PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:<br />Music,Sports,Movies

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

HI JOSE;

Great post very cosmic in thinking and what a UB reader is capable of.

as opposed to this line from Bill;

"Plus there has lately been a few "wolves in sheep's clothing," disingenuous troublemakers with agendas of their own to promote that have little to do with the study and discussion of the Urantia book."

Most of Bills nastiness[self told righteous Indignation] is forgettable and off the mark.

But Bill is a brother and does post sincere and thoughtful information when not consumed
with trying to Judge then control those who he personally dislikes or disagrees with.

Hey I give myself that same privilege[self imposed righteous Indignation] not my best trait but part of me none the less.

If since the subject is about Robert's suspension even those who totally misunderstand him one
can only say he is a Wolf in Wolves clothing he certainly does not pretend to be a Sheep.

You can reconize a Wolf posing as a sheep when he/she claims to be of high morals and spiritual nature
then exposes their true nature and fruits when their expectations are not met in others

Some Morontia motive is applicable here I think;

26. Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love.

27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.

28. The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

I vote for the right of both Robert and Bill to be themselves even if I don't like it.

As long as their are no sticks or stones involved.

"Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but Names will never hurt me"

This seems like good advise and again is backed by the UB.

as were most of your points Jose.

Thanks Again

PHIL

PS;

Jose sorry about the Bill stuff but this way its only one post.

Hi my friends... ;)

I like comment, if allow me, with you permission.Only this interest aspect, that first question. Like a personal opinion.

We go through a journey, a beautiful journey, an adventure exuberant. The most great of all, the most exciting of all adventures. We begining the first steps, ours first steps of this path, of this spiritual search. We begining like a personal search, but at some time we found that much more people and friends to be in this path, in this way, in this adventure.

Here are enthusiam... Little by little. But it exists. Well yes there is certainly!. You have it!. Each one have it!. Itís your, belong to you. And you have that spirit, that mood, because is a happiness that donít explain with words, and you want that other people so do it. Do you wish that other people participate more, to be share more, to be courage more. And it is normal. Itís wonderful. Who donít be want some time?. That path it is so touched, so beautiful that you wish that creativity in the other people. And this ok. But my friend, we could not force to somebody. Each one has choise the better for that person. Some people like read more, study more, learning more. Itís wonderful. Each in his own way. Sometimes is very difficult to express it in words.

That courage, that share, that spirit has born in every man. Everything with measurement. We cannot change the people against his will. Every man himself choise the set oneís heart on something. And this is wonderful!. We cannot take that.

Remember this beautiful quote:
Man cannot cause growth, but he can supply favorable conditions. Growth is always unconscious, be it physical, intellectual, or spiritual. Love thus grows; it cannot be created, manufactured, or purchased; it must grow. Evolution is a cosmic technique of growth. 1097:4

Everything progress. Everything evolution to something better. Sometime that progress is very slowly. The wonderful flowers donít growth overnightÖ Itís a process. Sometime, perhaps, from that intellectuality suceeded to understand there are something highest that merely intellectuality. Do not exclude the intellectuality. But itís superiorÖ Itís a spiritual experience, a real experience, genuine, unique. A refreshing experience, a new experience. All things are becoming new. Itís happening that is experiential, thatís living, enjoy life to the full with all his being.

There are four phases in the evolution of religious philosophy: Such an experience may become merely conformative, resigned to submission to tradition and authority. Or it may be satisfied with slight attainments, just enough to stabilize the daily living, and therefore becomes early arrested on such an adventitious level. Such mortals believe in letting well enough alone. A third group progress to the level of logical intellectuality but there stagnate in consequence of cultural slavery. It is indeed pitiful to behold giant intellects held so securely within the cruel grasp of cultural bondage. It is equally pathetic to observe those who trade their cultural bondage for the materialistic fetters of a science, falsely so called. The fourth level of philosophy attains freedom from all conventional and traditional handicaps and dares to think, act, and live honestly, loyally, fearlessly, and truthfully. 1114:2

