#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

It has been real but I am leaving.

I refuse to be a part any Forum. I prefer to read UB and live life. This a platform for self-aggrandisement, argument, and in general a place for ugly behavior.

There are some very questionable personalities here. Shame on them.

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#2 Daniel Foster

Daniel Foster

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:God. Music engineering, theory, and jazz. Astro/quantum physics and chemistry. Cosmology. Poetry. <br /><br />purpose: realigning myself again for the real world and the workforce.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

I refuse to be a part any Forum. I prefer to read UB and live life. This a platform for self-aggrandisement, argument, and in general a place for ugly behavior.

Carolyn

~Li'l Bro Dan'l

#3 Daniel Foster

Daniel Foster

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:God. Music engineering, theory, and jazz. Astro/quantum physics and chemistry. Cosmology. Poetry. <br /><br />purpose: realigning myself again for the real world and the workforce.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

I know how it feels Carolyn,

~not being the greatest example dealing with chronic pain and dire self medication. Just know that we all are in debt to your services. Having met you personally I can say that I truly love you.

Unification has is certain drawbacks...lets hope the teachings inspire the fruits of the spirit within us...ALL...someday.

I haven't much interest since T-list but then again that was backwaters also. Since there are no more studygroups in my area I mean to be a "member at large" until I might pull something together myself. Since I moved to the state of Misery (the show me state) studygroups are remedial reading classes compared to the wonderful proactive people of SURF. I truly miss Miss Vanwoert, The Ploetzes, Shirley is in Hawaai, and I am thrilled to see Bart has moved into our area. I was so very thankful to see Patti and James at the American conference among so many others.

The Ubook is music to my ears and I am able to sing every line :P

please take time away as I had, Carolyn. Times and demeaners do change. I miss you.

Mr. Daniel Foster
~Li'l Bro Dan'l

#4 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Carolyn, my friend, Daniel, my friend.

How nice to know that you know each other! And I know you both! Lovely friends. Sorry about the difficulties Daniel, Carolyn. I've got my gripes too. Where does it say in the UB that life is easy? I think life is hard. I don't know any persons who have it easy. You might think it is easy by looking at the surface of persons. I don't let on, so you don't really know about my difficulties, Daniel, but I don't claim any ability to make any comparisons among any of us to say who has the greatest of difficulties.

I am of the opinion, Carolyn, that some persons look for an argument place. Maybe there is an adreneline rush to doing that. You know, stirring up trouble and all. It's one way to get attention isn't it? The blame game - blame an institution, blame a person, blame a person who is also a politician. Blame a religion. Blame greed. Blame selfishness. I't not my cup of tea. Why would I want to talk to someone with a pointed tongue, someone who is pushing and shoving line after line? No, you won't find me in that line.

I probably should have written to you individually. Oh, well.

All the best to you both,

Meredith

#5 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

Dear Carolyn

I would like to show you a quote that impact me and help me so much, in a amazing and possitive way:

2. Union of souls -- the mobilization of wisdom. Every human being sooner or later acquires a certain concept of this world and a certain vision of the next. Now it is possible, through personality association, to unite these views of temporal existence and eternal prospects. Thus does the mind of one augment its spiritual values by gaining much of the insight of the other. In this way men enrich the soul by pooling their respective spiritual possessions. Likewise, in this same way, man is enabled to avoid that ever-present tendency to fall victim to distortion of vision, prejudice of viewpoint, and narrowness of judgment. Fear, envy, and conceit can be prevented only by intimate contact with other minds. p1776:1

And I think we need to confront the adversities, the daily challenge, even of our own experiences and relationship with that motivation, with joy and with the intention of keep going, to remain in force, with that spiritual force produced to search and found the Fatherís love within us, know him and to produce the spiritual fruits.

This quotes is fabulous to understand why is so important the relationship with other people, to understand one of the most important points of study grups, even to the relationship here in this forumÖ This part is amazing for me:

Fear, envy, and conceit can be prevented only by intimate contact with other minds. p1776:1

It is not escape to the challenge, rather is a real search to found within us new and better reaction habits. Certaintly, when we have dealings with our fellows, and keep this relationship with other people, others view points, sometimes (not all the time, we know that, but sometimes) it can produce some frictions between people, and I think is part of the process, is part of our grow. The key is how to react?, how to confront that experience?. How to keep going?.

Said a quote:
New religious insights arise out of conflicts which initiate the choosing of new and better reaction habits in the place of older and inferior reaction patterns. New meanings only emerge amid conflict; and conflict persists only in the face of refusal to espouse the higher values connoted in superior meanings. p1097:5

Is like the diamond. When I see always a conflict or a friction thought in a diamond. Before to look a beautiful and gorgeous diamond we only see stone, hard stone, and durty. But itís necessary a process to cleaner. We shouldn't, thought, as individual person, try to change the thinking of the other people and to live in hope that they think exactly seem like each one of us. Is impossible!. We have unity by love, by spiritual fellings, by this wonderful gift of our Father, the marvelous fragment of our dear Father. By objectives.

The Master said: To become acquainted with one's brothers and sisters, to know their problems and to learn to love them, is the supreme experience of living. 1431:1

We need to learn to love our fellows again, and again, and again. As individual persons not for critics or to judge, or think if a person is in good ways or not and fell a shame for them or think if a person is self-aggrandizemen or not. Rather to show at them our own life, the spiritual fruits, our fraternally words of stimulus and helpÖ I think is more effective. Itís no necessary to be a great thinking or read a lot of books to know that. Only we need to act. Act with love, with respect, with friendship.

