• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy<br />Computer Programming<br />Space Exploration<br />Theoretical Sciences<br />Common Sense + Knowledge = Wisdom<br />Growing things

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

It struck me as very curious the statement in paper 61, line 163:

"100,000 years ago, during the retreat of the last glacier, the vast polar ice sheets began to form, and the center of ice accumulation moved considerably northward. And as long as the polar regions continue to be covered with ice, it is hardly possible for another glacial age to occur, regardless of future land elevations or modification of ocean currents."

Since the polar ice caps didn't form until the end of the last ice age, it would stand to reason that without the cold ice cap in the north, colder weather would be pushed south over lower elevations. That would occur because open water is warmer than the cold air and would create a bubble of warm air mass that displaces the cold. The only place for it to go would be south over Northern America, Asia, and Europe.

So, if our ice cap in the north is melted over the next 30+ years as expected, I verily believe we'll be seeing colder and longer winters in the northern latitudes.

Any others thoughts on this topic?
Tim Williams
Avid Urantia Book reader
Truth Seeker in all walks of life
Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

#2 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Cutting down too much of the rain forests around the equator jet stream belt where the "trade winds" blow in the opposite direction has already been proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt (thanks to fractal geometry among other data) to be the greatest destabilizing event of our time. The discussion now is not whether reforestation needs to be started, it's about how much land needs to be sacrificed to reforestation. If it's not done, there will be no stable zonal flows on earth on which to depend for agriculture life maintenance.

A tribe of "natives" deep in the Venezuelian rain forests that no Occidentals knew about (but they knew about us - we're a bunch of loud thrashers and trashers :) - came to the big city in Venezuela in the 1980s, introduced themselves as our "Big Brothers" and presented their "data" to warn us of impending atmospheric destabilization.

When it comes to "observational" scientists, the Occidentals need to learn to listen to other "races" of man.

Cold pockets and hot pockets will collide directly into each other - violent weather where they collide. And I agree that the COLD air is what will be the "victor" in that process.

It snowed in Las Vegas and Dubai this year... :)

Humans need to realize that we are the ones who have to learn the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for life on this planet. WE are not the ones who write the SOPs.

Got humility? :D

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

"100,000 years ago, during the retreat of the last glacier, the vast polar ice sheets began to form, and the center of ice accumulation moved considerably northward. And as long as the polar regions continue to be covered with ice, it is hardly possible for another glacial age to occur, regardless of future land elevations or modification of ocean currents."

Since the polar ice caps didn't form until the end of the last ice age, it would stand to reason that without the cold ice cap in the north, colder weather would be pushed south over lower elevations. That would occur because open water is warmer than the cold air and would create a bubble of warm air mass that displaces the cold. The only place for it to go would be south over Northern America, Asia, and Europe.

So, if our ice cap in the north is melted over the next 30+ years as expected, I verily believe we'll be seeing colder and longer winters in the northern latitudes.

That's the way I and others who've discussed that quote see it, Tim.

#4 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

I donít know if there is global warming or global cooling. I lived in Arizona many, many years so I know that the climate has changed here. I was out of the U.S. for about five years. Then when I came back to AZ there was rain coming out of a sunny sky. Itís like something has gone crazy. Arizona doesnít have wind, but now Iím walking home from school and all of a sudden the sky goes dark and wind starts blowing me to kingdom come. It was a serious emergency. A guy pulled over to offer me a ride and I can barely get in his car because the wind wonít let me shut the door. I donít get in strange menís cars for no reason. He said he doesnít offer rides, but he had never seen wind like this before. The wind was about to blow me to the Land of Oz. So I get in his car and Iím gasping for air and saying, ďItís global warming! Itís global warming!Ē :)

Edited by Jessica, 28 January 2009 - 11:05 PM.

