Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

The rebel plans for self-assertion and liberty: Everything is about how to assert yourself now a days. Shyness is labeled a disorder. They’ll give you medication if you don’t assert yourself. Meekness is attacked and treated like a disease. Good manners are thought of as oppression. Every urge and impulse should be expressed, otherwise you’re not asserting yourself. If it feels good, do it. Why not do it in the road? “…unbridled liberty (607) “License masquerading in the garments of liberty (613)…” Having a knowledge of one’s strengths and weaknesses is considered “self-limiting.” There must be no limits on anything. Everyone can do everything they want. “He was a bold and persistent in the advocacy of the “equality of mind (604).” Twisting the concept of equality to mean that everyone should do everything the same may have come from Lucifer. “…good and right for Melchizedeks and other groups, it was equally good for all orders of intelligence (604).” Self control is for the oppressed. Eventually, all things will be permitted. Urantia will be a worldwide Amsterdam coffee shop in the red light district.

Posted Image
"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#2 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

Dear Jessica,

The inward focus on self, the "looking in the mirror" to examine one's self has always given me great pause. When the consciousness is thus focused back within, one's connection to the universe, to God's ministrations and even the interactivity with other personalities is diminished, for that time the mind is thus directed. Lucifer loved himself and was confident (and mistaken) that he knew what was real. Yet he completely missed the Truth, because he cut himself off from reality by wasting his precious ability to LOVE on himself, instead of giving it away (so it would come back multiplied, as love does).

Love is the key to growth in life. Selflessly loving our fellows removes considerations of self (selfish) interest that limit our ability to strike step with universe reality.Loving those who hate you and spitefully use you positions you best to "do good" because if you first have love for your wayward fellow, you have already forgiven their shortcomings and this WILL be evident to them, if they are of normal human mind.

You also use the word MEEK. It is illuminating to look up the secondary meaning of this word, as it is used in some of the most important passages in our evolutionary and revelatory religious literature. The meaning is "ability and willingness to work together." Think of a team of horses pulling a chariot. Their ability to run smoothly together, with the outer horses running a bit faster around a turn to change direction is the meaning of "meek." Meekness implies submitting self-interests to a higher purpose. In the realm of personality reality, I believe we move toward goodness and light when we lessen our self-agrandising efforts to be pre-eminent and superior and instead look for the good and follow it, wherever it may lead. ( I found this definition in a 1936 copy of Merriam-Webster)

Love

Bill
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#3 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

Their ability to run smoothly together, with the outer horses running a bit faster around a turn to change
direction is the meaning of "meek." Meekness implies submitting self-interests to a higher purpose.

Bill, that's a powerful insight into meek-ness! And your image of high-speed action around the elliptical arena brings
to mind Finaliters operating in the outer space levels. To synch that lot, they'd (we'd?) better be meek?! B)
nice,
Nigel

#4 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

That is such a beautiful definition of MEEKNESS. Horses pulling a chariot. I was thinking about that all night. Wow. It's also true that Lucifer was gorgeous and selling personal liberties and assertiveness. He didn't ensnare such large amounts of intelligences just by selling atheism. You have to be pretty hot to fall in love with yourself.
"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#5 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

Dear Nigel,

The Universe |Epoch of Evolution and Finite Growth will culminate in the greatest party ever- the First Jubilee of Eternity. I believe that at this |"coming out" party for the Supreme Being, God will be giving out "party favors" which will |"add unto" the faithful new complements of being (read: seventhstage spirit status for finaliters) that will elevate and enable us to accomplish marvelous tasks in the outer space realms. This is in fulfillment of the promise (revelation) given (by the Archangel at the bottomof p.558) that we will progress from "animal to angel and from angel to spirit and from spirit to God."

One of our tasks will be to minister to the outerspacer pilgrims the meaning of the finite, reveal God the Supreme-the finite God.

