23 replies to this topic

#21 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Another point I would like to bring up while we're on this topic. We cannot legislate morality. We can give incentives, but we cannot administratively produce morality. People either want to be moral or they don't, but they decide.

100.3.7 Social growth cannot be secured by legislation, and moral growth is not had by improved administration.

Edited by Bonita, 12 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

#22 Michael

Michael

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

Susan, thanks so much for your profound and very touching post. It requires true courage to offer such sincere and candid analysis, free from all ego attempts for self-defense. Thank you for sharing it.

Bill, I think that (unfortunately) this quote is first and foremost about “other things”, as you put. I understand “stumble” as choosing the wrong way. All forms of abuse are passive actions from the child’s perspective since they are imposed on him.
Of cause, if a prolonged abuse creates a behavioral pattern, it falls within the quote’s implication.

Meredith, yes, its a very strong statement. That is one of the reasons for pondering it. As far as the harshness of the language is concerned, it outmatches even the last Temple discource.

Bonita, you jump to conclusions. I would love to explain what I mean by the “moral issue” in a private message, but since you don’t welcome it, I suggest we start a new thread, something like “Dietary issues in TUB”. In the meantime let us refrain from attacking viewpoints unless we know their content in detail, if we really aim at a “hearty” discussion.

Michael

#23 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Bonita, you jump to conclusions. I would love to explain what I mean by the “moral issue” in a private message, but since you don’t welcome it, I suggest we start a new thread, something like “Dietary issues in TUB”. In the meantime let us refrain from attacking viewpoints unless we know their content in detail, if we really aim at a “hearty” discussion.

Michael,

Perhaps you didn't mean what you wrote. I can only respond to the words in the post. I can respond to your intentions only if you share them.

There was no "attack" in my post. I am merely sharing what is written in TUB concerning your statements about food, morality and spirituality. This forum is for discussing and studying the Urantia Book.

I do think you should explain what you mean in a public forum, since you brought it up in a public forum. Why do so in private and deny others the opportunity to understand your intentions, especially if your intention is to include proper nourishment in your guidelines, based upon the Urantia Book, for educating preschool children.

If you would like to drop dietary issues from your original proposition, which by the way you did ask for comments on, I would be delighted.

It's funny, you sound so much like a fellow named Michael Melody. Do you know him?

#24 Michael

Michael

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Bonita,

I usually mean what I write or say.

The dietary issue is a small and by far not the most important part of my original post. I feel you are blowing it out of proportion.

I have well substantiated and detailed arguments in favor of my position. I am prepared to defend what I propose in a “public forum”, provided there is a right place for doing it. Rick (the Moderator) has specifically asked not to turn it into a dietary squabble. For this, and only for this reason I have suggested to either go private, or find a better place for this discussion.

And – no, I don’t happen to know a fellow named Michael Melody.

Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users