#1 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Hello Agondonters!

This is a brand new word from the UB. It's mentioned a couple of times. The word is not in the dictionary.

Here is the section in which it appears form page 578:

"7. THE REWARDS OF ISOLATION

"On first thought it might appear that Urantia and its associated isolated worlds are most unfortunate in being deprived of the beneficent presence and influence of such superhuman personalities as a Planetary Prince and a Material Son and Daughter. But isolation of these spheres affords their races a unique opportunity for the exercise of faith and for the development of a peculiar quality of confidence in cosmic reliability which is not dependent on sight or any other material consideration. It may turn out, eventually, that mortal creatures hailing from the worlds quarantined in consequence of rebellion are extremely fortunate. We have discovered that such ascenders are very early intrusted with numerous special assignments to cosmic undertakings where unquestioned faith and sublime confidence are essential to achievement.

"On Jerusem the ascenders from these isolated worlds occupy a residential sector by themselves and are known as the agondonters, meaning evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone. This functional grouping of the agondonters persists throughout the ascension of the local universe and the traversal of the superuniverse; it disappears during the sojourn in Havona but promptly reappears upon the attainment of Paradise and definitely persists in the Corps of the Mortal Finality. Tabamantia is an agondonter of finaliter status, having survived from one of the quarantined spheres involved in the first rebellion ever to take place in the universes of time and space.

"All through the Paradise career, reward follows effort as the result of causes. Such rewards set off the individual from the average, provide a differential of creature experience, and contribute to the versatility of ultimate performances in the collective body of the finaliters."

Do you think it is bold for us to refer to ourselves as agondonters, before we get to Jerusem? We, in my study group, think we are agondonters and we would probably say you are too. Are we making a hasty assumption about the status of ourselves? Are we giving ourselves too much credit? Too much self-adulation? Too much praise? Are we giving ourselves a name that doesn't apply to us?

Meredith

#2 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

Dear Mereddith,

An interesting topic and good questions.

p. 578

..."But isolation of these spheres affords their races a unique opportunity for the exercise of faith and for the development of a peculiar quality of confidence in cosmic reliability which is not dependent on sight or any other material consideration. IT MAY TURN OUT, EVENTUALLY, that mortal creatures hailing from these worlds quarantined in consequence of rebellion are extremely fortunate..."

I see these words that I put in caps as critical to whether we are now Agondonters or not. My own opinion is that we have to complete this mortal existence with a personality developed to the point of self-mastery which comes as close to the perfection of that of the Father where that is humanly possible.

I think that "a unique opportunity for the exercise of faith and for the development of a peculiar quality of confidence in cosmic reliability" is just that...an opportunity. I would think that if we were in fact now Agondonters we would have been "early intrusted with numerous special assignments to cosmic undertakings where unquestioned faith and sublime confidence are essential to achievement..." Pehaps some of you have had these assignments, but I know for certain that I have not. So I am not an Agondonter yet.

Does this mean that there are among UB members Agondonters? I would venture to say, "Yes". I have read that on this planet there resides many who have assignments to cosmic undertakings.

Love,

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#3 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

"Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford (or Thomas Edison?)

Freedom from fear is a defining characteristic, or , more correctly, willingness to persevere no matter what. Agondontors exist on a higher level of consciousness than the rest of us, having nearly unqualified faith that lifts them as on wings. Their sight is enhanced by a singlness of purpose to see that the will of God is done, at least as they are concerned and able. This vision is long-range and focuses on the still-limited but growing view they have into eternity. Agondontors subsist on the reality of the promises of the supernal destinies afforded to faith children of time by the Father of Universes.

They know the truth. It has set them free from self-imposed restraints. They are liberated and ready for whatever the universe has to throw at them for they know, " even if i am unable there lives within me one who can." Of course you have supreme confidence with help like this. Agondontors are everywhere. There's probably one right by you right now.

Look in the mirror...