Sometime a person said:
Posted Image

Nothing is forced. The most beautiful always to give a natural way. A flower never forced to growth. Never forced to produce fruitsÖ Do it with naturalness!. Such is life!. In everything. The more forced more move it away. Tha Master said:

Always respect the personality of man. Never should a righteous cause be promoted by force; spiritual victories can be won only by spiritual power. This injunction against the employment of material influences refers to psychic force as well as to physical force. 1765:4

What do you do?. Follow your way. Follow with all love to be have, with all faith in our dear Father, with all energy, with all vitality, with all conviction, all certain, with all the enjoy and the happiness. Follow your way. Because itís a personal search. Because itís a personal way. Each one have a personal religion. It's personal. Rejoicing if somebody accompany us in this way!. To share with other people, sometime they ask about how do you get it. They be led to inquire. Be creative, be inventive, be yourself. Be someone new for your friends, for your family, here in this forum too, if you want. Wherever you go. In this path is very important to socialize with other friends. To know its experiences, their points of view. To feel the company of our friends. That Union of Love and spiritual values will unite more to us. Sometimes there are perspective differences, but Love is the Union. And that is the challenge, understanding more to us.

Posted Image

We are a creative persons. Itís innate. Itís natural. We living at this time in who a person need more creative, because has a better opportunity. In the work, amongst your family, amongst your friends, wichever you doÖ Beging yourself, wash the dishes, clean a room, to cook, wichever you do, try to with all love. Donít need forced somebody. Be creative yourself, and more creativity more you have to share. The more give more expandÖ But with respect. Itís difficult but that is a challenge.

Greetings! ;)

#22 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

Dear PHIL,

When a new teacher came to our campus and held forth to all to be an expert, it was not well received.

The quote to which Jose is referring was mine and since I am very much aware to whom I am writing when I write to Bill, I attempt never to let my posts reflect that of an overly zealous expert, without the expertise in an area where I am new. I attempt to not be the "new expert" who comes merely to give information already known by all who already know it.

Jose is correct, as is Bill. You may be correct as well, but on the other hand, I know you only by what you write.

Have you, PHIL ever met a real cowboy from the West? The real cowboy takes care of the cows and the wolves who try to harm his herd. Justice is swift in the old west and the new. The cowboy way is to solve any problems with the other cowboys by taking care of the business themselves. No law. No lawyers. All resolved ASAP. If you rebuke a cowboy's woman, you had better know how to run very, very fast. No where to hide, and no where to run. 2-believe are a married couple: one is a hard working cowboy and the other his woman.

UB, p1766
Jesus taught: "You shall not portray your teacher as a man of sorrows. Furture generations shall know also the radiance of our joy, the buoyance of our good will, and the inspiration of our good humor. We proclaim a message of good news which is infectious in its transforming power. Our religion is throbbing with new life and new meanings. those who accept this teaching are filled with joy and in their hearts are constrained to rejoice evermore. Increasing happiness is always the experience of all who are certain about God."

With Love and Hope,

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#23 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hi Bill ;)

Thank you for your post. Yes I living in land of "pura vida", the beautiful land of Costa Rica, the land of peace, and a land very beautiful in nature and your people.

And you say is correct, like said the Master: By their fruits you shall know them p1571:6. Thats fruits of love, of tolerance, that joy, that peace, gentleness,goodness, faith. That spiritual fruits.

Today, I was reading a interest quote: While religion is exclusively a personal spiritual experience--knowing God as a Father--the corollary of this experience--knowing man as a brother--entails the adjustment of the self to other selves, and that involves the social or group aspect of religious life. Religion is first an inner or personal adjustment, and then it becomes a matter of social service or group adjustment. Page 1090

I like so much that part: and then it becomes a matter of social service or grup adjustment. And I think that is important, that adjustment, that understanding. The man is a social being. And it's important to socialize, to know the necessities of our fellow. That adjustment of the self to other selves , sometime my friends, is very difficult, but not impossible. But it's a beautiful way. And that challenge, always to be the diversity of points of view. That, maybe, help us, in order to enriqueser our own personal experience.