Love

B

#6 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hi Jessica, Bill and Nigel

Dear Bill you said a wonderful illustration of meaning of meek. I was remembering that movie, Ben Hur's movie, when in the arena the horses ran like one... Together!. And together get the goal, like one. But is very insteresting, because each one had its own abilities, only it was possible to be seen when the horses ran what of them was quickest, or highest, or until the lowest horse had its own characteristic. The important here is that every horse was complementated for the abilities of the others. The effort of the group (and not only one) could help to reach the goal.

I remember this quote:

Throughout the universe, every unit is regarded as a part of the whole. Survival of the part is dependent on co-operation with the plan and purpose of the whole, the wholehearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father's divine will. The only evolutionary world without error (the possibility of unwise judgment) would be a world without free intelligence. In the Havona universe there are a billion perfect worlds with their perfect inhabitants, but evolving man must be fallible if he is to be free. Free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly at first be uniformly wise. Page 52

You also use the word MEEK. It is illuminating to look up the secondary meaning of this word, as it is used in some of the most important passages in our evolutionary and revelatory religious literature. The meaning is "ability and willingness to work together." Think of a team of horses pulling a chariot. Their ability to run smoothly together, with the outer horses running a bit faster around a turn to change direction is the meaning of "meek." Meekness implies submitting self-interests to a higher purpose. In the realm of personality reality, I believe we move toward goodness and light when we lessen our self-agrandising efforts to be pre-eminent and superior and instead look for the good and follow it, wherever it may lead. ( I found this definition in a 1936 copy of Merriam-Webster)

Love

Bill

#7 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

Jose, Jessica and |Nigel,

I have heard the saying "No man is an island unto himself, each is a part of the main." In a similar manner we are constituted.
Ultimately, we progress to the "next" level only when the last member of the group is ready. (Think of the stages of light and life) We are all dependent upon each other and co-operation and willingness to lend assistance to those in need is the mark of an evolved soul.

Carried to an extreme illustration: "No Man has greater love than to give up his life for another." We will not start upon the Ultimate Adventure in outer space until the entire inhabited Universe |Experience is not only complete but replete.

Lucifer engaged in many follies, |Jessica, but probably the most short ighted of all was to fall in love with his own idea of how great HE thought he was. It has sure caused a lot of misery.

B

#8 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Loving those who hate you and spitefully use you positions you best to "do good" because if you first have love for your wayward fellow, you have already forgiven their shortcomings and this WILL be evident to them, if they are of normal human mind.

Hiya Bill,

One of my pet peeves is the prevalence of "ideas" that people come up with that do nothing but set up FAILURE.

Doesn't it make more sense to you and others to start out by "loving" someone "lovable"? Someone besides themselves, that is B)

Let's first see how THAT goes for the plethora of "love" neophytes...then we can move on, wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove, to loving "enemies" - especially "enemies" who through bad luck and other non free-will choices, really do NOT have enough of a normal mind to appreciate "love"...

baby steps....short cuts aren't "real"....

Kind regards....

#9 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Love your UB posters, Jose.

I find it impossible to love myself. Don't know how Lucifer did it.

Happy New Year everyone. I'm off to the ball.

#10 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi Jessica

Thank you for you message, and I hope did you have a wonderful beginning of year.

I think this is about direction. And I have been remembering a quote:

While light dispels darkness, it can also be so "blinding" as to confuse and frustrate. We are admonished to let our light so shine that our fellows will be guided into new and godly paths of enhanced living. Our light should so shine as not to attract attention to self. Even one's vocation can be utilized as an effective "reflector" for the dissemination of this light of life. 1572:5

I think this is a wonderful learning for us. I visualize that one as a lantern... Is the mode to use!. The direction, the ability and the mode of use depend of the intention.

But I have a question: Is the self-respect similar to expression "to love myself"?. Or a person who loves himself is someone who exceeds that light only for himself and forget the others as "something secondary"?.

