• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lou Nicksic

Lou Nicksic

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Song writing, singing, musical instruments, recording, Golf, writing in general, socializing, humor

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:07 PM

Hello fellow Urantia Musicians,

I'm sure that there have to be hundreds, if not thousands, of Urantia Book readers that are musicians.

How about we all start communicating with each other...?

I would like to volunteer to start a list of us musicians so that we can access each other to further enhance our musical efforts for the betterment of Urantia's musical future. We can make a difference if we unite... "Melody has power a whole world to transform."

Feel free to leave replies on this posting for everyone to read, but it would also be best to contact me directly through my email address: lunick@comcast.net with the title "Urantia Musician". Please give your preferred style of music as well as the instruments that you play. I will do my best to compile a master list and make it accessible to all...

You can also leave a posting at my music webpage: http://www.myspace.com/lounicksic where I have 4 original songs about Jesus that are FREE mp3 downloads.

I hope that this can catch on, and I am excited for the opportunity to serve our brethren...

Be of good cheer,
Lou Nicksic - UB reader of 36 years

#2 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Hello Lou, and all,

I just now realized that in responding to another post in "Arts, graphics, music, videos" I have inadvertently covered up your new topic "URANTIA MUSICIANS." So in writing this note to you, your topic will be back in the forefront, at least for the time being.

Thanks,
Meredith

Hello fellow Urantia Musicians,

I'm sure that there have to be hundreds, if not thousands, of Urantia Book readers that are musicians.

How about we all start communicating with each other...?

I would like to volunteer to start a list of us musicians so that we can access each other to further enhance our musical efforts for the betterment of Urantia's musical future. We can make a difference if we unite... "Melody has power a whole world to transform."

Feel free to leave replies on this posting for everyone to read, but it would also be best to contact me directly through my email address: lunick@comcast.net with the title "Urantia Musician". Please give your preferred style of music as well as the instruments that you play. I will do my best to compile a master list and make it accessible to all...

You can also leave a posting at my music webpage: http://www.myspace.com/lounicksic where I have 4 original songs about Jesus that are FREE mp3 downloads.

I hope that this can catch on, and I am excited for the opportunity to serve our brethren...

Be of good cheer,
Lou Nicksic - UB reader of 36 years

#3 williamstade

williamstade

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests: Guitar practice, writing practice, and metaphysics (The nature of reality. Laughh.)

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Urantia musicians. Laugh. Includes everyone from habbyists, serious hobbyists, Kieth Richands, to friggin; Mozart. LOL.

Anyway... Glad to hear someone bring the topic up. It can be a great subject, art, and practice. :D

William

"Straightforward naturalness, genuineness, simplicity and spontaneity are important virtues" (Lama Surya Das, 2007).

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:19 AM

One great accomplishment in music inspired by the revelation is from Lee and Dana Farmer with the Little Savage Band. They made two cds, Playing With Fire and TB&G Cafe---a few old tunes but several new creations that put the revelatory info into delightful and creative song. I'm hoping Dana will someday put all the inspired tracks in a third cd---'Little Savages Greatest hits'. One track, Jesus Was a Workin' Man, could be the best post revelation genuine Nashville contribution to secondary music works, which seems to be expanding exponentially.

Maybe you knew Lee, Nick? Too bad he died in a car wreck three years ago.

#5 Lou Nicksic

Lou Nicksic

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Song writing, singing, musical instruments, recording, Golf, writing in general, socializing, humor

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

Nice to hear from you again Rick,

I loved that song by the Little Savages. You're right on... But, then again, I liked all their music. I'd be excited to have a CD of their greatest hits..!!

Didn't know Lee, but I will someday...!

One of my goals in this musician's compilation list is to get musicians together that would never have met each other to create some new music. With all of the affordable computer programs on the market, these musicians can email a partially completed song to another instrument player and then that person could lay down a new track and email it back to the first person completing the song. And... these two people would have never physically met each other... Just like the Universe, the possibilities are endless.,,,,,

Tell your UB reading musician friends to send me their info.