A big hug. ;)

#24 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hi Carolyn;

you wrote;

Jose is correct, as is Bill. You may be correct as well, but on the other hand, I know you only by what you write.

reply;

We all could be wrong also and I only know you by what you write.

you wrote;

Have you, PHIL ever met a real cowboy from the West? The real cowboy takes care of the cows and the wolves who try to harm his herd. Justice is swift in the old west and the new. The cowboy way is to solve any problems with the other cowboys by taking care of the business themselves. No law. No lawyers. All resolved ASAP. If you rebuke a cowboy's woman, you had better know how to run very, very fast. No where to hide, and no where to run. 2-believe are a married couple: one is a hard working cowboy and the other his woman.

reply;

You seem to be able to handle yourself and dish out swift punishment
[ justice sometimes not always] ASAP all on your own when you feel rebuked ;)

Philip Charles McGreevy SR.

325 TOMAHAWK TRAIL

VIRGINIA BEACH,VA 23454

DAY PHONE-757-436-0010

HOME PHONE-757-486-9043

I have no reason to hide or run

I don't HAVE a women but do have a lovely wife

2 sons,1 brother, 2 sisters and a beautiful
new grand-daughter Dezeray.

oh yea a great dog Maggie.

I ALSO play in a original band with 2 other UB readers.

http://www.soundclic...m?bandID=782468

I am an active member of AA/NA for the last 10 years

I have been reading the UB for about 15 Years

I was a member of Susan's[sunshine] study group when she lived in
Virginia Beach[before she started Ubron]

and have been in a local study group at all times during my reading.

Anything you want to know ask.

PHIL

HI JOSE;

Great post very cosmic in thinking and what a UB reader is capable of.

as opposed to this line from Bill;

"Plus there has lately been a few "wolves in sheep's clothing," disingenuous troublemakers with agendas of their own to promote that have little to do with the study and discussion of the Urantia book."

Most of Bills nastiness[self told righteous Indignation] is forgettable and off the mark.

But Bill is a brother and does post sincere and thoughtful information when not consumed
with trying to Judge then control those who he personally dislikes or disagrees with.

Hey I give myself that same privilege[self imposed righteous Indignation] not my best trait but part of me none the less.

If since the subject is about Robert's suspension even those who totally misunderstand him one
can only say he is a Wolf in Wolves clothing he certainly does not pretend to be a Sheep.

You can reconize a Wolf posing as a sheep when he/she claims to be of high morals and spiritual nature
then exposes their true nature and fruits when their expectations are not met in others

Some Morontia motive is applicable here I think;

26. Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love.

27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.

28. The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

I vote for the right of both Robert and Bill to be themselves even if I don't like it.

As long as their are no sticks or stones involved.

"Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but Names will never hurt me"

This seems like good advise and again is backed by the UB.

as were most of your points Jose.

Thanks Again

PHIL

PS;

Jose sorry about the Bill stuff but this way its only one post.

#25 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hi

I don't comment for the Robert situation. My post was for grupal growth but without forgetting to us that the experience always is personal. Like said: suggestions that will help us improve the forum. Never comment about Robert in my post. Only think how help us to somethigs experience to be a better persons. And relate to us better.

My comment was for Carolyn.

A hug.;)

#26 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Dear Phil and Jose,

It was interesting to me to find out that when I wrote about wolves and sheep I was referring to Robert, (Iwas not). I recall the last post (chronologically) I made in reference to him was one that expressed forgiveness.

Phil,Please don't be a victim of your own presuppositions. I am sorry that you might not like me or disagree with what I put forth. Like you I will not hide and have zero secrets, am also a long-time member of AA and help out alot of people just by sitting around tables and talking.