I think is like water; the love, the service, our life... The water needs to flow for life. What happen when the water don’t flow?.... We can see that one in a pond or in an aquarium. The aquarium’s filters can help to the fishes to keep life. In movement there is life . If the water keep it only in a place with the time is impossible to keep the life. It needs to flow. And I think this is seems like love.

Fraternally
Jose Alberto

#11 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yes, the Urantia Book says it is essential to have self-respect. I would have to find the page number where it says that self-respect is good, but self-admiration is bad. I think that the self-love psychology from the 70’s that spawned into all kinds of crazy therapies probably came from some old Luciferian doctrine workbook. I can’t prove it. But the Whitney Houston song is probably Caligastia’s theme. Sometimes people mean well when they talk about self love. They don’t know any better. They think they are doing the right thing in trying to love themselves. But as we know from Serapatatia that well meaning people sometimes play into the hands of Cal without knowing it. It seems like every TV therapist gives advice to love yourself, assert yourself, and practice guilt-free liberties.

#12 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Dear N.U.Fused,

Loving only those who are lovable or those who love you is a pleasure. Loving difficult, aggressive, misguided and confused people is a duty which can become a privilege. Love was not put into your heart to stay and it is not real till you give it away.
Returning kindness for meaness WILL make a lasting impression upon a person who has a soul, who hasn't scarred and seared it into paralysis by repeatedly choosing sin.

I can only take guidance on this most human of activities from the Master, who like the Father who sent him into this world loved everyone equally. Because I am weaker, I cannot always manage this high level of divinity (loving them all and letting God sort them out), but it remains the transcendent and immediate goal of living on this planet.

Thinking about it too much or involving my self seems to screw it up for me. |Being a conduit, a clear vessel of light and passing on what is given with the least amount of filtration through the entity of the worldly identity delivers the most goodness. Letting go-Letting God is not just an AA slogan. It is wisdom from the trenches in the ongoing war for souls that started 225,000 years ago. This is real. Not a Whitney Houston song. You can make all the difference in a lost souls life by going that little extra bit and loving them. It is what you are supposed to do and it even feels good.

Be Happy

Bill

#13 joer

joer

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hiya Bill,

One of my pet peeves is the prevalence of "ideas" that people come up with that do nothing but set up FAILURE.

Doesn't it make more sense to you and others to start out by "loving" someone "lovable"? Someone besides themselves, that is B)

Let's first see how THAT goes for the plethora of "love" neophytes...then we can move on, wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove, to loving "enemies" - especially "enemies" who through bad luck and other non free-will choices, really do NOT have enough of a normal mind to appreciate "love"...

baby steps....short cuts aren't "real"....

Kind regards....

Hey Nuf God bless You! I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson. ;)

P.1098 - §… These high levels of human living are attained in the supreme love of God and in the unselfish love of man. If you love your fellow men, you must have discovered their values. Jesus loved men so much because he placed such a high value upon them. You can best discover values in your associates by discovering their motivation. If some one irritates you, causes feelings of resentment, you should sympathetically seek to discern his viewpoint, his reasons for such objectionable conduct. If once you understand your neighbor, you will become tolerant, and this tolerance will grow into friendship and ripen into love.

May God Bless You and all your efforts NUF! Your HTT friend! :P

Edited by joer, 08 January 2009 - 04:10 AM.

The more we discover how much we are Loved by God, the more we want to do God's Will.

#14 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:<br />Music,Sports,Movies

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

"I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson."

Hi Joer yes it took me a long time to even recognize that as a POTENTIAL truth

It is still a lesson I resist but when I surrender to it that truth proves itself accurate every time.

I remember in AA I was ranting to my sponsor about being grossly mistreated by another

and when I was done [to my horror] he just laughed and said;

I guess your going to have to pray for the Son of a B... B)

P.1571 - §2 "I say to you: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who despitefully use you. And whatsoever you believe that I would do to men, do you also to them.