"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#5 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

I donít know if there is global warming or global cooling. I lived in Arizona many, many years so I know that the climate has changed here. I was out of the U.S. for about five years. Then when I came back to AZ there was rain coming out of a sunny sky. Itís like something has gone crazy. Arizona doesnít have wind, but now Iím walking home from school and all of a sudden the sky goes dark and wind starts blowing me to kingdom come. It was a serious emergency. A guy pulled over to offer me a ride and I can barely get in his car because the wind wonít let me shut the door. I donít get in strange menís cars for no reason. He said he doesnít offer rides, but he had never seen wind like this before. The wind was about to blow me to the Land of Oz. So I get in his car and Iím gasping for air and saying, ďItís global warming! Itís global warming!Ē :D

It's "global thermal instability" and the data is clear about when the current change began. Deforestation along the "trade wind" area of the planet - or to wax poetic, the butterfly flapped its wings in a different spot :)

The weather channel sends a text message warning for your area to your cell or computer if you sign up for the service. "Haboob" (Saudi-invented word for desert wind storm) is a common enough occurance in the Sahara and in Phoenix, AZ - look it up on the internet "Haboob in Phoenix" - nice pics of the ones spotted around Phoenix over the years...and Las Vegas....been delayed for take-off once or twice until a haboob passed....it was a giggle to be in the plane one time (second in line on the runway - almost made it out on time :-)) when the haboob blew across the runways - person a couple of seats ahead of me needed to use their barf bag - it was amazing how much the motion of the plane jostled by the haboob matched the motion of being in a boat on a stormy sea!

There is no word for "snow" - Dubai residents had to make one up this past week :)

#6 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Nameless, Google says, ďPhoenix experiences on average about 3 haboobs per year during the months of June through September.Ē Iíd better rush out and get cell phone alerts right now! LOL :) Three haboobs a year hardly qualifies Arizona as a windy state. And the haboob video just showed regular breeze flowing through some trees. What happened to me was a tornado-like wind and it happened on 6-6-6 :) , a coincidence that gives evidence of a scheduled weather equipment experiment. That was right after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. AIDS is commonly believed to be a bio weapon created by a shadow part of government. What if Hurricane Katrina and global climate change are classified shadow government weapons?

I just signed up for the weather channel alerts on my computer. Now when I turn on the computer it gives a pop up of the weather today in my city. Sweet idea, Namey.
"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#7 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Dear Tim, all,

Opinions about global warming abound. The UB dates back to 1934 followed by its publication in 1955. In thirty years, as you have mentioned, the date will be about 2049. That would be 100 years, more or less, from the Papers to 2049. In the scheme of things 100 years is a very short time, compared to 100,000 years for example.

My impression from the quotation you cite is an inerpretation and it informs me to worry not. Some day there may be more land elevations. I think future land elevations will take eons of time There may be changes in sea currents. The polar regions may freeze up again. And may thaw again. The northern hemispheres might have colder and longer winters. Maybe in the southern areas too. And then all of that can change.

All the best,
Meredith

#8 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

What if Hurricane Katrina and global climate change are classified shadow government weapons?

Free will, eh? Quite the interesting experiment!

From a psycho-logical viewpoint, it's not surprising that ANY government would get suicidally desperate in trying to micro-manage it's "power" over land, sea and air in the face of entities like "Power Directors" (UB cast of cosmic characters reference).

Finding proof/data/factoids to back up your "theory" that Arizona does not have windy days is a common tactic of "personality" coordination. However, based on honest examination of this common phenomena, the term "cherry-picking data" has evolved to note the "intelligence failure" that will ALWAYS be the fruit of that kind of mental labor.

As a parent, I can't let you go on making a case for a windless Arizona, Jessica.

#9 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Thankyou, Meredith. Youíre interpretation is very soothing to me. Maybe they (UB writers) wanted us to know that these things are normal. They spent so many chapters going on and on and on about the land elevations and depressions, ice coming and going that I would always wonder why they were telling us this stuff. They must have known we were going to mistake these phenomena as a crisis one day. What if it was aliens? Nevermind. I watch too many conspiracy movies. My adorable weather pop up said this morning that today would be sunny. Surprise! :)

Edited by Jessica, 01 February 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#10 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'll agree with the fact that the conversation about "global warming" has gone on way too long centered around a false premise with cherry picked data.