It is beyond me how you arrived at "righteous indignation' from what I wrote about Robert. He is brusque and unnecessarily abrupt, sometimes rude, tangental and verbose. Yet he has as much right to be here as do I providing he follows the rules and isn't being disruptive for the sake of his own entertainment. When personal feuds disrupt peace and harmony, it time to tell the fighters to "take it outside."

Finally, I had nothing to do with Robert being removed from this forum. I look forward to his return. I will disagree with his tone and content directly.

Bill
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#27 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

Hi Bill;

you wrote;

It was interesting to me to find out that when I wrote about wolves and sheep I was referring to Robert, (Iwas not).

reply;

I made the mistake of ASSUMING since Roberts suspension was the Topic

never mind ;)

you wrote;

I am sorry that you don't like me or disagree with what I put forth.

reply;

I may disagree with some of your input

as many disagree with my input sometimes

but I did quote in a recent post;

"Most of Bills nastiness[self told righteous Indignation] is forgettable and off the mark.

Hey I give myself that same privilege[self imposed righteous Indignation] not my best trait but part of me none the less."

COMMENT;

ok the first sentence was unnecessary and maybe slightly rude ;)

But it doesn't mean I don't like you as a person

If your an AA member and UB reader you can't be but so Bad ;)

Ok enough of the sarcastic Humor.

How about some AA humor;

This is a true story;[short version]

I went to a Detox meeting;

A man came out of the Detox room looking well traveled so to speak

And was insistent on sharing first.

He explained how he called home and when his brother answered

he could tell his brother was drunk at the time.

This man turned and looked us all in the face and said;

Doesn't he know I'm trying to go on the wagon

Why cant my family just stop drinking.

phil

Dear Phil and Jose,

It was interesting to me to find out that when I wrote about wolves and sheep I was referring to Robert, (Iwas not). I recall the last post (chronologically) I made in reference to him was one that expressed forgiveness.

Please don't be a victim of your own presuppositions. I am sorry that you don't like me or disagree with what I put forth. Like you I will not hide and have zero secrets, am also a long-time member of AA and help out alot of people just by sitting around tables and talking.

Finally, I had nothing to do with Robert being removed from this forum. I look forward to his return. I will disagree with his tone and content directly.

Bill

#28 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:41 AM

Hi everyone,

There have been some interesting observations made in this thread and I would like to toss a few of my own if that's okay ;)

Traffic on the site: I wouldn't worry about it. It takes time for UB readers who also are on the internet and who are inclined to participate on discussion forums like these to find them in the first place and then find or initiate subjects on which they have something to say. Also as to member numbers, I would be in favor of suggesting time limits with posting-membership. Some people come by and register and never post anything. It is as if they are not here at all. It is not necessary to register to simply read the forums so maybe member registrations should be deleted after a certain passage of time with no posts? Some sites don't care about this. They are happy to have a large number of "members" showing on their statistics even though the members aren't participating. I don't see the point of tolerating this. Members who ARE here and who do participate can see for themselves how many persons actually seem to be around and participating.

There was an earlier comment berating discussions concerning the so called Teaching Mission. This too is unnecessary. Any suggestion that the teaching mission is harmful of the 5th ER is equivalent to saying that Mormonism is harmful to the 5th ER, or Methodists, or Islams, or Catholics , or name the group here > {.......} Such suggestions are poppycock and balderdash notions of certain persons wanting to attack the differing beliefs of other.....believers.

Jesus instructed that we should have NO concerns over our neighbor's religious attitude. If we are sure of what we believe....what difference does it make what anyone else believes? Said Jesus, " Have you religion? Then have it to yourself." Wise words

Religion is PURELY a matter of personal experience.

That said, it remains fine and dandy if this site or any other UB site wishes or not to entertain discussions involving any other movement whether or not the movement is related to the UB.

