#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

Forum Friends,

Secondary works break this gargantuan, manifold revelation into bite-size conceptual pieces more easily digested by the human mind. Each concept then gradually works its way into the arena of its relevance. The creators of these works present their messages in diverse cultural and social venues, like art, music and writing.

Twenty five years ago a Spanish-born writer published a novel called 'The Trojan Horse: Jerusalem' which became very popular. Since then J. J. Benitez has created a series of books, based in the revelations of The Urantia Papers, that have sold over five million copies in nine languages--simultaneously igniting the light of new revelation within the Spanish speaking/reading world.

The plot of Benitez's series of books is centered around Part Four of The Urantia Book, the Life and Teachings of Jesus, which he copied from the Urantia Book. But the outer wrapping is a complete fiction of time travel, espionage and intrigue. Benitez weaves together a story about US Secret Service agents traveling back in time to record Jesus' life, who then bring these records back to present times. That's only the beginning, he's written five thousand pages and counting!

Not surprisingly Sr. Benitez reportedly said: "I've been told that the Jesus described in my books is the Jesus people have dreamt about--a Jesus who is very distant from what churches preach about." No longer a part of the Church that rejects his writings, Benitez also said, "I am not religious, I practice the religion of the spirit."

Millions and millions of Spanish readers have been directly exposed to Part Four through Benitez's fictional device. Very soon, the English translation of this series of books will be published in the US and abroad, in spite of the 'satanic' label certain religionists have attempted to hang on them. Benitez continues to research, travel and compose this fiction that rivals the Bible in some ways in the Espaniphone community. What will it do to Anglophones?

Comments, other secondary work stories, welcome, Rick

#2 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Dear Rick and all,

We have enjoyed an untramelled atmosphere since the publication of the book in 1955. Only twice in the forty years I did volunteer work at the Urantia foundation were we subject to the scrutiny of a television news crew. I believe this freedom from publicity has enabled the slow and sure growth of study that takes deep root, not the" flash in the pan" "ten minutes of fame" that is dismissed as the public eye moves restlessly on for its next thrilling expose.

JJ Benitez has brought many people to the study of the Urantia Book. he is a "strange preacher" and God uses all means to get us what we need to develop unity and grow a lasting civilization based on enduring heavenly values. No doubt this will, once again, bring the magnifying glass upon our established groups and activities. The revelators seemed to think fifty years of unimpeded growth, several generations was needed to ensure a healthy and stable foundation. It was not quite fifty years when some short-sighted and self-posessed individuals incited those actions which ultimately led to the challenge to the Urantia Foundations ownership of the United States copyright to the Urantia Book. I know all things work together for good to those who love God. We too, like God, will make lemonade out of lemons.

When Benitez' books hit the English-speaking market, we will again see a spurt in the sales of the book and this can only be good. I wonder, Rick, why it took so long for Benitez to authorize his works publications in the English language?

Love,

Bill
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#3 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hi all!

I found this topic and now to wish share with you my experience.

When I read Caballo de Troya 1, could not stop thinking and wondering ... I can believe in this fiction? :)
It caught my attention and I wondered ... where, how JJ Benitez had happened to write something that seemed so real? especially on the life of Jesus.
The truth is I was very impressed.
Several years passed.
One day in a Spanish magazine I read a title of "Fraud JJ" and its relationship with the Urantia Book!
I had never heard anything about that book.
My enthusiasm was huge, as you can imagine!
With good reason, I knew my intuition does not fail me!
So I looked for the book, online.
I could not believe!
Since two years ago I read my Urantia Book every day.
Now, I think, maybe, if I had not read Trojan Horse, the magazine article I had not caught my attention.

Thanks JJ Benitez!

Greeting!

Alina A.

Edited by Alina, 20 September 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#4 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hi all!

When I read Caballo de Troya 1, could not stop thinking and wondering ... I can believe in this fiction? :)
It caught my attention and I wondered ... where, how JJ Benitez had happened to write something that seemed so real? especially on the life of Jesus.
Several years passed.
One day in a Spanish magazine I read a title of "Fraud JJ" and its relationship with the Urantia Book!
I could not believe!
Since two years ago I read my Urantia Book every day.
Now, I think, maybe, if I had not read Trojan Horse, the magazine article I had not caught my attention.