However, the science is REAL about the effect that 7 billion people are having when interacting with the "environment" that they depend upon for life-maintenance.

I think that we got all those geology fun facts in the UB to help us with solving the problems of living in a way that is not disrespectful to the needs of 7 generations out from today.

Andon and Fonta lived the ultimate "green" lifestyle. We have tickled the edge of a lifeless lifestyle.

Methinks "science" and UB fun facts and "personality" can all come in handy in figuring out how to live anew.

I'm not into going back to swinging through the trees to worship at the idealogical altar of "green" :) Ditto for industrial totalitarianism....not worshipping at that altar, either.

#11 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

Mixing and consequent stabilization is achieved by convection in earth (volcanism,earthquakes, subduction and land elevation), water ( Warm circulation to the polar regions- the relatively swift and Japan and Gulf Stream type currrents and the deeper, slower cold water return to the equatorial regions) and air- the boundary layer jet streams along frontal zones, hurricanes spinning excess energy away from the lower latitudes, etc.

Mixing is good. When it stops due to desalinization ( halting the salty cold water from sinking down on its patient return down from the poles) from an excessive amount of fresh water in the mix,or when climatic conditions change suddenly, is when all hell will break loose. After tremendous and unchecked (by normal weather) energies have dissipated, then we might see stationary weather fronts that last millenia and a mile of snow over Toronto.

One good reason for making epochal revelation in book form is for the propogation of revelational continuity and prevention of conceptual diffusion. What I am attempting to say is if /when we do experience serious cataclysmic changes, when billions perish slowly or relatively quickly, when large-scale habitation in urban concentrations may become untenable- there will be a written Word to carry wo/mankind through the terrible interregnum.This is one good reason to spread books about the planet in languages people can read. It is why I am leaving on the next high tide with a boatful (I wish) of El Libros to disseminate among the indigineous peoples of Maya. I will be there when the calendar runs out doing my best to do God's will.

Wish me well
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#12 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

I am leaving on the next high tide with a boatful (I wish) of El Libros to disseminate among the indigineous peoples of Maya. I will be there when the calendar runs out doing my best to do God's will.

Wish me well

Godspeed my friend, I not only wish you well but will pray for your success and wellbeing on this journey.

Much love,

Rob

#13 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

I will be there when the calendar runs out doing my best to do God's will.

Wish me well

Have a wonderful adventure!

I believe it was a cartoon in The New Yorker magazine - the artist made an arbitrary decision to end his calendar at 2012 because "every artist needs to know when to finish a piece".... :)

The Antikythera Mechanism - now THAT is a fascinating perpetual calendar device....but the population of Greece isn't as easy to turn on to a new "religion" as the Maya are...Fatherhood of God, Brotherhood of Man.....