Bill
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

Dear Bill Martin,

That exactly what my other half said, when we discussed this topic; after I had given my 2 cents.

Love,

Caroyn

Freedom from fear is a defining characteristic, or , more correctly, willingness to persevere no matter what. Agondontors exist on a higher level of consciousness than the rest of us, having nearly unqualified faith that lifts them as on wings. Their sight is enhanced by a singlness of purpose to see that the will of God is done, at least as they are concerned and able. This vision is long-range and focuses on the still-limited but growing view they have into eternity. Agondontors subsist on the reality of the promises of the supernal destinies afforded to faith children of time by the Father of Universes.

They know the truth. It has set them free from self-imposed restraints. They are liberated and ready for whatever the universe has to throw at them for they know, " even if i am unable there lives within me one who can." Of course you have supreme confidence with help like this. Agondontors are everywhere. There's probably one right by you right now.

Look in the mirror...

Bill

"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#5 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Maybe we are potential (as U-rantian might say) Agondonters rather than Agondonters in fact (actual). The readers I know are attracted to this denomination. It's a new word like the word "Urantia". "Urantia" is the first word that confronts people when they see the book - the unadulterated original version of the book. (People are confronted with something else in subsequent versions of the book.) The revelators have given us these intriguing words and many others. Would they approve of this word, Agondonter, coming into widespread use on our world? It seems to me they would approve of the word Urantia in widespread use. After all it's in the title of a book.

Maybe we are considered mortals of Agondonter status in the same way we are considered mortals of sonship status. As Jesus said to Ganid, page 1469:

"'Ganid, I can well understand how some of these problems perplex you, and I will endeavor to answer your question. First, in all attacks which might be made upon my person, I would determine whether or not the aggressor was a son of God--my brother in the flesh--and if I thought such a creature did not possess moral judgment and spiritual reason, I would unhesitatingly defend myself to the full capacity of my powers of resistance, regardless of consequences to the attacker. But I would not thus assault a fellow man of sonship status, even in self-defense. That is, I would not punish him in advance and without judgment for his assault upon me. I would by every possible artifice seek to prevent and dissuade him from making such an attack and to mitigate it in case of my failure
to abort it. Ganid, I have absolute confidence in my heavenly Father's overcare; I am consecrated to doing the will of my Father in heaven. I do not believe that real harm can befall me; I do not believe that my lifework can really be jeopardized by anything my enemies might wish to visit upon me, and surely we have no violence to fear from our friends. I am absolutely assured that the entire universe is friendly to me--this all-powerful truth I insist on believing with a wholehearted trust in spite of all appearances to the contrary.'"

We are faith sons, page 447:

"The mortal races stand as the representatives of the lowest order of intelligent and personal creation. You mortals are divinely beloved, and every one of you may choose to accept the certain destiny of a glorious experience, but you are not yet by nature of the divine order; you are wholly mortal. You will be reckoned as ascending sons the instant fusion takes place, but the status of the mortals of time and space is that of faith sons prior to the event of the final amalgamation of the surviving mortal soul with some type of eternal and immortal spirit.

"It is a solemn and supernal fact that such lowly and material creatures as Urantia human beings are the sons of God, faith children of the Highest. 'Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God.' 'As many as received him, to them gave he the power to recognize that they are the sons of God.' While 'it does not yet appear what you shall be,' even now 'you are the faith sons of God'; 'for you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the spirit of sonship, whereby you cry, `"our Father."' Spoke the prophet of old in the name of the eternal God: 'Even to them will I give in my house a place and a name better than sons; I will give them an everlasting name, one that shall not be cut off.' 'And because you are sons, God has sent forth the spirit of his Son into your hearts.'"

Aren't believers of others faiths and cultures also Agondonters, faith sons, mortals of sonship status?

Meredith

Look in the mirror...

Bill

#6 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

I think that Meredith's included passage states our factual existence as Agondonters. "....evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing."

I think that description is definitive. It didn't say....believe without seeing.....later....sometime.....eventually.

