#1 BettyLou

BettyLou

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Goodmorning,
I am so glad to be here! Thank you Bill and the person in London. Greetings from the Tropics!

I will do my very best to follow correct etiquette and protocols. I think I may have this posting thing working, now. Let's see...

Hi everyone,

BettyLou here, Treasurer Interim for our Urantia Association of Florida. Many of you already know about this new project: A packet to assist in organizing and activating our local associations. I was fortunate to receive sound ideas from several GB's and more, to create a first draft which I presented to various officers and others who attended the UAUS conference in Kansas in July. The idea and initial draft packet were well received and I got the ‘go ahead’ to continue work on the project from the membership chairs for UAUS and UAI and others. Also, I received great information from Cathy Jones and Mike Berry at their workshop concerning membership. They also like the idea of a ‘Locals Packet’ and I will incorporate her papers into the Membership section.

This same post at the UAI List. I didn’t know which venue is appropriate for this but Benet suggested the forum would be better suited... Please consider sending your ideas on organizing; contacting readers; tracking activities and other applications that have worked – or not worked – for the locals. I wish to include as much input from the active locals as possible.

I am structuring the contents to fit the user by first covering a general overview of the topic; then, by going into detail with sample procedures, etc.. The readers – local leaders – can either delve deep into a particular project or skim the info for future reference. I don't know yet, whether this will be a UAUS or UAI project. Every page of the finished product will have been approved by the pertinent officers in UAI/UAUS and bear the correct header/footers to protect the work as belonging to UAI/UAUS … naturally, providing UAI/UAUS accepts it.

Many thanks to all who have contributed already! I look forward to additional ideas and comments on organizing and/or reactivating your local associations.

In service,
Betty Lou, Treasurer
Urantia Assoc. of Florida
Urantia.Florida@live.com
Cell: 561-351-1656

#2 BettyLou

BettyLou

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

Greetings to all,

I have the first draft for the "Locals Packet" ready for editing. It's in sections and all will be expanded as I receive input from others - like you - by sending in ideas, comments, etc. Also, each section will have samples of documents, invitations, etc. not in the draft manuscript.

This first draft is attached. At this time, it's only apx. 18 pages. It changes daily. Many of you have much more experience with the different aspects of organizing and keeping your local organization active and 'hookedup', so please edit for me! We can tear it up and start over if needed. LOL!

Attached File  Locals_Packet_Main_Text_Draft_1___Aug_23.doc   107KB   6 downloads

I have received great input already. Much thanks to all who have contributed. This project is materializing!

Please forgive the redundancy. I have this same post at the UAI List. Until I get responses coming from this forum, I will still be on the LIST with this, periodically.

In service,

Betty Lou, Urantia Association of Florida
561-351-1656
Urantia.Florida@live.com

Edited by BettyLou, 25 August 2008 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users