115 replies to this topic

#21 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

P.4 - §10 5. God the Sevenfold--Deity personality anywhere actually functioning in time and space. The personal Paradise Deities and their creative associates functioning in and beyond the borders of the central universe and power-personalizing as the Supreme Being on the first creature level of unifying Deity revelation in time and space. This level, the grand universe, is the sphere of the time-space descension of Paradise personalities in reciprocal association with the time-space ascension of evolutionary creatures.

I skipped ahead a few pages to find this about God the Sevenfold. In our study group we occasionally look this up to be reminded just who is God the Sevenfold:

To atone for finity of status and to compensate for creature limitations of concept, the Universal Father has established the evolutionary creature's sevenfold approach to Deity:

1. The Paradise Creator Sons.

2. The Ancients of Days.

3. The Seven Master Spirits.

4. The Supreme Being.

5. God the Spirit.

6. God the Son.

7. God the Father.

This sevenfold Deity personalization in time and space and to the seven superuniverses enables mortal man to attain the presence of God, who is spirit. This sevenfold Deity, to finite time-space creatures sometime power-personalizing in the Supreme Being, is the functional Deity of the mortal evolutionary creatures of the Paradise-ascension career. Such an experiential discovery-career of the realization of God begins with the recognition of the divinity of the Creator Son of the local universe and ascends through the superuniverse Ancients of Days and by way of the person of one of the Seven Master Spirits to the attainment of the discovery and recognition of the divine personality of the Universal Father on Paradise.
(11 - 12)

#22 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:16 AM

I skipped ahead a few pages to find this about God the Sevenfold. In our study group we occasionally look this up to be reminded just who is God the Sevenfold:

Thanks much Meredith,

The fact that Father's enlightenment, mercy and affection extends thru his descending children all the way from Paradise to little Urantia is enough to awe this ascender. Such a well planned and constructed Universe! And besides the sevenfold extension, Father is personally present in every Adjustered one. Father would get us coming and going.

And there's this noteworthy point about pages 3 & 4 that I've not noticed before. It is the full capitalization of the word GOD within the body of the text. It's that way in my old '55 edition too.

Looking at the whole Foreword, the authors and editors used full capitalization for several words, PARADISE, DIVINITY, PATTERN, ENERGY, ONE UNCAUSED, REALITY, et al. But I don't recall them using all caps for any word in the main text, except TRUTH.

...Faith most willingly carries reason along as far as reason can go and then goes on with wisdom to the full philosophic limit; and then it dares to launch out upon the limitless and never-ending universe journey in the sole company of TRUTH.... P.1141 - §5

Maybe this was the bolding of the day...Rick

#23 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:31 AM

Welcome to UAI Forum's One-Page-A-Day Online Study Group.

~ Today's presentation is from:

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 5.

III. THE FIRST SOURCE AND CENTER

P.4 - §13 Total, infinite reality is existential in seven phases and as seven co-ordinate Absolutes:

1. The First Source and Center.
2. The Second Source and Center.
3. The Third Source and Center.
4. The Isle of Paradise.
5. The Deity Absolute.
6. The Universal Absolute.
7. The Unqualified Absolute.

P.5 - §8 God, as the First Source and Center, is primal in relation to total reality--unqualifiedly. The First Source and Center is infinite as well as eternal and is therefore limited or conditioned only by volition.

P.5 - §9 God--the Universal Father--is the personality of the First Source and Center and as such maintains personal relations of infinite control over all co-ordinate and subordinate sources and centers. Such control is personal and infinite in potential, even though it may never actually function owing to the perfection of the function of such co-ordinate and subordinate sources and centers and personalities.

P.5 - §10 The First Source and Center is, therefore, primal in all domains: deified or undeified, personal or impersonal, actual or potential, finite or infinite. No thing or being, no relativity or finality, exists except in direct or indirect relation to, and dependence on, the primacy of the First Source and Center.

P.5 - §11 The First Source and Center is related to the universe as:

1. The gravity forces of the material universes are convergent in the gravity center of nether Paradise. That is just why the geographic location of his person is eternally fixed in absolute relation to the force-energy center of the nether or material plane of Paradise. But the absolute personality of Deity exists on the upper or spiritual plane of Paradise.

2. The mind forces are convergent in the Infinite Spirit; the differential and divergent cosmic mind in the Seven Master Spirits; the factualizing mind of the Supreme as a time-space experience in Majeston.