Thank you and enjoy ;)

#29 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

The group decision are very important. If was my case I unconditional accept that decision because effect in group. The more variable that group more better. Sometimes, like a individual persons, it is difficult to us accept some decisions that is the problem, but when can make a group decision, help us to consider our personal intentions. How many cultures are hereÖ And all cultures must be respect. Sometimes like a individual persons canít know the context, the intentions that go in the events. For me, the group decisions are very important.

I remember the wonderful recommendation from the Master. He said:

Posted Image

#30 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

Hello Jose,

Well maybe and sometimes ;)

The fact remains that religion is a matter of personal experience.

Groups are needed to decide upon SECULAR issues like group conduct and the making of civil laws and group business decisions ect...

However the UB points out the ever-potential problem with this democratic procedure. The majority of a group may vote or decide to do a thing....but the thing decided upon may be the WRONG thing to do lined up against God's law and/or cosmic reality.

Spiritual things must be considered separately from secular and material things.

Food for thought!

Thanks friend

#31 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

Dear Seraphic Park

1.-

There was an earlier comment berating discussions concerning the so called Teaching Mission. This too is unnecessary. Any suggestion that the teaching mission is harmful of the 5th ER is equivalent to saying that Mormonism is harmful to the 5th ER, or Methodists, or Islams, or Catholics , or name the group here > {.......} Such suggestions are poppycock and balderdash notions of certain persons wanting to attack the differing beliefs of other.....believers.

That is not exactly so. Some Christians say that the Urantia Book has been written by the devil. Guess what they would do with the Book and the readers, if this belief is spread.

Also, we, in this forum, are not willing to give place to so called "revelations" that come through channelling. There is a great difference between studying chanelling material and the Urantia Papers.

2.-

Jesus instructed that we should have NO concerns over our neighbor's religious attitude. If we are sure of what we believe....what difference does it make what anyone else believes? Said Jesus, " Have you religion? Then have it to yourself."

Everything is relative, Jesus was talking in the relative. Jesus also said.
P.1730 - ß0 The appeal of all such religions is largely to the mind. And now are we about to enter upon a deadly conflict with such a religion since we will so shortly begin the bold proclamation of a new religion--a religion which is not a religion in the present-day meaning of that word, a religion that makes its chief appeal to the divine spirit of my Father which resides in the mind of man;

P.1728 - ß7 3. True religion--the religion of revelation. The revelation of supernatural values, a partial insight into eternal realities, a glimpse of the goodness and beauty of the infinite character of the Father in heaven--the religion of the spirit as demonstrated in human experience.

3.-

Yes, it is. But not everyone is with the religion of the revelation based on experience. Many are with the following.
P.1728 - ß5 1. Primitive religion.
P.1728 - ß6 2. The religion of civilization.
What kind of civilization do you think they are going to have with these beliefs?

Many times to balance idealism with the reality of evolutionary universes is necessary.

Thanks
U-rantian

#32 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:57 PM

Dear Seraphic Park,

I have to second the post of U-rantian. TM'rs are saprophitic in nature subsisting upon the living energies of those Urantia Book readers who choose to give them credence and attention.

I attended all of the early Brotherhood Conferences and led a workshop at Snowmass 1980 with my fellow presenter Matthew Block on the "FINITE GOD." Over the years, the urantia Book remained the center of focus of all these affairs. After the "breakup" of the Brotherhood, the Fellowship held conferences that increasingly became "BIG TENT" extravaganzas allowing everyone from UFO enthusiasts, crystal energy nuts, yoga devotees etc,etc,etc an equal share. This led to the minimalization of the Fifth Epochal Revelation, in my estimation, a carnival-like atmosphere unbecoming what a Urantia Book conference should be.

Discontent among FEF members who were tired of the attacks on the Urantia Foundation by rebels and the growing desire of all to hold conferences and support an organization that were about studying the Urantia Book, led to the solid growth of
the UAI (formerly IUA) and directly to this forum.