We are an isolated, quarantine world, we (are forced) to believe without seeing....being bereft of visible superplanetary personalities.

I am an Agondonter. So are all of you. Urantian's too.

And that is becoming a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when I see UB readers (only) referred to as Urantians. All native mortals of this planet are Urantians.

Peace

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

Dear Meredith, Bill Martin and Seraphic Park,

We are faith sons and daughters. Meredith gave the very best of quotes to that fact.

I think I have to return to my original logic of our being potential Agondonters. I have been digging in with the other 1/2 of 2-believe and finding two brains can sometimes be better than one digging for truth. More would be even better. This is really an interesting Topic.

After reading p. 1257-1259, I think there is a possibility that we could be mixing two groups as one: The Reserve Corps of Destiny and the Agondonters? We could any one of us be a mortal who is among the Reserve Corps of Destiny without knowing it, by definition. But we also might know it. I think there is more to be thought out here. What are your ideas on this?

Is the Cosmic assignment knowledge relevant or irrelevant?

Love and peace,

Carolyn

#8 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi Seraphic Park!

I like your line of reasoning. And also your comment that we're all Urantians.

I wonder why we're so attracted to naming ourselves, that is, giving ourselves a nickname. I confess that I feel like an Agondonter - one who believes without seeing. Maybe there is an element in our motivation to call ourselves Agondonters, because we want to set ourselves apart from our brothers and sisters who don't know about the book - the source of this word. Maybe we call ourselves and everybody else Urantians for a similar reason. Do you think we are elevating ourselves to don a air of superiority over the less informed, in the sense of us having knowledge of the U-book which might be referred to as an elaboration of previous books and revelations?

Is the word Agondonter an insider word - a word used only within the community of Urantia Book readers, but completely strange to all others and possibly a very weird moniker to the rest of the world? Does it add to or subtract from promulgating the message from the book? Is it advisable to use it as a greeting - "Hello Agondonters"? Do you think the word will enter the mainstream someday?

Cheers,
Meredith

I think that Meredith's included passage states our factual existence as Agondonters. "....evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing."

I think that description is definitive. It didn't say....believe without seeing.....later....sometime.....eventually.

We are an isolated, quarantine world, we (are forced) to believe without seeing....being bereft of visible superplanetary personalities.

I am an Agondonter. So are all of you. Urantian's too.

And that is becoming a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when I see UB readers (only) referred to as Urantians. All native mortals of this planet are Urantians.

Peace

#9 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:39 AM

Hi Carolyn,

I like your line of reasoning too! At first I thought you were asking if we could be mixing two groups - mortals of the realm plus Agondonters. But maybe you're suggesting we could be mixing these two groups as one - Reserve Corps plus Agondonters. Have to continue to think about this some more. I do not know any persons whom I believe to be Reserve Corps people.

Is knowledge of cosmic assignment relevant or not? I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you flesh out that question a bit?

Cheers,
Meredith

Dear Meredith, Bill Martin and Seraphic Park,

We are faith sons and daughters. Meredith gave the very best of quotes to that fact.

I think I have to return to my original logic of our being potential Agondonters. I have been digging in with the other 1/2 of 2-believe and finding two brains can sometimes be better than one digging for truth. More would be even better. This is really an interesting Topic.

After reading p. 1257-1259, I think there is a possibility that we could be mixing two groups as one: The Reserve Corps of Destiny and the Agondonters? We could any one of us be a mortal who is among the Reserve Corps of Destiny without knowing it, by definition. But we also might know it. I think there is more to be thought out here. What are your ideas on this?

Is the Cosmic assignment knowledge relevant or irrelevant?

Love and peace,

Carolyn

#10 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Hey 2 Believe,

Let me ask you this way

Do you believe in God? Angels? Jesus? Midwayers? Holy Spirit?

Yes?

Why? How? Are you.....seeing them / these things?

No?

Then you must be an Agondonter !!! :(

Congratulations !!!!