3. The universe spirit forces are convergent in the Eternal Son.

4. The unlimited capacity for deity action resides in the Deity Absolute.

5. The unlimited capacity for infinity response exists in the Unqualified Absolute.

6. The two Absolutes--Qualified and Unqualified--are co-ordinated and unified in and by the Universal Absolute.

7. The potential personality of an evolutionary moral being or of any other moral being is centered in the personality of the Universal Father.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of The Urantia Book published by Urantia Foundation. For conceptual clarity some overlap of pages will occur. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

Edited by Rick Warren, 07 August 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#24 Sooner in Idaho

Sooner in Idaho

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Still feel comfortable with the Universal Father. The rest that I understand is slowly coming back.
Some concepts will just have to wait for the Mansion Worlds for a better understanding.
thanks for the opportunity....Les

#25 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Still feel comfortable with the Universal Father. The rest that I understand is slowly coming back.
Some concepts will just have to wait for the Mansion Worlds for a better understanding.
thanks for the opportunity....Les

You're welcome Les,

Like you, faced with some of the more daunting revealed concepts (Example: page 5!), all readers probably begin to realize that some things must wait for a bigger mind, greater capicity and better cosmic schools.

The paragraph from page 5 that resonated most for me is about us:

7. The potential personality of an evolutionary moral being or of any other moral being is centered in the personality of the Universal Father.

This revelation of God as 'The First Source and Center' led me to reconstruct Deity. Page 5 alters the way to see Father, not as the all-in-all, rather the personal face of Divinity. There's more to Deity than Divinity!

But comprehending the Absolutes, I still have trouble conceiving all that's revealed about them. They are the cosmic reserves, the mechanisms of reality, the foundations of eternity, no?

Rick

Edited by Rick Warren, 27 July 2009 - 09:41 AM.

#26 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

What do you suppose they mean by "potential personality"?

#27 pattis

pattis

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

The Revalators always give us the benefit of the doubt and expect that we, like them, look at the minute details of everything. Following this line of thought, personalities must come from somewhere, so they pose (to put it bluntly) a big stock of whatever constitutes personality as "potential personality." That's how my mind rationalizes the statement.

But, what I find highly interesting about that particular quote is the use of the word "moral," (which I think I have read as "mortal" more than once). I looked up moral, to verify it's meaning, which pertains to "right and wrong.' The statement can be seen as a subtle confirmation of the fact of freewill choice ON ALL LEVELS or to ALL BEINGS endowed from that big stock of personality stuff.

This realization, to me, is awesome! Christ Michael, the Perfectors of Wisdom, the Mighty Messengers and all of us, have something basic and wonderful in common: free will! (And if anyone is interested, I'll share a very strange impression I had about loyalty, which impacts this concept.) Patti

Edited by pattis, 27 July 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#28 Sooner in Idaho

Sooner in Idaho

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

From the standpoint of intelligence, man ascends to the level of a moral being because he is endowed with personality

Paper 16, Sec. 7 Morals, Virtue, and Personality

7. The potential personality of an evolutionary moral being or of any other moral being is centered in the personality of the Universal Father

So the potential personality is in reserve in the personality of the Universal Father before and until gifted, which stimulates the 1st moral choice in a human on this planet and the arrival of the Thought Aduster ?

#29 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:20 AM

Meredith:
7. The potential personality of an evolutionary moral being or of any other moral being is centered in the personality of the Universal Father. p5

Thanks for the question and answers Meredith, Patti, Les,

My interpretation is that you aren't considered a genuine personality until you've made the full, final and eternal choice of seeking unity and harmony with the Original Personality, also the source and destiny of all personality.

A strange impression about loyalty, free will and potential personality Patti?? Do tell, then on to page 6.

Lotsa love, Rick

#30 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

My interpretation is that you aren't considered a genuine personality until you've made the full, final and eternal choice of seeking unity and harmony with the Original Personality, also the source and destiny of all personality.

I'm having some trouble with this statement. Humans are not potential personalities. A fertilized human ovum is a potential personality. Humans are potential spirit personalities.

1.6.8 God is spirit — spirit personality; man is also a spirit — potential spirit personality. Jesus of Nazareth attained the full realization of this potential of spirit personality in human experience; therefore his life of achieving the Father’s will becomes man’s most real and ideal revelation of the personality of God. Even though the personality of the Universal Father can be grasped only in actual religious experience, in Jesus’ earth life we are inspired by the perfect demonstration of such a realization and revelation of the personality of God in a truly human experience.