Finally, and please for give me for extend. I love a episode of the Masterís experience when he was going to Rome, and he talked with a young man who worked on the steering paddle, and he has a cruel foremanÖ Can imagen that scene?. Try to have a good relationship with an autoritary person, and self-aggrandizement. Can imagen that?. Perhaps is not the same circumstance that you have or you can see, but the words and the answer of the Master can help in similar circunstances. And the Masterís words was amazing, was loving and effective words. He said, amongst other things:

Why not assert your mastery of evil by virtue of the power of goodness and thus become the master of all relations between the two of you? I predict that the good in you could overcome the evil in him if you gave it a fair and living chance. There is no adventure in the course of mortal existence more enthralling than to enjoy the exhilaration of becoming the material life partner with spiritual energy and divine truth in one of their triumphant struggles with error and evil. It is a marvelous and transforming experience to become the living channel of spiritual light to the mortal who sits in spiritual darkness. 1430:2

I think is extraordinary, a practical thing!. Even today, even in our practical life!.

What ever that you need, dear Carolyn, there are friends here that can help you and surely we can support together.

Have a nice day.
Jose Alberto Wonsover

Edited by Jose Alberto Wonsover, 11 January 2009 - 10:24 AM.

#6 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

You make my day, Jose!

Thank you for your precious thoughts and showing us the Master's teachings. They lift me up. Bravo for helping us remember how we are shown, not just the better way, but the best.

Meredith

Dear Carolyn

I would like to show you a quote that impact me and help me so much, in a amazing and possitive way:

2. Union of souls -- the mobilization of wisdom. Every human being sooner or later acquires a certain concept of this world and a certain vision of the next. Now it is possible, through personality association, to unite these views of temporal existence and eternal prospects. Thus does the mind of one augment its spiritual values by gaining much of the insight of the other. In this way men enrich the soul by pooling their respective spiritual possessions. Likewise, in this same way, man is enabled to avoid that ever-present tendency to fall victim to distortion of vision, prejudice of viewpoint, and narrowness of judgment. Fear, envy, and conceit can be prevented only by intimate contact with other minds. p1776:1

And I think we need to confront the adversities, the daily challenge, even of our own experiences and relationship with that motivation, with joy and with the intention of keep going, to remain in force, with that spiritual force produced to search and found the Fatherís love within us, know him and to produce the spiritual fruits.

This quotes is fabulous to understand why is so important the relationship with other people, to understand one of the most important points of study grups, even to the relationship here in this forumÖ This part is amazing for me:

Fear, envy, and conceit can be prevented only by intimate contact with other minds. p1776:1

It is not escape to the challenge, rather is a real search to found within us new and better reaction habits. Certaintly, when we have dealings with our fellows, and keep this relationship with other people, others view points, sometimes (not all the time, we know that, but sometimes) it can produce some frictions between people, and I think is part of the process, is part of our grow. The key is how to react?, how to confront that experience?. How to keep going?.

Said a quote:
New religious insights arise out of conflicts which initiate the choosing of new and better reaction habits in the place of older and inferior reaction patterns. New meanings only emerge amid conflict; and conflict persists only in the face of refusal to espouse the higher values connoted in superior meanings. p1097:5

Is like the diamond. When I see always a conflict or a friction thought in a diamond. Before to look a beautiful and gorgeous diamond we only see stone, hard stone, and durty. But itís necessary a process to cleaner. We donít should, thought, as individual person, try to change the thinking of the other people and to live in hope that they think exactly seem like each one of us. Is impossible!. We have unity by love, by spiritual fellings, by this wonderful gift of our Father, the marvelous fragment of our dear Father. By objectives.

The Master said: To become acquainted with one's brothers and sisters, to know their problems and to learn to love them, is the supreme experience of living. 1431:1

We need to learn to love our fellows again, and again, and again. As individual persons not for critics or to judge, or think if a person is in good ways or not and fell a shame for them or think if a person is self-aggrandizemen or not. Rather to show at them our own life, the spiritual fruits, our fraternally words of stimulus and helpÖ I think is more effective. Itís no necessary to be a great thinking or read a lot of books to know that. Only we need to act. Act with love, with respect, with friendship.

Finally, and please for give me for extend. I love a episode of the Masterís experience when he was going to Rome, and he talked with a young man who worked on the steering paddle, and he has a cruel foremanÖ Can imagen that scene?. Try to have a good relationship with an autoritary person, and self-aggrandizement. Can imagen that?. Perhaps is not the same circumstance that you have or you can see, but the words and the answer of the Master can help in similar circunstances. And the Masterís words was amazing, was loving and effective words. He said, amongst other things:

Why not assert your mastery of evil by virtue of the power of goodness and thus become the master of all relations between the two of you? I predict that the good in you could overcome the evil in him if you gave it a fair and living chance. There is no adventure in the course of mortal existence more enthralling than to enjoy the exhilaration of becoming the material life partner with spiritual energy and divine truth in one of their triumphant struggles with error and evil. It is a marvelous and transforming experience to become the living channel of spiritual light to the mortal who sits in spiritual darkness. 1430:2

I think is extraordinary, a practical thing!. Even today, even in our practical life!.

What ever that you need, dear Carolyn, there are friends here that can help you and surely we can support together.

Have a nice day.
Jose Alberto Wonsover

#7 Guest_rich.sachs_*

Guest_rich.sachs_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

i don't understand what the big deal is that everyone makes out of everything.

Carolyn

#8 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

i'm with you carolyn, it's better to just read, be a part of a live study group if you have one in the area, and live life. i only use forums because i just don't have that much else to do. but i must say that i will never have anything against anyone who is an actual tub reader.

Carolyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users