#14 StarStudent

StarStudent

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hello all, I'm new here, and after reading over all of the above post, I felt compelled to throw in my 2 cents worth about Global Warming etc...
Without going into a spew about the 20 some years of research that I've done etc. I have another perspective about all the "effects" that we are seeing, both in weather, and the trending of our times here on Urantia.
First, Let me say that when an action is created, [The Cause] thus will have it's following impact upon the shores of time. [The Effects]
Within our created system, we have our local Solar System, The Sun being sensitive to the magnetic balances of it's bodies/planets which are the direct cause of various cycles or enteractions with the fluiditic responses of the Solar flare activity.
These orbits planetary bodies have a varing degree of influence upon the Sun's balance, such as when a planet forms a certain degree of relationship to one another, but their greater influence upon the Sun happens when two or more, [called clustering] crosses parallel paths, thus providing the greater Solar reactions of larger solar reactions, resulting in what is call Pulsars etc...
Now on to our "Weather" changes, which primarily comes from the roll that our planet Mercury plays upon the Solar activity and it's cyclic placement/degree within it's Solar Flair cycle..[approx. every 11.2 yrs cycle]
What we are seeing with our unusual times of current effects, comes from the causes that the much larger cycles are playing with the timing of the shorter term cycles, thus magnifing in effects here upon Urantia.
These unusual Effects will not only be shown in Weather patterns and the resulting global impacts upon planetary stress, causeing earthquakes etc.. but upon all life forms too..
Our Physical make up is primarily one of bio-chem.-electro being, and not only effected by Lunar effects but also from all magnetic influences....
In addition to the above, I've used some pretty sofisticated software programs and have back tested to the days of Christ, and have not found any clustering effects likened to the ones that will begin in Sept. 2012 and continue until late Nov. 2016.
Within these cluster of Mega cycles, I have found occurances of individual planetary impacts into the past, and have researched the time periods and news events, and found times of covering such events such as: Mega Volcanio erruptions of the Teal Vocanio in the Phillippens; The attempts of Genecide in Calcutta; Extreme weather storms which caused the worse food production years of Great Britian, almost leading to starvation; The outbreak of plague; and time period of great civil unrest/rioting.
As to the degree of one of the cyclic impact [which brought about plague],within the cluster, I've calculated to the Longitude degrees of the southern states, [within U.S.] and have cross referanced this time period with the cycles within the animal kingdom to try to gain some insight into it's possible effects, and have found that it could possiblily come from flies/mesquitoes/horses/cattle/and effecting humans.
With respect to all opinions, I hope that the research that I've done may be of some help or understanding. Thank you kindly.

#15 joer

joer

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

Hello all, I'm new here, and after reading over all of the above post, I felt compelled to throw in my 2 cents worth about Global Warming etc...
Without going into a spew about the 20 some years of research that I've done etc. I have another perspective about all the "effects" that we are seeing, both in weather, and the trending of our times here on Urantia.
First, Let me say that when an action is created, [The Cause] thus will have it's following impact upon the shores of time. [The Effects]
Within our created system, we have our local Solar System, The Sun being sensitive to the magnetic balances of it's bodies/planets which are the direct cause of various cycles or enteractions with the fluiditic responses of the Solar flare activity.
These orbits planetary bodies have a varing degree of influence upon the Sun's balance, such as when a planet forms a certain degree of relationship to one another, but their greater influence upon the Sun happens when two or more, [called clustering] crosses parallel paths, thus providing the greater Solar reactions of larger solar reactions, resulting in what is call Pulsars etc...
Now on to our "Weather" changes, which primarily comes from the roll that our planet Mercury plays upon the Solar activity and it's cyclic placement/degree within it's Solar Flair cycle..[approx. every 11.2 yrs cycle]
What we are seeing with our unusual times of current effects, comes from the causes that the much larger cycles are playing with the timing of the shorter term cycles, thus magnifing in effects here upon Urantia.
These unusual Effects will not only be shown in Weather patterns and the resulting global impacts upon planetary stress, causeing earthquakes etc.. but upon all life forms too..
Our Physical make up is primarily one of bio-chem.-electro being, and not only effected by Lunar effects but also from all magnetic influences....
In addition to the above, I've used some pretty sofisticated software programs and have back tested to the days of Christ, and have not found any clustering effects likened to the ones that will begin in Sept. 2012 and continue until late Nov. 2016.
Within these cluster of Mega cycles, I have found occurances of individual planetary impacts into the past, and have researched the time periods and news events, and found times of covering such events such as: Mega Volcanio erruptions of the Teal Vocanio in the Phillippens; The attempts of Genecide in Calcutta; Extreme weather storms which caused the worse food production years of Great Britian, almost leading to starvation; The outbreak of plague; and time period of great civil unrest/rioting.
As to the degree of one of the cyclic impact [which brought about plague],within the cluster, I've calculated to the Longitude degrees of the southern states, [within U.S.] and have cross referanced this time period with the cycles within the animal kingdom to try to gain some insight into it's possible effects, and have found that it could possiblily come from flies/mesquitoes/horses/cattle/and effecting humans.
With respect to all opinions, I hope that the research that I've done may be of some help or understanding. Thank you kindly.