All personality, regardless of the level at which it is functioning, is genuine and real. Jesus respected all personalities regardless of whether or not they had made the eternal choice. He is the Good Shepherd and seeks out all lost personalities and the mansion worlds are designed to teach sincerity and aid personalities in recognizing higher choices of destiny. All personality is genuine because it is from God. Character is what can be lacking in genuineness, not personality

5.6.3 Personality is potential in all creatures who possess a mind endowment ranging from the minimum of self-consciousness to the maximum of God-consciousness. But mind endowment alone is not personality, neither is spirit nor physical energy. Personality is that quality and value in cosmic reality which is exclusively bestowed by God the Father upon these living systems of the associated and co-ordinated energies of matter, mind, and spirit. Neither is personality a progressive achievement. Personality may be material or spiritual, but there either is personality or there is no personality. The other-than-personal never attains the level of the personal except by the direct act of the Paradise Father

So, I disagree. A being is considered a genuine, bona fide personality the nanosecond God chooses to bestow one. Potentials occur the moment personality appears because it brings volition with it, and the potentials never cease. In fact, personality is so very real that when an individual chooses not to survive, his personality continues on in the Supreme without him; only identity is lost. No, personality is always genuine.

#31 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Much appreciate the way you disagree without disagreeability Bonita,

The next page sheds more light, this time on the very beginnings of Paradise personality. Maybe our minds can be stretched farther yet. Page 6 coming up.

Haven't forgotten you Patti, Rick

PS. If interested, take this link to a somewhat exhaustive extract of Personality in the revelation (it's about 15 pages posted on another Forum thread). French reader Jean Royer assembled and categorized it about ten years ago, and he inserted some interesting conclusions.

Personality in the Revelation Scroll down to posts #33-35

#32 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Welcome to UAI Forum's One-Page-A-Day Online Study Group.

~ Today's presentation is from:

The FOREWORD of The Urantia Book, Page 6.

REALITY, as comprehended by finite beings, is partial, relative, and shadowy. The maximum Deity reality fully comprehensible by evolutionary finite creatures is embraced within the Supreme Being. Nevertheless there are antecedent and eternal realities, superfinite realities, which are ancestral to this Supreme Deity of evolutionary time-space creatures. In attempting to portray the origin and nature of universal reality, we are forced to employ the technique of time-space reasoning in order to reach the level of the finite mind. Therefore must many of the simultaneous events of eternity be presented as sequential transactions.

P.6 - §1 As a time-space creature would view the origin and differentiation of Reality, the eternal and infinite I AM achieved Deity liberation from the fetters of unqualified infinity through the exercise of inherent and eternal free will, and this divorcement from unqualified infinity produced the first absolute divinity-tension. This tension of infinity differential is resolved by the Universal Absolute, which functions to unify and co-ordinate the dynamic infinity of Total Deity and the static infinity of the Unqualified Absolute.

P.6 - §2 In this original transaction the theoretical I AM achieved the realization of personality by becoming the Eternal Father of the Original Son simultaneously with becoming the Eternal Source of the Isle of Paradise. Coexistent with the differentiation of the Son from the Father, and in the presence of Paradise, there appeared the person of the Infinite Spirit and the central universe of Havona. With the appearance of coexistent personal Deity, the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, the Father escaped, as a personality, from otherwise inevitable diffusion throughout the potential of Total Deity. Thenceforth it is only in Trinity association with his two Deity equals that the Father fills all Deity potential, while increasingly experiential Deity is being actualized on the divinity levels of Supremacy, Ultimacy, and Absoluteness.

P.6 - §3 The concept of the I AM is a philosophic concession which we make to the time-bound, space-fettered, finite mind of man, to the impossibility of creature comprehension of eternity existences--nonbeginning, nonending realities and relationships. To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED--the primeval cause of causes. Therefore do we conceptualize this philosophic value-level as the I AM, at the same time instructing all creatures that the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit are coeternal with the I AM; in other words, that there never was a time when the I AM was not the Father of the Son and, with him, of the Spirit.

P.6 - §4 The Infinite is used to denote the fullness--the finality--implied by the primacy of the First Source and Center. The theoretical I AM is a creature-philosophic extension of the "infinity of will," but the Infinite is an actual value-level representing the eternity-intension of the true infinity of the absolute and unfettered free will of the Universal Father. This concept is sometimes designated the Father-Infinite.

