Word reminds me of that team
who qualified themselves to do anything with nothing:

We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Nigel

#102 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

6.1.3 The Universal Father never personally functions as a creator except in conjunction with the Son or with the co-ordinate action of the Son. Had the New Testament writer referred to the Eternal Son, he would have uttered the truth when he wrote: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Personally, I'm fascinated by the idea of "the Word". I know the Stoics developed this philosophy and it permeated philosophical and religious thought in various forms for some time. Now the revelators bring it up again. There must be something to it. I'm ready to dissect it and pick it apart on my own, if I have to, an odd form of self-entertainment I suppose. Does it pique any interest out there?

#103 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

HEY PEOPLE,

HERE IS AN INTERSTING QUOTE ABOUT HOW THE UNIVERSAL ABSOLUTE WORKS:P.351 - §2

The Architects of the Master Universe are the governing corps of the Paradise Transcendentalers. This governing corps numbers 28,011 personalities possessing master minds, superb spirits, and supernal absonites. The presiding officer of this magnificent group, the senior Master Architect, is the co-ordinating head of all Paradise intelligences below the level of Deity.

P.352 - §3 These seven groups of Master Architects total 28,011 universe planners. On Paradise there is a tradition that far back in eternity there was attempted the eventuation of the 28,012th Master Architect, but that this being failed to absonitize, experiencing personality seizure by the Universal Absolute. It is possible that the ascending series of the Master Architects attained the limit of absonity in the 28,011th Architect, and that the 28,012th attempt encountered the mathematical level of the presence of the Absolute. In other words, at the 28,012th eventuation level the quality of absonity equivalated to the level of the Universal and attained the value of the Absolute.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#104 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

• Ok Nigel, will start thread on both under the OPAD heading.
  • Please, let us know what you find Bonita.
  • GOOD one Bill, thanks yet again.

Students of the Absolutes, please take this link to more discusions on Section 11 of the Foreword ~ The Absolutes

Edited by Rick Warren, 18 August 2009 - 02:15 PM.

#105 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Welcome to UAI Forum's One-Page-A-Day Online Study Group.

~ Today's Presentation Is From:

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book.

XII. THE TRINITIES

P.15 - §7 The original and eternal Paradise Trinity is existential and was inevitable. This never-beginning Trinity was inherent in the fact of the differentiation of the personal and the nonpersonal by the Father's unfettered will and factualized when his personal will co-ordinated these dual realities by mind. The post-Havona Trinities are experiential--are inherent in the creation of two subabsolute and evolutional levels of power-personality manifestation in the master universe.

P.15 - §8 The Paradise Trinity--the eternal Deity union of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and the Infinite Spirit--is existential in actuality, but all potentials are experiential. Therefore does this Trinity constitute the only Deity reality embracing infinity, and therefore do there occur the universe phenomena of the actualization of God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and God the Absolute.

P.15 - §9 The first and second experiential Trinities, the post-Havona Trinities, cannot be infinite because they embrace derived Deities, Deities evolved by the experiential actualization of realities created or eventuated by the existential Paradise Trinity. Infinity of divinity is being ever enriched, if not enlarged, by finity and absonity of creature and Creator experience.

P.16 - §1 Trinities are truths of relationship and facts of co-ordinate Deity manifestation. Trinity functions encompass Deity realities, and Deity realities always seek realization and manifestation in personalization. God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and even God the Absolute are therefore divine inevitabilities. These three experiential Deities were potential in the existential Trinity, the Paradise Trinity, but their universe emergence as personalities of power is dependent in part on their own experiential functioning in the universes of power and personality and in part on the experiential achievements of the post-Havona Creators and Trinities.

P.16 - §2 The two post-Havona Trinities, the Ultimate and the Absolute experiential Trinities, are not now fully manifest; they are in process of universe realization. These Deity associations may be described as follows:

P.16 - §3 1. The Ultimate Trinity, now evolving, will eventually consist of the Supreme Being, the Supreme Creator Personalities, and the absonite Architects of the Master Universe, those unique universe planners who are neither creators nor creatures. God the Ultimate will eventually and inevitably powerize and personalize as the Deity consequence of the unification of this experiential Ultimate Trinity in the expanding arena of the well-nigh limitless master universe.

P.16 - §4 2. The Absolute Trinity--the second experiential Trinity--now in process of actualization, will consist of God the Supreme, God the Ultimate, and the unrevealed Consummator of Universe Destiny. This Trinity functions on both personal and superpersonal levels, even to the borders of the nonpersonal, and its unification in universality would experientialize Absolute Deity.