This Forum is about studying the Urantia Book and ONLY the Urantia Book and what directly relates to that study. It will not be a bandstand for the promotion of people who get all their credibility from saying " almost everything you read in the Urantia Book is true, except for______________________ (fill in the blank), which now changes everything. Here, listen. We'll channel Ham or Gog or Shem or Magog, they'll tell you."

I will fight these kinds of parasites to my dying breath and sleep easy every night.

I could not have made such an eloquent, pointed and relevant reply to Seraphic Park as you did U-rantian. I am proud to have a brother who could.

Bill Martin

#33 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi Bill and U-rantian,

Well I will disagree with you and stand by what I said previously. Perhaps a new thread should be started in one of the other forums. It would be disrespectful to continue to take this thread off topic.

Thanks

#34 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

Hello,

I looked up the line you say Jesus said. But he actually said, "Have you faith?"

Jesus instructed that we should have NO concerns over our neighbor's religious attitude. If we are sure of what we believe....what difference does it make what anyone else believes? Said Jesus, " Have you religion? Then have it to yourself." Wise words

Thank you and enjoy ;)

And this is the context in which "Have you faith?" appears (Paper 99, page 1090):

"5. SOCIAL ASPECTS OF RELIGION

"While religion is exclusively a personal spiritual experience--knowing God as a Father--the corollary of this experience--knowing man as a brother--entails the adjustment of the self to other selves, and that involves the social or group aspect of religious life. Religion is first an inner or personal adjustment, and then it becomes a matter of social service or group adjustment. The fact of man's gregariousness perforce determines that religious groups will come into existence. What happens to these religious groups depends very much on intelligent leadership. In primitive society the religious group is not always very
Page 1091 different from economic or political groups. Religion has always been a conservator of morals and a stabilizer of society. And this is still true, notwithstanding the contrary teaching of many modern socialists and humanists.

"Always keep in mind: True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.

"The religion of Jesus is the most dynamic influence ever to activate the human race. Jesus shattered tradition, destroyed dogma, and called mankind to the achievement of its highest ideals in time and eternity--to be perfect, even as the Father in heaven is perfect.

"Religion has little chance to function until the religious group becomes separated from all other groups--the social association of the spiritual membership of the kingdom of heaven.

"The doctrine of the total depravity of man destroyed much of the potential of religion for effecting social repercussions of an uplifting nature and of inspirational value. Jesus sought to restore man's dignity when he declared that all men are the children of God.

"Any religious belief which is effective in spiritualizing the believer is certain to have powerful repercussions in the social life of such a religionist. Religious experience unfailingly yields the "fruits of the spirit" in the daily life of the spirit-led mortal.

"Just as certainly as men share their religious beliefs, they create a religious group of some sort which eventually creates common goals. Someday religionists will get together and actually effect co-operation on the basis of unity of ideals and purposes rather than attempting to do so on the basis of psychological opinions and theological beliefs. Goals rather than creeds should unify religionists. Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience. Let the term "faith" stand for the individual's relation to God rather than for the creedal formulation of what some group of mortals have been able to agree upon as a common religious attitude. "Have you faith? Then have it to yourself."

"That faith is concerned only with the grasp of ideal values is shown by the New Testament definition which declares that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

"Primitive man made little effort to put his religious convictions into words. His religion was danced out rather than thought out. Modern men have thought out many creeds and created many tests of religious faith. Future religionists must live out their religion, dedicate themselves to the wholehearted service of the brotherhood of man. It is high time that man had a religious experience so personal and so sublime that it could be realized and expressed only by "feelings that lie too deep for words."

"Jesus did not require of his followers that they should periodically assemble and recite a form of words indicative of their common beliefs. He only ordained that they should gather together to actually do something--partake of the communal supper of the remembrance of his bestowal life on Urantia.

"What a mistake for Christians to make when, in presenting Christ as the supreme ideal of spiritual leadership, they dare to require God-conscious men and women to reject the historic leadership of the God-knowing men who have contributed to their particular national or racial illumination during past ages."