P.6 - §5 Much of the confusion of all orders of beings, high and low, in their efforts to discover the Father-Infinite, is inherent in their limitations of comprehension. The absolute primacy of the Universal Father is not apparent on subinfinite levels; therefore is it probable that only the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit truly know the Father as an infinity; to all other personalities such a concept represents the exercise of faith.

[Each page presented is copied from the original version of The Urantia Book published by Urantia Foundation. If the last sentence continues on the next page, the entire sentence or concept will be included for continuity of study. Questions are welcome, as are comments related to that day's text. In-depth questions and related topics may be studied in branch threads in the OPAD or other subforum as you require. Thank you for studying with us!]

Edited by Rick Warren, 07 August 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#33 pattis

pattis

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Reviewing your post Bonita, it seems existential and experiential can not coexist on our level of finite reality, so to us, they cancel each other. At first, one could almost see the term existential-experiential as an oxymoron, however, like other paradoxes in our existance, it feels as if it is of another reality. A major clue is included in the quote you posted: the part about existential-experiential being the closest we come to the absonite, another major paradox, from our view. As a simplistic rule of thumb, I pose existential as outside of a particular pattern of thought or being; while experiential is inside the thick of it. Together they become obviously paradoxical: outside-inside, but if you let them coexist, they can be contemplated as a whole. Hugs. Patti

Intellectually, I agree that existential and experiential seem to cancel each other out, but TUB uses the term 5 different times, so I presume it has a meaning even though I don't know what it is. In the first quote below it appears to mean relative; the second, potential; the third subabsolute and superevolutionary; the fourth, finality of destiny; and the fifth, absolute. I'm not sure how something can be subabsolute and absolute, potential and final, all at the same time; but there you have it! Apparently there a phase that is less than existential but more than experiential; but less and more of what I don't know.

Another thing, I've often wondered about this phrase:

It seems that our evolutionary religions have grown up on the impersonal aspects of divinity. So much of the "fear of God" has dealt with his mighty power, his divine justice and his terrifying rule over man. Jesus came to reveal God's personality of love, mercy and ministry. Is TUB now teaching us how to comprehend divinity as truth, beauty and goodness? The word "comprehend" implies deep thinking resulting in understanding. Perhaps that is why TUB is so weighty and difficult, in order to promote reflective thought, a form of mental exercise to help us reach for that superconscious level of divinity we desire.

#34 pattis

pattis

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for the question and answers Meredith, Patti, Les,

A strange impression about loyalty, free will and potential personality Patti?? Do tell, then on to page 6.

Lotsa love, Rick

During my personal daily reading (I recently started from the beginning again!), on Page 123, Paragraph 3: "All physical force, enery and matter are one. All force-energy originally proeeded from nether Paradise and will eventually return therto following the completion of its space circuit." Upon reading this, tears sprang spontainiously from my eyes (!) because I realized that no matter how loyal we (Beings) are, we are never as loyal as the energy that circuits and returns to the Father. I suppose that is the price we pay for individualization. For a brief second, I was one with that pristine energy and then back to my reality. Strange feelings, but, I think, expanding in some undefined way and of value in relation to loyalty, but I'm not certain how.

That's it. Hugs. Pattis

#35 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

That's beautiful Pattis,

And it brought a tear to Nigel's spiritual-scientist's eyes, so some value must be present.

But I thank Havona for space/time personality that ascends to perfect loyalty! Energy is admirable and consistent but unhuggable :)

Page 6, at the bottom, gives a cosmic concept that I sometimes think I have a grasp of, and sometimes not. Would anyone care to discourse a bit on the "Father-Infinite" concept? Is it not the equivalent of the I AM in eternity?

Makitagudun, Rick

#36 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Forum Friends,

These are four other quotes containing the hyphenated words "Father-Infinite" Bolding is mine.

P.116 - §9 It may be possible that the finaliters will partially attain the Deity Absolute, but even if they should, still in the eternity of eternities the problem of the Universal Absolute will continue to intrigue, mystify, baffle, and challenge the ascending and progressing finaliters, for we perceive that the unfathomability of the cosmic relationships of the Universal Absolute will tend to grow in proportions as the material universes and their spiritual administration continue to expand.
P.117 - §1 Only infinity can disclose the Father-Infinite.