P.16 - §5 The Ultimate Trinity is experientially unifying in completion, but we truly doubt the possibility of such full unification of the Absolute Trinity. Our concept, however, of the eternal Paradise Trinity is an ever-present reminder that Deity trinitization may accomplish what is otherwise nonattainable; hence do we postulate the sometime appearance of the Supreme-Ultimate and the possible trinitization-factualization of God the Absolute.

P.16 - §6 The philosophers of the universes postulate a Trinity of Trinities, an existential-experiential Trinity Infinite, but they are not able to envisage its personalization; possibly it would equivalate to the person of the Universal Father on the conceptual level of the I AM. But irrespective of all this, the original Paradise Trinity is potentially infinite since the Universal Father actually is infinite.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of The Urantia Book published by Urantia Foundation. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

#106 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

OPAD Readers and Posters, please take this link to discussions and student insights on Section 11 of the Foreword ~ The Trinities

#107 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

Welcome to UAI Forum's One-Page-A-Day Online Study Group.

~ Today's Presentation Is:

The Final Entry of the FOREWORD of The Urantia Book.

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

P.16 - §7 In formulating the succeeding presentations having to do with the portrayal of the character of the Universal Father and the nature of his Paradise associates, together with an attempted description of the perfect central universe and the encircling seven superuniverses, we are to be guided by the mandate of the superuniverse rulers which directs that we shall, in all our efforts to reveal truth and co-ordinate essential knowledge, give preference to the highest existing human concepts pertaining to the subjects to be presented. We may resort to pure revelation only when the concept of presentation has had no adequate previous expression by the human mind.

P.17 - §1 Successive planetary revelations of divine truth invariably embrace the highest existing concepts of spiritual values as a part of the new and enhanced co-ordination of planetary knowledge. Accordingly, in making these presentations about God and his universe associates, we have selected as the basis of these papers more than one thousand human concepts representing the highest and most advanced planetary knowledge of spiritual values and universe meanings. Wherein these human concepts, assembled from the God-knowing mortals of the past and the present, are inadequate to portray the truth as we are directed to reveal it, we will unhesitatingly supplement them, for this purpose drawing upon our own superior knowledge of the reality and divinity of the Paradise Deities and their transcendent residential universe.

P.17 - §2 We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience--God-consciousness.

P.17 - §3 [Indited by an Orvonton Divine Counselor, Chief of the Corps of Superuniverse Personalities assigned to portray on Urantia the truth concerning the Paradise Deities and the universe of universes.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of [i]The Urantia Book[/i] published by Urantia Foundation. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

Edited by Rick Warren, 19 August 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#108 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:21 AM

Forum Friends,

That's the end of the Foreword, a jaw-dropping revelation of hitherto unknown information on God, the Universal Family and your relation to both. But it is also glossary, a statement of limitations, an introduction and a promise of thousands of revealed facts to come in the succeeding 2080 pages.

The Acknowledgement alone offers astounding revelations about revelation. To me, it speaks with the undeniable authority of a Celestial. This final section of the Foreword is an unabashed statement from the Editors of the Papers, giving us information about who is speaking with such divine authority, and what the rules for this book revelation are.

For the first time in a long time Urantians can hear the voice of one who has been to Paradise, who has met God our Father, and one who now counsels us on the best way Home to personally meet God ourselves. Godspeed Amigos.

Open discussions of the Acknowledgement and the rest of the Foreword are invited today and tomorrow. Feel free to start new threads for longer discussions on any UB topic.

Friday's (August 21st) presentation, will be page one of Paper One. Plan to join us!

Much love, Rick for UAI Forum Admin

Edited by Rick Warren, 02 October 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#109 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

OPAD Forum Friends,

The Urantia Papers contain about a million words. They offer a never before elaborated revelation of God our Father, the Universe of universes, and your role in the great cosmic unfolding. A dedicated student could easily spend a lifetime learning, teaching and living the manifold disclosures in this gigantic celestially indited book.

UAI was formed for a dual mission--study and dissemination of these new teachings. Other teams are working on dissemination, UAI Forum is primarily for study of the book. The Web offers the world a direct connection to study and discussion of the revelation, day and night, everyday.

OPAD proposes to take a page (more or less), present it to the world each day, and spend that day examining its contents, fielding questions and engaging in discussions of sincere study. If a topic or page warrants more than a day's study, a new thread can be started in the appropriate subforum.