Hey Star Student, I'm new here myself. I notice you mentioned a 11.2 year cycle. In the ninth grade in 1964 I remember studying Sunspots and learning of an 11 year cycle from least to most amount of spots. In the late 70's or early eighties I heard about an 11 year water cycle from lowest to highest rainfall totals. So the complete cycle from lowest to lowest amount of sunspots or driest to driest years was approx. 22 years. I was recently wondering if the two cycles water and sunspots (magnetic storms on the Sun) are in sync with each other. Do you or anyone here know anything about that?

Thanks. And God's Blessings be with you and us all. Welcome. :-)
The more we discover how much we are Loved by God, the more we want to do God's Will.

#16 Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy<br />Computer Programming<br />Space Exploration<br />Theoretical Sciences<br />Common Sense + Knowledge = Wisdom<br />Growing things

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

;) I'm sorry, but I really couldn't follow your line or reasoning. The major planetary bodies of this solar system, all put together would have far less gravitational influence on the Sun than the Moon has on the Earth, and the Moon is a lot closer to Earth than all those planets are to the Sun. All the planetary bodies put together would have to be closer than Mercury to the sun to have any significant gravitational effect on the Sun.

Case-In-Point: When all the planets, well major ones anyway, lined up in 1977 there was no noticeable change in the Sun. A lot of scientists thought there might at least be some change, but nope. So much for those doomsday-er warnings.

My original suggestion regarding global warming was not to state that the melting of the polar ice caps would make the planet warmer, only that it could change weather patterns in northern latitudes pushing colder temps to lower latitudes. This could lengthen winter weather, that's all, whatever that means. This is common sense science because warmer air displaces colder air as it rises, and doesn't mix as quickly as most people think. It'll be interesting to see how a melting polar ice cap effects weather.

In any case, good luck with the doomsday idea. We'll see what the future holds when it gets here. ;)
Tim Williams
Avid Urantia Book reader
Truth Seeker in all walks of life
Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

#17 StarStudent

StarStudent

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

Thank you Joer and Tim for your questions and I'll try to answer,
Joer~ You are correct about the 11.2 yr. cycle being one and the same as the Sunspot cycle, however, this Sunspot cycle is actually a collective of reoccuring planetary influences upon the Sun. The Water level cycle which you are referring to, though some may transpose it to related to the Sunspot cycle, is not in direct relation, if you backtest the long run of water levels, it does however follow or mirror the Economic cycles of our DJIA or Dow, and it does trace out a wave pattern, as does the Dow, in direct relationship to the progression of the Geocentric North Node.
In short, The Water level cycle and the Sunspot cycle in not directly related to one another, though they may share some minor influences in common.