P.1171 - §5 The association of these three Trinities in the Trinity of Trinities provides for a possible unlimited integration of reality. This grouping contains causes, intermediates, and finals; inceptors, realizers, and consummators; beginnings, existences, and destinies. The Father-Son partnership has become Son-Spirit and then Spirit-Supreme and on to Supreme-Ultimate and Ultimate-Absolute, even to Absolute and Father-Infinite--the completion of the cycle of reality. Likewise, in other phases not so immediately concerned with divinity and personality, does the First Great Source and Center self-realize the limitlessness of reality around the circle of eternity, from the absoluteness of self-existence, through the endlessness of self-revelation, to the finality of self-realization--from the absolute of existentials to the finality of experientials.

P.1173 - §0 Absolutes of Infinity. Though the universe philosophers deem this to be a most remote probability, still, we often ask this question: If the second level of the Trinity of Trinities could ever achieve trinity unity, what then would transpire as a consequence of such deity unity? We do not know, but we are confident that it would lead directly to the realization of the I AM as an experiential attainable. From the standpoint of personal beings it could mean that the unknowable I AM had become experiencible as the Father-Infinite. What these absolute destinies might mean from a nonpersonal standpoint is another matter and one which only eternity could possibly clarify. But as we view these remote eventualities as personal creatures, we deduce that the final destiny of all personalities is the final knowing of the Universal Father of these selfsame personalities.

P.1175 - §1 To material, evolutionary, finite creatures, a life predicated on the living of the Father's will leads directly to the attainment of spirit supremacy in the personality arena and brings such creatures one step nearer the comprehension of the Father-Infinite. Such a Father life is one predicated on truth, sensitive to beauty, and dominated by goodness...

It sounds as though the Father-Infinite is the I AM in absolute completion, no?

Rick

#37 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Wouldn't the Father-Infinite be the result of the ultimate resolution of the absolute divinity tension caused by the volitional differential between static and dynamic infinity? The question is, what does the ultimate resolution become in relation to the whole? No one seems to know, but I'm sure it is filled with new potentials and new tensions; the Father-Infinite is a relation.

One of the biggest problems we have as finite creatures is the tendency toward linear and sequential thinking. The exercise of elliptical thinking is an essential part of stretching the mind. There is no finality in infinity; in infinity, the word "completion" becomes an oxymoron.

103.6.14 Philosophy dare not project its interpretations of reality in the linear fashion of logic; it must never fail to reckon with the elliptic symmetry of reality and with the essential curvature of all relation concepts.
130.7.5 Animals do not sense time as does man, and even to man, because of his sectional and circumscribed view, time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

#38 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Wouldn't the Father-Infinite be the result of the ultimate resolution of the absolute divinity tension caused by the volitional differential between static and dynamic infinity? The question is, what does the ultimate resolution become in relation to the whole? No one seems to know, but I'm sure it is filled with new potentials and new tensions; the Father-Infinite is a relation.

One of the biggest problems we have as finite creatures is the tendency toward linear and sequential thinking. The exercise of elliptical thinking is an essential part of stretching the mind. There is no finality in infinity; in infinity, the word "completion" becomes an oxymoron.

Just because you are completed doesn't mean you're finished...

P.1163 - §12 Reality growth is conditioned by the circumstances of the successive universe ages. The central universe underwent no evolutionary change in the Havona age, but in the present epochs of the superuniverse age it is undergoing certain progressive changes induced by co-ordination with the evolutionary superuniverses. The seven superuniverses, now evolving, will sometime attain the settled status of light and life, will attain the growth limit for the present universe age. But beyond doubt, the next age, the age of the first outer space level, will release the superuniverses from the destiny limitations of the present age. Repletion is continually being superimposed upon completion
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#39 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Just because you are completed doesn't mean you're finished...

P.1163 - §12 Reality growth is conditioned by the circumstances of the successive universe ages. The central universe underwent no evolutionary change in the Havona age, but in the present epochs of the superuniverse age it is undergoing certain progressive changes induced by co-ordination with the evolutionary superuniverses. The seven superuniverses, now evolving, will sometime attain the settled status of light and life, will attain the growth limit for the present universe age. But beyond doubt, the next age, the age of the first outer space level, will release the superuniverses from the destiny limitations of the present age. Repletion is continually being superimposed upon completion

What do you suppose they mean by superimposed "repletion"?