P.1220 - §8 Since this inner life of man is truly creative, there rests upon each person the responsibility of choosing as to whether this creativity shall be spontaneous and wholly haphazard or controlled, directed, and constructive. How can a creative imagination produce worthy children when the stage whereon it functions is already preoccupied by prejudice, hate, fears, resentments, revenge, and bigotries?

Hey Nuf God bless You! I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson.

Hey Nuf God bless You! I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson. ;)

May God Bless You and all your efforts NUF! Your HTT friend! :P

#15 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

I learned what LOVE is and how it expresses itself a LONG time ago because of the example of the "natural affection" between my biological mother and father.

Idealogues set some "other" up as an "enemy" for their (idealogue's) own selfish gain.

Not sure what the POINT is that you guys are trying to make about loving "enemies" when they (idealogues) don't have a clue about loving "lovable" people (like your parents). I do not have any experience with "AA" because I was never an alcoholic....

So do elaborate as I really am not getting it what you are disagreeing, or whatever, with me about - there's nothing in the UB about AA organizations and their brain washing - for the greater good, I guess? - techniques...

Not being snide, really, but if, I, as a USA citizen don't get it, people from other countries and races probably have no clue either - just don't step over the line into proslytizing AA - supply a link for those interested....

#16 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

I have to make a correction to my post above. Dr. Phil is a TV therapist that actually addresses and corrects immoral behavior sometimes and he seems like a nice guy and a real man to me. It is also my understanding that AA was concerned about keeping it’s literature free from all the crazy psychology out there and that is why they came out with their own AA approved literature. Another spooky fun fact is that the Urantia Book and the AA Big Book came out at nearly the same year and perhaps Bill Wilson did receive some sort of celestial visitation. And another thing that is spooky about Bill Wilson is that his book is also BIG and BLUE. And that is why for a person who shall remain nameless we have all planned this intervention. Kidding, kidding, of course. :P

#17 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:<br />Music,Sports,Movies

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hi Nuf;

Not being snide, really,

reply;

Yes you were

I guess now I have to pray for you :P

The UB foundation OR FELLOWSHIP put out a pamphlet

21 step program to adjust AA to the UB

The spiritual concepts of AA are more in line with the FER than the Bible ect.

Why do you insist that you have some corner on the market or the secret to how to love 'the lovable'?

Well you and me are lovable to those who follow Jesus spiritual concepts as in;

"You are destined to live a narrow and mean life if you learn to love only those who love you. Human love may indeed be reciprocal, but divine love is outgoing in all its satisfaction-seeking. The less of love in any creature's nature, the greater the love need, and the more does divine love seek to satisfy such need. Love is never self-seeking, and it cannot be self-bestowed. Divine love cannot be self-contained; it must be unselfishly bestowed."

A narrow and mean life does not appeal to me anymore.

Lover of the Lovable[also]

PHIL

PS;

AA is part of my personal spiritual experience and I share it as it's spiritual concepts and actions relates to the FER and

a given topic.

"I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson."

Hi Joer yes it took me a long time to even recognize that as a POTENTIAL truth

It is still a lesson I resist but when I surrender to it that truth proves itself accurate every time.

I remember in AA I was ranting to my sponsor about being grossly mistreated by another

and when I was done [to my horror] he just laughed and said;

I guess your going to have to pray for the Son of a B... :P

P.1571 - §2 "I say to you: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who despitefully use you. And whatsoever you believe that I would do to men, do you also to them.

P.1220 - §8 Since this inner life of man is truly creative, there rests upon each person the responsibility of choosing as to whether this creativity shall be spontaneous and wholly haphazard or controlled, directed, and constructive. How can a creative imagination produce worthy children when the stage whereon it functions is already preoccupied by prejudice, hate, fears, resentments, revenge, and bigotries?

Hey Nuf God bless You! I discovered one painful day in 1995 or 96 after months of prayer about enimies I could'nt love. That the reason to direct them to the good in life is not because they will get it. It's because it's the RIGHT THING for us to do. The will of God. It took me a lot of years to learn that lesson.