Good reading,
Meredith

#35 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

And for more good reading, go to page 2987, Paper 196, for "The Faith of Jesus":

http://mercy.urantia...s/paper196.html

Cheers,
Meredith

#36 Guest_Seraphic_Park_*

Guest_Seraphic_Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hello Meredith,

Excellent ! Thank you

#37 PHIL

PHIL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

Hi Bill;

You wrote;[edited]

I attended all of the early Brotherhood Conferences and led a workshop at Snowmass 1980 with my fellow presenter Matthew Block on the "FINITE GOD." Over the years, the urantia Book remained the center of focus of all these affairs. After the "breakup" of the Brotherhood, the Fellowship held conferences that increasingly became "BIG TENT" extravaganzas allowing everyone from UFO enthusiasts, crystal energy nuts, yoga devotees etc,etc,etc an equal share. This led to the minimalization of the Fifth Epochal Revelation, in my estimation, a carnival-like atmosphere unbecoming what a Urantia Book conference should be.

AND;

I will fight these kinds of parasites to my dying breath and sleep easy every night.

REPLY;

Here we agree totally amazing huh ;)

I was disheartened when first being confronted with all you describe above.

The first time I saw the UB mentioned in the public media was in a UFO
program.

Then when I joined Ubron it was loaded with New Agers and Teamers.

The UB I READ never supported the big three Mortal alien UFO,CHANNELING,New Age fluff

I fought hard[carnival] using the UB but it started hurting me spiritually

I was holding Anger and resentment and you being familiar with AA

You know that is dangerous to my health.

I need my spiritual gas tank full to get by day to day and
dealing with Carnival eats up a lot of gas.

I am learning to deal with it in a more efficient manner but
every once in a while I empty my tank.

And it feels right in a guilty pleasure sort of way ;)

PHIL

Dear Seraphic Park,

I have to second the post of U-rantian. TM'rs are saprophitic in nature subsisting upon the living energies of those Urantia Book readers who choose to give them credence and attention.

Discontent among FEF members who were tired of the attacks on the Urantia Foundation by rebels and the growing desire of all to hold conferences and support an organization that were about studying the Urantia Book, led to the solid growth of
the UAI (formerly IUA) and directly to this forum.

This Forum is about studying the Urantia Book and ONLY the Urantia Book and what directly relates to that study. It will not be a bandstand for the promotion of people who get all their credibility from saying " almost everything you read in the Urantia Book is true, except for______________________ (fill in the blank), which now changes everything. Here, listen. We'll channel Ham or Gog or Shem or Magog, they'll tell you."

I could not have made such an eloquent, pointed and relevant reply to Seraphic Park as you did U-rantian. I am proud to have a brother who could.

Bill Martin

#38 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, brother!

Resentment is powerfully dangerous stuff.(the number one reason why people slip and "go back out") It is always better, easier in the long-run, to forgive someone. That way you can look them directly in the soul with sincere caring in your heart instead of negativity. If they come around, you are available and there for them. If evil clouds their vision,and self-assertion subverts their will, then you can always pray for them.

God's will be done

will-i-am

#39 Guest_rich.sachs_*

Guest_rich.sachs_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

not sure of the jcl connection to carolyn but it's the same. if you love the book, like me, then just post away and if you get some comments, great, if not, then i always learn something myself when i dig into the ub with a query of some kind by some poster. it's all for one's own edification seemingly. intelligent, intellectual, enthusiasum is all a judgement call, and what one person thinks is such another person won't.

Dear Admin,

When I look at the Forum it looks like the jcl Showand I find this embarassing.

So my question is; to post or not to post?

By reading far back into the history of the Forum, I found far more enthusiam and more intellectual (as relates to TUB) dialogue than today. Not a judgement meant, but a concern. Am I being too critical of jcl? Are we all on the logical road at this point in time and space?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Regards,

jcl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users