Thanks JJ Benitez!

Greeting!

Alina A.

Thank you so much Alina for sharing your story about how Caballo de Troya 1 caught your attention which lead you to the UB.

And welcome to the forum! Thank you for your contributions to our discussions.

All the best,
Meredith

#5 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Meredith, thank you very much!
Really has been a big step for me to meet with our beloved Blue Book.

Thanks again!

All the best for you

Alina A

#6 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hi all!

Several years passed.
I could not believe!
Since three years ago I read my Urantia Book every day.

Thanks JJ Benitez!

Greeting!

Alina A.

I've had to modify this post because I was wrong. Now I read it again and note the writen error. Since... almost three years ago, not two, I'm reading the Urantia Book

Edited by Alina, 11 October 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#7 Uri

Uri

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hi, friends. :o

I did not know already authorized JJBenítez books translated into English Trojan Horse.
He is a key; I would say that as a precursor-motivator to make the jump to The Urantia Book.
God's ways are mysterious. He is slowly joining the pieces of the puzzle.
So that we can not change the course of time. Everything has a Why? Nothing is coincidence. It is only causality.

Everything is controlled by the Father and all your loved coordinated.
I read the eight books of Trojan horse, one missing. I never doubted him. Always thought they were a reality.
But then there was the Internet connection C of T with the UB and to this day my passion is the beautiful Blue Book. I have eight years studying
Even though today I am a loyal reader of The Urantia Book. I want to see the end of that book number nine. And I think that thousands are waiting. If this is the Will of the Father. Will be read by many people.

Meanwhile, UB is my favorite forever. :o

Sincerely,

Uri

#8 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

Forum Friends,

Apparently Caballo de Troya is in fact about to be published in English. This article is from Urantia Foundation Facebook Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Did JJ Benítez base his bestselling novels on the teachings of The Urantia Book?

Posted Image

Although this is a question for JJ Benitez to answer, there is definitely evidence substantiating this claim. Benítez ends La Rebelión de Lucifer, published in 1985, by thanking Urantia Foundation for being the custodian of the modern revelation which contains the information that inspired his work. He also acknowledged the same gratitude for Urantia Foundation in The Gospel of John, published in 1988.

When did his interest in The Urantia Book begin? Again, this is a question for Benítez to answer. However, he published The Messenger in 1979 claiming great interest in Jesus of Nazareth by describing the last days of his earthly life. This account follows the Life and Teachings of Jesus in Part IV of The Urantia Book. His novel, Dreams, 1982, describes the organization of the Grand Universe as detailed in The Urantia Book including superuniverses, the Central Universe, and the Eternal Isle of Paradise. The Gospel of John, 1988, focuses on the Paradise Trinity and Michael of Nebadon as a supposed revelation given to the apostle John Zebedee. This account also parallels details from The Urantia Book.

His most famous book, Caballo de Troya, exhibits the most extensive sourcing of information from The Urantia Book. Such information includes the name of Jesus being Michael of Nebadon, the episode with John Mark, "One day alone with God," the morontia appearances of Jesus after his resurrection, and conversations between Jesus, Peter and John.

Benítez's novels, also translated into Portuguese, have exposed thousands of people to The Urantia Book. The Spanish and Portuguese speaking people represent the fastest growing numbers of Urantia Book readers. Many frequently visit Urantia Foundation's website, www.urantia.org. Brazilians make up the second largest group of visitors.

There has been some controversy regarding the use of information from The Urantia Book by Benítez in his fictional books. Yet the viral spreading of Urantia Book teachings through his novels has clearly produced good results. For decades, Urantia Foundation has received testimony from people affirming their discovery of The Urantia Book through his novels. Having become dedicated students of The Urantia Book teachings, they recognize The Urantia Book as a work of non-fiction.

It is Urantia Foundation's mission to spread The Urantia Book and its teachings throughout the world. The book is now available in 15 languages.

Caballo de Troya, The Trojan Horse series, will be translated into English and published soon. For more information on J.J. Benítez, visit http://www.jjbenitez.com/. Visit http://en.wikipedia....aballo_de_Troya for information on this book series.

For the true teachings of The Urantia Book, go to www.urantia.org.

Source: Urantia Foundation on Facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users