#11 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

Dear Seraphic-Park, and Meredith,

Spent more time going over the "Rewards of Isolation"

Two keys:
1. "But isolation of these spheres affords their races a unique opportunity for the exercise of faith..."

2. ..."Agondonters, meaning evoutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone."

With that Seraphic-Park and Meredith I know that I have the faith and I know I believe without seeing. Also no one knows more about being isolated for years and few have triumphed over what many would have to agree was insuperable difficulties. I was alone in that triumph and it all led me to become a partner with a truth seeker. (no longer, either alone) But my husband's insuperable difficulties happened after mine had ended. He was alone with UB for 14 years during unimaginable adversities. Then I began to read UB=2-believe.

2-Believe are Agondonters.

"The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation."

In answer, Meredith, to your concern as to calling ourselves "Agondonters" outside of and away from others who believe, I would take the cautious path. It is obviously well hidden in UB. It only appears once. It is a pearl. Do we caste it? Or do we just cherish it? I think cherish would be loving, grateful, and less likely to lead to self-aggrandizement.

I think this is a totally individual discernment. It is not a group title. Unlike everyone who lives on the earth is an Urantian or all who believe in UB's words and have found the kingdom of heaven as Jesus meant it to be, but not what it became, are all Urantians.

"You can not percieve truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity."

Your Faith sister,

Carolyn

#12 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

I was Augusta, Ga. the last two days and introduced the book to a severely birth-deformed young man of 38 years with a winning smile and calm demeanor that urged me on to discover his raison d'etre, what made him what he is (as a man) and how he achieved his calm acceptance.

I learned much from him as we went through "the inevitabilities", morontia mota and some other salient parts of our book. I looked him "right in the soul" as I do with everyone in my life and told him God is not so much interested in outer appearances but inner substance, that our Father tends to view us in terms of our potential in eternity. We talked about affliction and adversity and the growth of the soul. I percieved he was hesitant to embark upon the enormity of the undertaking and gave him the URL for this location to help him get started.

The fact that many truths are not percieved until adversity sharpens the attention. When you can't procrastinate, equivocate, prevericate or plain "skate" away from your problems, you deal with them.
I was impressed by the total lack of selfpity, almost the complete absence of self-consciousness in this young man. I pray Nicholas gets just what he needs to feed the growth of his Soul.

I like to identify my nature with realities that are named in the book. If I am not quite yet there in all aspects of qualification to be, let's say an agondontor, I am sure to become one because that is my true intention, a destiny I aim to intercept and make my own. I feel good that this is my Adjuster's will for me because the Urantia Book tells me this. Other senses and spirits seem to affirm it. I accept it and it remains to be seen if it becomes real.

As far as learning from tribulation and adversity, I will tell you all this from my heart. I have learned way more from the failures of my life than from the victories and successess. It is my personal nature to slowly forget the bad things and remember the good things. But the lessons I assimilated from trouble guide me to this day and form the basis of my character.

Bill

#13 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hello There
It is not that simple.

Hi everyone,

Hey 2 Believe,

Let me ask you this way

Do you believe in God? Angels? Jesus? Midwayers? Holy Spirit?

Yes?

Why? How? Are you.....seeing them / these things?

No?

Then you must be an Agondonter !!! :(

Congratulations !!!!

If you see the following sentences.
P.1260 - 1
1.-God the Father, sonship is the great relationship.
2.- With God the Supreme, achievement is the prerequisite to status--one must do something as well as be something.

Agondonters (be someone) are the ones who have done something, have achieved something, have actualized some difficult potentials. No every soldier is to become a part of the special forces, no every inhabitant of the isolated planets is to enter in the Cosmic Special Forces(Agondonters).

Before saying "I am an Agondonter", think what are/have you achieving/ed of lasting value, what are/have contributing/ed to the cosmic economy. Please do notice that I wrote cosmic, not even planetary would do, only cosmic.