#18 Guest_Fellow Reader_*

Guest_Fellow Reader_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

I do not have any experience with "AA" because I was never an alcoholic.

Then upon what basis do you characterize AA as "brainwashing"?

there's nothing in the UB about AA organizations and their brain washing

What evidene (fact) do you base this statement upon? Honestly, it is hard to not interpret your comments as "snide" when you make such unflattering leaps of logic as this. How is someone who is attending AA and visits this site supposed to understand this statement nuf?

Do you really want to know what AA is all about? Or how some of its teachings are similar to the teachings of Jesus and the UB? Your not "getting it" nuf has nothing to do with US citizenship; it is purely a personal issue. There are no mysterious or esoteric teachings in AA; none at all. It is all rather straight forward, so much so, a sincere child could understand. Some people don't get God and have no faith either, but that too has nothing to do with nationality. It is said that "without knowledge there is no wisdom" (Sir 3:25; v.24), so shouldn't we "gain in learning" (Prov 9:9)?

I have never been a alcoholic either, but it does not require being one to understand what the Big Blue Book teachers or how it helps change the lives of those who overcome alcholohism through its program. Having been trained at a very young age (my first career) in alcohol and addiction counseling, and for years ran a co-ed group home for abused and drug and alcohol addicted youth, I have sat in many meeting, and I can attest with absolute assurance that the characterization of the AA program as "brainwashing" is based on little more than misinformed prejudgment of what it is really all about.

It is primarily a support group were fellow recovering alcoholics can help others start down the road to recovery from the disease of alcoholism. Basically, it says, depend on a power higher than oneself, but leaves the definition of what this higher power is up to the individual.

It would be a real disservice if this forum should misrepresent or otherwise mischaracterize a fine organization that has saved a lot of lives. I know, because I have personally witnessed those lives being saved.

It works. Why? Personally, I think it works because it encourages those who suffer from the disease, and who have hit rock bottom (which is different for each person) to have a flicker of faith that one day at a time, by depending up the their higher power, they can not drink. And we know what the UB says about that flicker of faith:

Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit. (1733.5)

Edited by Fellow Reader, 09 January 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#19 nameless until fused

nameless until fused

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Brainwashing - n,: Intensive indoctrination, usually political, aimed at changing a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with a fixed and unquestioned set of beliefs.

Aren't there OTHER methods for "washing" the brain free of an alcohol addiction in countries around the world?

Once again, Fellow Reader, I do not trust your "data" - too much is implied on too little fact.

There is nothing in the UB about AA as a health care organization.

Page 577 - "The material-comfort era....such an age is all too often characterized by tyranny, intolerance, gluttony, and drunkeness. The weaker elements of the race incline towards excesses and brutality. Gradually these pleasure-seeking weaklings are subjugated by the more strong and truth-loving elements of advancing civilization".

UB is not very touchy-feely, is it? FACTS tend not to be. And surely you, Fellow Reader, know there is going to be another round of eugenic activity, don't you? Especially when 10 billion is what the grandchildren's generation will be "competing" with for basic needs....? AA is more political of an organization IN THE CONTEXT OF A MATERIAL COMFORT AGE whose members need the ganging-up ploy to remain a "power". I have the right to my opinion. Especially in light of the past 7 years of "leadership" under someone who once had the "disease". We are ALL time penalized to some degree living on Urantia - 20 years of youth spent on a bar stool DOES add to the retardation of spiritual growth. Cutting and pasting from the UB is not going to leap frog anyone to the head of the line mostly because NO ONE on the planet - percentage wise - KNOWS about The Urantia Book.

Page 747 introduces the story about a council of the Prince's staff called "The guardians of health and life" - "....Its members taught much that was lost during the confusion of subsequents ages, never to be rediscovered until the twentieth century....". Stop to consider that Caligastia got here 500,000 years ago...yikes!

Wonder what KNOWLEDGE we're going to lose in this new age of "perception is reality"...?

