64 replies to this topic

#61 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

It is true that The Prince and Material Sons and Melchizedek were not attacked. But Jesus was! And Jesus was the most recent Son. And he wasn't just killed. He was tortured to death. It was cruel and unusual. This world is known as "the world of the cross." No Son would volunteer to come here after that. And even if one of them did, universe judges who decree such things would probably forbid them. So it's a library full of books for us. Universe on lookers are not as quick to minimize violence as we Urantians are. We Urantians are desensitized to violence.

Don't forget Jessica that Jesus came alone, as did Machiventa on his emergency visit. Usually Sons come with a contingent. Besides, Jesus said that no one could harm him if his Father did not will it. Nothing would happen to a Descending Son here unless God allowed it to be so. Then they would be simply following orders, think about it. I don't think a true servant of God would give up such an opportunity to serve. He would dare to declare, “Even though he slay me, yet will I serve him.” Greater love hath no man . . . and I dare to say no Son either.

#62 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hi Ted. all,

I am also pondering your #7 statement: "Father God's plan is for His entire creation of created beings to have the goal of helping mortals acsend and achieve Finaliter status." In my recollection other activities are going on in God's entire creation of created beings that have nothing whatever to do with helping mortals ascend to Finaliter status. For example:

In the discussion of Transcendentalers we are restricted, not only by the limitations of human comprehension, but also by the terms of the mandate governing these disclosures concerning the personalities of Paradise. These beings are in no way connected with the mortal ascent to Havona. The vast host of the Paradise Transcendentalers have nothing whatever to do with the affairs of either Havona or the seven superuniverses, being concerned only with the superadministration of the affairs of the master universe. (350)

But maybe you are only talking about created beings, not beings who were eventuated such as Transcendentalers. I'll have to ponder this point some more.

Hi Ted, all,

I did find a selection that addresses your #7 statement that pertains to the worlds of space. as follows:

God’s primal perfection consists not in an assumed righteousness but rather in the inherent perfection of the goodness of his divine nature. He is final, complete, and perfect. There is no thing lacking in the beauty and perfection of his righteous character. And the whole scheme of living existences on the worlds of space is centered in the divine purpose of elevating all will creatures to the high destiny of the experience of sharing the Father’s Paradise perfection. God is neither self-centered nor self-contained; he never ceases to bestow himself upon all self-conscious creatures of the vast universe of universes. (36)

While the ". . .whole scheme of living existences on the worlds of space is centered in the divine purpose of elevating all will creatures to the high destiny of the experience of sharing the Father’s Paradise perfection," the elevation of all will creatures also elevates God the Supreme in that the finite God is actualized, step by step, and this is one of the unfolding purposes of God.

To the extent that we do the will of God in whatever universe station we may have our existence, in that measure the almighty potential of the Supreme becomes one step more actual. The will of God is the purpose of the First Source and Center as it is potentialized in the three Absolutes, personalized in the Eternal Son, conjoined for universe action in the Infinite Spirit, and eternalized in the everlasting patterns of Paradise. And God the Supreme is becoming the highest finite manifestation of the total will of God. (1278)

Speaking for myself as one who seeks perfection, I do not seek it with the thought I am contributing something to the Supreme Being. I am drawn to perfection, as metal to a magnet, in spite of human struggling.

And then Jesus went on to instruct his followers in the realization of the chief purpose of all human struggling — perfection — even divine attainment. Always he admonished them: “Be you perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.” He did not exhort the twelve to love their neighbors as they loved themselves. That would have been a worthy achievement; it would have indicated the achievement of brotherly love. He rather admonished his apostles to love men as he had loved them — to love with a fatherly as well as a brotherly affection. (1574)

All the best,
Meredith

Edited by Meredith Van Woert, 02 January 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#63 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi Ted, all,

Upon much searching, I found what I think you had in mind in your #7 statement, "Father God's plan is for His entire creation of created beings to have the goal of helping mortals acsend and achieve Finaliter status." And it is this:

The amazing plan for perfecting evolutionary mortals and, after their attainment of Paradise and the Corps of the Finality, providing further training for some undisclosed future work, does seem to be, at present, one of the chief concerns of the seven superuniverses and their many subdivisions; but this ascension scheme for spiritualizing and training the mortals of time and space is by no means the exclusive occupation of the universe intelligences. There are, indeed, many other fascinating pursuits which occupy the time and enlist the energies of the celestial hosts. (54)

And other pursuits are occurring too.

Meredith

#64 Guest_Broweman_*

Guest_Broweman_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:01 AM

We would not know; not until they decide to tell us. I am looking for the specific quote that makes this statement.

Hi Bill,
I think you are right about all this electromagnetic stuff going out into the univerise, but we are 606, of one small portion of our universe. How bout all the stuff from other inhabited spheres? I would like to think higer beings would be on a completly different spiritual wave length than any material weak ass magnetism crap from everybody. I do think they some how pick and choose what they will listen too for educational purposes. That's my take on your electromagnetic crap theory - which I like cause its true. At any rate that is my two cents. Thanks for the info on quartine.

David Tadpole

#65 Teobeck

Teobeck

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Religion. Music. Blues, Classic R&B and Gospel in particular.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

I read last night that on Jerusem they built a Temple for Michael and He attended a celebration there commemorating His bestowal on "Urantia, the least in Satania". So we got the benefit of His bestowal, thankfully, as we were in the worst shape, comparitively. I wonder whether we have progressed towards any rejuvenation since then, meaning I'm sure we have somehow progressed, but are we catching up?

They have added Lanonadek sons and other additional personnel to continue to deal with fallout from the rebellion, suspended the ascension process for the 24 Counselors, etc. The Most Highs are also still in charge on Edentia. I sure wish we could get updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users