Tim, I can respect your reasoning, as in your view, the talley for combined mass in relationship to the closeness of the Moon to Earth does sound logical.
I guess the best way for me to explain this concept, or reasoning, is to point out that "Time nor Distance," as measured with our modern science, is incorrect, and missing the understanding that there is an " energy" within all the Universe, [call it an undiscovered energy or God, or Prana force or whatever] that transmutes the planetary reactions instantly from far out planets, to Solar reactions, then immediate effects here upon earth.
I can not repeat word for word, what I've read from scientific [astro~phyisics] studies, inwhich such planetary reaction were noted, but beyond explaination as to how it could be, thus stating that there had to be another unknown factor at work which modern science could not understand nor explain.
It is one thing to use modern measures to calculate the speed of light, verses distance, to arrive at a projected time period of arrival of influences, and too, to think that a planet so far away, being so small, given such distance from the Sun, considering the Sun's mass, to causes such Solar disturbances, and then again to transport such reaction, again, to the shores of life here on earth...
Naturally, one would come to the conclusion of bewilderment.. or at least, to the same loss of understanding, even though the "cause" and the "effects" were verified.
However, this universal cohesion of planetary reactions upon life here is real. Even though we may fail to understand the works of our Creator, the vast workings is nothing short of intelligent design and so precisely created...
Also, In ancient tymes, there was just astro phyisics, "Astrology" is the creation of seers, fortune tellers & etc., and deal only with the Geocentric concepts, which is fine to help understandings with personalities and or compatibilities... however, the Geocentric concepts is very limited in as much as the Earth is not the center of our Solar system, The Sun is the primary influence or transmuter & relays the effects of solar occurances to life here upon earth, with the exception of the Moon of course....[The effects of the moon are seen, but very short term, =hours] in consideration of the larger effects, longer lasting effects from our system as a whole.
Another thing to consider, is that mankind is still progressively learning, ..It was just a little over 500 years ago that everyone thought that the world was Flat, and just 100 years ago, Ice Tea was unheard of..
As for the effects of Planets lining up, supposedly to have some strong pull upon the earth, and yet no reactions seen, just confirms what I have been explaining here, The Heliocentric view, [where the Sun is the center of the Solar system] provides the truer map, The Geocentric, [where the Earth is the center] pretains to the works of more modern astrology and more individualized.
Plus, The degree of one planet to another, as explained to "aspects" provides the lesser of Solar reactions, the greater reactions comes from two of more planets crossing parallel paths, either at the same path or pairing of planetary paths being crossed. Then the Sun reacts with the greater solar flair activity, thusly relaying what is called magnetic storms upon earth.
Please forgive me if I've done a poor job here trying to explain for your questions, as I'm really not that good at conveying at times.. but hope that in part, this will help shed some light on this subject.

#18 StarStudent

StarStudent

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

I'd just like to add that in no way am I referring to a doomsday, even though we surely will be in for some difficult year ahead, There is much on the forefront for mankind, new and better energy for home use, [perhaps from the H. of H2O]
The days of greed, gas, and corruption will become another page in history.. [Don't think that Greed will give up without a struggle though] Anyway, the world is not "doomed"... though our current civilization structure might be in for drastic changes.... Just another era or step forward in our closeness and spiritual growth..

#19 joer

joer

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'd just like to add that in no way am I referring to a doomsday, even though we surely will be in for some difficult year ahead, There is much on the forefront for mankind, new and better energy for home use, [perhaps from the H. of H2O]
The days of greed, gas, and corruption will become another page in history.. [Don't think that Greed will give up without a struggle though] Anyway, the world is not "doomed"... though our current civilization structure might be in for drastic changes.... Just another era or step forward in our closeness and spiritual growth..

Thanks StarStudent. I appreciate you sharing your correlations. I can imagine how waterfall levels could affect economic output. I'm not sure what your research revealed to you exactly, But I would imagine that more water would contribte to more output. BUT it might also be a cause of water damage and actually hurt economic output.

Thank you Star for sharing that with me.

Solving the Mystery of the Missing Neutrinos
the neutrino

The simplest model that fits all the neutrino data implies that the mass of the electron neutrino is about 100 million times smaller than the mass of the electron. But, the available data are not yet sufficiently definitive to rule out all but one possible solution. When we finally have a unique solution, the values of the different neutrino masses may be clues that lead to understanding physics beyond the standard model of particle physics.

There are two equivalent descriptions of neutrinos, one that is expressed in terms of the masses of the neutrinos and one that is expressed in terms of the particles with which the neutrinos are associated (electron neutrinos with electrons, muon neutrinos with muon particles, or tau neutrinos with tau particles). The relations between the mass description and the associated-particle description involve certain constants, called "mixing angles," whose values are potentially important clues that may help lead to an improved theory of how elementary particles behave.