Not sure why you keep getting to speak for UB readers as if we are all cut from the same cloth....it's probably going to be the most diverse group of TRUTH seekers ever to walk this planet....

Provide a link to the AA web site and I think we're done here.....especially since you've crossed the line, as far as I perceive it, now that you want to leave people with the impression that the UB and AA are "linked" somehow as "revelations" about God. Good thing that AA is NOT promoting listening to the voices in your head because it could be God or the Thought Adjuster. Psychosis is one MEDICAL symptom of alcohol "abuse".

Edited by nameless until fused, 09 January 2009 - 12:47 AM.

#20 Guest_Fellow Reader_*

Guest_Fellow Reader_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

Brainwashing - n,: Intensive indoctrination, usually political, aimed at changing a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with a fixed and unquestioned set of beliefs.

Aren't there OTHER methods for "washing" the brain free of an alcohol addiction in countries around the world?

There is nothing in the UB about AA as a health care organization.

It really doesn't get any meaner or crueler than that; sarcasm for no other reason than to harm others. You must be a very unhappy soul Anna. I feel sorry for you. Besides more of your false characterizations, for AA never claimed to be a "health care organization," you err in that there are many things the UB says nothing about, but that doesn't mean they aren't real or valuable.

Some persons are too busy to grow and are therefore in grave danger of spiritual fixation. Provision must be made for growth of meanings at differing ages, in successive cultures, and in the passing stages of advancing civilization. The chief inhibitors of growth are prejudice and ignorance. (1094.4)

Since this inner life of man is truly creative, there rests upon each person the responsibility of choosing as to whether this creativity shall be spontaneous and wholly haphazard or controlled, directed, and constructive. How can a creative imagination produce worthy children when the stage whereon it functions is already preoccupied by prejudice, hate, fears, resentments, revenge, and bigotries? (1220.8)

Prejudice blinds the soul to the recognition of truth, and prejudice can be removed only by the sincere devotion of the soul to the adoration of a cause that is all-embracing and all-inclusive of one's fellow men. Prejudice is inseparably linked to selfishness. (1774.5)

Recovering alcoholics may be "brainwashed" in Anna's jaundiced eyes, but as Phil says, may the UB, our TAs, Spirit of Truth, and Holy Spirit all work together to brainwash us into being healthy sons and daughters of God ;-)

Then came forward Simon Zelotes to remonstrate with Norana. Said Simon: "Woman, you are a Greek-speaking gentile. It is not right that you should expect the Master to take the bread intended for the children of the favored household and cast it to the dogs." But Norana refused to take offense at Simon's thrust. She replied only: "Yes, teacher, I understand your words. I am only a dog in the eyes of the Jews, but as concerns your Master, I am a believing dog. I am determined that he shall see my daughter, for I am persuaded that, if he shall but look upon her, he will heal her. And even you, my good man, would not dare to deprive the dogs of the privilege of obtaining the crumbs which chance to fall from the children's table." (1735.1)

On the way to Judea Jesus was followed by a company of almost fifty of his friends and enemies. At their noon lunchtime, on Wednesday, he talked to his apostles and this group of followers on the "Terms of Salvation," and at the end of this lesson told the parable of the Pharisee and the publican (a tax collector). Said Jesus: "You see, then, that the Father gives salvation to the children of men, and this salvation is a free gift to all who have the faith to receive sonship in the divine family. There is nothing man can do to earn this salvation. Works of self-righteousness cannot buy the favor of God, and much praying in public will not atone for lack of living faith in the heart. Men you may deceive by your outward service, but God looks into your souls. What I am telling you is well illustrated by two men who went into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself: `O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unlearned, unjust, adulterers, or even like this publican. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.' But the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift his eyes to heaven but smote his breast, saying, `God be merciful to me a sinner.' I tell you that the publican went home with God's approval rather than the Pharisee, for every one who exalts himself shall be humbled, but he who humbles himself shall be exalted." (1838.2)

Edited by Fellow Reader, 09 January 2009 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users