Bye
U-rantian

#14 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

Hello
Regarding to faith.
P.1211 - 2
1.-The motivation of faith makes experiential the full realization of man's sonship with God, (Relation with God the Father)
2.-but action, completion of decisions, is essential to the evolutionary attainment of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being.(Relation with God the Supreme)

It is not just about having faith, but about having that faith to do(achieve) something with it. Those who have faith and do nothing are unworthy to be called soldiers much less special forces.

U-rantian

#15 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:<br />Music,Sports,Movies

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hi U-RANTIAN;

YOU WROTE;

It is not just about having faith, but about having that faith to do(achieve) something with it. Those who have faith and do nothing are unworthy to be called soldiers much less special forces.

U-rantian

REPLY;

I suggest "Those who have faith and do nothing" don't have faith but mere belief.

Action is inevitable with True Faith.

But yes you can let doubt and non service reduce your faith to belief or even non belief.

"But make no mistake! this survival faith is a living faith, and it increasingly manifests the fruits of that divine spirit which first inspired it in the human heart. That you have once accepted sonship in the heavenly kingdom will not save you in the face of the knowing and persistent rejection of those truths which have to do with the progressive spiritual fruit-bearing of the sons of God in the flesh. You who have been with me in the Father's business on earth can even now desert the kingdom if you find that you love not the way of the Father's service for mankind."

Hello
Regarding to faith.
P.1211 - 2
1.-The motivation of faith makes experiential the full realization of man's sonship with God, (Relation with God the Father)
2.-but action, completion of decisions, is essential to the evolutionary attainment of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being.(Relation with God the Supreme)

U-rantian

#16 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hello U-rantian, PHIL,

Your discussion has nourishment for me. Thank you.

Until now, I never before thought that those with faith who do nothing (apparently) are believers, or soldiers, in contrast to those who bear much spiritual fruit - the special forces. I don't think you are saying we categorize people into believers and faithers or make any kind of judgment call on the abundance or lack of abundance of spiritual fruit-bearing of our neighbors, friends, enemies, etc. Not at all. We know next to NOTHING about what motivates people to act or fail to act. Here is an excerpt from Paper 100, a great t paper to read, page 1100:

"But true religion is a living love, a life of service. The religionist's detachment from much that is purely temporal and trivial never leads to social isolation, and it should not destroy the sense of humor. Genuine religion takes nothing away from human existence, but it does add new meanings to all of life; it generates new types of enthusiasm, zeal, and courage. It may even engender the spirit of the crusader, which is more than dangerous if not controlled by spiritual insight and loyal devotion to the commonplace social obligations of human loyalties.

"One of the most amazing earmarks of religious living is that dynamic and sublime peace, that peace which passes all human understanding, that cosmic poise which betokens the absence of all doubt and turmoil. Such levels of spiritual stability are immune to disappointment. Such religionists are like the Apostle Paul, who said: "I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else shall be able to separate us from the love of God."

"There is a sense of security, associated with the realization of triumphing glory, resident in the consciousness of the religionist who has grasped the reality of the Supreme, and who pursues the goal of the Ultimate.

"Even evolutionary religion is all of this in loyalty and grandeur because it is a genuine experience. But revelatory religion is excellent as well as genuine. The new loyalties of enlarged spiritual vision create new levels of love and devotion, of service and fellowship; and all this enhanced social outlook produces an enlarged consciousness of the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man.

"The characteristic difference between evolved and revealed religion is a new quality of divine wisdom which is added to purely experiential human wisdom. But it is experience in and with the human religions that develops the capacity for subsequent reception of increased bestowals of divine wisdom and cosmic insight."

So if you have faith or believe, or if you want to have faith or you want to believe, it is a great place to find yourself!

Happy reading,
Meredith

Hi U-RANTIAN;

YOU WROTE;

U-rantian

REPLY;

I suggest "Those who have faith and do nothing" don't have faith but mere belief.

But yes you can let doubt and non service reduce your faith to belief or even non belief.