Solar neutrino research shows that neutrinos can change their personalities or types. The mathematical description of this malady determines quantities that we hope will be useful clues in the search for a more general theory of how fundamental particles behave.

I wonder how close the neutrino is to an Ultimaton? Didn't it say where in TUB that there are 100 ultimatons in an electron?

And if Neutrino's are 100,000,000 times smaller than an electron. then couldn't it be that a neutrino might be the smallest form of matter, an ultimaton. And Ultimatons are supposed to come in Different flavors I beleive, aren't they? And the neutrino does that. What about the God Particle, the Higgs Boson, they expect they might see in the future produced by teh new Handron Collider? Is that supposed to be smaller than a neutrino? I heard it's (the God Particle) lifetime is expected to be just the tiniest instant.

In the article,How the Sun Shines
by John N. Bahcall
29 June2000
more on the neutrino
we see that about a hundred billion solar neutrinos pass through your thumbnail every second and you don't notice them.

Because of their weak interactions, neutrinos are difficult to detect. How difficult? A solar neutrino passing through the entire earth has less than one chance in a thousand billion of being stopped by terrestrial matter. According to standard theory, about a hundred billion solar neutrinos pass through your thumbnail every second and you don't notice them. Neutrinos can travel unaffected through iron as far as light can travel in a hundred years through empty space.

So there may be an energy that pervades everything. When we think that 100,000,000,000 solar neutrinos pass through our THUMBNAIL every SECOND. and it's travelling at close to the speed of light theoretically and we don't slow it down at all. How does it do that? What kind of scientific model could we use to represent that?

And that's just the neutrinos from the SUN. What about all those that pervade space from every source of light and maybe even dark matter? Could some of the other processes of our interaction with the universe sources of power matter and energy be causing and/or affecting Global Warming? It could be. But as far as we are concerned unless some other effect is distinctly identified and clearly understood, the focus on reducing the Carbon emissions make the most sense to me, until we can identify some other way WE can effect a change in the processes affecting Global Warming.

I like your ideas and theories Star-Student. Is there anything we can humanly do as an action activity in relation to that that you have presented to reverse the current effects of Global Warming?

Thank You my brother. ;)
The more we discover how much we are Loved by God, the more we want to do God's Will.

#20 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

The major planetary bodies of this solar system, all put together would have far less gravitational influence on the Sun than the Moon has on the Earth, and the Moon is a lot closer to Earth than all those planets are to the Sun.

Dear StarStudent,

I think Tim has a good point. In addition, this forum is for dicussing the teachings of the Urantia Book, and I too fail to see how your post relates to the teachings of either the Urantia Book or the teachings of Jesus therein.

Consider this statement, that is in contradiction to what Jesus or the UB teaches:

However, this universal cohesion of planetary reactions upon life here is real. Even though we may fail to understand the works of our Creator, the vast workings is nothing short of intelligent design and so precisely created...

Also, In ancient tymes, there was just astro phyisics, "Astrology" is the creation of seers, fortune tellers & etc., and deal only with the Geocentric concepts, which is fine to help understandings with personalities and or compatibilities... The Geocentric, [where the Earth is the center] pretains to the works of more modern astrology and more individualized.

Jesus tell us plainly that astrology is nothing more than a mass of superstition:

The courses of the stars in the heavens have nothing whatever to do with the events of human life on earth. Astronomy is a proper pursuit of science, but astrology is a mass of superstitious error which has no place in the gospel of the kingdom.

That is a pretty strong statement: "Astrology is a mass of superstitious error which has no place in the gospel of the kingdom."

To help new readers who visit this forum differentiate the claims you make above from the teachings of the UB and Jesus it is important to note what Jesus actually taught. Have you read the Urantia Book StarStudent? Or considered these claims you are making in light of its teachings?

Peace,

Rob

Edited by Rob, 23 February 2009 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users