Repletion

1. The state of being replete; superabundant fullness. The tree had too much repletion, and was oppressed with its own sap. (bacon) Replecioun [overeating] ne made her never sick. (Chaucer)

2. (Science: medicine) Fullness of blood; plethora.
3. the state of being satisfactorily full and unable to take on more
4. the condition of being filled to capacity
5. eating until excessively full
6. the act of consuming food
7. overglut, more than a glut which is defined as: Plenty, to satiety or repletion; a full supply; hence, often, a supply beyond sufficiency or to loathing; over abundance
Origin: L. Repletio a filling up
Synonyms: engorgement, feeding, filling, glut, gratification, indulgence, overfilling, satiety, saturation, slaking, surfeit

#40 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

Here we are in the dawn of eternity, newly emerged ourselves from preexistent potentials, speculating and striving, reaching and grasping, trying to wrap our circumscribed thinking around infinite (or ultimate bordering on absolute) realities.
And that is good. We will know this stuff by the end of our sojurn in time.

As we read on page three about Divinity:
P.3 - §5 Divinity may be perfect--complete--as on existential and creator levels of Paradise perfection; it may be imperfect, as on experiential and creature levels of time-space evolution; or it may be relative, neither perfect nor imperfect, as on certain Havona levels of existential-experiential relationships.

P.3 - §6 When we attempt to conceive of perfection in all phases and forms of relativity, we encounter seven conceivable types:
P.3 - §7 1. Absolute perfection in all aspects.
P.3 - §8 2. Absolute perfection in some phases and relative perfection in all other aspects.
P.3 - §9 3. Absolute, relative, and imperfect aspects in varied association.
P.3 - §10 4. Absolute perfection in some respects, imperfection in all others.
P.3 - §11 5. Absolute perfection in no direction, relative perfection in all manifestations.
P.3 - §12 6. Absolute perfection in no phase, relative in some, imperfect in others.
P.3 - §13 7. Absolute perfection in no attribute, imperfection in all. (ME)

P.1149 - §15 1. The Universal Father.
P.1149 - §16 2. The Universal Absolute. (THE FIFTH TRIUNITY)
P.1149 - §17 3. The Unqualified Absolute.

P.1149 - §18 This grouping yields the eternalization of the functional infinity realization of all that is actualizable within the domains of nondeity reality. This triunity
P.1150 - §0 manifests unlimited reactive capacity to the volitional, causative, tensional, and patternal actions and presences of the other triunities.

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND IN THE BOOK UNDER (SUPERIMPOSING)

P.554 - §2 Mota is more than a superior philosophy; it is to philosophy as two eyes are to one; it has a stereoscopic effect on meanings and values. Material man sees the universe, as it were, with but one eye--flat. Mansion world students achieve cosmic perspective--depth--by superimposing the perceptions of the morontia life upon the perceptions of the physical life. And they are enabled to bring these material and morontial viewpoints into true focus largely through the untiring ministry of their seraphic counselors, who so patiently teach the mansion world students and the morontia progressors. Many of the teaching counselors of the supreme order of seraphim began their careers as advisers of the newly liberated souls of the mortals of time.

(The perception of reality differs. Sight and sound are artifacts of our brain which processes these neural signals. How much differently we all perceive identical stimuli. How differently must a morontia ascender process these same inputs with a score or more additional senses. What was a flat screen becomes a hologram, what loveliness is a rose in bloom, more lovely as a moire pattern of living flowing energies and lights? Still a rose, and lovelier! Does the enhanced perception of the rose change its nature. Does it make the rose more real
?)
P.643 - §5 Ascendant finaliters, having been born in the local universes, nurtured in the superuniverses, and trained in the central universe, embrace in their personal experiences the full potential of the comprehension of the time-space divinity of God the Sevenfold unifying in the Supreme. Finaliters serve successively in superuniverses other than those of nativity, thereby superimposing experience upon experience until the fullness of the sevenfold diversity of possible creature experience has been encompassed. Through the ministry of the indwelling Adjusters the finaliters are enabled to find the Universal Father, but it is by these techniques of experience that such finaliters come really to know the Supreme Being, and they are destined to the service and the revelation of this Supreme Deity in and to the future universes of outer space.

And Finally...

P.1294 - §13 Each successive universe age is the antechamber of the following era of cosmic growth, and each universe epoch provides immediate destiny for all preceding stages. Havona, in and of itself, is a perfect, but perfection-limited, creation; Havona perfection, expanding out into the evolutionary superuniverses, finds not only cosmic destiny but also liberation from the limitations of pre-evolutionary existence

P.S. I think the development of capacity signalizes advent of superimposition of higher levels of repletion.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users