Thanks for coming to UAI Forum. Join us, read along, submit comments and questions as we continue studying Father and our relation to the Cosmos after the Foreword. Paper One begins tomorrow here on the OPAD Forum.

The Spanish language has a word that all but encapsulates the entire 2100 pages of the Urantia Book. That word is Adios--To God. And God is the subject of Paper One.

A Dios!
Rick Warren, for UAI Forum Moderator Team

Presentations and Discussions of Paper One

Edited by Rick Warren, 22 July 2010 - 09:24 AM.

#110 bonnie

bonnie

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, swimming, computer uses,

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi Everyone, I am just learning how to reply or post. Bare with me. I love the Urantia Book and it gets very meaning ful to me when I can read your replies and posts.
Carola (Bonnie)

#111 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi Everyone, I am just learning how to reply or post. Bare with me. I love the Urantia Book and it gets very meaning ful to me when I can read your replies and posts.

Hi Carola,

Welcome once again to the forum! We certaily will bare with you, as you learn to reply and post.

All the best,
Meredith

#112 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Alina, 07 October 2009 - 03:23 PM.

#113 Rajan C Mathew

Rajan C Mathew

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Project Management, Engineering Project Consultancy, Environment Management, Understanding Human Behaviour, Studying Urantia Book, Work for upholding human values.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:24 AM

Dear all,

I am a late comer to this study group. I have been reading these posts for some days now. I think I would be able to catch up now.

Ever since the UB came to my notice in 2008, just as most of you here had experienced much much earlier, I was overwhelmed by the shear impact of re-assurance the knowledge the revelators have provided in my life in understanding my true relationship with God and my fellow beings.

Just as the UB revelators have felt it, it is exceedingly difficult to convey the meanings and concepts of such divine knowledge to other brothers and sisters of the realm, due to the limitations of our languages. It might take ages for this divine wisdom to spread and reach the minds of all in this world.
rajan-c-mathew
bhilai, india.

#114 Matakite Kei

Matakite Kei

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Kiaora readers from other places in Urantia,

I'm a new member but have been a seeker of truth since I was three years old.
My thought adjuster and guardian angel has had a harrowing journey at times with my erroneous thoughts and actions
however I'm always drawn back to the three values of Goodness, Beauty and Truth.

I have a willful and sometimes harmful to myself personality.

I have had the Son of God in my spiritual vision for most of my life.

This introduction confirms the revelations that I have experienced.

The yearning for my connection to GOD is so strong.

The first page introduction - Yes of course :)
Thankyou GOD

#115 Rybobaggins

Rybobaggins

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'll never forget the day I first read those words. My whole body began to tremble and I felt a deep gnawing in the pit of my stomach because I knew that I had just let something creep into my mind that would change me forever, the secrets of the universe were about to unfold. That was 1970 and I was 19; it still gives me goose bumps to read it today. The word "superuniverse" blew me away right from the start. In school they had taught us that the universe was everything, all there is, was and will be. Now, on page one, someone was telling me that there are local universes, superuniverses, a grand universe and a master universe!! I remember thinking that it would take years to digest that fact alone, so I put the book back on the shelf for a few months and tried to forget it. Hah!

Hey, Bonita, I am 19, and I am just beginning to read this book. It looks quite incredible. My question is this, does superuniverse refer to our galaxy. So there are seven superuniverses, or galaxies, Such as, the Milky Way? Or, is our galaxy, a part of the superuniverse?

#116 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Welcome Rybobaggins! How lucky you are to be 19 and reading TUB.

Here are a few definitions:

Master Universe: includes the central universe, the surrounding seven superuniverses and currently mobilizing outer space.
Grand Universe: includes the central universe and the surrounding seven superuniverses
Superuniverse: each superuniverse contains 10 major sectors; our superuniverse is the seventh, named Orvonton, capital Uversa
Major Sector: each major sector of a superuniverse contains 100 minor sectors; our major sector is U Major V, capital Splandon
Minor Sector: each minor sector of a major sector contains 100 local universes; our minor sector is U Minor III, capital Ensa
Local Universe: each local universe contains 100 constellations; our local universe is Nebadon, capital Salvington
Constellation: each constellation contains 100 systems; our constellation is Norlatiadek, capital Edentia
System: each system contains 1000 inhabited planets; our system is Satania, capital Jerusem
MilkyWay is the plane of Orvonton, our superuniverse.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users