"But make no mistake! this survival faith is a living faith, and it increasingly manifests the fruits of that divine spirit which first inspired it in the human heart. That you have once accepted sonship in the heavenly kingdom will not save you in the face of the knowing and persistent rejection of those truths which have to do with the progressive spiritual fruit-bearing of the sons of God in the flesh. You who have been with me in the Father's business on earth can even now desert the kingdom if you find that you love not the way of the Father's service for mankind."

#17 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hi U-rantian,

Believing in God....believing without seeing... IS doing "something", and something very big and meaningful.

I think you are attempting to place either quantitative or qualitative value accessments on faith, and I tell you no mortal on earth is qualified to pass any such judgements.

Blessed are the humble, for they shall inherit the earth

I haven't noticed faith coming with a point system in the UB :(

peace

#18 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hello Phil

Good point. There is a line of progression in the relation of mind and truth.

1.-Belief.

P.1114 - 5
The acceptance of a teaching as true is not faith; that is mere belief.
Recognize truth and accept it is just belief. Truth lives just in the mind but it is not interacting with reality, you are not living it yet.

2.- Faith
P.1114 - 5 Belief has attained the level of faith when it motivates life and shapes the mode of living.
When truth is guiding you to do something and you experience and live because of that truth then that belief has become faith.

3.- Trust
PAPER 196 - THE FAITH OF JESUS - P.2087
There is also a relation between faith and trust. I hope you will find it. :(

Read you soon
U-rantian

#19 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

Thank You U-rantian!

When you quoted:Belief has attained the level of faith when it motivates life and shapes the mode of living. it left me free to say-

YOU JUST MUST HAVE FAITH, GOD WILL DO THE REST you just must have FAITH, GOD will do the rest.

(i believe that!)

#20 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

Dear Meredith

1.-Until now, I never before thought that those with faith who do nothing (apparently) are believers, or soldiers, in contrast to those who bear much spiritual fruit - the special forces.
I have used that analogy with this language just to differentiate the level of devotion to doing God's will. It is an approximation, it is not to be taken literally.

2.-I don't think you are saying we categorize people into believers and faithers or make any kind of judgment call on the abundance or lack of abundance of spiritual fruit-bearing of our neighbors, friends, enemies, etc.
In reality, yes I am saying that, there exists categories, there are differences in how you contribute to the actualization of the Supreme, and the more you give the more you receive. The duties in the universe of a Agondonter will be different from the duties of a non-Agondonter.
As an example of these categories, we have the "without name and number".
P.246 - 6 Those without Name and Number constitute the third and last group of the Trinitized Sons of Attainment; they are the ascendant souls who have developed the ability to worship beyond the skill of all the sons and daughters of the evolutionary races from the worlds of time and space. They have acquired a spiritual concept of the eternal purpose of the Universal Father which comparatively transcends the comprehension of the evolutionary creatures of name or number; therefore are they denominated Those without Name and Number. More strictly translated, their name would be "Those above Name and Number."
P.247 - 2 Since Those without Name and Number are the superior spiritual minds of the survival races, they are especially qualified to sit in judgment and to render opinions when a spiritual viewpoint is desirable, and when experience in the ascendant career is essential to an adequate comprehension of the questions involved in the problem to be adjudicated.
True, God sees everyone equally, but that doesn't mean that everyone is equal.

3.- We know next to NOTHING about what motivates people to act or fail to act.
P.538 - 6 The last remnants of the "mark of the beast" are here eradicated.
P.551 - 3 One of the purposes of the morontia career is to effect the permanent eradication from the mortal survivors of such animal vestigial traits as
1.- procrastination,
2.- equivocation,
3.- insincerity,
4.- problem avoidance,
5.-unfairness, and
6.- ease seeking.

A lazy person may tell you, yes, I will, but he will not. That person will fail to act

There are differences between a believer, a faither and a person who trust God.

Bye
U-rantian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users