4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe DiMaggio

Joe DiMaggio

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

I have looked at the user settings, deleted my cookies, etc and this summary list just won't go away. Sometimes is does on its own, but it keeps coming back. Any one know how to control its presence?

Posted Image

#2 Joe DiMaggio

Joe DiMaggio

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

There is an "options" drop-down at the upper right of the first post in a topic. At the bottom there are "display modes". Select one of the other ones. This one is "outline mode".

It appears to be set when accessing the forum from google searches for some reason. The above will allow the user to set it to one of the other modes.

Joe

#3 EllenRG

EllenRG

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Location:U.S. Pacific Northwest, Urantia, Nebadon, Orvonton,
  • Interests:BE Fatherly loving to each and all ! Getting our FACTS straight; Planetary wide integrity; straight talking-listening; compassion; altruism; creative solution imagination; adherence to spirit of law of life; identifying/eliminating laws made by selfish interests; identifying evil masquerading as good; avoiding perpetuation of error; supporting enlightened pursuits: momentarily in perpetuity AMEN

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Thank you, Joe. I like how you asked a question,
found out the answer, and posted it after your question.
I've never clicked those "mode" things and had to try it
before learning what you meant. It is good the answer
was here because at first, sure enough, I clicked
the wrong button the first time and nothing happened.
When I went back and clicked "standard" the page looked normal.

There is a lot of new "lingo" -language- for the technical
process that I don't know. Like today I learned that
VOIP means "voice over the Internet". Last week
I learned that I can get another WINDOW of this UAI Forum
to work with as I type in another, by SIMPLY "right click"ing
the "Urantia Book Forum, conversations with other readers
(whereas, left clicking that took me out of my working WINDOW
altogether.)

One detail.. previously I've swapped which-side-is-which (of the mouse) to click,
by experimenting with the mouse "set-up" in my own "Control Panel"
---Ellen
.."..clear thinking, wise reasoning, logical judgment, sincere motivation, unselfish purpose, intelligent loyalty, experiential memory, disciplined character, and the unquestioning dedication of his personality to the doing of the will of the Father in Paradise." ..."..loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace.." URANTIA.org

#4 Joe DiMaggio

Joe DiMaggio

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

No worries Ellen. This falls under the heading of "teamwork".

#5 EllenRG

EllenRG

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Location:U.S. Pacific Northwest, Urantia, Nebadon, Orvonton,
  • Interests:BE Fatherly loving to each and all ! Getting our FACTS straight; Planetary wide integrity; straight talking-listening; compassion; altruism; creative solution imagination; adherence to spirit of law of life; identifying/eliminating laws made by selfish interests; identifying evil masquerading as good; avoiding perpetuation of error; supporting enlightened pursuits: momentarily in perpetuity AMEN

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

No worries Ellen. This falls under the heading of "teamwork".

Thanks, Joe. I have another question:

Why do I never receive posts from the UAI Forum OR the UAI List that I originate?

Also... fyi, since other "cults" have adopted the term "team",
I have gravitated towards the word "crew". It has a similar
meaning and I enjoy imagining we're on a ship of
valient progress heading toward the open sea..

LOVE to you and all,
Ellen
.."..clear thinking, wise reasoning, logical judgment, sincere motivation, unselfish purpose, intelligent loyalty, experiential memory, disciplined character, and the unquestioning dedication of his personality to the doing of the will of the Father in Paradise." ..."..loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace.." URANTIA.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users