May we all, one by one and hour by hour, grow ever so closer to Our Father,

Lou

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

Dear Meredith, Rick, and Lou,

Well done, Lou!

If new readers of UB and younger musicians will listen and learn from you, we will all be comforted by your music as well as that of other UB, inspired, composers.

Reminds me...that I can't wait to hear the celestial music for which we have no ear, yet.

My love to you and all who send the message of UB by creative venues.

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#7 Lou Nicksic

Lou Nicksic

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

Thanks Carolyn,

You are such a positive influence.

The younger composers should always remember that "musical harmonies soothe the soul..."

Lou Nicksic

#8 Jerry Gerber

Jerry Gerber

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, meditation, chess, reading

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hello all,

I've been a reader of the UB since 1981. I am a full-time composer/music producer and instructor of classical music theory, composition and electronic music production. The UB has inspired numerous works and movements from larger works over the years. Here is a link to some of that music, I hope you enjoy these recordings!

I look forward to discussing music and the UB with some of you...

Jerry Gerber

http://www.jerrygerber.com/ubpage.htm

Edited by Jerry Gerber, 17 December 2008 - 08:00 PM.

#9 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:01 AM

Dear Jerry

Glad that you could make it. I have listened the first of the Symphony, it is a very good job. May I suggest that if you could post it in youtube with some image that could represent a Mighty messanger, this work will be appreciated more in you put it in youtube, with windows vista you have the movie maker and you could do it.

:(
U-rantian

Hello all,

I've been a reader of the UB since 1981. I am a full-time composer/music producer and instructor of classical music theory, composition and electronic music production. The UB has inspired numerous works and movements from larger works over the years. Here is a link to some of that music, I hope you enjoy these recordings!

I look forward to discussing music and the UB with some of you...

Jerry Gerber

http://www.jerrygerber.com/ubpage.htm

#10 Kaybe

Kaybe

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:More or less [i]anything[/i] creative. People, the most fascinating, rewarding, enriching creatures (pink, furry, scaly, feathery or otherwise). The quest for the divine.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

For better or worse here I am. If you have the patience to look up my profile page you will find that I grew up in a musical family, as a recorder player, when I'm not doing other things. I also do terrible things to guitars, keyboards and unsuspecting ears!
On a frosty winters night, stand looking into the spangled sky, and listen carefully. Can you hear the spheres, singing in their courses?

If my questions seem naieve, please understand that I am a newcomer to the papers eager to learn more

#11 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hello all;
Not sure if I can contribute to this group but I do have a few qualifying factors that might harmonize.
I inherited my father perfect hearing or ear as they put it but, I didn't inherit his ear to hand coordination.
Started playing the violin at the age of five, the piano at the age of ten. However, I can tell you who and what instrument played the wrong note in a 110 piece symphony orchestra or was it 104?. It can be very annoying. At the age of sixteen I lost interest and didn't finish getting a teaching degree through the University of Toronto, Conservatory of music.
My father was the musical genius having studied in Europe as a conductor, was certified for brass and string and composition and I watched him for many hours as he sat there and wrote by hand all the sheet music for his dance band and 30+ piece brass band all from his head and memory.
I studied commercial art in high school, had short courses in architecture, accounting but apprenticed in many other trades and business acquiring most of my experience from hands on and old masters of their trades.
One main thing that my father told me from my musical studies as a child was that Music was the only universal language and that as much as I enjoyed listening to music I would never hear any so beautiful as the Angelic Heavenly COR. I understood what he meant but could only imagine the sound in my mind.

At any rate, it would seem that you are assembling musicians, although I haven't played in many years, I am a good sound man.

Edited by As-Above-So-Below, 23 October 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#12 Yourantiaman

Yourantiaman

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

In search of U-musicians try contacting Mike Macisaac : mmacisaac@gmail.com
I know he works on a book about them...

Jerry Gerber (if you are still in here) are you in family with Tony Gerber ?? http://www.spaceform...com/tonygerber/
You 2 may have something in comment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users